Azure Lore -- A Guide To AoE Burning On Blue Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
By Xenshi 2011-07-30 06:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

well, for me personally, i blu burn for two reasons, crour and KI chests. Since they changed what key items load into chest, it's alot easier and u can simply get people to hold pops for you. RARELY will anyone turn down either free exp or crour. Also can knock out an weapon really really fast if you wanted to.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-07-30 06:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically a blu can kill about 50+ monsters in about 60 seconds or less. Exp is based on your character and not anyone elses. Amount of people in alliance is not a factor in your exp or cruor calculations.

BLU burn is good for many things. Once lights are at an acceptable level you will notice a massive difference.

For example. If I was to take an alliance to do cats in tahronghi. We would need to keep pulling constantly. Have multiple healers, and DDs and other things like that to make sure it all ran smoothly. Even then monsters are on a set repop time and will roam a bit.

A THF in theory could pull every single cat and the blu destroy them leaving them to repop about 2 mins later. While waiting on this repop you can be openning the chests which drop. (And if you kill 50 mobs then you have 50 boxes potentionally).

The boxes can have Key items, NPCable items, Cruor, exp time.

Its much much much more efficient since you can send the rest of the alliance off to farm KI's or just have them stand there and do boxes.

I'm sure you knew most of what I posted but I figured id cover it anyways for the sake of argument.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-01 21:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, thanks a lot for this thread, it's a nice collection of info and it's very helpful.

@Kaitaru:
Shiva.Xellith said:
Basically a blu can kill about 50+ monsters in about 60 seconds or less. Exp is based on your character and not anyone elses. Amount of people in alliance is not a factor in your exp or cruor calculations.

BLU burn is good for many things. Once lights are at an acceptable level you will notice a massive difference.

For example. If I was to take an alliance to do cats in tahronghi. We would need to keep pulling constantly. Have multiple healers, and DDs and other things like that to make sure it all ran smoothly. Even then monsters are on a set repop time and will roam a bit.

A THF in theory could pull every single cat and the blu destroy them leaving them to repop about 2 mins later. While waiting on this repop you can be openning the chests which drop. (And if you kill 50 mobs then you have 50 boxes potentionally).

The boxes can have Key items, NPCable items, Cruor, exp time.

Its much much much more efficient since you can send the rest of the alliance off to farm KI's or just have them stand there and do boxes.

I'm sure you knew most of what I posted but I figured id cover it anyways for the sake of argument.
this, pretty much.
Along with the fact that you have way more control over every single factor you need to have, except luck with what is in the chests, of course.
You can decide when you do it, where you go (do you have all aby zones or only a few) and what mobs you will be killing.
Furthermore, you have the option to decide what you are actually wanting there, if it's only exp and/or cruor or augmented items or just TEs to farm something completely different later on.
It's completely your choise.
Also, once you have accumulated enough time inside of abyssea, you can play the game as if you wouldn't have the limited time in those areas. You can take breaks, watch movie(s), do the household, homework, go shopping even or sleep (given you have farmed enough time lol).

And all of this is also pretty effective because you're the person who decides which lights you want or don't want. In exp alliances you always have ppl who can't work together or just can't play well whatsoever (those douches who love to ruby everything by WSing at 10% and below when you don't have enough other lights to back that up).

So all in all, you have way more flexibility with blu solo-burning (or with a few helpers) and can do things way more efficiently than if you rely on big groups.
That being said, it's nothing to spend your whole time withbecause that's kinda not the point of an MMORPG. ^^
But it's useful in many ways.

To the guide:
I don't know if this has been just overlooked or if it doesn't matter much but it says Magic Fruit as healing spell in your guide.
Now, I know that it's a very efficient cure spell but wouldn't be Plenilune Embrace a much better spell to get your HP up with, due to the whole situation? You don't have mp-issues that much that you need a more efficient cure but you can certainly use the MAB this spell gives you, to maximize dmg-output.
I like to use it when I arrive at my cleaving spot and after sleeping the mobs, cure up (and add MAB) and then use the other spells to weaken INT, use drink etc.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-01 21:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if it's just me, but I hate using plenilune embrace because I always get a slight stunned effect when it casts :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 21:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cures aren't really a requirement, but I'll add Magic Fruit to the guide for posterity.

Edit: After rereading the spell section, it seems I do have Fruit listed already. Soooo
By attilas 2011-08-01 21:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont like it too. Used for a month then decided to get back to Magic Fruit. Magic Fruit have a lower cast time and much lower recast.

