Charm?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Charm?!
Charm?!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-30 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You have been wrong all along, thats all that matters.
Again, I have been right. You noobs who troll FF forums from mommy's basement will pull together because you all took the easy path and suck at your jobs, so you all rush to each other's defense. I was sporting Maat's cap while you were begging for gil in Sandy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-30 16:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I find your frantic ***-waving pathetic. No one cares about your outdated achievements. Just because X is harder than Y doesn't mean that X is all that difficult in the first place.

This topic got dumb (which I contributed to undoubtedly) and needs to die now.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-03-30 17:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I find your frantic ***-waving pathetic. No one cares about your outdated achievements. Just because X is harder than Y doesn't mean that X is all that difficult in the first place.

Of course you do. You and most everyone else in this thread got your achievements on easy-mode. Of course you all get butthurt when people say Abyssea-leveled 99's are usually inadequate. It's understandable. Not forgivable, but understandable.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-03-30 17:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
Again, I have been right. You noobs who troll FF forums from mommy's basement will pull together because you all took the easy path and suck at your jobs, so you all rush to each other's defense. I was sporting Maat's cap while you were begging for gil in Sandy.

>Implying maat's cap was ever a sign of a good player.

Stop using the word troll if you don't *** understand the meaning of it, which you clearly do not.

"Mom's basement" line, original as ***, tell us more about that high ground you have while acting edgy/angry on an MMORPG forum.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 17:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you do. You and most everyone else in this thread got your achievements on easy-mode. Of course you all get butthurt when people say Abyssea-leveled 99's are usually inadequate. It's understandable. Not forgivable, but understandable.

L.....O.....L

ITT: Bst is serious business, oh and mega difficult, apparently.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-30 17:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good job, summoner burner.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-30 17:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever told you that you're kind of a ***?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-03-30 17:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
The entire arguement (once again) boils down to: good players will be good, bad will be bad.
Between people's usual delusion "I'm the best, I just have bad gear at the moment", "I'm the best, that's all there is to know" and their inflated ego "I'm full AF3+2 NIN, of course I'm the ***", "dude I can solo Cirein Croin on my DNC", you can't possibly expect any random guy such as this Tenshitbaby to understand this very simple and true answer.

Objectively, though, there is a h u g e difference between a good player and a player that can carry. Very few players can carry.
Yes, you nailed it. I have all along been saying good players will be bad, and bad players will be good, not able to comprehend the topic at hand. You are probably the smartest petit garcon in France.

/sarcasm
Cry me a river. You're a joke, deal with it.

Let the big boys share their useful charm sets, you're not needed here or anywhere close to whatever is related to FFXI for that matter.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2013-03-30 17:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in, hitting the charm macro is hard. I repeat, hitting the charm macro is hard.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-30 17:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-03-30 17:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

/sarcasm
Y'know, we actually have sarcasm tags.

Just to let you know.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-03-30 17:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems oddly familiar...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-03-30 17:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

this smells oddly familiar...
[+]
 Sylph.Heillon
Server: Sylph
user: Heillon
By Sylph.Heillon 2013-03-30 17:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

erroneous42 said: »
You were forced to solo or duo do to the fact that it was weak in exp pts.

I don't understand this. I was in exp parties on my bst multiple times through lvls 30-70 pre-aby. I was out damaging the DDs without even trying. :/
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-30 18:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure everyone levelled 85-99 in Abyssea, except Draylo, who levelled his jobs 95-99 in Voidwatch.

Or perhaps you live in an alternate dimension where LV75 strategies are still wholly relevant to today's metagame and level 99 was released before Abyssea.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-03-30 18:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Blarg good to hear BST isn't sitting on useless abilities any more (unlike some jobs... looking at you THF -.-)

On the flip side, *** is not what i would describe tenshibaby, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? maybe more than likely blissfully incompetent.

An article just for you tenshibaby!~
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-30 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I'm pretty sure everyone levelled 85-99 in Abyssea, except Draylo, who levelled his jobs 95-99 in Voidwatch.

Or perhaps you live in an alternate dimension where LV75 strategies are still wholly relevant to today's metagame and level 99 was released before Abyssea.

Psh, 95-99 in VW,get on my level! COR90-99 and WHM89-99 in VW :3

Of course my WHM wasnt a real job.
My COR was but "rolls are useless with atmas now!"

......***
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-30 18:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pleebo I love you. Marry me?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-30 18:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »

Pleebo I love you. Marry me?
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-30 19:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-03-30 19:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just so happy for y'all
[+]
By erroneous42 2013-03-30 19:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Heillon said: »

I don't understand this. I was in exp parties on my bst multiple times through lvls 30-70 pre-aby. I was out damaging the DDs without even trying. :/

there are always exceptions, like getting invited to a noob party where a bst was out dd'n actual dd's. for the most part people wouldn't invite bsts, that was just a given.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2013-03-30 22:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

there are always exceptions, like getting invited to a noob party where a bst was out dd'n actual dd's. for the most part people wouldn't invite bsts, that was just a given.

