BST In Dyna.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST in Dyna.
BST in Dyna.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-10-27 18:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirrions of gilz a run solo on bst/dnc even after nerf.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-27 23:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that contribution.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-27 23:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Because BSTs weren't ever AOEing in the first place, nothing has changed.
Can't speak for everyone but I get minimum of 170/max of 210 in dreamlands but the average perle glyph axe BST gets like 150.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-27 23:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that so?
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
N powder or spiral spin AoE can proc multiple mobs at once also.
i try to aoe ws everytime pet has tp
I'm not a Perle BST, and I net around 120. What mobs are you fighting in Valkurm?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-27 23:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

PM time!
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-10-27 23:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Now that AoE farming has been nerfed, how do people fair as solo BST on coins on average?

This thread was made after the nerf occurred. Apply any coin count noted with a bonus if they weren't in a dream zone.
By Grimkitty57 2011-10-27 23:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Now that AoE farming has been nerfed, how do people fair as solo BST on coins on average?

I have always soloed Xarcabard because I am so use to the area, I only average about 75 single pieces a night if there isn't any comp. at the camp. I have never used the AoE burn method because I am afraid I will hit some mobs I don't want to fight, plus it never really seemed that necessary.
 Quetzalcoatl.Atropa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Atropa 2011-10-27 23:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BST/DNC I'm averaging 141 coins a run in Qufim. It mainly comes down to how quickly the proc occurs, links and many ppl in the same camp. 151 has been my highest so far in Valkrum.
By Grimkitty57 2011-10-27 23:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried the dreamland Dynamis yet on BST, what is the best one to go to? wondering if it can help me with my project faster
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-27 23:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

all of them kick *** and even on a crowded day you will decide never to go back to xarc again
By Grimkitty57 2011-10-27 23:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Which would you recommend for starters though? Trying to farm 7 days a week to make progress on a Guttler and wanting to see if farming a dreamland can cut the time shorter
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-28 00:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i love valkurm maybe cause its sunny. was sick of xarc for 5 months or w/e. where ever you choose you will find there are infinite mobs and they are verrry squishy.
By Grimkitty57 2011-10-28 00:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

what about the TEs/Subjob mobs? easy as pie as well?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-28 00:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This site has good maps of TE

iono wut a subjob mob is
By Grimkitty57 2011-10-28 00:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

there aren't any mobs you need to kill to unlock your subjob anymore?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-28 00:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

oh nop
By Grimkitty57 2011-10-28 00:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh :D sweet, then that will be a load off of my shoulders
 Bahamut.Aramachus
Server: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-10-30 18:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

friend of mine went on bst/dnc 95 into dynamis bubu to try farming currency, fairly good equipped (+2 pdt magian axes for damage) and also a long time bst player, used yuly and got like 100 currency. he said the main issue was the damage output. how do you guys manage to pull in 1.5x to nearly 2x what he did?
that would imply you kill up to double as fast but how could that be possible with the same pet? minor difference in gear and I guess not even going naked vs good gear would explain double the killspeed on a bst. Im confused, could someone explain to me please? :S
levelling bst atm myself for currency farming with friends
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-30 18:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
friend of mine went on bst/dnc 95 into dynamis bubu to try farming currency, fairly good equipped (+2 pdt magian axes for damage) and also a long time bst player, used yuly and got like 100 currency. he said the main issue was the damage output. how do you guys manage to pull in 1.5x to nearly 2x what he did?
that would imply you kill up to double as fast but how could that be possible with the same pet? minor difference in gear and I guess not even going naked vs good gear would explain double the killspeed on a bst. Im confused, could someone explain to me please? :S
levelling bst atm myself for currency farming with friends

Alot has to do with luck, if it takes 5 sec or 5 min to proc. I usually get 120-160.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2011-10-30 18:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
friend of mine went on bst/dnc 95 into dynamis bubu to try farming currency, fairly good equipped (+2 pdt magian axes for damage) and also a long time bst player, used yuly and got like 100 currency. he said the main issue was the damage output. how do you guys manage to pull in 1.5x to nearly 2x what he did? that would imply you kill up to double as fast but how could that be possible with the same pet? minor difference in gear and I guess not even going naked vs good gear would explain double the killspeed on a bst. Im confused, could someone explain to me please? :S levelling bst atm myself for currency farming with friends

