user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-03 14:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

01-03-2012 02:28 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

It’s been quite some time since we announced that we would be revamping corsair’s Phantom Roll effects, but I have some additional information about the planned changes.

※Currently these features are in-development and testing and are subject to change.

• Phantom Roll Effect Changes

• Healer’s Roll
      Increased amount of MP recovered → Increases potency of cures received
      Roll Value Effect Value
      1 +5%
      2 +6%
      3 +15%
      4 +7%
      5 +8%
      6 +9%
      7 +2%
      8 +10%
      9 +11%
      10 +12%
      11 +20%
      Bust -5%
      Bonus +5%

• Gallant’s Roll
      Damage reflection → Damage reduction
      Roll Value Effect Value
      1 -6
      2 -8
      3 -24
      4 -9
      5 -11
      6 -12
      7 -3
      8 -15
      9 -17
      10 -18
      11 -30
      Bust +5
      Bonus -5

• Phantom Roll Effect Value Adjustments

• Warlock’s Roll (Enhanced magic accuracy)
      Roll Value Old Effect Value New Effect Value
      1 +2 +2
      2 +3 +3
      3 +4 +4
      4 +10 +12
      5 +4 +5
      6 +5 +6
      7 +6 +7
      8 +1 +1
      9 +7 +8
      10 +7 +9
      11 +12 +15
      Bust -4 -5
      Bonus +4 +5

• Beast Roll (Enhanced pet attacks)
      1 +12 +16
      2 +15 +20
      3 +18 +24
      4 +48 +64
      5 +21 +28
      6 +24 +32
      7 +30 +40
      8 +6 +8
      9 +33 +44
      10 +36 +48
      11 +60 +80
      Bust -20 -25
      Bonus +20 +25

• Choral Roll (Decreased spell interruption rate)
      1 -11 -13
      2 -43 -55
      3 -14 -17
      4 -16 -20
      5 -19 -25
      6 -5 -8
      7 -22 -30
      8 -27 -35
      9 -30 -40
      10 -32 -45
      11 -54 -65
      Bust +20 +25
      Bonus -20 -25

• Drachen Roll (Enhanced pet magic attack and magic accuracy)
      1 +4 +4
      2 +5 +5
      3 +14 +18
      4 +5 +7
      5 +6 +9
      6 +7 +10
      7 +2 +2
      8 +9 +11
      9 +10 +13
      10 +11 +15
      11 +18 +22
      Bust -6 -8
      Bonus +6 +8

• Dancer’s Roll (Regen)
      1 +3 +3
      2 +4 +4
      3 +11 +12
      4 +4 +5
      5 +5 +6
      6 +6 +7
      7 +1 +1
      8 +7 +8
      9 +8 +9
      10 +8 +10
      11 +14 +16
      Bust -3 -4
      Bonus +3 +4

• ※We are making adjustments to make the amounts larger for high numbers and lucky numbers.
    ※We are also planning on increasing the bonus associated with having a Roll's main job in the party.

As long as there are no major development/testing problems, we are planning to introduce these changes on the test server middle or late January.

As usual, please let us know your feedback!
Subscribe

01-05-2012 02:06 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

Odin.Mirabelle said:
One question about the new Gallant's roll. Are the values a flat amount of -DT (like phalanx) or a percentage (like -DT gear)?
The damage reduction from Gallant's Roll is not a percentage, the reduction value is the number itself. (Maximum 30 damage)
In case you didn't know, you can stack this with Phalanx making it possible to increase the amount of damage reduced.

In regards to those of you asking about a third roll, we haven't solidified a specific adjustment timing so I don't have any new information for you guys at the moment. But when I do, you bet I'll be giving you guys an update!
Subscribe

01-11-2012 05:54 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings all

I have some additional info on corsair adjustments based on some questions from the Japanese forum to share with you all.

Quote:
Though Drachen Roll gives magic attack bonus to pets, this does not affect wyvern’s attack breath, and in the case of battles that are dependent on a pet’s magic attack, a dragoon will not be in the party for the bonus.
In order to allow for better use of the job bonuses, we are currently looking into swapping the stats on Drachen Roll and Puppet Roll. We are making preparations so that this can be implemented onto the test server along with the other roll adjustments.

