BST In Dyna.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST in Dyna.
BST in Dyna.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-12 19:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Says all you need to go to dreamlands (excluding tavnazia) is CoP 3-5 completed. I've only done Beauc a few times, and we didn't bring in much currency. IMO Dreamlands > Xarc > Jeuno > anything else
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-10-12 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Says all you need to go to dreamlands (excluding tavnazia) is CoP 3-5 completed. I've only done Beauc a few times, and we didn't bring in much currency. IMO Dreamlands > Xarc > Jeuno > anything else
Oh damn, I don't know why I thought I needed Xarc clear...

Guess I'll be trying Buburimu tomorrow. Any tips?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-12 19:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This ;)
you will want to alternate camps based on the time of day.

also TE are the same names for Qufim Bubu and Valk
Adamantking Image
Goblin Statue
Warchief Tombstone
5th is a random one of these

can widescan mid map and pick up all of em
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-12 19:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
I'm still unsure whether I should make 2 Pet:Pdt Axes or 2 Pet:Eva Axes for Dipper. I feel like the pdt ones would turn more useful overall, especially whenever I happen to use another pet, but idk.

Edit: Anwig will have the Acc+3 Atk+3 / Pet: Haste +5% Pet: -10%DT Augment. As an alternative a spurrer beret would be my 2nd choice.
Mirke will have Pet: Atk/Ratk+15 and Pet: DA+2 Crit Rate+2%. Armada sollerets can get up to +4% Pet Haste augment,along with other useful Pet specific augments.
Note that all this gear is probably beyond what's necessary. it's just my view.

You should bite the bullet and get both Pet Evasion, and PDT. Honestly, the Pet Evasion took a day for both. The PDT, which are pretty much required by-BST-Law were way worse to get. Especially if Eldiem(S) Wants to be a *** and pop weather for 3minutes at a time.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-12 19:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I'm still unsure whether I should make 2 Pet:Pdt Axes or 2 Pet:Eva Axes for Dipper. I feel like the pdt ones would turn more useful overall, especially whenever I happen to use another pet, but idk.

Edit: Anwig will have the Acc+3 Atk+3 / Pet: Haste +5% Pet: -10%DT Augment. As an alternative a spurrer beret would be my 2nd choice.
Mirke will have Pet: Atk/Ratk+15 and Pet: DA+2 Crit Rate+2%. Armada sollerets can get up to +4% Pet Haste augment,along with other useful Pet specific augments.

You should bite the bullet and get both Pet Evasion, and PDT. Honestly, the Pet Evasion took a day for both. The PDT, which are pretty much required by-BST-Law were way worse to get. Especially if Eldiem(S) Wants to be a *** and pop weather for 3minutes at a time.

Eh, I guessed as much. I honestly can't see myself doing that many magian weapons though. I already have to finish Cure potency staff, a TP bonus Fusetto, an AGI Kila and start the Pdt axes, and if there's something I can't stand in the game it's the weapon trials @_@

We'll see how I manage once I get back.

However, what's your opinion on MDB Axes?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-12 19:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Pet TP moves proc JA monsters?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-10-12 19:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

ya, same with smn blood pacts. pretty sure it's ja and not ws ones
 Bismarck.Selzak
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-10-12 22:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Ready apparently triggers JA procs. Not sure if it reads the pet's move or the BST using Ready, but yeah.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-12 22:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I guessed as much. I honestly can't see myself doing that many magian weapons though. I already have to finish Cure potency staff, a TP bonus Fusetto, an AGI Kila and start the Pdt axes, and if there's something I can't stand in the game it's the weapon trials @_@

We'll see how I manage once I get back.

However, what's your opinion on MDB Axes?

I haven't go them, but I can tell you this much: there's been quite a few situations where I wish I had the MDB. They're almost entirely a "Pet only" Deal though, since if you opt for MDB axes, you're almost certainly in a situation where you're swapping axes around and/or avoiding being within attack range alltogether.

