Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-07 15:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Asura.Ivykyori said: »
...And 'Brava gets refresh. Man, I'm still sore about that.
Time to quit SCH and finish BLU. :3

Might have no choice--we're missing BLU procs in ls now.
Ow. That hurts. ;~;
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-07 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry D: We miss you like a diabetic misses chocolate!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-11-07 15:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG Jumps fo-evah.

I am really liking this, seems awfully broken though...
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2012-11-07 15:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No Kriss Kross jokes yet? I am disappoint.

New Sp ability does bonus damage if your Lancer's Cuissots are on backwards, etc. etc. ad nauseum...
 Lakshmi.Braxus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Braxus
By Lakshmi.Braxus 2012-11-07 16:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet. Does the DRG 2hr mean just "Jump" or would it include "High Jump" "Spirit Jump" and "Soul Jump" as well?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-11-07 16:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It said "Jumps", so I think we assumed that it mean the different tiers of Jumps. Though it could just mean "You can use the one job ability many times".
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-07 16:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much has to affect Spirit Jump since they share recast, but whether or not High/Soul Jump will be affected has not been clarified.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-07 16:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
It said "Jumps", so I think we assumed that it mean the different tiers of Jumps. Though it could just mean "You can use the one job ability many times".
It said Jump, not Jumps.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-07 16:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it'll be the original Jump only.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-07 16:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alls I know is, the new Unbridled Learning spells better be pretty awesome, 'cause almost every other job is getting their new SP tuned to be metric *** of awesome.

Of course I expect nothing. They've yet to prove that UL is a good idea, let alone one that deserves anticipation and to be the sole justification for a new SP ability that absolutely pales in comparison compared to the rest, promises of "IT'LL BE BETTER LATER GUYS" are difficult to swallow atm.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-07 16:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt this DRG update ends up remaining as it is now.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-11-07 16:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad it's only jump.
Spamming super jump to avoid a full Chainspell <3
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-11-07 16:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ryu drgs are gonna be so gd broken lol
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-07 17:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet baby chocobo jesus at no recast on drg jumps. That can't be true.
If so i guess i'll get back on the Ryunohige bandwagon.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2012-11-07 17:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

so 90 emp bards will be able to do 4 songs every couple hours?
what about 99 emp bards? guess they're left out unless we can have 5 songs on at the same time in that update?
not that many 99 Daurdablas to worry about it?
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-11-07 17:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rizzspeed said: »
so 90 emp bards will be able to do 4 songs every couple hours?
what about 99 emp bards? guess they're left out unless we can have 5 songs on at the same time in that update?
not that many 99 Daurdablas to worry about it?

{{Addendum post: They are checking into whether the effect works correctly with Daurdabla to allow the application of five songs, it may not currently, but they will follow-up tomorrow.}}

was in the post
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-07 17:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They said they're going to fix it such that 99 Derpderpala allows 5 songs with BRD SP2.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2012-11-07 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

my apologies, i missed the part where it was said in the post.
i only just read the last one on the previous page.
Thanks for the responses.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-11-07 19:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
It said Jump, not Jumps.

Oops, I suck.

Well, that's a bummer. But since Jump and Spirit Jump timers are tied, I wonder how that will work? Even spamming Spirit Jump would be godly. Regular Jump is nice, but I'm not convinced that it would be too much of an improvement if the ability was limited to regular Jump.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-07 20:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Delay reduction cap for 492 delay weapons is 98.4 and you're more likely at ~105, so 60~90 delay depending on human error is still a net gain even after you account for the significance of weaponskill delay. The VIT mod would offer a small increase to per-hit damage along with any potential gear adjustments, and Ryunohige of course gets autocrit on Jump too.

How much of a net gain would you see? Depends on your ability to time your button mashing during those 30 seconds! I fully expect to see DRG xmls that automate jump/ws use during the new 2hr if it's implemented as-is.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-08 11:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

11-08-2012 8:08 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your opinions regarding yesterday's update. The thread has become long, but please take a look when you have the chance.

Bahamut.Zwel (JP Player, SakuraEbi) said: »
Let's not get excited just yet... is it just "Jump" or is it general jump abilities of DRG?

All jump abilities are considered.

Although it hasn't been implemented yet, we are considering these further adjustments to the new DRG SP ability:

• Extend Jump recast timers from 0 to 10 seconds.

• Extend ability duration from 30 to 45 seconds.
    ※ Upon activation of the ability, reset the recast of all jumps.

This change is intended to encourage the use of different types of jump ability, while timing them appropriately between WSes and normal attacks. While you will not be able to use the same jump repeatedly in succession, with the extension of the overall duration of the effect, the overall number of jumps that you can use should not be significantly lower.

Also, the plan is that in the future the recast can be further shortened via merit points.

※ Note that this week's test server update will include the new DRG SP as described yesterday with no recast on the jump timers.