How long did it take to get the TE's? That is normally a problem when I go to bubu. Even if it took say 30 min (which there should never be a reason it takes that long) to get the TE's completed, not really sure how he ended up with only 100. Which mobs was he fighting also? Crabs can sometimes be an issue there if they use scissor guard or metallic body. A decently geared bst should really have no problem pulling in atleast 140-150 coins in a dreamland zone because like what was said early, mobs are really squishy and theres a ton of em.
 Bahamut.Aramachus
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-10-30 18:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the quick replies guys,
yeah he had bad luck with TEs taking about 30min with competition, also he fought crab/raven/mandy so not sure crabs might have slowed him down then. maybe he can pull in more at another camp, Ill tell him and see how that goes.
also do you guys gear towards pet damage (mke head, moepapa belt...)? would even pet:att+ magian axes be worth it? or towards player damage output?
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-30 19:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, Nightmare Crabs were probably a bad choice due to Scissor Guard. I think it's much more potent from the Nightmare Crabs than regular crabs. Mandies probably weren't good either. Losing DoT when you're asleep and I'm sure there were times he got slept near the mandy's death and couldn't move or make his pet fight anything until it wore.

Edit: Oh just read that the sleep from the Nightmare Mandragora's Dream Flower isn't removed by damage...so yea, that's even worse.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2011-10-30 19:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When the crabs used scissor guard, I would go from about a 120 dmg or so per hit down to about 8-10 dmg per hit. I bring my brd mule with me tho so finale takes care of that pretty easily.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-06 03:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Got around to trying my new toy finally

I highly recommend this if you are currently using a magian or AH axe that is either defensive or neglects your pet's damage, as it took all of about 5 hours to complete. It seemed to proc on almost every single mob, and I saw much bigger numbers out of yuly and myself(just eyeballing, yuly crits for 450+, a few spiral spins for 1100+). Basically I think the offensive benefit this axe has, coupled with how easy it is to make, makes it a sweet alternative to the normal axes.

Not a record or anything but 203 is well above my average, especially for a crowded Saturday
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-11-08 18:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! Really nice to know about that weakens defense axe. I feel it'll go great with a STR/ATK axe I made a while back, but since it was such a pain I didn't wanna make another ;x

Also, a quick question. Can anyone personally confirm the animal-type NMs in CoP dyna dropping 100s? Like Nan'tina, the Treant and Fairy ring types? The dragons in bubu.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-11-08 19:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually get between 150-170. My highest in a single run was 187. I use glyph/twilight dagger, so my weapons are far from good.

I like to stick to valkurm, but I'll do bubu if it's crowded.
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-11-10 22:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly recommend this if you are currently using a magian or AH axe that is either defensive or neglects your pet's damage, as it took all but about 3 hours to complete. It seemed to proc on almost every single mob, and I saw much bigger numbers out of yuly and myself(just eyeballing, yuly crits for 450+, a few spiral spins for 1100+). Basically I think the offensive benefit this axe has, coupled with how easy it is to make, makes it a sweet alternative to the normal axes.

Not a record or anything but 203 is well above my average, especially for a crowded Saturday

This is taking me way longer do to these trials, where did you do them at?
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-11-10 22:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly recommend this if you are currently using a magian or AH axe that is either defensive or neglects your pet's damage, as it took all but about 3 hours to complete. It seemed to proc on almost every single mob, and I saw much bigger numbers out of yuly and myself(just eyeballing, yuly crits for 450+, a few spiral spins for 1100+). Basically I think the offensive benefit this axe has, coupled with how easy it is to make, makes it a sweet alternative to the normal axes.

been considering this axe a while now along with an eva- effect axe do you know if they overwrite or stack?
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-11-10 22:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That axe would probably pair better with a DA axe to be honest.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-11-10 22:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thing about that though is i tend to struggle to keep mobs alive as is lol

Edit: and my bst is far from polished
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7