[Pre-adjustment]
Drachen Roll: Enhances pet magic attack and magic accuracy
Puppet Roll: Enhances pet accuracy

[Post-adjustment]
Drachen Roll: Enhances pet accuracy
Puppet Roll: Enhances pet magic attack and magic accuracy

Quote:
Would it be possible to edit the effect of Blitzer’s Roll?
Currently, if you cast Blitzer’s Roll, the amount of TP gained is reduced and if attackers use store TP it’s not really possible to get the full benefit. Could you edit this so that the effect does not affect TP gain and reduces attack delay like Haste and March?
The effect of Blitzer’s Roll is the same as Martial Arts as it reduces the attack duration, so the amount of TP gained is affected. We do not plan on changing the effect to make it similar to Haste/March as these spells have an influence on magic.

Quote:
Can you make it possible to cast rolls on a single party member? It could have a 15 second recast and no Double-up possibility. If we had this, it would make it possible to use all of the hard to use pet rolls, etc. It would also be possible to put the new Gallant’s Roll on the tank only.
In regards to single target rolls, I will address this and the concept of corsair as a set.

Corsairs have the ability to support party members with their rolls similar to bards; however, while bards spend most of their time during battle supporting party members with songs, corsairs don’t spend the same amount of time on support and were made to have a surplus of time so they can attack. This is why the effect duration and recast time on rolls have been set to be longer than songs.

While it is definitely possible to look into single target effects in order to effectively use rolls, the functionality of corsair would most likely be largely changed due to the increased frequency of roll usage, so we would like to continue to look into this while carefully considering whether it is really appropriate for the corsair style that we envisioned.

Quote:
The enhanced cure potency for cures received is good with waltzes too, right?
Unfortunately the effect from Healer’s Roll will not enhance the potency of waltzes.
While they are similar effects, the stats are separate and this is the roll for white mages.
Subscribe

01-18-2012 04:39 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Dearest corsairs,

Just wanted to deliver some feedback that was being discussed on the Japanese forums in regards to Quick Draw and Rolls.

Quote:
Personally, I would like to focus on Phantom Roll + Quick Draw + Weapon Skills.
(With the current system for Phantom Roll)
What is currently severely lacking is the number of charges for Quick Draw.
I would like this adjusted so that it would be possible to pull off something like the following rotation: Roll→2 Draws → Roll → 2 Draws…→Weapon Skill → Roll…
As such, I would like the number of charges for Quick Draw to be increased to about 6.
Increasing the number of charges will lead to an increase in damage dealt over the same time span, so this is something we have to look into very carefully.

Since Quick Draw is an ability, it can be used quickly and there is not much down time, which means that it is more convenient than ranged attacks and it is possible to deal as much damage as a weapon skill, based on how it is used. If the number of charges is simply increased, corsairs would have more attacking power than rangers.

If we do end up increasing the number of charges, we would have to nerf its effects to maintain balance. Whether or not it would be worth nerfing the effects to increase the number of charges is an issue that we are investigating with the help of your feedback.

In addition, we plan on adding enfeebling effects to Quick Draw in the enfeebling spell adjustments we have planned, so please look forward to these changes as well.
Subscribe

01-19-2012 03:30 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1069] Corsair Job Adjustments

*This content is currently in development and may differ in the release version.

• Phantom Roll Effect Adjustments

• Healer's Roll
      Increases the amount of MP recovered while healing -> Enhances potency of "Cure" effect received
      Roll Effect Value
      1 +3%
      2 +4%
      3 +12%
      4 +5%
      5 +6%
      6 +7%
      7 +1%
      8 +8%
      9 +9%
      10 +10%
      11 +16%
      Bust -4%
      Bonus +4%

• Gallant's Roll
      Grants a damage reflection effect -> Reduces damage taken
      Roll Effect Value
      1 -6
      2 -8
      3 -24
      4 -9
      5 -11
      6 -12
      7 -3
      8 -15
      9 -17
      10 -18
      11 -30
      Bust +5
      Bonus -5

• Drachen Roll
      Enhances magic attack and magic accuracy -> Enhances pet accuracy
      This roll is now learnable at level 23 instead of level 52.
      Roll Effect Value
      1 +10
      2 +13
      3 +15
      4 +40
      5 +18
      6 +20
      7 +25
      8 +5
      9 +28
      10 +30
      11 +50
      Bust -15
      Bonus +15

• Puppet's Roll
      Enhances pet accuracy -> Enhances magic attack and magic accuracy
      This roll is now learnable at level 52 instead of level 23.
      Roll Effect Value
      1 +4
      2 +5
      3 +18
      4 +7
      5 +9
      6 +10
      7 +2
      8 +11
      9 +13
      10 +15
      11 +22
      Bust -8
      Bonus +8

