Charm?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Charm?!
Charm?!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-29 22:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Throwing fodder pets at something til it eventually dies an hour later wasn't especially difficult.

You had to worry about mischarms and you had to anticipate when you needed to switch pets. It was definitely a bit harder than the Abyssea model of putting a Dipper/Falcorr/Nazuna on something and just using Reward when your timer was up.
This is the problem with people who "learned" their jobs in Abyssea. If you lack the experience of playing with it and learning how to deal with the game when you aren't in God-mode, then you will never be as good. Look at the BLM's who can't watch their hate, or WHM's who can't watch their MP efficiency, or BST's who scratch their heads when you tell them to convert their pets. If you are 99BST and have never had a Charm set past 30, you are in for a rude awakening.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
Server: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 22:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

By "anticipate when you needed to switch pets", you mean you had to be awake?

I repeat: beastmaster has always been easy. I don't understand everyone's fixation on proving that this game was difficult at some mysterious point in its lifetime
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-29 22:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't expect the primary role of BST to change with this update/expansion. So I think those abyssea bsts will continue to be just fine in Dynamis.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-29 22:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything looks like rocket science when compared to Abyssea.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 22:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And I continue to get a chuckle out of the profiles of the vast majority of those who claim that they learned their craft the proper way. The lot of you haven't the slightest idea how this game works or how to perform optimally in it

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Gilgamesh/Tenshibaby/#forum

I mean, seriously? You're lecturing others on rude awakenings? You were clueless then, and you're clueless now.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-03-29 22:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat bird whistle.
[+]
By Gimp 2013-03-29 22:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to say he's referring to mob availability and respawns of the charmed pets you're using whether to use leave on them for them to despawn (as long as it's outside it's normal pop area) to be up quicker and buffer the nm you're trying to kill with a jug pet to allow more time of other possible charmable mobs to be up to use again. There's also chances you take of a mischarm in a group of mobs that are charmable and you have an additional 1~2 adds on you that you have to deal with as well as the nm which usually results in death.

It's very fun and challenging managing your pets when it was a nm with strong abilities/annoying ones that rip pets apart left and right and you had to stay alive and manage your pet spawns as well as ss/blink and reward timers to stay alive, let the pull hate, then back off into a safe location and anticipate your next moves.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-29 22:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I wouldn't expect the primary role of BST to change with this update/expansion. So I think those abyssea bsts will continue to be just fine in Dynamis.
This too...but i dotn see having a charmed mob being the deciding factor either.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-29 22:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww, you need to resort to cheap tactics like pulling my scanned profile from Gilgamesh (dead server) when I did a quick run to help with a NM and otherwise didn't play for 8 months? You must be pretty butthurt.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 22:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointing out that you're incapable of grasping the most basic of game mechanics while asserting that you were privy to specialized training is not a cheap tactic, you're just a) delusional, and b) not very intelligent.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-29 22:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no hard jobs in this game. But I don't think you can deny that beastmaster got much easier after SE ignored Charm and focused on jug pets. When you could solo 90% of Abyssea mobs by equipping Ducal Guard and using Reward whenever it's up, there's minimal skill involved there.

Gimp said: »
I'd like to say he's referring to mob availability and respawns of the charmed pets you're using whether to use leave on them for them to despawn (as long as it's outside it's normal pop area) to be up quicker and buffer the nm you're trying to kill with a jug pet to allow more time of other possible charmable mobs to be up to use again. There's also chances you take of a mischarm in a group of mobs that are charmable and you have an additional 1~2 adds on you that you have to deal with as well as the nm which usually results in death.

It's very fun and challenging managing your pets when it was a nm with strong abilities/annoying ones that rip pets apart left and right and you had to stay alive and manage your pet spawns as well as ss/blink and reward timers to stay alive, let the pull hate, then back off into a safe location and anticipate your next moves.