You can almost throw 3 magic fruit by the time you casted 2 Plenilune and people doesn't see that annoying spotlight over their head each time you cast it on them !!
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-02 23:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

attilas said:
Dont like it too. Used for a month then decided to get back to Magic Fruit. Magic Fruit have a lower cast time and much lower recast.

You can almost throw 3 magic fruit by the time you casted 2 Plenilune and people doesn't see that annoying spotlight over their head each time you cast it on them !!

Well, I wasn't talking about general situations or when you need to cure other ppl. It is simply regarding solo/low-man cleave, where you don't need this effective cure.
Magic Fruit is practially useless, unless you have to cure-spam yourself or other ppl, for some reason.
Whereas PE adds a certain amount of MAB, which is what you want when cleaving, I thought.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-02 23:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Magic Fruit is practially useless

get out
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-08-03 01:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:

get out
This.
Also, if it doesn't stack with the ascetic's tonic/memento mori, then what use does it have? <.<
I also don't like plembrace cause of it's mp cost. :s
edit: im stupid and realized this is for AoE burning when mp isnt really an issue and didn't know if drink/mab from plembrace stacked (so dont sue me on that. D: )
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-03 01:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:

get out
This.
Also, if it doesn't stack with the ascetic's tonic/memento mori, then what use does it have? <.<
I also don't like plembrace cause of it's mp cost. :s
The howl sound effect totally makes it worth it though obv
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-03 01:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

the howl is the only good part
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-03 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:

get out

I was more looking for some helpful statements for or against PE but I guess it's due to lack of knowledge or failing to read posts in their entirety, that things like this come as a response (even though, I've explained how it works and when to use it, twice).

Plus, I've never said that Magic Fruit was a bad cure (for any other situation than AoE burning).

I only try to help to make this guide (which is pretty good already) better. And if PE is a valid choise due to its MAB, I think it should be added over Magic Fruit or at least be mentioned as what it is and what it does.

Using one or the other doesn't make this much of a difference, I will admit this much. But ppl who are rather new to the job or new to AoE burning or simply just want to perfect their play-style might be interested in all facts.
Being lazy is ok and, like I said, the benefits might not be much but they are still there.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-08-04 08:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was more looking for some helpful statements for or against PE but I guess it's due to lack of knowledge or failing to read posts in their entirety, that things like this come as a response (even though, I've explained how it works and when to use it, twice).

It's been said above. Cast time AND recast time for magic fruit are both lower, and you can cure more HP over time with the spell. Then there's the issue of being less MP to cast. Less spell points to equip. I think all of these have been mentioned already, and they're all helpful statements about why they're better than PE.

I only try to help to make this guide (which is pretty good already) better. And if PE is a valid choise due to its MAB, I think it should be added over Magic Fruit or at least be mentioned as what it is and what it does.

What does MAB even matter in this situation?

Whisker + Whirl + Plenuline Embrace = dead mobs.
Whisker + Whirl = dead mobs.

Unless you just have an enormous raging *** for how much damage you do with charged whisker, why would you even bother buffing with PE prior to CW? When you get the wall of text after all the mobs die, the damage scrolls off the screen anyway. Do you really scroll back up to see how much you did after each kill, or do it the right way and ignore it in favor of starting the rebuff cycle for the next pull? If the MAB boost from PE is the decisive factor on whether or not the mobs die, then you should probably stop burning and go improve your gear first.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-08-04 08:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:
Whisker + Whirl + Plenuline Embrace = dead mobs
wut

Plenilune embrace is Magic Fruit +100 (+cure potency), for 34 more MP. It also has a longer cast time and recast. The MAB effect for it varies with the moon, making it irregular, and memento mori tops it even at its best.

In laymans terms, one Plenilune vs one Fruit will do more to prevent you dying, but if you need more than one of either, Magic Fruit will save you more often, and for less MP.

In burning situations, you're only going to need a cure AFTER you've pulled mobs, except you're better off sleeping/killing mobs instead of standing there trying to cure yourself. I NEVER cure myself until every mob is dead, there's simply no need. This means that the only way you'd be gaining a boost from Plenilune for your aoe spells is if you're casting it on yourself with full health, which actually means you're tossing 60MP down the drain for a gimper version of Memento Mori.

The ONLY time I would ever suggest using Pleniline for ANYTHING, is if for some stupid reason you find yourself main healing as blu. And even then, if magic fruit can't cover your needs, get a better tank, because the one you have is an idiot.

Edit: I should read your whole post before replying.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-04 09:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:
It's been said above. Cast time AND recast time for magic fruit are both lower, and you can cure more HP over time with the spell. Then there's the issue of being less MP to cast. Less spell points to equip. I think all of these have been mentioned already, and they're all helpful statements about why they're better than PE.

