[Dev] Seekers Of Adoulin (Mar 13)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
[Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29
By Enuyasha 2013-03-19 14:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We're sorry but FINAL FANTASY XI: Musicbox Adventures is currently out of stock. Please return to the Shopping Cart and remove the product to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

but i cant remove musicbox adventures...

also: how can you be out of stock on a music digital download?
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-19 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Do we know what the shirt from the collectors edition does yet? didn't the details glancing through the thread, sorry if I just missed it.

it's out there..something like level 30 and below: acc+50 magic acc+50 ranged acc+50, it dispenses crystals, and lets you eat gyshal greens or some ***. and apprentice and lower craft rank it helps with skill up rate i think.
[+]
 Valefor.Wingdude
Server: Valefor
user: Wingman
By Valefor.Wingdude 2013-03-19 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Quote:
We're sorry but FINAL FANTASY XI: Musicbox Adventures is currently out of stock. Please return to the Shopping Cart and remove the product to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

but i cant remove musicbox adventures...

also: how can you be out of stock on a music digital download?

Having the same issue....
 Asura.Wilmakitty
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wilmakitty 2013-03-19 23:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went to try and pre-order and it has the pc versions promo'd at half price but still giving same out of stock issue with music....
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-03-20 04:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In either case I'm glad I could cancel my preorder from the very same site that I made on February 4th. I was originally going to pay $60+tax for two STANDARD freaking editions because I didn't care enough to pay for the 2 chocobo shirts (Which was 20$ MORE aka $80.00).

But now your going to try and tell me two ULTIMATE collections for $40+tax WITH some sort of music soundtrack + 2 chocobo hats + 2 shirts?

Really irritated that you can't currently make the order due to the music soundtrack being out of stock, but either way I'm getting two ultimate editions for $19.99 each, whether it be by restock/fix of the website or if I have to call their support line and complain.

I can understand this happening AFTER the release of the expansion but why in the ***would they do this before and to people who per-ordered a long long time ago....

Obligatory inb4 "No wonder Square Enix is slowly collapsing on the stock market and losing their *** left and right".
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-03-20 10:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just opened a ticket with SESupport (like it'll really do any good). Wouldn't doubt I'll get fed the "you need to address this issue with digitalriver blahblahblah" even though it's SQUARE's product on SQUARE's site affecting SQUARE's money.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-20 10:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only SE could make giving them money so tedious.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-03-20 11:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
duos said: »
You would have thought its a sega game from the shitty graphics of ffxi (in the trailer) . Its 2013 for gods sake

News flash! Drastic graphic improvements typically cannot be made outside of re-coding the entire game with a completely different engine other than minor directx features, which thus, would make it a completely different game altogether, requiring a completely separate set of files, install, etc.

new higher resolutions texture and more polygons per model would not necessarily require a new engine. and would be a good start to improve game graphics.
also these changes would have no effect on server load and have no issues with "ps2 limitations".
By Artemicion 2013-03-20 11:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
duos said: »
You would have thought its a sega game from the shitty graphics of ffxi (in the trailer) . Its 2013 for gods sake

News flash! Drastic graphic improvements typically cannot be made outside of re-coding the entire game with a completely different engine other than minor directx features, which thus, would make it a completely different game altogether, requiring a completely separate set of files, install, etc.

new higher resolutions texture and more polygons per model would not necessarily require a new engine. and would be a good start to improve game graphics.
also these changes would have no effect on server load and have no issues with "ps2 limitations".

Sure, you could subsequently release texture packages, but based on the asinine context of the quoted post, it sounded as though they were expecting a completely different game altogether.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-03-20 11:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, you could subsequently release texture packages, but based on the asinine context of the quoted post, it sounded as though they were expecting a completely different game altogether.

its never gonna be 2013 graphics or even 2010 graphics without a major overhaul of the engine for sure.
and in my opinion if they did it might even loose the feel of the game.
but omg the low resolutions texture is annoying me.

but hen again with their engine beeing so weird and glitchy about performance it might not even bee viable to run it in a "HD" version. its amazing a game that old still runs like crap on a newer pc.
By Quiznor 2013-03-20 11:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

its never gonna be 2013 graphics or even 2010 graphics without a major overhaul of the engine for sure.
and in my opinion if they did it might even loose the feel of the game.
but omg the low resolutions texture is annoying me.

but hen again with their engine beeing so weird and glitchy about performance it might not even bee viable to run it in a "HD" version. its amazing a game that old still runs like crap on a newer pc.