Exactly.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-29 22:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that SE has thrown a bone to Pup and Bst, maybe now they can get back to more important things like fixing the emnity system, and tenshibabe can go back to trying to come up with excuses as to how the November elections went so badly for him.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 22:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that SE has thrown a bone to Pup and Bst, maybe now they can get back to more important things like fixing the emnity system, and tenshibabe can go back to trying to come up with excuses as to how the November elections went so badly for him.

What did pup get? Surely you don't mean Asuran Fists lol. That was hardly a "bone".
By Enuyasha 2013-03-29 22:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would still rather snarl away my hate then hope to god my pet can take hate from me before i die really :<
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-29 22:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaparu said: »
Pointing out that you're incapable of grasping the most basic of game mechanics while asserting that you were privy to specialized training is not a cheap tactic, you're just a) delusional, and b) not very intelligent.
So you are inferring from an ad hoc gear set that I don't understand mechanics, and am delusional, and not intelligent? I'm guessing you are just insecure about taking the elevator to 99 on your jobs and have to invent an alternate reality to cope with it. And fwiw, I soloed the NM I went after, and did so with charmed mobs, so apparently I knew what I needed to wear.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 22:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to chalk this up to another one of life's little mysteries, but there's an irrefutable pattern of good players recognizing that this game has always been easy, and lackluster players convincing themselves that it used to be hardmode
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-29 22:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

What did pup get? Surely you don't mean Asuran Fists lol. That was hardly a "bone".

The only bone PUP ever seems to get is the one that gets stuck in its *** every update.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-03-29 22:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to bring some context to this:

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
You don't need Haste Samba and Fan Dance. Unless you are going the jack-of-all-trades route, decide if you want to attack faster or defend better. If you are soloing, I recommend not doing Haste Samba, since you will have Fan Dance on.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 22:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pattern fulfilled.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-29 22:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The butthurt is strong with these losers lol...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-29 22:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

biscuit? >.>
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 22:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no hard jobs in this game. But I don't think you can deny that beastmaster got much easier after SE ignored Charm and focused on jug pets. When you could solo 90% of Abyssea mobs by equipping Ducal Guard and using Reward whenever it's up, there's minimal skill involved there.

Easier insofar as it's easier to use a moving sidewalk than it is to physically stride several feet forward

Both were always braindead activities. Throwing a more difficult label on one because you couldn't be comatose while hitting a series of three buttons every few minutes is a tad disingenuous
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-29 23:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier insofar as it's easier to use a moving sidewalk than it is to physically stride several feet forward

Both were always braindead activities. Throwing a more difficult label on one because you couldn't be comatose while hitting a series of three buttons every few minutes is a tad disingenuous
I guess the question is: did you ever play BST with charm between levels 35 and 75 outside of Abyssea?

And the answer is, obviously, "no".
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-29 23:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They fixed a spelling error on our hat! YES!
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-29 23:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to get caught up in arguing the minutiae here. You can play BST in Abyssea (for most mobs) by standing in place and using 3 abilities- Fight, Reward, and Ready. While using charmed pets on a strong NM is not exactly difficult, it does require more skill than that. It's relatively more complicated and difficult. There's also more risk involved due to mischarms and links.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 23:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

biscuit? >.>

More like a proc we should have had years ago, that doesn't change the fact that nobody wants us in ANY goddam event except salvage lol.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-29 23:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies

Fight, Reward, Sic(if you're feeling dangerous), Leave, and Charm

Pre-Abyssean beastmasters were madmen I tell you, madmen!

Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-29 23:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

More like a proc we should have had years ago, that doesn't change the fact that nobody wants us in ANY goddam event except salvage lol.

Hey at least you are wanted for a relevant event?
By Enuyasha 2013-03-29 23:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

They fixed a spelling error on our hat! YES!
there was a spelling error? and its fixed? *** game breaking man!
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2013-03-29 23:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest part about bst pre-abyssea was keeping your NM from getting stolen...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7