BST In Dyna.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST in Dyna.
BST in Dyna.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-14 00:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
I'm only really bothered by this if it's done without need, as in, they'd rather take the already proced mob than one of the dozens around it. You can recite the ToS agreement as many times as you like, you're still a scumbag.

In most ppls defense unless u watch to see whats proc u dont know.
I've unknowingly taken proc mobs cause u cant tell, no need to be and *** and hold more then 2 and that usually if u just have agro. If i see ppl purposly taking 3-4 eveytime to hold yea u gonna get what u asked for which is a bora axe at 3%.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-11-14 00:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm talking about when there's an entire field of unclaimed mobs but they'd rather pull one of the ones your fighting. I never intentionally hold more than 2, but if I happen to be fighting let's say, the only 4 mobs on the field, ok fine, take one. I'm not gonna make an issue of it. I'm only bothered by people who intentionally poach, whether they need to or not.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-11-14 00:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

my alt is all of 4 days old and is better geared as bst than most these days
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-14 01:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Anyone having alot of probs with ppl holding multipule mobs and then they get all pissed off if u attk 1? I dont mean agro they purposly take 2-4 and hold them then *** at u if u touch any.
Its a legitimate strategy though. Pulling one at a time isn't very efficient.. even though it may only take 15 seconds that will add up. If someone is super greedy like pulling 8 at a time its fun to kill their yellow mobs at 2% health though :/

If i see ppl purposly taking 3-4 eveytime to hold yea u gonna get what u asked for which is a bora axe at 3%.
tolly gonna try this
[+]
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-11-14 01:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

and this why i said i wait til its not as full just because i dont wanna be with the butt hurt people that just want to bora axe a 3% mob, but like i said i leave people alone but dont expect anyone to be as courteous to someone building a relic or making money to buy things they want for other jobs my reason being a relic.
 Asura.Ruzoko
Server: Asura
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2011-11-14 02:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

im currently farmin dyna windy for the last bit of shells i need for my relic but still inexperienced with bst so can any vet bst PM me with some good tips and gear XP itd be nice to walk out of windy with 150+ shells lol
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-15 17:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ruzoko said: »
im currently farmin dyna windy for the last bit of shells i need for my relic but still inexperienced with bst so can any vet bst PM me with some good tips and gear XP itd be nice to walk out of windy with 150+ shells lol

I'd still farm cop zones and just sell what u dont need, i did windy once and never again. Shouldnt be hard to farm 150 in the dunes, that pretty much equals 150 shells depending on ur server prices.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-15 17:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Got around to trying my new toy finally

I highly recommend this if you are currently using a magian or AH axe that is either defensive or neglects your pet's damage, as it took all of about 5 hours to complete. It seemed to proc on almost every single mob, and I saw much bigger numbers out of yuly and myself(just eyeballing, yuly crits for 450+, a few spiral spins for 1100+). Basically I think the offensive benefit this axe has, coupled with how easy it is to make, makes it a sweet alternative to the normal axes.

Not a record or anything but 203 is well above my average, especially for a crowded Saturday

Tried my 1st run today with the lvl 90 and i cant say im impressed, didnt get any more then usual. The proc rate was weak, works nice when it dose but atm i dont see it any better then the 90 farsha i was using. Hope im doing something wrong cause it can be nice and wasnt fun to get. I main hand this axe and offhand double attk. I use it in the main cause i find proc even worse in the offhand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-11-19 18:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

one question, can charm proc nightmare mobs? I know it can proc beastment since it binds them but have not tried it on nightmare mobs. not sure if it will bind them or give a "fails to charm" message.
By Ericnuke 2011-11-19 18:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
one question, can charm proc nightmare mobs? I know it can proc beastment since it binds them but have not tried it on nightmare mobs. not sure if it will bind them or give a "fails to charm" message.

If you are solo BST in dyna, you would have jug pet out at all times and not be able to use charm. If you are BST in a group doing a dream zone then you are hurting yourself. To answer your question if charm can proc a nightmare mob, then yes, it would proc a nightmare mob in the JA proc time frame.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-11-19 18:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ericnuke said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »

If you are solo BST in dyna, you would have jug pet out at all times and not be able to use charm. If you are BST in a group doing a dream zone then you are hurting yourself. To answer your question if charm can proc a nightmare mob, then yes, it would proc a nightmare mob in the JA proc time frame.

ah cool thanks. just wanted to know in case I ever want to try out dnc/bst for faster procs.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-19 19:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried my 1st run today with the lvl 90 and i cant say im impressed, didnt get any more then usual. The proc rate was weak, works nice when it dose but atm i dont see it any better then the 90 farsha i was using. Hope im doing something wrong cause it can be nice and wasnt fun to get. I main hand this axe and offhand double attk. I use it in the main cause i find proc even worse in the offhand.

