[Dev] Seekers Of Adoulin (Mar 13)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
[Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-12-26 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah. Well I'll just remind you that you don't have the mental capacity to construct the abstract concepts necessary to properly and effectively troll.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-26 16:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why people still don't realize that guy just trolls whenever he posts?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-12-26 16:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He must go to clothing stores and think to himself "EVERYTHING HERE IS THE *** SAME!!!"
[+]
By Latifah 2012-12-26 16:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Ah. Well I'll just remind you that you don't have the mental capacity to construct the abstract concepts necessary to properly and effectively troll.
It actually worked out, or else you would not respond. You're just contradicting yourself
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-12-26 16:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Response to stimuli isn't an indication of effectiveness.

Now, some people did respond, and they are more dumb than you. Being smarter than someone is also not an indication of being smart. At some point, a crab might escape the bucket.
By Latifah 2012-12-26 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The only afs that looks different on this game are bst,pup and sch,dnc. the rest is just crap /reskin work. this game will not have any further success if they keep supporting the ps2 version. same might go for ff14.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-12-26 16:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you suggesting it was designed using existing geometry and models to create the effect they wanted to prevent having to work from the ground up?

The horror!
[+]
By Latifah 2012-12-26 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is dead. scary how servers barely reaches 1k subs, screams for a merge. they don't even bother to update it frequently like most mmos do. They just throw bones to hardcore ffxi fans every 4 or 5 months later, that's why this game can't keep up with top mmos.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-26 17:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
Game is dead. scary how servers barely reaches 1k subs, screams for a merge. they don't even bother to update it frequently like most mmos do. They just throw bones to hardcore ffxi fans every 4 or 5 months later, that's why this game can't keep up with top mmos.

That all sounds awful, now do everyone a favor and go the *** away.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-12-26 17:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-26 17:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It never ceases to amaze me how people who don't even play the game hang around these forums for years bitching about it.

If the top MMOs are so much better, go bother the people who play them. Some people still enjoy playing FFXI, don't feel the need to *** about it constantly, and are looking forward to the new expansion.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-26 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

Yeah, totally. If a random, unspecified number created by a random dude on the internet (posting on a fansite for that game) isn't met, that must mean that no one enjoys it.

Seemed pretty excited about his Toci's, too. AND, last I knew, was playing something like four characters.

Is ffxi old and past its prime? Sure. It's also going on 13 years old. Kind of a "no ***" sort of statement, don't you think?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-26 17:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I'm sure our hopes are up too high, but I'm sure it won't be terrible.

I never understood why people are acting like this expansion is going to be some sort of amazing reviving of the game when historically their expansions usually have very little content on arrival.

Personally I'm more looking forward to the fact that they've promised a couple game mechanic revamps to coincide with the release of Adoulin, which isn't really expansion content per se.

TOAU had the most new content on arrival, and that was what, like 5 missions (which were actually just cutscenes), 5 assaults and besieged?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-26 17:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care whether or not the expansions double the server populations. I am excited cause I care, screw everyone else.
[+]
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2012-12-26 17:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
It never ceases to amaze me how people who don't even play the game hang around these forums for years bitching about it.

If the top MMOs are so much better, go bother the people who play them. Some people still enjoy playing FFXI, don't feel the need to *** about it constantly, and are looking forward to the new expansion.
This so much!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2012-12-26 17:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
TOAU had the most new content on arrival, and that was what, like 5 missions (which were actually just cutscenes), 5 assaults and besieged?

What about the 20+ quests, new mobs, new zones, new jobs, new equipment.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-26 17:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

New jobs and especially new zones are nice yeah, but the quests were mostly just filler ones to get maps (Aside from the Serpent Generals questline did TOAU actually have any interesting quests that existed for their own sake?), and new equipment comes out all the time (I'm not sure how that counts as "content", as in stuff to do). The really juicy stuff like Missions that actually mattered, Salvage and ZNM didn't come until several months after release. Assaults were trickled into the game bit by bit.