Try to read posts before replying, pretty please. I've said tons of times that PE isn't nessesarily the best cure for AoE burning. You also fail to understand that when you don't need mp and when you don't need to cure spam, then you rather need stats to kill faster/more effectively.

Cerberus.Kaht said:
What does MAB even matter in this situation?

Whisker + Whirl + Plenuline Embrace = dead mobs.
Whisker + Whirl = dead mobs.

Unless you just have an enormous raging *** for how much damage you do with charged whisker, why would you even bother buffing with PE prior to CW? When you get the wall of text after all the mobs die, the damage scrolls off the screen anyway. Do you really scroll back up to see how much you did after each kill, or do it the right way and ignore it in favor of starting the rebuff cycle for the next pull? If the MAB boost from PE is the decisive factor on whether or not the mobs die, then you should probably stop burning and go improve your gear first.

According to this, you practically also say that gearing for the CW is idiotic since you won't need MAB and 2-shot everything always.
And it's not for the epeen, it's for improving yourself as much as possible and if PE is a way to increase your nuke dmg, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Would you toss both earrings or af3+ +2 hands or feet just because you "should" do enough dmg anyway? I don't think so.
Please.. There has been nothing productive coming from you so far.
Up to -15MAB for a better cure when you don't need it?

I certainly see, however, that it's situational, but so is artemis' medal. Do you not use it because of that?

To Blazza: As I've stated in a previous post, I usually use PE once I've slept mob and before buffing/debuffing and using CW finally.
This helps, imo, if you have this odd resist or some lvl'ed mobs that just take a bit less dmg. if you don't cure up before your CW, you might even end up dieing if you don't kill all.
I just like to be safe than sorry though.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-08-04 09:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Fruit + Memento Mori. Only slightly more MP cost than a single PE, but you end up with a higher amount of MAB. Memento Mori also counts towards MAB trait (although so does Dream Flower/Sound Blast, Sound Blast being a good spell to use if you're not quite killing things). The other advantage is that if you're not hurt, you don't need to cast Magic Fruit, so you end up much better off for time taken, MP used and MAB gained.

Each to their own, but Magic Fruit out-weighs Plenilune Embrace left right and centre.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-04 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Magic Fruit + Memento Mori. Only slightly more MP cost than a single PE, but you end up with a higher amount of MAB. Memento Mori also counts towards MAB trait (although so does Dream Flower/Sound Blast, Sound Blast being a good spell to use if you're not quite killing things). The other advantage is that if you're not hurt, you don't need to cast Magic Fruit, so you end up much better off for time taken, MP used and MAB gained.

Each to their own, but Magic Fruit out-weighs Plenilune Embrace left right and centre.

Yea, that's indeed just personal preferance anyway. If you like to set the better cure spell, because you feel like not needing the extra MAB (when you dont have drinks available, since PE+drink stacks and Memento+drink doesn't) that's ok.
But I wouldn't go as far and say Magic Fruit is always superior, since it isn't.

I'm mainly just trying to point out that PE has a place and if you use it or not, that's up to you.
You also always have to take into account that not everyone has all the best already by default. Some lack an earring, some lack a +2 upgrade etc. And PE can make up for just that.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-08-04 12:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to read posts before replying, pretty please. I've said tons of times that PE isn't nessesarily the best cure for AoE burning. You also fail to understand that when you don't need mp and when you don't need to cure spam, then you rather need stats to kill faster/more effectively.

I've read your entire post. What I understand is that you don't need to waste blue skill points or mp or time to cast PE to improve your nukes. You can spend next to nothing on a set of CW gear and kill the mobs with 1 whirl of rage, and 1 charged whisker. My point is that it's completely unnecessary to use PE 100% of the time unless your character is so un-atma'd and so undergeared that the mab from PE is the decisive factor in killing the mobs, or not killing the mobs. If this is the case, stop burning right now and go get a cheap set of gear, and most importantly get Lion/Blinding Horn atmas. I think it's a good idea to keep a cure spell on hand, but that cure spell will never be PE.

According to this, you practically also say that gearing for the CW is idiotic since you won't need MAB and 2-shot everything always.
And it's not for the epeen, it's for improving yourself as much as possible and if PE is a way to increase your nuke dmg, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Would you toss both earrings or af3+ +2 hands or feet just because you "should" do enough dmg anyway? I don't think so.

I certainly see, however, that it's situational, but so is artemis' medal. Do you not use it because of that?