I don't know about replacing a 90 Farsha with it or anything. Mainly just wanted it to be known that its an easy-to-obtain offensive alternative to what I see most people using(Glyph axe, Charmer's merlin, Maiden Tabar, Doom Tabar, Pet evasion, etc Hell some people even fulltime Zoraal ja's).
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-02 10:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So ***gets old. I've been going bst/dnc forever... would thf/dnc and my rdm alt dual box do any better or equal? I have ideal tp gear and full th for thf and my rdm gear is par. I'm just looking for something new to do in dynamis other than talking to a damn ladybug..

I average about 140-180 in Quf/Bubu (don't do valk much) depending on people in zone. I also do Sandy every once in a while when i'm feeling lucky and farm the NIN NM @ the AH for 100c.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 10:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The consensus that I've seen is if you don't get at LEAST 150/RL person, you're doing it wrong. BST counts as 1.5-2 due to pet so you should be getting ~225+ per person.

Don't ask me how. My trio is only up to ~120 so far, but that's WHM/BLM, DNC/---, 81MNK/THF. We're going to be trying a few different things to see if we can boost our numbers. Obviously the number will go up once the MNK is 95.

The MNK is also going to end up a THF for the additional TH.

We're also working on second chars so we can run twice some days. That combo will be DNC/---, DNC/---, THF/DNC.

To answer your question, THF/DNC and dualboxing RDM shouldn't be too far off of what you currently do if your THF gear is as good as you say. It all depends on how much use you get out of the RDM. Is there a reason you don't dual box it now?
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 11:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said: »
So ***gets old. I've been going bst/dnc forever... would thf/dnc and my rdm alt dual box do any better or equal? I have ideal tp gear and full th for thf and my rdm gear is par. I'm just looking for something new to do in dynamis other than talking to a damn ladybug..

I average about 140-180 in Quf/Bubu (don't do valk much) depending on people in zone. I also do Sandy every once in a while when i'm feeling lucky and farm the NIN NM @ the AH for 100c.

Yes its very monotonous and redundent buts bst/dnc is most likely ur best way to maximize coins. I've never understood why ppl do 2+, mabye if ur going for white. But i assume this is why so many ppl are bst now because its the best option.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-12-02 11:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but i cant believe the 225+ coins average, maybe in a good day when 0 BSTs are inside but you (in any dream area) and the other ppl wont take any mob u have in sight, then maybe depending on how they 3-4 coins/mob rate is, you might get it.

But sadly, lately the trend on ppl is "IM A BST, I CAN GET 10 MOBS AND IF U TOUCH ANY OF EM, IM GONNA SHOUT IN THE AREA HOW EVIL YOU ARE QQQQQ".

My group of 3 ppl did qufim 2 days ago, we got almost 600 coins (this was with a 100 byne) and we were killing really fast, raptor > gaylas > stirge rotation (imo the best) with some weapons on the stirge stage because they werent repopping fast enough, and even then we didnt got 200/each, so 225/average/day would be going dnc/nothing alone and getting a 100 (or 2) every run, which never happens.

Dunno why the full perle BSTs get mad when there are 3-4 peeps at any given camp and ppl take links, if there are 25 mobs and 4 ppl, just get 1 or 2 because if u get 5, you're asking to get trolled big time, and seeing how crowded the dream areas are lately (dunno other servers but ragnarok is retardedly crowded at any given time, seen 40+ at JP prime time lol) its a bad idea.

Btw our setup is blu/dnc bst/dnc and dnc/nothing, all of us well geared and know what to do so yeah, unless u get like every mob (or almost) to drop 3-4 and 0 competition, you can expect 150-160 average.

Now something that bothers me (think im doing it wrong but want some input from other people): I use guichard +2 (eva) and kraken inside dyna but see a lot of ppl with farsha (85, sometimes 90) and offhand the 2-4 with lower dmg, is that combo that good? thought at least 1 PDT or EVA axe for dipper (since the person that goes bst always uses dipper once we have the TEs) would benefit more than farsha (althought i kinda see the point with the mobs being EP, but still, if u have lets say a link of 3-4 mobs, that eva should help in the end).

bai bai!
By Brolli 2011-12-02 12:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

xenomasterkenshin said: »
Sorry but i cant believe the 225+ coins average, maybe in a good day when 0 BSTs are inside but you (in any dream area) and the other ppl wont take any mob u have in sight, then maybe depending on how they 3-4 coins/mob rate is, you might get it.

But sadly, lately the trend on ppl is "IM A BST, I CAN GET 10 MOBS AND IF U TOUCH ANY OF EM, IM GONNA SHOUT IN THE AREA HOW EVIL YOU ARE QQQQQ".

My group of 3 ppl did qufim 2 days ago, we got almost 600 coins (this was with a 100 byne) and we were killing really fast, raptor > gaylas > stirge rotation (imo the best) with some weapons on the stirge stage because they werent repopping fast enough, and even then we didnt got 200/each, so 225/average/day would be going dnc/nothing alone and getting a 100 (or 2) every run, which never happens.

Dunno why the full perle BSTs get mad when there are 3-4 peeps at any given camp and ppl take links, if there are 25 mobs and 4 ppl, just get 1 or 2 because if u get 5, you're asking to get trolled big time, and seeing how crowded the dream areas are lately (dunno other servers but ragnarok is retardedly crowded at any given time, seen 40+ at JP prime time lol) its a bad idea.

