BST In Dyna.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST in Dyna.
BST in Dyna.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-11 17:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all~

I been reading in some threads that people pull in a ridiculus amount of coin on BST. Like, 200+.

I took my bst in dyna-xarc at 80 cap and Yuly got ANNIHILATED. Absolutely.

i was just wondering, how do people do it, do i need the best gear to do and anything else really?

Thanks~
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-11 17:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Back at 80 you probably didn't have enough pet gear to turn your pet into a tanking beast (no pun intended).

I've been recently considering getting my BST up for that same purpose and have been researching in gear setups and whatnot.

Although I've seen Perle BSTs solo stuff in Dynamis just fine, I'd say the better you gear for it, the better results you'll have, therefore, i'll probably work on getting something like this:

I'm still unsure whether I should make 2 Pet:Pdt Axes or 2 Pet:Eva Axes for Dipper. I feel like the pdt ones would turn more useful overall, especially whenever I happen to use another pet, but idk.

Edit: Anwig will have the Acc+3 Atk+3 / Pet: Haste +5% Pet: -10%DT Augment. As an alternative a spurrer beret would be my 2nd choice.
Mirke will have Pet: Atk/Ratk+15 and Pet: DA+2 Crit Rate+2%. Armada sollerets can get up to +4% Pet Haste augment,along with other useful Pet specific augments.
Note that all this gear is probably beyond what's necessary. it's just my view.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-11 18:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thanks. Yeah, ima start working on the axes but i had the same question as you, EVA for Yuly or just general PDT ones? Mirke and Headpiece are out for me unfortunately. But thanks for the reply and i'll probably get working on axes first.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-11 18:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No prob. I'm hoping this topic will get some more replies, as I'm still pretty new to BST and haven't had a chance to play with it much., so here's the buuuuump!
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-11 18:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i hear ya. Would be nice to know if anyone knows what yuly's natural eva is or something. Maybe Nightfyre might help me crunch numbers if we can get said data lol. With Yuly's natural eva should be able to work out how high you can get the evade rate, mob dependent.

*Ninja bump*
 Leviathan.Tealsic
Server: Leviathan
user: Tealsic
By Leviathan.Tealsic 2011-10-11 18:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use yuly, and actually only just started pdt axes. In dyna beaucidne (im horrible at spelling dont mind that) and was able to pull in 150 coins yuly with 2 pdt axes is semi hindering it imo. The only time pdt are good for yuly is for mobs with low acc,
but make a mark when they do hit. Just my preference though.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 18:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

there is a huge difference between 80 cap and 95 cap first of all. It is ABSOLUTELY not necessary to wear any -PDT gear at all versus EP enemies. yuly has over 4000 hp and pretty sick evasion. the reason i use 2x -pdt axes are because they are my default axes, are my highest dmg, and they probably end up saving a stack of rewards. all that -pet dmg +pet accuracy etc is so pointless on EPs. I basically go in full DD mode
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-11 18:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: It made perfect sense lol, sorry. Just tired eyes.

Looks like eva the way to go.

Also just outta curiousity, do they work at all with other jugs?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 18:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

pet eva axes are a waste of time really. not just saying that because i dont have them, but you will benefit from -pdt axes regardless of the pet or situation.. pet:eva axes have one use, soloing hard stuff with yuly. and even then, i've never had a problem in -pdt axes
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-11 20:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I have to agree if you want to work on some BST Axes, let the Eva ones go and focus on something that will benefit all your pets, like the PDT or MDB ones (I'd rather go pdt). Stacking Eva on other pets that don't have Eva bonus traits is like making an eva build for war.

Edit: Btw, if the 1st set I posted is a bit extreme, you could work on something like this and rely on Sic for your pet to keep the mob busy while you chop chop stuff:

Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 20:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

thats pretty sexy. charmers merlin is kinda outdated tho imo and sic and ready timer is always up by the time they have tp

this is my dream set :|

mufflers with 4% haste
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-11 22:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
thats pretty sexy. charmers merlin is kinda outdated tho imo and sic and ready timer is always up by the time they have tp

this is my dream set :|
mufflers with 4% haste

I guess once I obtain 2 magian Guichards I'll be able to let go of Charmer's. Once I get back to the game I'll be starting with Charmer and an augmented Doom tabar anyways heh.
Why would you opt for hagneia stone over demonry core though? Is it because you arleady have one or because the 3 stp actually gets you a better X-Hit? I think the extra pet acc on the core is pretty neat too.
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-11 22:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

pet eva axes are a waste of time really. not just saying that because i dont have them, but you will benefit from -pdt axes regardless of the pet or situation.. pet:eva axes have one use, soloing hard stuff with yuly. and even then, i've never had a problem in -pdt axes

like..... vrtraaaaaa
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 22:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

nawww i wish i had one. i just dont see anything good coming out of 4 dex and 4 acc vs EPs. i like the 3 attack, the stp is just a bonus, kinda sad what ammo options we have :/

ninja edit: though i would gladly take either atm over my lolflamesachet
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-11 22:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the point of dual eva axes in Dyna even, I always farm Dyna - bubu, and EP mobs don't have ***on dipper, or even the player. I tend to evade a lot if pull hate, generally i get lazy and let hate stay on me. You shouldn't have any problems as /DNC. I tp in this and just do my procs/dipper's procs;

