Azure Lore -- A Guide To AoE Burning On Blue Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-29 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
How much dex do you need to offset 10 magic attack bonus?
It varies based on how much mab you have but you can use the magic damage equation to figure out what is going to win(though whisker is a bit special in that it has a large dINT and a dex mod as well). Or you can test the situation manually if math isn't your thing. Just remember that the dex mod is affected heavily by BA so if you whisker without BA up, dex is not going to be as valuable especially if you use the empy +2 boots.

Proth can probably shed a little light on the exact ratio, but this ^ is exactly why DEX sets generally beat MAB sets for CW. And I can't see a reason why you wouldn't be using BA and +2 feet if you are bothering with CW. I always had 2 sets for common BLU nukes, one for BA and one without, since the way you gear the spell changed pretty significantly. Or at least it did pre-SoA gear and magic adjustments.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By Luthiene 2013-11-15 11:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

To obtain the effect of "Enhances Burst Affinity" from Mavi Feet +2, Do I need to equip them only when using Burst Affinity or also while casting the spell?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-11-15 11:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought it was only when using BA, but later learned it was the latter. It was probably discussed in this thread or another.
By Luthiene 2013-11-21 08:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are correct, Dannyl, I assume that the same applies for Enhances Chain affinity?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-25 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
If you are correct, Dannyl, I assume that the same applies for Enhances Chain affinity?

Yes
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-25 14:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

all of BLU's empyrean pieces (same goes for almost every job) need to be equipped during the spell/ability/whatever to gain the enhancement.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
By aiyah4la84 2014-03-23 20:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this info still good or are there better spells and setups now?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-23 22:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearsets are very out of date but the concept is still the same. There's not a huge need to update this as even a low tier set will take care of mobs in one shot and this is pretty easy to gear for now especially with ilvl stat vomit on everything. Hagondes will likely fill most of the slots if you feel like throwing enough gil at it to get augments but it's not even necessary.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-23 22:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

oh damn. post is so old that it's using item sets that need to be refreshed to show the correct gear. i was confused as *** since none of the item sets I have on my account look like that anymore lmao. I don't even know if I want to fix it, it's like staring into the past and it's *** magical
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-24 06:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you probably don't even need to use magical blue spells to cleave the things you would cleave anymore. with that ilvl "stat vomit" you can probably just cleave everything with physical spells and not worry about getting hit because of crazy evasion.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2014-05-06 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I still find that against fodder mobs or any mob DC or lower blue magical spells are far more effective than physical, especially Tem. Upheaval and embalming earth. AoE physical spells cant come close to the damage of magical with proper amounts of m.att gear. And if mobs are aspirable, magic hammer = limitless MP, as it will refill you to full every time.

Magical blue burn still has its place for abby burn for merits, solo job point farming, ADL pop set farming etc. Once mobs are VT or higher (maybe Even match but I have not seen an even match mob in forever, they are all either EP/DC or VT/IT+) then blu magic effectiveness drops way down.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-06 18:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried AoE burning in SoA zones and I get more CP/hour just killing higher level mobs one at a time in full DD trim.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2014-05-06 18:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it may depend on how much m.att and magic damage+ you have before the cutoff of magic being more efficient than physical happens.
Odin.Jassik said: »
I've tried AoE burning in SoA zones and I get more CP/hour just killing higher level mobs one at a time in full DD trim.

What mobs are you killing solo in SoA zones?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-06 18:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I think it may depend on how much m.att and magic damage+ you have before the cutoff of magic being more efficient than physical happens.

I tried frogs in foret and raptors in morimar. The biggest problem with doing higher level mobs is surviving a pull worth AoE killing.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-07 07:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »

I tried frogs in foret and raptors in morimar. The biggest problem with doing higher level mobs is surviving a pull worth AoE killing.

Gather the mobs is PDT/EVA gear (enough to cap eva) with Occulation/Stokeskin/Cocoon/Phalanx/Aquaveil up. You can get about 20-40 mobs in certain areas before it becomes an issue, depending on gear you have. When you get to the destination you want to AOE: #1) Dream Flower 2) CA/Efflux (but don't cast yet) #3) UL - BA Thunderbolt #4) Immediately Charged Whisker/or other strong AOE while they are still stunned #5) Temp Upheaval (its a quick cast) - for me this typically finishes them all, but if your gear is a little weaker then #6) WOR (that's what the CA/Efflux was for - but you don't spend seconds using since its already ready to go) #7) Temp Upheaval again (or Enbalming earth).

Best area (IMO) is MR #2 (gather butterfly,frog,pugs,and move to colibri if possible) but if you your eva set isn't that strong, try frogs/pugils in Foret north of the Frontier Station first.