You're always welcome to not play it if its that bad to you
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-03-20 19:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, got the "Please take this issue up with DigitalRiver" form letter. SE, little tip, if the problem is THIS rampant, YOU should be the one contacting DigitalRiver saying "Hey what's up here guys?" Amazon, here I come.
 Siren.Aurou
user: Aurou
By Siren.Aurou 2013-03-20 19:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to complete my order just a few minutes ago. Music and all.
By Kimble2013 2013-03-20 19:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh DigitalRiver is handling this? yeah they *** everything up,

wait...when did they start to censor cuss words?
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2013-03-20 20:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Oh DigitalRiver is handling this? yeah they *** everything up,

wait...when did they start to censor cuss words?
Not censored for me, and I couldn't agree more; I just hope for people who did order they have nothing to do with the downloads XD
By Enuyasha 2013-03-20 21:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

and Musicbox Adventures is gone from the invoice altogether.

Although i was diggin' that price cut...i presumed it was going to be for the difficulties with Musicbox but nope :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-22 13:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

03-22-2013 10:53 AM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

To All Pioneering Adventurers!!

Hello, it's Matsui.

We're finally down to less than a week left until the release of "Seekers of Adoulin" and we're also in the very last stages of development work (the development team is now mainly working to take corrective actions on defects spotted by the QA team).

I have a few things I want to communicate to you, so I'm writing this post to discuss this development work.
First, let's discuss story-related mission and quests.

• Mission/Quest-Related
    We've received a lot of feedback over the past few years from players who are interested in more detailed story-related quests and new lore. Our team has been striving to develop Adoulin to satisfy these wishes (we actually have a huge set of documents about the new world).

Because of the tremendous amount of translation work that is required, there have been some quests that were, sadly, postponed from this version update. That said, there will still be plenty of quests to take on.

After the release of the version update, we will continue to add to the main story regularly, along with new quests that match the pacing of the story. As the world opens up, we will continue to add new quests to go along with the changes.

Next, let's talk about "Seekers of Adoulin" from a level design perspective. Because the content, jobs, and equipment are all related, I'll explain what we're thinking about with all of these.

• Level Design for "Seekers of Adoulin"
    The content is designed for players who have already reached 99, so the equipment added will reflect this. By participating in current content and obtaining current equipment, a better level of performance can be achieved in the new higher difficulty content that will be added from which you can obtain even better equipment... the play cycle should be something like that.

In order to come up with a common measure for content and equipment we came up with a universal scale for comparison (sort of a virtual level that we're calling "content level") and we've developed guidelines for implementing content for the strength of monsters and equipment performance so that we can understand in a more objective way. Lastly, I want to be able to publically discuss the specific content level of content that we add. If adjustments need to be made, we will take care of them little by little.

For monsters, we also developed them based on the parameters and guidelines for content level as described above.
    For monster special attacks, we have minimized the range of damaging area of effect of techniques as well as negative status effects (with a few exceptions) which will be kept to a maximum of about 60 seconds in duration. Additionally, some negative status effects for which recovery is difficult (i.e. Amnesia) will be of an even further shortened duration.
    As the new jobs will increase the total by another two, it will become increasingly difficult to tweak jobs in such a way that all jobs can deal damage in the same way to any enemy or to adjust content so that all jobs can handle the same content with the same strategies. These aren't suitable adjustments for a game with 22 different classes.

Ultimately, job adjustments will have to be handled by adjusting the new content. For example, if all enemies are strong against magic, mage roles will die off.

For group content to be implemented, we will pay close attention to be sure that it is open to all jobs, and we will continue to share information regarding content implementation. While I'm aware that there is a need to look at individual jobs for adjustments, tweaking the parameters of individual jobs is not enough, and this must be coordinated with content adjustments as well.

This post has become a lot longer than I initially intended, so if you're getting tired while reading this, take this moment to catch your breath.

Now then, let's talk about content from "Seekers of Adoulin"

• "Seekers of Adoulin"-related Content
    For battle-related content, the first ones to be introduced will be regional battles called "Reive" along with other battle content called "Skirmish."

• About "Reive"
      Reive content is intended to open up the world for exploration. You may be engaged with monsters blocking colonization progress, in battles to remove obstacles within the world; the idea is to increase the overall colonization rate of the world.

As the colonization rate increases, area progression will become easier, and there will be a variety of other material benefits that you can collect.

As a benefit to participating, individual players will receive points called [[insert official term here]], which can be redeemed for equipment.

• About Skirmish
      Skirmish is a higher difficulty content that was introduced the other day on our YouTube live stream. For the first version update, we have prepared two types of Skirmish battles. These are certainly not intended to be low difficulty in any way, but the rewards we've prepared will be worth it for those who have the confidence to take on the challenge.

Both of these will be added when the expansion is released. Additionally, we are actively developing more content to be added for Skirmish, and we plan to add to this in every version update.

• About the Mog Garden [[JP, Mog Resort for English I guess]]
    At Vana'Fest, we talked about this content to be added. It seems that many players expected that the content would be available at the time of release. The Mog Garden was scheduled to be released slightly later in the development of Adoulin content.

