Azure Lore -- A Guide To AoE Burning On Blue Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-06 15:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Job traits most likely
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-06 16:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Auroral Drape is Fast Cast, Actinic is Auto-Refresh. Neither are necessary, from a usage or traits perspective.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-06 17:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, for traits. Fast cast is more for if you're /NIN, and this guide was authored before it was nerfed/bugged. There aren't many spells you can set in the place of Auto Refresh anyways, so it doesn't hurt to have.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 22:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually find Actinic burst extremely helpful when burning (or for anything really). I have it set almost 100% of the time.

I haven't seen it added in OP or mentioned so far, but I find a eva build to be a lot more beneficial than a -PDT build, especially when pulling a large amount of mobs. Here is an ss for example:

(Largest mob size)

(Evasion, this is w/o atma and all from gear/merit.)

Might not matter much if your healer is ontop of you every second you gather the mobs, but its nice for solo CW use or to relieve the WHM, if its not a mule, of extra healing or potential death.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 22:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just have my "whm mule" go rdm and use pdt with phalanx, and somehow manage to live with being hit for 1~3, sure is hard though, if I afk for over 10 minutes I could come back to being just under 50%
I'll stop there, I don't like to think about what might happen
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 22:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I just have my "whm mule" go rdm and use pdt with phalanx, and somehow manage to live with being hit for 1~3, sure is hard though, if I afk for over 10 minutes I could come back to being just under 50%
I'll stop there, I don't like to think about what might happen
Don't scare me like that, I'll have nightmares.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 22:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the *** I have to put up with almost every day
yet somehow I remain unscathed
I thank the dear lord raptor jesus for every day he might bless me with his phalan-er divine grace
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 22:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

At least it's better than school.

Oh..... too soon?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 23:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
At least it's better than school.

Oh..... too soon?
your day is coming up soon
don't get so cocky
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 23:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I still get out at 3:25 PM though.

Also, I can go off campus for lunch this year!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 23:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have classes until 12:30 PM at the earliest
Trust me, by the time you start I should be able to sleep in bed half of your whole day ;o
I'll do all your sleeping for you though, so don't worry about that np
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 23:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I got recess after lunch, though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 23:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get hurt on the monkey bars like you did last year now :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 23:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm afraid of them now. :(
 Bahamut.Enkidou
Server: Bahamut
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-08-31 09:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it mentioned, but Buzzfly at Conflux 5 in Misareaux is another great option.

You won't find anyone camping them 99% of the time, leaving them as easy prey. They link. The camp isn't huge so it's easy to pull nearly all of them at a time. Flame Skimmer is easily avoidable and they go down like a prom date.
 Asura.Deodate
Server: Asura
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2011-08-31 10:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I see some BLU say an evasion set is awesome and I hear others say BLU evasion sucks and -PDT is the better option as a result. Can anyone help clarify, and possibly post gear set for reference. I've been working on BLU for a long time but only recently got 90 so I'm still learning about it and working on properly gearing it. Thanks
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-08-31 11:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deodate said: »
I see some BLU say an evasion set is awesome and I hear others say BLU evasion sucks and -PDT is the better option as a result. Can anyone help clarify, and possibly post gear set for reference. I've been working on BLU for a long time but only recently got 90 so I'm still learning about it and working on properly gearing it. Thanks

I'm interesting in this as well. It might come down to personal preference. I currently use a bit of a hybrid set, which would probably be improved if I'd change it to either all out -pdt or evasion. It does the job but I'm contemplating making the switch to full evasion due to already having all of the necessary gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 11:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

***'s situational. PDT is great for stuff you won't reliably evade, physical TP moves, and anything weak enough that you can combine it with Phalanx to get damage taken into the low single digits. If you can get your evasion to a decently high rate, it is better for mitigating basic melee attacks.
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 11:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

so....are we gunna edit in Barrier Tusk* to our spell lists when it comes out :D (now all we need is an aquaveil spell and we prolly will only need /rdm for a few things)

*note: depending on if it caps out higher than RDM Phalanx with BLUskill adding tiers like normal Phalanx
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-08-31 12:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
***'s situational. PDT is great for stuff you won't reliably evade, physical TP moves, and anything weak enough that you can combine it with Phalanx to get damage taken into the low single digits. If you can get your evasion to a decently high rate, it is better for mitigating basic melee attacks.