• Phantom Roll Effect Adjustments

• Warlock's Roll (Enhances magic accuracy)
      Roll Current Effect Value New Effect Value
      1 +2 +2
      2 +3 +3
      3 +4 +4
      4 +10 +12
      5 +4 +5
      6 +5 +6
      7 +6 +7
      8 +1 +1
      9 +7 +8
      10 +7 +9
      11 +12 +15
      Bust -4 -5
      Bonus +4 +5

• Beast Roll (Enhances pet attacks)
      1 +12 +16
      2 +15 +20
      3 +18 +24
      4 +48 +64
      5 +21 +28
      6 +24 +32
      7 +30 +40
      8 +6 +8
      9 +33 +44
      10 +36 +48
      11 +60 +80
      Bust -20 -25
      Bonus +20 +25

• Choral Roll (Decreases spell interruption rate)
      1 -11 -13
      2 -43 -55
      3 -14 -17
      4 -16 -20
      5 -19 -25
      6 -5 -8
      7 -22 -30
      8 -27 -35
      9 -30 -40
      10 -32 -45
      11 -54 -65
      Bust +20 +25
      Bonus -20 -25

• Dancer's Roll (Grants a Regen effect)
      1 +3 +3
      2 +4 +4
      3 +11 +12
      4 +4 +5
      5 +5 +6
      6 +6 +7
      7 +1 +1
      8 +7 +8
      9 +8 +9
      10 +8 +10
      11 +14 +16
      Bust -3 -4
      Bonus +3 +4

Subscribe

02-02-2012 04:30 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

As a result of the development team’s investigation as well as feedback we received, we will be once again changing the effect of Gallant’s Roll from “damage reduction” to “increased defense.”

This roll’s defense increase effect will increase a character’s defense by a percentage, so characters with already high defense will benefit largely from this.

As a different idea we looked into “physical damage reduction,” but the effect itself increased by a percentage, which made it not possible to make the effect values very large thus creating the concern that the roll itself wouldn’t be too useful. Paladin’s who have a wealth of damage reduction gear would cap out too easily and attackers/back-line jobs would become disproportionate by having this along with other high defense stats, so we determined this to be an unrealistic route.
Subscribe

02-08-2012 05:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

There have been some comments from players mentioning that they don’t see the point of defense as a stat, so I’d like to go into some detail on it.

As defense increases over an enemy’s attack power, the amount of damage reduced gradually tapers off. If the enemy you are fighting is lower level and your defense is way higher, it becomes more difficult to gain large benefits even if you increase your defense.

In instances where your defense is reduced via an enemy action, where your character’s defense would normally be higher than an enemy’s attack power, and the gap between the two is narrowed, the amount of damage being reduced will start to vary largely. This shows that you’ll take more damage when your defense is lowered, giving meaning to the value of your defense.

Another easy way of feeling the effects of defense is to face off against an even match enemy and compare the damage received with your armor equipped and off.

Since the effects of defense increase as defense is stacked, the benefits are by no means small, so it would be really helpful if we could receive feedback with this in mind.

For reference, Mocchi provided some test data.

Setup

• Compared physical damage taken between the following situations when fighting warrior-type monsters that were 15 levels higher than the level 99 PLD/WAR (defense 460) used for testing.

Naked/with Defender active/with Defender active + food effects (black curry bun)

Results

• Naked (Defense 460): 245 damage

• Defender (Defense 575): 216 damage

• Defender + food (Defense 663): 197 damage

Depending on the situation, the numbers may not be the same, but this is simply intended to serve as reference.
Subscribe

As you might notice I now have a subscribe button on my new template. It is an RSS Feed of the updates posted on this site. Enjoy <3
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-01-03 14:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is there something wrong with the dev tracker on the official site? i didnt see the drg or the cor posts there, still got the holiday posts from the community reps on the top.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-01-03 14:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kalilla! Finally a use for Gallant's Roll. Too bad Cor's will be put in tanking parties in VW now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-03 14:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
Thanks Kalilla! Finally a use for Gallant's Roll. Too bad Cor's will be put in tanking parties in VW now.
*** that. Tanks could tank before and will tank now as well. I'm staying with the DDs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-01-03 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad we'll still want Miser's and Tactician's.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-01-03 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

looks prommising, plus the changes to galliants might add more options for soloing
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-03 14:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
is there something wrong with the dev tracker on the official site? i didnt see the drg or the cor posts there, still got the holiday posts from the community reps on the top.
The dev tracker on the front page updates much slower.
By Drjones 2012-01-03 15:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The change to Healer's Roll seems a bit unwarranted. It was at least useful back in the six man parties of yore, but in today's FFXI your healer's are gonna be pretty much at capped cure potency, and if I'm reading that correctly it would mean your DDs having to give up a roll if you wanted it to actually do anything.

