Link | Quote | Reply

What is day/weather bonus? Trying to do some QD stuffs :o
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-08 20:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

30~33% chance of increasing or reducing magic damage of the appropriate elements by 10%. 100% chance with a sea obi.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-02-08 20:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that for day or weather or are they both 10% each and possibly stack?
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-08 22:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

each and they do
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-08 23:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
If they're gonna nerf Miser's Roll/Save TP, they really should effing leave Gallant's as badass damage mitigation.

Leave us at least one exclusive awesome buff, dammit.

What? Cor has DA and Crit rate. Those are good :P

The problem of save TP nerf that I see is, it will decrease COR's dmg output even more than other DDs since COR is a spike WS dmg DD. It may put COR's dmg back to lv 75 era when it wasn't relevant outside of pink bird merit pt.

If COR is unable to contribute significant dmg itself, you may as well replace COR with another DD. The dmg contributed by COR has to be greater than another DD when added up with buffs.

This applies to pet roll for pet jobs(can replace it with another pet job), MAB roll for BLM(can replace it with another BLM), and defensive buffs(just replace it with a WHM if you need defense/magic defense)

It's already hard to bring COR to any event besides VW atm, after save TP nerf it will be even harder. I will no longer have a legit reason to bring COR to duo dyna currency farm =(
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-08 23:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

WF is still a very strong WS and other buffs we offer are still good. COR was good at 75 as well, just people were always "BRD + BRD ONRY!!" but that was mostly due to a lot of shitty CORs that didn't gear for DDing well.
By volkom 2012-02-08 23:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

support cor!
or cor pulling at bird camp wasting 100k+ on bullets/ninja tools/cards daily
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-08 23:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
If they're gonna nerf Miser's Roll/Save TP, they really should effing leave Gallant's as badass damage mitigation.

Leave us at least one exclusive awesome buff, dammit.

What? Cor has DA and Crit rate. Those are good :P

The problem of save TP nerf that I see is, it will decrease COR's dmg output even more than other DDs since COR is a spike WS dmg DD. It may put COR's dmg back to lv 75 era when it wasn't relevant outside of pink bird merit pt.

If COR is unable to contribute significant dmg itself, you may as well replace COR with another DD. The dmg contributed by COR has to be greater than another DD when added up with buffs.

This applies to pet roll for pet jobs(can replace it with another pet job), MAB roll for BLM(can replace it with another BLM), and defensive buffs(just replace it with a WHM if you need defense/magic defense)

It's already hard to bring COR to any event besides VW atm, after save TP nerf it will be even harder. I will no longer have a legit reason to bring COR to duo dyna currency farm =(

Or you can stop being lazy and shoot for tp? Cor bullets are much cheaper than RNG bullets, so if anyone should be complaining, it should be them.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-08 23:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
support cor!

I never really agreed with support COR. If you are going to play that way, just get on BRD.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-08 23:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Make use of dat aftermath.
By volkom 2012-02-08 23:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
support cor!

I never really agreed with support COR. If you are going to play that way, just get on BRD.

i only support cor every now and then since i completely stripped my cor when abyssea came out. I try to shoot tho~ but i don't like wasting money on bullets :S much more fun to shoot cards
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-08 23:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

much more fun to shoot cards

Immediately made me think of Gambit from X-Men lol
[+]
By volkom 2012-02-08 23:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

much more fun to shoot cards

Immediately made me think of Gambit from X-Men lol
Gambit is so uber
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-08 23:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

support cor!
I would macro in shitty bullets for pulling lol
By volkom 2012-02-08 23:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
support cor!
I would macro in shitty bullets for pulling lol
i use to do that too, but this was during the time when bronze bullets were like 15~25k a stack and iron bullets were like 50~60k/stack and finding someone to make them was a pain in the *** for me :S on top of that, having a ton of light cards to sleep, and ninja tools to not get hit, it was like... each pull was costing few hundred gil
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-08 23:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WF is still a very strong WS and other buffs we offer are still good. COR was good at 75 as well, just people were always "BRD + BRD ONRY!!" but that was mostly due to a lot of shitty CORs that didn't gear for DDing well.

COR suffered way too much on TP phrase from long delay of gun, bad selection of melee weapons and B rank skill(that means acc issue on anything worthwhile unless you eat sushi and gear for acc and gimp your dmg), that it's dmg is extremely low during TP phrase compare with real DDs, like WAR RNG DRK. It only worked as DD in pink bird merit pt at 75, since birds has low eva and weak against piercing, but any real EG event on anything worthwhile it's dmg is not even close to real DDs that played right.