It would seem that evasion would be the way to go since mitigating basic melee attacks is usually going to be your only concern, and physical TP moves not even coming into the equation during a CW burn.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-31 12:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
so....are we gunna edit in Barrier Tusk* to our spell lists when it comes out :D (now all we need is an aquaveil spell and we prolly will only need /rdm for a few things)

*note: depending on if it caps out higher than RDM Phalanx with BLUskill adding tiers like normal Phalanx

Not really. For the purpose of whisker burning normal phalanx is superior.
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 22:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
so....are we gunna edit in Barrier Tusk* to our spell lists when it comes out :D (now all we need is an aquaveil spell and we prolly will only need /rdm for a few things) *note: depending on if it caps out higher than RDM Phalanx with BLUskill adding tiers like normal Phalanx
darn...i was hoping to set it :/ */kills dream*

however.....Thunderbolt....womg...i want has D: least until they give us Fulmination and Spike Flail 96~99
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-14 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Request sticky if possible.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-14 14:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
so....are we gunna edit in Barrier Tusk* to our spell lists when it comes out :D (now all we need is an aquaveil spell and we prolly will only need /rdm for a few things) *note: depending on if it caps out higher than RDM Phalanx with BLUskill adding tiers like normal Phalanx
darn...i was hoping to set it :/ */kills dream*

however.....Thunderbolt....womg...i want has D: least until they give us Fulmination and Spike Flail 96~99
Thunderbolt is slow and only accessible every other pull, I don't see much reason to be excited about it for the purpose of CW burning.
 Sylph.Lovehatehero
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Lovehatehero 2011-09-14 15:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it mentioned. For Grauberg, I like doing the Pugils, lots of them, link by sound, pretty weak, and not much to worry about in the area.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2011-10-02 00:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if any of this information has changed/updated since the level cap increase?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-02 01:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
I was wondering if any of this information has changed/updated since the level cap increase?
Being a higher level gives you better level correction and stats as well as spell points, new spells and new gear but the purpose and ideas haven't changed any nor has the strategy. Barrier tusk and harden shell might be useful for pulling.

Notible gear I saw when I glanced through. Haven't put much thought in to if it's better or not yet but some seems to be compared to what I use currently.

Chiner's Belt
Ocelomeh Headpiece (+1)
Romanus Cape
Strophadic Earring(probably if you don't have a novio?)
Ombre Tathlum

Perhaps others can add any thing else of significance.

Edit:
There is another thread that has some mentions of new gear and such here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17573/charged-whisker/11/
 Shiva.Yasstaru
Server: Shiva
user: Yasstaru
By Shiva.Yasstaru 2011-10-07 09:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i was trying out Charged Whisker last night in Miseraux. I went to where the detector mobs are, just past the bats. I was pulling < 10 each pull. I was able to successfully pull, sleep, and getting about 4.5k on charged whisker (I am atma gimp atm).

Then, when I tried to follow up with Whirl of Rage to finish the mobs off, it very often would miss over half of the mobs. I see a lot of posts about using whirl of rage, but what do you think I need to do in order for it to not miss the mobs? My blue magic skill is ~380.

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-07 09:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Yasstaru said: »
Ok, so i was trying out Charged Whisker last night in Miseraux. I went to where the detector mobs are, just past the bats. I was pulling < 10 each pull. I was able to successfully pull, sleep, and getting about 4.5k on charged whisker (I am atma gimp atm).

Then, when I tried to follow up with Whirl of Rage to finish the mobs off, it very often would miss over half of the mobs. I see a lot of posts about using whirl of rage, but what do you think I need to do in order for it to not miss the mobs? My blue magic skill is ~380.

Thanks!
Are you wearing a staff when you whirl?

Main hand acc determines physical spell acc not blu skill.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10