[Dev] Seekers Of Adoulin (Mar 13)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
[Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Blze 2013-03-14 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

all that gear is from the first three Naakuals/Landgods? and 4 more to go! can't wait

why are those hybrid metal dual-elementals here in adoulin?

and that plant mob at the end....hmm if you look at the seeker of adoulin banner on the first page they show two figures one that is a adventure with a lantern and theres another "thing" that's back is being hit with a lantern looks like a humanoid plant-man a.k.a Swamp thing. that or i'm seeing things.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-14 12:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the hybrid dual elementals are also in sky. Nothing special about them being in SoA.

And no I don't think play as a monster will be ready (as we've seen like 0 trailers/videos/posts about it) in time.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-14 12:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog Resort is probably the Farmville venue that is said to be in SoA.
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-03-14 12:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
the hybrid dual elementals are also in sky. Nothing special about them being in SoA.
wut?
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-03-14 12:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

do they drop clusters of both elements?
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-14 12:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
wut?

yup. They added VT ones in sky, they are by the newer VT golems. They are in a small remote section of sky, but I definitely stumbled upon them when I was wondering around up there one day.

Edit: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ungeweder
Listed in the shrine of ru'avitau
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-14 12:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said: »

Damned if I know, I wasn't about to find out, I had other agendas (aside from getting lost lol)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said: »

Damned if I know, I wasn't about to find out, I had other agendas (aside from getting lost lol)

Not at the same time afaik, but they definitely cast both elements. Was only dumb enough to mess with a few of them.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-14 14:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Lion, prishe, lilysette, now that new princess leia kiddo, why do they keep addinG jailbaits to storyline...

But me likes!
Its only jailbait if you are always looking at female characters as sex objects >.>
Seriously tho, its a game made in japan where in their culture youth is worshipped, so characters are always going to skew on the extremely young side - thought people would know this and be over it by now.

Oh and the expansion trailer shows there is froggies to kill - woot! (i think poroggo/squib are cute)
They sell used teen panties in vending machines there. If that isn't making them sex objects, then I don't know what is.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
Lion, prishe, lilysette, now that new princess leia kiddo, why do they keep addinG jailbaits to storyline...

But me likes!
Its only jailbait if you are always looking at female characters as sex objects >.>
Seriously tho, its a game made in japan where in their culture youth is worshipped, so characters are always going to skew on the extremely young side - thought people would know this and be over it by now.

Oh and the expansion trailer shows there is froggies to kill - woot! (i think poroggo/squib are cute)
They sell used teen panties in vending machines there. If that isn't making them sex objects, then I don't know what is.

Jp nationals are perverted, but that is hard to believe. I'm calling bs
By duos 2013-03-14 15:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You would have thought its a sega game from the shitty graphics of ffxi (in the trailer) . Its 2013 for gods sake
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-03-14 15:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

duos said: »
You would have thought its a sega game from the shitty graphics of ffxi (in the trailer) . Its 2013 for gods sake

Yeah. They really should have tightened up the graphics in level 3.

For what it's worth I think it looks pretty incredible for a game of it's age.
By Artemicion 2013-03-14 15:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

News flash! Drastic graphic improvements typically cannot be made outside of re-coding the entire game with a completely different engine other than minor directx features, which thus, would make it a completely different game altogether, requiring a completely separate set of files, install, etc.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-14 15:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol bitching about GFX in a 10 year old game.

GTFO it isnt even that bad.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-03-14 15:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really was able to really say why this game looked so dated to me but I finally figured it out.

Its just hard for the game to really show any emotion or expression. Facial features don't change or anything.

yes, I know, getting no jobs and armor is always exciting,just for me personally, and I very well may be the only one that feels this way, there just doesnt feel like anything new or exciting to draw me back in.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-14 16:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It just makes you look stupid bitching about how bad the game looks.

If you don't like it play something else. It's really that simple.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-14 16:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like playing FFVII and complaing that Clouds arms are cubes thus being unable to appreciate the cutscenes of omgAerith dying.

Even WoW, the patron saint of MMOs has dated graphics and unrealistic visuals. The gfx doesnt make the game, SE has already experimented with facial details in WotG CS and overall it isnt that big a deal as gameplay and ***to do.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-14 16:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Its like playing FFVII and complaing that Clouds arms are cubes thus being unable to appreciate the cutscenes of omgAerith dying.

Even WoW, the patron saint of MMOs has dated graphics and unrealistic visuals. The gfx doesnt make the game, SE has already experimented with facial details in WotG CS and overall it isnt that big a deal as gameplay and ***to do.

This is true. Lilisette actually showed a lot of emotion during WotG.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-14 16:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to say, they made a huge step forward with WoTG and animating the characters expressions, faces, and movements.

I'm expecting similar quality, if not better, for Adoulin.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-14 16:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this time it wont be 3 years to finish the xpack lol.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-14 16:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't rush it out, but I don't think it will be as long as WoTG.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-14 16:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Phoenix.Morier said: »

But me likes!

Jp nationals are perverted, but that is hard to believe. I'm calling bs
BS you say?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2013-03-14 16:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I believe this was the stream from today.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-03-14 16:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how Baird actually bothers wearing legit gear, while Asako just wears random ***.
[+]
By Althyk 2013-03-14 16:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No Gear Swap?!
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-14 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I like how Baird actually bothers wearing legit gear, while Asako just wears random ***.

I like how Asako used Chocobo Jig while engaged with the shark.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-14 16:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I was going to say, they made a huge step forward with WoTG and animating the characters expressions, faces, and movements.

I'm expecting similar quality, if not better, for Adoulin.

Now if only our Player characters would show the same during emotes and story line parts ^^;

I always feel like my character is ruining the moment with my Kristen Stewart face.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-14 16:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

You're absolutely correct, this game looks terrible.

(1920x1080)

how do you even set that? Or is that only available on windower? I don't even see 1920x1080 as an option on the config menu >_<. Maybe I'm blind.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-14 16:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

You're absolutely correct, this game looks terrible.

(1920x1080)

how do you even set that? Or is that only available on windower? I don't even see 1920x1080 as an option on the config menu >_<. Maybe I'm blind.
You don't actually need windower I don't think but you had to fix the size in the registry, at least before anyway. I haven't messed with the default settings for POL in years. I want to say they have that setting now so long as your OS supports that size.

Edit: Note that if your native resolution is less than that (you're on an old monitor or a laptop or something) you can set it but it may not look good. You should always set your base resolution to the size of your screen(if you want it full screen anyway) and then if you want to make it look good, super sample by doubling the numbers in the background resolution. Windower 4 has that option as a simple on off switch now.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29