It just feels like they changed it from being a niche roll to being an utterly useless roll. :(
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 15:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Every single one of these rolls is entirely useless.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-03 15:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming the Bonus part is having said job of roll in your Party?
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 15:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-01-03 15:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Every single one of these rolls is entirely useless.

qd kiting despot around the lake!
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-01-03 15:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said: »
The change to Healer's Roll seems a bit unwarranted. It was at least useful back in the six man parties of yore, but in today's FFXI your healer's are gonna be pretty much at capped cure potency, and if I'm reading that correctly it would mean your DDs having to give up a roll if you wanted it to actually do anything.

It just feels like they changed it from being a niche roll to being an utterly useless roll. :(
COR can keep 4 rolls up at once easily I thought?
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-01-03 15:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »

A Good Cor Can
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-01-03 15:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

especially with AF3+2 hands, full winning streak merits, and af2+1 hat. i think that puts roll duration at 7min 50 secs
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-01-03 15:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

they can do whatever they want with phantom roll cor is staying on the shelf.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 15:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That involves taking time away from dealing damage to do something that's anywhere from largely unhelpful to flat out detrimental. It also involves a COR being in the same party as healers, which is silly in and of itself.
By Drjones 2012-01-03 15:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how that's at all relevant.
The text reads as though it grants potency to cures received rather than to cures distributed. The issue is that the Healer's Roll needs to be applied to the DDs rather than to the healer.

I really hope I'm interpreting that incorrectly.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-03 15:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

especially with AF3+2 hands, full winning streak merits, and af2+1 hat. i think that puts roll duration at 7min 50 secs
Yes a cor is able to keep up a cycle of 4 rolls.
No, there's no need to do it anyway cause if you're in pt with the DDs(if you're not, move)you only need to do 2 anyway.
And lol Winning Steak.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-03 15:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Agentblade said: »
*** that. Tanks could tank before and will tank now as well. I'm staying with the DDs.

Healer/Gallant seems to be good to give it to PLD when he supertanks/kites.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 15:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It may sound arbitrary on the surface, but try to remember the opportunity cost involved in applying a secondary set of rolls on a single player. That's a massive amount of damage lost every roll cycle for the sake of something that hasn't been necessary thus far.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-01-03 15:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the "cure received bonus" break the +50 potency cap? I don't think it does. If it DOES, than it might not be completely useless.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 15:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-01-03 15:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, than its garbage lol
By Artemicion 2012-01-03 15:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be broken as hell, but it would be nice if there was a Pianissimo of sorts for Corsair. But really, it's only fair that it remains a bard exclusive ability. COR always has been too good of a DD to waste necessary rolls (thus DPS) to aid that which has already been relatively self-sufficient.

Perhaps a JA that allows your previous rolls to be "locked-in" so you don't miss any potential damage while aiding others? Oh wait...
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-01-03 16:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
It may sound arbitrary on the surface, but try to remember the opportunity cost involved in applying a secondary set of rolls on a single player. That's a massive amount of damage lost every roll cycle for the sake of something that hasn't been necessary thus far.
^ This
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 16:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
It'd be broken as hell, but it would be nice if there was a Pianissimo of sorts for Corsair. But really, it's only fair that it remains a bard exclusive ability. COR always has been too good of a DD to waste necessary rolls (thus DPS) to aid that which has already been relatively self-sufficient.

Perhaps a JA that allows your previous rolls to be "locked-in" so you don't miss any potential damage while aiding others? Oh wait...

A COR Tenuto would do very little to circumvent the issue I mentioned. Time spent rolling and doubling up is time spent not shooting, which in VW especially is a large chunk of damage lost every roll cycle.
By Artemicion 2012-01-03 16:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I'll rephrase since it seems certain phrases are sensitive here.
JA delay is rather troublesome to DPS when used in heavy succession like COR & DNC.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7