And Rampage after procing ofc :D I'm happy with my Rampage numbers outside;

Ofc Farsha mainhand. I just offhand Eva or PDT axe.. I really want to make a DA axe to offhand...
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 22:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

come to fenrir for a week i need a legit offhand :( done with the NMs for months, now I can't pick which I want..

you gonna get a moepapa stone? if so where will you make up the haste? thats my current situation.. think i needa drop AF3 hands for haste :(
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-11 22:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to piece some ***together and asdgasdfadsfad omw to fenrir. I really just dislike the tiara for some reason >< I'll see what kind of haste set i can make ina bit
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2011-10-11 23:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kollo, if you don't like the tiara get a hood, with some cat ears on it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-11 23:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

eva axes are only good for mobs that multi hits a lot/hits very fast like alfard or vrtra bothering all over with the summons, pdt axes are the default axes for soloing
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 23:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ooooooooooooooooo

didn't even know this exists, but i want.
screw +3 attack gimme -7 if its green.
[+]
 Bismarck.Punchus
Server: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2011-10-11 23:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo farm Xarc everyday and generally leave with 120+ singles and the occassional 100 piece. Another nice axe to have which I didn't see mentioned is the Glyph Axe. The regain is a nice addition when using pet to proc. I use sheep to farm the TE's then call dipper when ready to farm.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-10-11 23:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kollosis said: »
I don't see the point of dual eva axes in Dyna even, I always farm Dyna - bubu, and EP mobs don't have ***on dipper, or even the player. I tend to evade a lot if pull hate, generally i get lazy and let hate stay on me. You shouldn't have any problems as /DNC. I tp in this and just do my procs/dipper's procs;

Ofc Farsha mainhand. I just offhand Eva or PDT axe.. I really want to make a DA axe to offhand...

Guttler main hand bro, gtfo with that Farsha crap !
[+]
 Bahamut.Xoraken
Server: Bahamut
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-10-12 04:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18541/tjukurrpa-axe

[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-10-12 07:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mekaider said: »
Edit: It made perfect sense lol, sorry. Just tired eyes.

Looks like eva the way to go.

Also just outta curiousity, do they work at all with other jugs?
Since I only have eva axes, I've played around with them so I can fill in a bit here D:
In Dyna-Valk (only one I've BSTed so far) it gave slug a fairly decent evasion rate, which helped since I often held 7-8 mobs at a time on him.
Sieghard is actually fairly evasive when given the right stuff, remember having him tank Gnawtooth Gary a while back D: (Without any DT other than hat/Stout servant)
Only 2 I've really played around with though, really should finish PDT/MDB axes for slug :I
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-12 12:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Kollo, if you don't like the tiara get a hood, with some cat ears on it.
LOL! Cat ears on my hood ***~

ooooooooooooooooo

didn't even know this exists, but i want.
screw +3 attack gimme -7 if its green.
Oshii I completely forgot about thisss, nice find, I'm happy to see so many different haste options for BST being available:)
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-12 12:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

Guttler main hand bro, gtfo with that Farsha crap !

shhhh I'm secretly using all the currency i have for aegis on guttler.. but i'm telling my ls otherwise :)
[+]
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-12 12:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if anyone has ever seen it but, apparently there is a jp running around with a Panther Mask augmented with haste, I don't know if it will necessarily rule out anything for head options but i'm curious as to where and how to get that aug.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2011-10-12 14:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if anyone has ever seen it but, apparently there is a jp running around with a Panther Mask augmented with haste, I don't know if it will necessarily rule out anything for head options but i'm curious as to where and how to get that aug.
iirc It's from one of the ANNM fights
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-10-12 14:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scythefang_Liger

No mention of haste being one of the aug rewards, but this is wiki....
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-10-12 19:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also curious about how 200+ coin farming is done solo.

I farmed Dyna-Beaucedine pretty regularly (getting all five TE's, then farming JA-proc Yagudos) for a while at 90 and I tend to bring in around 40 coins per run. I tried today at 95 with Gorefang and it was awesome, but other than one lucky kill where I got four Whiteshells at once the coins weren't flowing like they did with Yuly's TH. I ended up with less than 30.

Do I need to clear Beauc and Xarca and farm Dreamland zones in order to get 200-300 coins a run, or am I doing something wrong? Even in Beauc my average of ~40-50 coins seems low compared to what I hear.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7