Gearing specifically for CW? Yeah, I don't see a point in it. I already have Cuchulain's Belt for CDC, so why should I get a thiazi's belt for 1 more dex that isn't going to make a difference. The same with Aias Bonnet, Loki's, Nifty Mantle, etc. Someone pointed out above that Teal body was doing slightly more damage than Loki's. But is that worth an inventory slot? A dead mob is a dead mob, whether you killed it with Loki's or Teal body - and in both circumstances it's going to take the exact same amount of spells regardless of which armor you're using.

Additionally, I've mentioned it in this thread a few times already, but I don't even use Ultimate atma when I CW burn. Why? Because the mobs still die from whirl + whisker when I use MM instead. When I use MM I don't have to sift through blue boxes or use temp items to recover my MP, ever. You said above about needing stats to kill faster and more effectively - that's exactly what I'm doing is going for the most effective method. I don't waste time casting PE prior to a nuke. Half the time I don't use Memento Mori either - cause it's just a waste of time. The mobs die w/o it, so what's the point? I don't waste time with processes to get back my MP since MM's refresh takes care of it.

Try it yourself next time - you'd be surprised how overcomplicated a lot of people make CW burning out to be.
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-08-04 12:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:

I've read your entire post. What I understand is that you don't need to waste blue skill points or mp or time to cast PE to improve your nukes. You can spend next to nothing on a set of CW gear and kill the mobs with 1 whirl of rage, and 1 charged whisker. My point is that it's completely unnecessary to use PE 100% of the time unless your character is so un-atma'd and so undergeared that the mab from PE is the decisive factor in killing the mobs, or not killing the mobs. If this is the case, stop burning right now and go get a cheap set of gear, and most importantly get Lion/Blinding Horn atmas. I think it's a good idea to keep a cure spell on hand, but that cure spell will never be PE.

Gearing specifically for CW? Yeah, I don't see a point in it. I already have Cuchulain's Belt for CDC, so why should I get a thiazi's belt for 1 more dex that isn't going to make a difference. The same with Aias Bonnet, Loki's, Nifty Mantle, etc. Someone pointed out above that Teal body was doing slightly more damage than Loki's. But is that worth an inventory slot? A dead mob is a dead mob, whether you killed it with Loki's or Teal body - and in both circumstances it's going to take the exact same amount of spells regardless of which armor you're using.

Additionally, I've mentioned it in this thread a few times already, but I don't even use Ultimate atma when I CW burn. Why? Because the mobs still die from whirl + whisker when I use MM instead. When I use MM I don't have to sift through blue boxes or use temp items to recover my MP, ever. You said above about needing stats to kill faster and more effectively - that's exactly what I'm doing is going for the most effective method. I don't waste time casting PE prior to a nuke. Half the time I don't use Memento Mori either - cause it's just a waste of time. The mobs die w/o it, so what's the point? I don't waste time with processes to get back my MP since MM's refresh takes care of it.

Try it yourself next time - you'd be surprised how overcomplicated a lot of people make CW burning out to be.

I didn't go through the entire thread but just reading this is enough for me. If you're going to CW and don't know how, just listen to what he is saying - cause it works the same for me.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-04 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:

Lmao. Well, all you are saying points into the direction that you only kill one type of mobs all the time and certainly never experience resists or lvl'ed mobs or the lack of gear/atmas.
None of anything you stated had anything to do with the issue at hand either if you are saying gear/atmas are moot.
Why respond if you don't try to make it as good as possible anyway?
Being lazy and not caring is easy but I don't think that threads like this are about that.

I beg you to just not give a statement anymore with no experience whatsoever. And burning detectors only is not experience in my book, they are too weak, even for ppl with the worst gear/atmas.

Besides, if you are all set with your stuff and can kill some mobs that easily without all atmas and decent gear, that's fine for you. However, that doesn't give you the right to generalize things and make it valid for every situation and for every player.

I'm personally set with my stuff also, be it atmas or gear but I use PE anyway, since I've absolutely no use for an mp-efficient and fast cure when burning.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-08-04 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

None of anything you stated had anything to do with the issue at hand either if you are saying gear/atmas are moot.

For someone that *** about people not reading or comprehending your posts, you certainly don't pick up very much from the replies people post.

Cerberus.Kaht said:
My point is that it's completely unnecessary to use PE 100% of the time unless your character is so un-atma'd and so undergeared that the mab from PE is the decisive factor in killing the mobs, or not killing the mobs. If this is the case, stop burning right now and go get a cheap set of gear, and most importantly get Lion/Blinding Horn atmas. I think it's a good idea to keep a cure spell on hand, but that cure spell will never be PE.