I'm not trying to be down on the new expansion, I just think people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I also really hope they don't take 3 freaking years to finish the story this time.
By Kimble2013 2012-12-26 17:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cop, ToAU and Wotg all took like at least a year to finish their story lines.

You will likely see some people come back for the expansion, then quickly desub again unless they is actually meaningful things to do.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-12-26 18:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Cop, ToAU and Wotg all took like at least a year to finish their story lines.

You will likely see some people come back for the expansion, then quickly desub again unless they is actually meaningful things to do.
WoTG took 4 years I think
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-26 18:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trying to be down on the new expansion, I just think people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

So instead of getting excited they should do what, get pessimistic and not be happy at all? Gimmie a break, main reason I don't even read these threads much bunch of doomsday prophets and negative nancy's lol. I think most of the people playing this game for however many years know what to expect, not like we can change anything. Hopefully FFXIV flops and we'll get the attention.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-26 18:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It took 3 years start to finish, released 11/22/07 and I think the final patch was in December 2010 or something.

Quote:
So instead of getting excited they should do what, get pessimistic and not be happy at all? Gimmie a break, main reason I don't even read these threads much bunch of doomsday prophets and negative nancy's lol. I think most of the people playing this game for however many years know what to expect, not like we can change anything. Hopefully FFXIV flops and we'll get the attention.

I'm just saying people should be excited but keep their expectations realistic because that makes more sense. You say people know what to expect but I fully expect people 3 months from now to be posting and complaining about how there's nothing to do in the new areas and how it's a big disappointment yadda yadda yadda. It's like with WOTG- people complained most of the areas were recycled. Well, yeah. It's a time travel story. Shouldn't you have expected that?

It's not going to "revive" a game that's over a decade old, when's the last time you, as a gamer in general, gave a ***about Everquest getting another expansion, for example?
By Kimble2013 2012-12-26 18:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, I wouldn't hope XIV flops since SE isn't doing so hot financially.

XIV flopping could just cause SE to get out of the MMO market all together.

And being negative and being a realist are two different things.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-26 18:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV flops? Better shut down FFXI.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-26 18:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt that unless you mean creating new MMO's. They already have FFXI as one that is successful and still brings in revenue. Then they also have other MMO's (which I'm not sure of their standing) in Wakfu and that Dragon Quest one coming out. I doubt it will impact them that much that they will go bankrupt.

Quote:
And being negative and being a realist are two different things.

Like I already said, most people playing this game for any extended period of time know what to expect. I'm sure they can survive just fine if they get a little excited, do you ever get excited about anything?
By Kimble2013 2012-12-26 18:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Its foolish to think that if XIV flops they are going to turn around and ramp up support for XI. Its an old game, can't really argue that. Maybe they won't close it down, but if something like Dragon Quest takes off, why would they just support that instead?

Not sure what getting excited has to do with anything.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-26 18:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Its foolish to think that if XIV flops they are going to turn around and ramp up support for XI.

Actually that's not too far-fetched since I'm sure that's why Adoulin exists at all.

By "support" it'll just mean thinking of new ways to nickel and dime us though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-26 18:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully expect people 3 months from now to be posting and complaining about how there's nothing to do in the new areas and how it's a big disappointment yadda yadda yadda.

Death, taxes, and this.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-26 18:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »

Not sure what getting excited has to do with anything.

The fact that you have people in this thread getting exciting and you "realists" coming in trying to ***all over them perhaps. What purpose does it serve to post "ugh its gonna take them a year to finish, DONT GET EXCITED!" At least people getting excited is a positive thing.

Quote:
It's not going to "revive" a game that's over a decade old, when's the last time you, as a gamer in general, gave a ***about Everquest getting another expansion, for example?

It's going to bring people back who quit obviously. I already know of quite a few people who are going to resub for the expansion. If it sucks they will just resub again once it gets better. Point is, it will bring some life back into the game similar to how Abyssea did it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29