Mocchi (JP Community Rep) said: »
Self-quoted stuff about the BRD SP's interaction with Daurdabla

Just following up from yesterday, we are currently working on verifying the assumption that the ability can be used with Daurdabla to yield up to five songs. Although it's a lot of work to get five songs up, we have no intention of impairing the benefits of added songs from Daurdabla. It's possible that we may make adjustments in the future on the assumption that the five songs land first. We can confirm this after the test server update this Friday.

Sylph.Nte (JP Player, Elemoi) said: »
I would like the new WHM SP, in addition to providing high status immunity, to also clear all status effects on targets upon use.

Benediction is already a powerful recovery effect which includes status treatment. We believe that we should segregate the preventive effect to a separate ability. Therefore, we are not planning to add a status removal effect comparable to Benediction.

Siren.Momama (JP Player, Acerola) said: »
I'm happy about these new SP abilities, but I don't want to get to excited until I know the duration...

For now, I can tell you the duration of the abilities that you can try out on the test server. Since this is a work in progress, these will be validated later on.

Job Time Duration
WAR 30 Seconds++
WHM 30 Seconds
BLM 60 Seconds
DRK 30 Seconds
BRD 180 Seconds
RNG 60 Seconds
SAM 45 Seconds
DRG 30 Seconds
SMN 30 Seconds
BLU 60 Seconds
PUP Mighty Strikes: 45 seconds
Invincible: 30 seconds
EES: No duration
Manafont: 60 seconds
Chainspell: 60 seconds
Benediction: No duration
DNC 30 Seconds /
or until 3 Flourishes are used
SCH No Duration

++Note that due to a bug, the WAR SP duration is currently 60 seconds on the test server.

After reviewing the information above, please provide us with feedback based on your experiences on the test server.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-08 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat 165 TP soul jump.
By Gameesh 2012-11-08 11:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to see a lot of feedback going to, and a lot of commentary coming back from, SE on these abilities. I'll keep a close eye on this topic for the (near) future.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-08 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the official post:

11-08-2012 01:21 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

We’ve noticed a couple pretty good questions floating around in various places, so I’d like to follow-up a bit about the new special abilities we introduced yesterday for bard and dragoon.

• Dragoon
    The big question on everyone’s mind is “does this new special ability remove the recast timer on Jump only or all jump abilities?”

This ability is still in-development, and the development team is currently looking into making the below adjustments:

• Recast time will be increased from 0 to 10 seconds.
    • Effect duration will be increased from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

HOWEVER! The ability will affect all jumps and when activating the special ability, any recast timers that are up for jumps will be reset. While it will no longer be possible to spam the same jump in succession with no delay in between, we feel that the adjusted effect will quite beneficial with the increase duration.

We are also planning to make it possible to reduce the recast time further via merit points in the future.

*This ability will be implemented on the Test Server this week with the effect that was announced yesterday, and will not reflect the above adjustments

• Bard
    There was a question as to whether it would be possible to have a total of 5 songs when using the new special ability with the level 99 Daurdabla.

While there is a possibility that adjustments are made in the future due to testing or other factors, the ability was designed to allow for a maximum of 5 songs when using the bonus granted from Daurdabla.

As we find out more about other new special abilities for jobs that have not been mentioned yet, we will be sure to share the information with you all.
Subscribe

They left out some information though.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-11-08 13:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a reasonable change to DRG. I don't think anyone thought that was going in as-is.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-08 13:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So they might change the jump timers from 0 secs to 10 but in return set the duration to 45 secs... I'm trying to figure out if that would actually be an overall loss or not. There is already JA delay to worry about and you also have to ws so 0 delay jumps is not 100% necessary to function but 10 seconds is a bit much. Now if jump timers had already been split, then we wouldn't have any issue since you could jump 4 times and ws twice in the 10 seconds but since you only get 2, it only takes about 3-4 seconds to jump twice and ws so you'd have to sit there for 6 seconds waiting for recast. Unless normal jump and high jump merits are applied AFTER this reduction to 10 seconds, and then we're golden. But depending on how much the new ability merits will reduce the timer, it could work out anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts as to the timing of this or read something different in to what they said?

Even if it ends up being a slight reduction, I think I'm okay with it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-08 13:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious how much we'll be able to reduce the recast during 2hr via merits. This is starting to sound like merit ws v2.

10 seconds still lets you jump>jump>ws every other cycle, possibly two out of three with multiattack luck. Ryunohige still makes out pretty well here, especially if the merited reduction cuts it down to six seconds or so.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-08 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE did say JAs with shared timers are getting seperated. Steal + despoil and the jumps are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-08 16:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Potentially very little difference between the two versions of the DRG 2hr, possibly even a buff.

With DRG SP MK.I, you could spam jump, but you'd still want to WS, which added delay on top of the already prominent JA delay that you'd be getting hit by.

Now, you can use better jumps and still WS plenty, if not more due to a potential increase in overall TP gain.

Overall, the longer duration and access to stronger speedy jumps will most likely see an increase in the effectiveness of this ability, especially if they split the recast times of Jump/Spirit Jump and High Jump/Soul Jump.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 10:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM is actually 60 sec instead of 30 sec, Mocchi corrected himself this morning.

I'll be updating my table as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 29 30 31