Btw our setup is blu/dnc bst/dnc and dnc/nothing, all of us well geared and know what to do so yeah, unless u get like every mob (or almost) to drop 3-4 and 0 competition, you can expect 150-160 average.

Now something that bothers me (think im doing it wrong but want some input from other people): I use guichard +2 (eva) and kraken inside dyna but see a lot of ppl with farsha (85, sometimes 90) and offhand the 2-4 with lower dmg, is that combo that good? thought at least 1 PDT or EVA axe for dipper (since the person that goes bst always uses dipper once we have the TEs) would benefit more than farsha (althought i kinda see the point with the mobs being EP, but still, if u have lets say a link of 3-4 mobs, that eva should help in the end).

bai bai!
in my opinion wearing a farsha or any axe than double pdt axe or eva is silly, (specially when your pet is tanking 95% of the time,) farsha dmg doesn't cut it enough to replace a 10% pdt or eva axe, you will end up using loads of pet food and pets, not that efficient , it will get worse with links
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 12:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends how quick you're proccing, and if it dies before unfreezing. If you're solo, you probably won't kill it while frozen. If you're a trio where everyone can proc, you should usually proc within the first 20 seconds, and kill it before it is unfrozen.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-12-02 12:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks for the responses, ill just keep going as usual whenever i have to BST ^^
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 12:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »
xenomasterkenshin said: »

bai bai!
in my opinion wearing a farsha or any axe than double pdt axe or eva is silly, (specially when your pet is tanking 95% of the time,) farsha dmg doesn't cut it enough to replace a 10% pdt or eva axe, you will end up using loads of pet food and pets, not that efficient , it will get worse with links

I use 90 farsha and 90 double attk axe and do just fine, i use an average of 4 pet foods and average 150-180 coins.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-12-02 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wearing pdt and eva pet gear is completely unnecessary in dynamis. I only use 2-3 stacks of delta food per run with zero of both. I make those stacks for like 2k gil.

I wouldn't bother with an eva or pdt setup inside of dynamis. Yuly rapes everything without it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-02 12:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
The consensus that I've seen is if you don't get at LEAST 150/RL person, you're doing it wrong. BST counts as 1.5-2 due to pet so you should be getting ~225+ per person.

Don't ask me how. My trio is only up to ~120 so far, but that's WHM/BLM, DNC/---, 81MNK/THF. We're going to be trying a few different things to see if we can boost our numbers. Obviously the number will go up once the MNK is 95.

The MNK is also going to end up a THF for the additional TH.

We're also working on second chars so we can run twice some days. That combo will be DNC/---, DNC/---, THF/DNC.

To answer your question, THF/DNC and dualboxing RDM shouldn't be too far off of what you currently do if your THF gear is as good as you say. It all depends on how much use you get out of the RDM. Is there a reason you don't dual box it now?
I did dual box it back when i first started out in dynamis after the update, just for the extra raise in case things went bad. Once i got to where i didn't need my other char, i just found it a waste of time to bring him a long. I guess what it really comes down to is trying it out, lol. not like one run is gonna change a lot. there's always 9:00 am the next morning!
 Bismarck.Greezy
Server: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2011-12-02 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When i play bst i would prefer a farsha with the next highest damage axe on the offhand and as much haste as i can get because its a simple factor of numbers. more dd means a deader mob. I refuse to believe that my pet is a better dd than me. then when u breach the hateline, snarl ftw. using pet food is a must.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-02 12:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its very monotonous and redundent buts bst/dnc is most likely ur best way to maximize coins. I've never understood why ppl do 2+, mabye if ur going for white. But i assume this is why so many ppl are bst now because its the best option.
well i'd bring rdm for sleep/heals/raise/buffs if needed. Not like i'm needing to split the currency 2 ways. Not really bringing him to speed up the process, just to have extra support.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-02 12:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I use 90 farsha and 90 double attk axe and do just fine, i use an average of 4 pet foods and average 150-180 coins.

4 pet food? I usually burn through 2 stacks >.>
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 12:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

4 pet food? I usually burn through 2 stacks >.>
But that's what, 2 currency? As long as the offensive axes gain you an increase greater than that, you're still good.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-02 12:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I use about 2~3 per run. I still use 1 PDT axe, but only because my 2-4x is in progress.

As far as I'm concerned, the best strategy is meshing pet haste and player haste. I wear Spurrer's, working on my Armada Sollerets, and Moepapa stone for my pet, and the rest is a mish-mash of haste gear for me.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-02 12:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I do however use Pet Poultice to supplement my regen. ***is dirt cheap to synth and you get 99 of them pretty easy. I still haven't run out of my first stack after doing Dynamis over 50 times.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-02 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this a while back.

I <3 the gearsets on ffxiah. :D
Capped haste for BST, +8%-9% pet haste depending on augs.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-02 12:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My only question is: Does the 5% haste given to you outweigh the 5% given to Yuly? She hits like a truck. More, DNC JAs aren't affected by Haste, and we don't cast, so really it's just a question of DPS.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7