Not something like Alfard where you get on that ***along with your pet and *** it's day up.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-10-13 03:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Selzak said: »
Yeah, Ready apparently triggers JA procs. Not sure if it reads the pet's move or the BST using Ready, but yeah.
It's the pet's actual TP move. Having 2+ BSTs using AOE moves it's quite notable D:
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-16 22:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said: »
Bismarck.Selzak said: »
It's the pet's actual TP move. Having 2+ BSTs using AOE moves it's quite notable D:

Dipper Noisome Powder Spam? lol
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-16 23:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

N powder or spiral spin AoE can proc multiple mobs at once also.
i try to aoe ws everytime pet has tp
 Shiva.Brunwulf
Server: Shiva
user: Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2011-10-16 23:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even bother with powder. I spiral spin and lunge to try and trigger as I pull a mob. I get better results with spiral spin and double evasion axes than powder saving up 200 tp and pdt axes. I use maybe 2 stacks of zeta biscuits a run in valk doing nothing but ep ja trigger mobs. Should pull 100+ coins on a bad day. I get 120+ even with people stealing mobs off me like little ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-16 23:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason i opt to N powder is because i hate killing them before they proc. in valk i use about 6 biscuits and got 193 singles yesterday
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-10-16 23:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Axilla said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

ya, same with smn blood pacts. pretty sure it's ja and not ws ones
SMN BP are considered magical.

Your face is considered magical.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-10-16 23:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh see now i got the acc on body instead of att being able up pet acc by 25 when needed comes in handy. now on axes i just wish they give them diff names at the +2 level for macros. hmm also saw no mention of the pet pdt mantle
By aboutsixmidgets 2011-10-16 23:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kollosis said: »
pet eva axes are a waste of time really. not just saying that because i dont have them, but you will benefit from -pdt axes regardless of the pet or situation.. pet:eva axes have one use, soloing hard stuff with yuly. and even then, i've never had a problem in -pdt axes

like..... vrtraaaaaa

i just killed Vrtra on bst and my bst is capped at 88 for oct club atm.. im still working on pretty much all my gear. any bst can do it as long as you got muslims
 Asura.Sangunius
Server: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-10-17 00:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said: »

ahh see now i got the acc on body instead of att being able up pet acc by 25 when needed comes in handy. now on axes i just wish they give them diff names at the +2 level for macros. hmm also saw no mention of the pet pdt mantle
Couldn't agree more, I went the route of making my pet pdt axes +3 and keeping pet eva at +2 for now. Simply due to the supply of soil geodes vs breezes.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-17 00:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be a nice number for a BST/DNC duo?
 Asura.Sangunius
Server: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-10-17 01:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Been awhile since I've gone in but 100+ singles a run should be fairly easy to do now. Me and another BST duo'd 256 in basty(1HQ) prior to 95 cap update.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-17 01:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sangunius said: »
Been awhile since I've gone in but 100+ singles a run should be fairly easy to do now. Me and another BST duo'd 256 in basty(1HQ) prior to 95 cap update.

Unless ur getting at least 300 duo its not worth it, soloing 150 is pretty easy.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-17 01:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i've duo with tons of combos, and tons of different people, unless you really really suck, just solo.

idk how some people get 120? tonight was painfully crowded and i got 178
sooo id say no less than 150
 Bahamut.Razorback
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-10-17 02:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I average about 130. There'll always be a few mobs that won't proc and then cheap skates that just drop 1 single.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-10-17 03:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

get about 170 avg in qufim yet i still cant bring myself to make a relic too distracted with other shiny things
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-17 08:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i've duo with tons of combos, and tons of different people, unless you really really suck, just solo.

idk how some people get 120? tonight was painfully crowded and i got 178
sooo id say no less than 150

How much time do you spend actually farming (- time spent getting TE)?

How often do you get links while getting TEs?
By Xavierr 2011-10-17 09:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TE can take anywhere from 5 min to 20 min from my experience depending on links. On average lets just say 15 min for TE and 1hr45min farm time. If I am having a good night with procs I'll usually come out with 130-180 singles. As far as how often do I get links during TE it can be none to alot lol. It all depends on how long you are willing to wait for it to move to the clear. Usually ill bring sheep for TE and spam "fight" on the TE till it dies then haul ***. If sheep dies mobs will depop if you are far enough away. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Atropa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Atropa 2011-10-18 20:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This ;)
you will want to alternate camps based on the time of day.

also TE are the same names for Qufim Bubu and Valk
Adamantking Image
Goblin Statue
Warchief Tombstone
5th is a random one of these

can widescan mid map and pick up all of em

Would you mind elaborating on which camps you rotate through? I'd rather have knowledge up front instead of wasting time running around blind in there trying to determine where to camp. I'm sure we'll all agree that efficiency is important.
/bow
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-10-18 21:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

camps are down to personal preference in qufim i do stirge gaylas and raptors but that varies due to a trio of pld rdm whm that likes to come and pull the damn zone
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-27 17:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that AoE farming has been nerfed, how do people fair as solo BST on coins on average?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7