C'mon guys, the real reason no one ever invited bsts to party was because they caused everyone to get lower exp.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 22:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL.......
By erroneous42 2013-03-30 22:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cadant said: »

C'mon guys, the real reason no one ever invited bsts to party was because they caused everyone to get lower exp.

lol only if they were using tough+ pets. selective memory i guess
By Chimerawizard 2013-03-30 23:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, if I had comp I'd quote...nah I would be playing right now.

I leveled BST pre-WotG, I gotta say, it was not difficult, it was very time consuming, made the people in the hnmls I had recently joined lol at me a lot, and required the patience of a ...tree?

I remember a few things that were actually difficult though, learning the job at low level and completely without decent gear for the level; in otherwords, constant mischarms. About lv20 I ran into a roadblock, every time I got enough xp to pay for a death, I'd prove Murphy's law. That took me a few days to break free from, then i had little to no trouble getting constant chain 4-5 with an infrequent death about every level. While leveling in Gustav, I pop'd/killed the NM gob that is a lottery spawn there. That took a while. Solo'd much of the way to 75. Killed a few NMs solo to prove I knew how to play BST properly.

It is not some magically difficult job to play, but as the only job where more than half your DD potential can turn around mid-fight and kill you, it has a slightly higher learning curve than the other 14 jobs (17 @ ToAU).

Someone mentioned getting parties easily...did you make them, gear yourself to look like a WAR and stay /anon the whole time? I only saw one person take a BST in a regular xp party back then, and he was shortly after kicked because xp was far worse than before: Not to mention those rose colored glasses on the parse (unless you had at least an EM pet).

Familiar is hard...there were only a few levels that was good for, 50 sacrarium for panty farming / body snatching, level 10-25ish, I must have been delirious because I charmed a T mob, 2hr, got three or four levels, and my pet was VT when it turned on me.

I can't wait to pull out of storage my AF+1 for charm. Gotta buy a new set of accessories though.

Didn't everyone level 80-90 in abyssea and 90-99 in VW?

Again, BST isn't hard, but you have to admit that any time you are alone there is less margin for error...pre-abyssea
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-03-31 00:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is still being talked about?

Seriously, don't we have more important things to worry about? like Sephrin's and Pleebo's wedding?!? (I call Best Man)

BST's could not out DD a good DD. I do not care what anyone says, it's just not true. BST's know it, DD's know it. I have seen BST's out DD in exp pts pre ToAU, those pt's I shortly left as it wasn't worth the time.

Personally I found BST simple enough to level, same with NM's using only POL macros...

Charm, Fight, target dies, leave! Repeat.. that's hard???

No, but then again asking a WHM to cast Cure is hard? No but some still fail at it.

We're arguing over what? BST now has partial use out of Charm again in new zones? This is bad because?....
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-03-31 07:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I read through all 4 pages, and wow...

dude, competent SCH working through 2 arts hybrid enfeeble + nuke and supporting is hard, a single WHM keeping up with MP management and hate management while keeping all members alive and buffed well in Legion is semi hard, a BST spamming macros premade that pairs with spellcast is just derp HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, taking up a BST from 1-75 was never remotely hard if you got half a brain to know of your mob and surroundings. Stop acting like BST is rocket science.

There are perle BSTs that overgrabs everything Dyna that gives us enough bad rep already, stop contributing to that fact and make BST looks stupid, PWEASE!
By Toebag 2013-03-31 07:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'm pleased about the potential of using Charm seriously again.

I just need to work on my Charm set so I can more reliably land it on all the Tough mobs.. (not seen anything out there EM or below).

As for the argument.. lol.
[+]
By torxim 2013-03-31 08:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have to ask, who in this thread actually leveled BST 1-75 solo back in the day?

Solo exp on BST charming pets requires a different set of skills than jug popping in abyssea with atma to assist you. It isn't necessarily harder but is less forgiving than exping with other players to assist you should something go wrong.

To the people saying "LOL, charm macro, wow so difficult, LOL"; what is your plan for when you are fighting a mob that links, your charm wears off and you mischarm causing your pet to turn on you along with the monster you are fighting?

The skill in playing solo BST really came from being able to get by when luck goes against you. If landing charm was 100%, yes it would be a breeze, but it isn't.

I hope the fun of solo BST comes back with the expansion, it will be interesting to experiment with different subs with the higher level cap from the last time this play style was relevant. /RDM might have a bit more relevance than /WHM used to with refresh, etc, though /DNC will probably still rule the roost.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7