BST In Dyna.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST in Dyna.
BST in Dyna.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2011-12-30 12:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the "Pet Attack +" Axe adds that much? My offhand is fine but I have a hard time finding a decent Main Hand Axe other than Alfard Axe +2, not too time consuming to make for someone who just farm Dynamis as BST, that is.
 Fenrir.Frobos
Server: Fenrir
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 14:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My results for today are 247. This is around what I normally make with no interruptions.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-30 14:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's about my average as well.

As far as a main-hand axe Senk, I haven't found one I'm happy with. I have the add. effect: defense down, but I don't see it making a titanic difference. The best ones are the purchased ones, honestly, but they're way too expensive to justify it for farming. The difference would be slight at best, and probably wouldn't pay itself off (Consider you're so close to finishing.).
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 15:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Tikal are you working on a Guttler?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-30 15:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I finish Mandau on Sunday.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 15:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! Grats buddy.

I'm wondering how well I will do with a 95 Guttler and a 2-4x attack axe. The only thing slowing me down is kill speed right now.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-30 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I feel like I'm slowed down by my pull-speed/proc speed. My kill-speed is almost too high. I will often have to turn to proc a mob, as I shred it too easily.

And thanks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When that happens what I do is I grab another one and beat on it a bit, switching to the lower HP mob for quickstep and violent flourish when the timers are up. I usually do this at around 20% HP in case Falcorr decides to beat on it. But I get in a few chances to proc that way and I usually get it. I'd say there are like 10-15 mobs that I don't get to proc per run. Sometimes I'll have 4 lined up all proc'd and I can't kill them fast enough.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-30 15:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually I do the same, but its dependent on competition. If I'm alone or have very little competition, I can, otherwise I can't. Sometimes a NIN friend comes with me and he pulls and procs and its the perfect mix of power, proc and pulling. It doesn't come anywhere close to doubling my yield though, it only increases my personal efficiency (While adding his damage). 2 BSTs would do better.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 15:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely agree. I noticed that with my dancer friend coming along for a run. Our run yielded around 300 currency. I was expecting it to be doubled what I make. But sadly no. :(
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-30 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the thing about going with a DNC instead of a NIN is that the DNC has to proc, making your procing ability useless. In essence, its a self-sacrifice for getting white. Whereas with a NIN, I can proc and they can proc, utilizing both of us, but having 0 chance for white. NIN would increase over-all yield (More), while the DNC would generate spikes.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 15:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. It definitely made the run a lot smoother and less stressful. I have yet to see a white proc.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2011-12-30 17:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
That's about my average as well.

As far as a main-hand axe Senk, I haven't found one I'm happy with. I have the add. effect: defense down, but I don't see it making a titanic difference. The best ones are the purchased ones, honestly, but they're way too expensive to justify it for farming. The difference would be slight at best, and probably wouldn't pay itself off (Consider you're so close to finishing.).
Doom Tabar and then Alfard +2 it is then, ya :( Cheap, fast and easy (already have all items lying around).

As for the duo, usually I get 270~300 when I duo with a THF friend which is clearly less than what I do solo x2 (180 minimum).

He has BST though, might be better to just go as 2 BSTs, I guess.

Btw I got a few Bynes from today, I'll keep them for a while in case you want them.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-31 06:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Does the "Pet Attack +" Axe adds that much? My offhand is fine but I have a hard time finding a decent Main Hand Axe other than Alfard Axe +2, not too time consuming to make for someone who just farm Dynamis as BST, that is.

Idk, i'm just curious to try it.. I'm pretty sure it has str on it as well? Ruinator babyyyy
By Latifah 2011-12-31 08:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hunewearl said: »
Praeter said: »
I don't have a ridill, so I don't have any personal testing on it, but I'll never understand why a Bst or Thf uses Ridill, even on EP mobs. Especially for Bst there are so many better options you can use.
Increased WS frequency and availability of TP for Sambas/Steps.

As far as THF goes, because they want to show off.
^

As for the difference in skill, in Dynamis, it doesn't matter. Though, if I wasn't lazy, I would rather go with an OAT/2-4 Axe as the difference in DoT must be huge.

About using Pet: PDT/eva in dynamis, rofl. As someone said earlier, go in full DD. There is no such thing as Pet tanking in dyna, even with 5 mobs on the ***, one of them being a NM (sup Nant'ina).

Now the hard part is fiding a decent Axe for the main hand when you are a bandwagon BST. Looks like Alard's Axe +2 or Charmer's Merlin are the only "ok" and cheap Axes :/
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-12-31 09:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
Gilgamesh.Hunewearl said: »
Praeter said: »
I don't have a ridill, so I don't have any personal testing on it, but I'll never understand why a Bst or Thf uses Ridill, even on EP mobs. Especially for Bst there are so many better options you can use.
Increased WS frequency and availability of TP for Sambas/Steps.

As far as THF goes, because they want to show off.
^

As for the difference in skill, in Dynamis, it doesn't matter. Though, if I wasn't lazy, I would rather go with an OAT/2-4 Axe as the difference in DoT must be huge.

About using Pet: PDT/eva in dynamis, rofl. As someone said earlier, go in full DD. There is no such thing as Pet tanking in dyna, even with 5 mobs on the ***, one of them being a NM (sup Nant'ina).

Now the hard part is fiding a decent Axe for the main hand when you are a bandwagon BST. Looks like Alard's Axe +2 or Charmer's Merlin are the only "ok" and cheap Axes :/
As in, you don't need special gear to do so. My wording was bad :(
 Bismarck.Arcari
Server: Bismarck
user: Arcari
By Bismarck.Arcari 2012-01-03 11:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of off topic but I figured it would be better to ask here than make an entirely new topic.

Is the new hippogryph pet confirmed to also be a THF like Yuly? Comes with Treasure Hunter and all of that jazz? If so the hippo is becoming my new best friend for Dynamis.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-01-03 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arcari said: »
Sort of off topic but I figured it would be better to ask here than make an entirely new topic.

Is the new hippogryph pet confirmed to also be a THF like Yuly? Comes with Treasure Hunter and all of that jazz? If so the hippo is becoming my new best friend for Dynamis.

Yes its a thf with th but its only 90min jug compared to 120 of dipper so u will have to use 2.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7