I beg you to just not give a statement anymore with no experience whatsoever. And burning detectors only is not experience in my book, they are too weak, even for ppl with the worst gear/atmas.

Not sure where you got the idea that all I burn is detectors. I'll give you a D- for a poor attempt at an insult tho. While we're on the topic of poor insults; sweet Badelaire, bro.

Why respond if you don't try to make it as good as possible anyway? Being lazy and not caring is easy but I don't think that threads like this are about that.

I guess you and I have different perspectives on what "as good as possible" is. When I CW burn, I kill the mobs as fast as possible so that my linkshell maximizes KIs from chests in the shortest amount of time.

It's apparent from your posts that when you CW burn, you like to see the biggest, shiniest, "goodest as possible" numbers. Had you said that from the beginning this whole conversation could have been avoided.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-04 17:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really tired of argueing with ppl who just poke around the real topic and never bring anything up that is of any importance.
I do read your posts but you really don't seem to realize that nothing you say has anything to do with what is being discussed.

If your ways work for you, it's fine. It doesn't for everyone though and chosing the worst possible gear/atmas is certainly nothing I would do, that I agree with.
It's not about the dmg either, as I stated a couple of times already (hence your fail in reading), but it's about security (to make sure things die).

But it's pointless to argue with ppl who aren't capable of understanding simple facts, aparently.

I'll try to sum it up again, however. Maybe too many words confuse you.
2 cures available, none of them is mandatory.
MF = no benefits but fast/effective cures, else no point whatsoever.
PE = gives MAB if you need it.

It is not about using either all the time but admitting that PE has a place.

If you don't understand, I'm sorry.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-08-04 18:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

since PE+drink stacks
Um... no they don't >.>

Drink overwrites Embrace.

Edit: I can provide the uncropped images and additional testing if you don't believe me and are too lazy to test it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-04 18:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If plenilune embrace's magic attack boost was worth anything it would be in the guide. Its reliability on moon phase and the fact that it's overpowered by every effect that's stronger than it, (almost every single magic attack buff out there), makes it far less useful than you're letting on. For curing, magic fruit is far more efficient per cure than embrace can ever be.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-04 18:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
since PE+drink stacks
Um... no they don't >.>

Drink overwrites Embrace.

Edit: I can provide the uncropped images and additional testing if you don't believe me and are too lazy to test it.

Not like I don't believe you (I can certainly be wrong) but I would, indeed, like some tests with numbers (same buffs/moon phase with and without PE) to see if PE doesn't stack with anything.
If that's the case, then this whole argument is void anyway and I shall thank you for enlighten me.

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Its reliability on moon phase and the fact that it's overpowered by every effect that's stronger than it, (almost every single magic attack buff out there), makes it far less useful than you're letting on.

Like I said, if PE doesn't stack, it's useless to begin with, for anything. Bringing up the bolded part as evidence is kinda hypocritical though, if you're advising ppl to use Artemis' Medal in the gear sets.
Not saying that you are wrong about PE (if it indeed doesn't stack with anything) but it's not a good point to bring up either.

Edit: Tests not with same buffs, obviously, but same moon phase only. One test with drink only and one with drink+PE, as welll as one with memento mori only and one with memento mori+PE.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-05 16:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fact of the matter is Artemis Medal is a space saver and is almost always useful. You shouldn't need instruction to dictate when to use a DEX necklace over it. Plenilune embrace is not, and it does not stack with other magic attack buffs.
 Valefor.Sylvr
user: Sylvr
By Valefor.Sylvr 2011-08-05 23:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking about space savers and time efficiency and all that stuff, then it might be worth mentioning that with a good enough CW set, you don't need Whirl at all. You can leave your STR set in your mog house and kill faster to boot. So saying that a crappy CW set is just as efficient as a good one is false.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-05 23:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sylvr said:
So saying that a crappy CW set is just as efficient as a good one is false.

Who said this? The rest I can agree with. Even if Plenilune's MATK buff was worth it, why would you need it to begin with unless you were very, very far behind average gear?
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-06 00:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Even if Plenilune's MATK buff was worth it, why would you need it to begin with unless you were very, very far behind average gear?

Let's assume it does stack, best case, that would add more MAB than the earrings you "should" use.
Would you just not use those either, just because you're cool?

I mean, what kind of argumentation is that, seriously?

Some of you really make it sound like you just put on some random gear with absolutely no stats for CW and then also use melee atmas and still do 20k dmg and 1-shot everything regardless.

It certainly doesn't matter if or if not PE provides some extra dmg, I know to me it doesn't anymore, because it apears that ppl aren't open for criticism anyway.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10