There have been a lot of uncertainties, and it has taken more time than expected to verify the contents, but, as we originally planned, Fujito is working hard so that this content can be delivered to you this summer. (There will be a separate comment from Fujito, so stay tuned for that.)

Lastly, let's talk about some other content, which I'll generally describe below to hopefully get you interested.

• Play-as-a-Monster
    Play-as-a-Monster and Seekers of Adoulin were originally discussed on different time schedules, and in order to match the new player growth curve that will be created with "Seekers of Adoulin," we have slowed down the implementation work on this.

As we continue to work through Seekers of Adoulin, we will also work on technical hurdles for this, and we plan to showcase the new system on the test server.

• Storage (from furniture)
    We are working to make furniture storage available at all rental mog houses. Depending on the verification of the changes, we hope to implement this in the spring or summer.

• Expansion of Area for Party Invitations
    We also expect to add this in the spring or summer. This is planned to be added at the same time that we enhance the Chocobo Circuit to support party recruitment and the "/yell" feature.

• Fishing
    The adjustments to the fishing system are planned to be implemented this summer or autumn. We are planning to conduct a test of the changes on the test server, and we hope that you'll participate at that time.

• Synergy and Evoliths
    While adjustments to this are a little further off, I think we need to take a look at this to see what we can do to renovate the system and add some value to it. Once we're at a stage where we can discuss what we have planned, we'll let you all know.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-22 13:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4ing the naysayers: I'm perfectly ok with this. I'd rather have more things to look forward to even after the expansion is out then get everything at the same time.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-22 13:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Storage (from furniture)
We are working to make furniture storage available at all rental mog houses. Depending on the verification of the changes, we hope to implement this in the spring or summer.

Expansion of Area for Party Invitations
We also expect to add this in the spring or summer. This is planned to be added at the same time that we enhance the Chocobo Circuit to support party recruitment and the "/yell" feature.

OMGWTFBBWADADAAFSEAWA;A;!AFSESFAWEAWEAWFSFSEFSSTHEREISAGODDASFADWRQWRWSFRRE;A;!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-25 07:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have time to read through the entire thread atm so I appologize if I'm asking something that's been answered, but I ordered two copies (as did my wife) of the digital PC expansion version and we both received confirmation e-mails that tell us how to register the product with SE and the e-mail states to use the registration codes provided in the e-mail...

But there are no registration codes in the e-mail. At work atm, can't sort this out until later and knowing SE and their inane business partners and outdated business practices, anyone with an EST job is boned trying to get ahold of support.

Any insights here?
 Cerberus.Zephr
Server: Cerberus
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2013-03-25 07:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know where you ordered your copy, but I used Amazon's digital download thing and they told me that I would receive an automatic email with the registration codes on March 26 at 12:00AM, at which point the client would also be made available for download.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-25 07:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I don't have time to read through the entire thread atm so I appologize if I'm asking something that's been answered, but I ordered two copies (as did my wife) of the digital PC expansion version and we both received confirmation e-mails that tell us how to register the product with SE and the e-mail states to use the registration codes provided in the e-mail...

But there are no registration codes in the e-mail. At work atm, can't sort this out until later and knowing SE and their inane business partners and outdated business practices, anyone with an EST job is boned trying to get ahold of support.

Any insights here?

This occured to me as well when I read it. My only guess is that the game isn't available to register until tues/weds or whatever (when you can start the DL). I hope anyhow.

inb4 another "must change to clicknbuy" fiasco with half the playerbase losing their minds.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-25 07:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They sure made this more complicated than it should have been.
[+]
 Odin.Barthelby
Server: Odin
user: Barthelby
By Odin.Barthelby 2013-03-25 07:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I ordered 2 copies of the German client and confirmation mail tells that they send the activation keys on March 27. at 0:01
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-25 07:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I don't have time to read through the entire thread atm so I appologize if I'm asking something that's been answered, but I ordered two copies (as did my wife) of the digital PC expansion version and we both received confirmation e-mails that tell us how to register the product with SE and the e-mail states to use the registration codes provided in the e-mail... ... ... But there are no registration codes in the e-mail. At work atm, can't sort this out until later and knowing SE and their inane business partners and outdated business practices, anyone with an EST job is boned trying to get ahold of support. Any insights here?
This occured to me as well when I read it. My only guess is that the game isn't available to register until tues/weds or whatever (when you can start the DL). I hope anyhow. inb4 another "must change to clicknbuy" fiasco with half the playerbase losing their minds.

Huh. It's just odd because the e-mail actually suggests getting everythind done before the launch/download is available.

Whatever. We'll see, I guess.
By Krysten 2013-03-28 20:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Your not missing anything lol. Music box soundtrack was hella dumb just bunch of music box like you would opened up your granmothers... thumbs down lol.
By Blkninja 2013-03-28 20:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a torrent or some other type of download I can do to download this Expansion? I have the key registered.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29