All the TP and wings in VW recently made this job A LOT stronger than it used to be, and dmg getting more significant. Still doesn't beat elite well geared and buffed WAR RNG DRK, but certainly not as irrelevant as 75 era.

I'm afraid that after save TP nerf it will prolong the TP phrase, and that will reduce COR's dmg A LOT, even more than other DDs, since most of the dmg came from WS and TP phrase DPS is shitty.

WF is convenient for this job, and somehow fixed the issue, but it isn't solution to all the problem, since you still need TP to use it. If any of the newer NM they introduced has evasion like Ig-Alima, and resists fire, I don't even know how to deal dmg on it at all, since my shots won't land without sushi and eatting sushi or subbing RNG for acc gimps my WS dmg to a miserable point.

And it is more than just "that's because you didn't gear for DDing well".

Unless SE fixed the shitty B rank skill, or gives more offensive ability/gear, I can't say I'm happy with save TP nerf.

After save TP nerf I'm afraid a THF/DNC + BRD/DNC with best DD gear swinging Mandau singing 2x march 1 minuet will kill DC mobs in dyna faster than THF/DNC + COR/DNC swinging Qilin dagger doing attack+DA roll.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-09 00:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

Or you can stop being lazy and shoot for tp? Cor bullets are much cheaper than RNG bullets, so if anyone should be complaining, it should be them.

I always shoot for TP, but that's not the problem. COR shoots slower than RNG and it's less accurate, and it hurts A LOT on T6 high evasion NMs like Ig-A. In events like dyna currency farm you don't shoot. Melees will WS at much higher frequency with double march.

Save TP is like a gift for me from the heaven, that solved the problem and somewhat pushed COR into spot of a valid DD. Now they taking it away ;(
By volkom 2012-02-09 00:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I always shoot for TP, but that's not the problem.
cor needs hexa shots
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-09 00:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

cor needs hexa shots

If triple shot lasts for 5 min!
By volkom 2012-02-09 00:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

cor needs hexa shots

triple shot isn't hexa shots. Cor has hexaguns for a reason...and its not a fancy lamp post.

Come'on SE, make use of the lore!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-09 00:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, COR should never be in the same Damage tier as well geared DDs (SAM, MNK, WAR, DRK) because that would be way to broken. As long as they can give out good buffs and hold their own damage wise, they are fine really.
[+]
By volkom 2012-02-09 00:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, COR should never be in the same Damage tier as well geared DDs (SAM, MNK, WAR, DRK) because that would be way to broken. As long as they can give out good buffs and hold their own damage wise, they are fine really.
so are you saying that cor is classified as, a support damage utility job?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-09 00:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yes.
By volkom 2012-02-09 00:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yes.
then i'll be support cor and shoot bullets between buffs
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-09 00:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

cor needs hexa shots

triple shot isn't hexa shots. Cor has hexaguns for a reason...and its not a fancy lamp post.

I dunno. Serious cor's should have an Armageddon, and it looks pretty singe-barrel to me.

Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-09 00:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Say if a COR buff will make SAM WAR MNK DRK 20% stronger(I'm not sure the actual number), but COR itself can only do 50% of those DD does, then it's not worth a pt spot.

So if SAM WAR MNK DRK does 10000 dmg without buff, and 12000 dmg with buff,
DD DD COR doesn't beat DD DD DD

But if COR itself can do 80% of real DD, that will make COR worth a pt spot.

COR's dmg needs to reach certain amount and at least relevant, or else there are no reason to bring it over other jobs in an event, considering there are no other game changing buffs I can think of.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-09 00:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-09 00:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Say if a COR buff will make SAM WAR MNK DRK 20% stronger(I'm not sure the actual number), but COR itself can only do 50% of those DD does, then it's not worth a pt spot.

4 * 1.2 + 0.5 = 5.3 (with cor as you described)

5 * 1.0 = 5.0 (without cor as you described)

long story short, cor is still worth the party slot as you described it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-09 00:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

4 * 1.2 + 0.5 = 5.3 (with cor as you described)

5 * 1.0 = 5.0 (without cor as you described)

So if SAM WAR MNK DRK does 10000 dmg without buff, and 12000 dmg with buff,
DD DD COR doesn't beat DD DD DD
By volkom 2012-02-09 00:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

cor needs hexa shots

I dunno. Serious cor's should have a Armageddon Death Penalty
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7