Sometimes I will gather all butterflies/frogs/pugs and sleep them on the bridge, quick rebuffs and grab the birds/pugs/beastmen and drag them over to the sleeping group then start the AOE kill fest.

Chain 40 x120-ish CP 4800 per 5-6 min isn't bad and double CP almost makes it bearable to farm points.

One note: typically I will have the healing NMs out and engage one mob (after sleeping them all) before I start AOE's. This allows for some error/lag as they cure bomb pretty well.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-07 08:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

like i said, with 3 trusts in full dd mode on mobs in gates i was killing nearly 20 mobs every 5 minutes anyway, no downtime, almost 40k per hour during the campaign, i can't imagine beating that with aoe's.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-07 08:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You understand that 80k-100k is a fair amount more than 40k right?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-07 08:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Chain 40 x120-ish CP 4800 per 5-6min

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
You understand that 80k-100k is a fair amount more than 40k right?

48k-57.6k per/hr is what you are actually pulling with your method. It's beyond great in of itself. However, it's not 80-100k unless you're factoring double CP campaign.

edit: nvmd me I see what you were referring to in Jassik's post.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-07 11:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

He said 40k during campaign, so that's the way I figured
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [143 days between previous and next post]
By Nazrious 2014-09-27 01:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This should really be updated even if only totl throw subduction n Nesbuhstan(sharur) club in.
By Luthiene 2014-10-24 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried to do what Doctorugh posted and failed miserably. However, I do not have augmented Hagondes set, just thought I'd give it a shot. My CW were doing approximately 2K and subduction was doing 1K. Are those numbers even remotely close to what I should be achieving? I tried with a Usonmunku, but I am guessing a MAB club is better? Or is there an iLVL Staff BLU can use?

Also, how do I gear for CW? Do I prioritise DEX, INT, or MAB? Or better yet, could someone post their Subduction and CW sets for me to have some sort of guide to follow?
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-25 02:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be using 2 clubs. Try Homestead Wands if you cant get delve clubs. Each Hagondes piece can get upwards of +30 MAB IN ADDITION to the MAB already present on them, so do try to get that because it makes a monumental difference. Subduction should be doing close to 3-4k with the right gear and traits.

Use CW with Burst Affinity also.

My Subduction set isn't perfect but I use:

<ammo>Dosis Tathlum</ammo>
<body>Hagondes Coat +1</body>
<hands>Hagondes Cuffs +1</hands>
<feet>Weath. Souliers +1</feet>
<rear>Friomisi Earring</rear>
<legs>Hagondes Pants +1</legs>
<waist>Yamabuki-no-obi</waist>
<back>Cornflower Cape</back>
<head>Hagondes Hat +1</head>
<neck>Eddy Necklace</neck>
<lear>Crematio Earring</lear>
<lring>Acumen Ring</lring>
<rring>Strendu Ring</rring>

I use 2x Gabaxorea clubs too.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-25 08:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to buy yourself a couple extra Subductions before you get attacked, use UL - Thunderbolt (long stun and similar damage to CW.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Luthiene 2014-11-25 11:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a random question, can all pieces of Hagondes +1 be augmented with MAB or only the pieces that already have it? Coz I've tried with about 4 stacks of +1 stones so far on the feet and I seem to only keep getting augments for pets (and yes, I got mab for pets on them).
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-25 11:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 4 MAB that I got using a NQ stone on the feet. Went through 3 1/2 stacks of +1 stones obtained from mog pells and not a single MAB aug on the body. Gotta love RNG..
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-11-25 12:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Just a random question, can all pieces of Hagondes +1 be augmented with MAB or only the pieces that already have it? Coz I've tried with about 4 stacks of +1 stones so far on the feet and I seem to only keep getting augments for pets (and yes, I got mab for pets on them).
It's definitely possible to augment all pieces with MAB Luth, but unfortunately you just have to keep trying :(
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-11-26 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how much MAB you want on those pieces also :) Took me 16 stacks of +1 for 4 pieces with MAB, grabbed Weatherspoon+1 feet (12 MAB) as starter, Manabyss Pigaches (18 MAB) upgrade too :)
 Siren.Strawhat
Server: Siren
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2014-11-30 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What's better for Subduction, Magic atk bonus or Magic dmg? trying to choose 1 for 115 wkr club
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-08 23:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-09 00:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throwing in my opinion I love blu and burning some merits on it for a change of pace with different jobs.

You really do not need full hagondas or +1 I used just basic 109 af and relic mixed with augmented diamond rings hectatets and moldy earrings I am sorry if I butchered the spelling. But this was sufficient to successfully stay in abysea forever if you wanted to burn up friends jobs or your alts
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10