Azure Lore -- A Guide To AoE Burning On Blue Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-10 11:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Athos Chapeau is great for straight up magical spells.
It's really not.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-10-10 12:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Athos is far inferior to Oce, and I see zero reason to ever use an inferior spell over Charged Whisker.

reread
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-10 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still failing to see the point
 Pandemonium.Spagnutty
Server: Pandemonium
user: spagnutty
By Pandemonium.Spagnutty 2012-10-24 15:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a safe level to start trying this? Or is it best to wait until 99 and just use it for merits and farming?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-10-24 15:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spagnutty said: »
What's a safe level to start trying this? Or is it best to wait until 99 and just use it for merits and farming?
Not sure if sooner is viable but 95 was when I started and was able to 1 shot with decent gear and relevant atma.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Ninjie
Server: Phoenix
user: ninjie
By Phoenix.Ninjie 2012-12-09 02:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking specifically for outside of abyssea, would a dex build or MAB build win out for Charged Whiskers?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-01-28 22:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

awsome guide btw! thanks!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Lordviper
user: Lordviper
By Phoenix.Lordviper 2013-04-22 07:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

would there be any benefit to using 2 MAB Shikagar instead of the staff
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-22 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely not.
[+]
By Voren 2013-05-04 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's been said already, my bad, just didn't see it, and tbh only read about 5 pages.

To reiterate Sekundes, Jupiter's Staff > 2 MAB Shikargar during burns.

However, I do suggest at least 1 MAB sword for helping with getting amber lights since mab and int are mods on sanguine blade. This isn't so much for HP return as it is helping with killing faster, but other than that, if' you're not taking BLU completely serious and need the inv space, skip it.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-05-04 14:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
If it's been said already, my bad, just didn't see it, and tbh only read about 5 pages.

However, I do suggest at least 1 MAB sword for helping with getting amber lights since mab and int are mods on sanguine blade. This isn't so much for HP return as it is helping with killing faster, but other than that, if' you're not taking BLU completely serious and need the inv space, skip it.

MAB Shikargar is a complete and utter waste of time. If its amber lights you need, just use Atma of MM + from the many magic attack bonus atmas out there (Hell's Guardian, Ultimate, Beyond...)
By Voren 2013-05-04 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Voren said: »

MAB Shikargar is a complete and utter waste of time. If its amber lights you need, just use Atma of MM + from the many magic attack bonus atmas out there (Hell's Guardian, Ultimate, Beyond...)

I simply set up my burns differently then. I start off using Apoc, MM, and RR when going for lights. The extra crit and trip atk is nice when whittling mobs down before the final ws. Why would I want to trade out one of those, especially when I can use that atma set up for building all lights, then change atmas to burn? Use mab sword to boost sb a bit and profit, I find it faster, plus the mab sword is fast to make and you get 30+ geodes while doing the trials. I spent about 30k on geodes and shivites to finish. Other than this I'd not recommend the mab sword as it's out classed by almost every other sword there is with comparable dmg.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
By jayponry 2013-07-13 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

attempting to try to burn as blue mage taru... and having somewhat limited success.. the best I can get is about 5600.... and that is with ascetics tonic and enervation.. this isn't enough to kill them after wor...and once they turn into DC.. its deathga for the taru...

sooo im thinkin about switching some of my gear... is DEX > MAB? and if it isn't what is the ratio that works here? IE does dex=mab ie dex+10 = MAB +10? or is it dex +10 = mab +5 or what is the ratio? I m thinking about trying to spam botulux rex to get the athos tabard instead of using morrigans robe but besides that I have pretty much top of the line gear that I can get....

Also, I know that WOR requires sword... would it do more damage if both swords are equipped or that doesn't matter? Trying to figure out how to boost either my wor or CW damage..... (and yes im using the macros just how the guide says.... CA, efflux WOR then dream flower.. then ennerv and CA CW..... Would using stalwarts or bravers drink before WOR do any more damage?

Thanks for any specific advise or tweaks that can be recommended..
 Shiva.Gansito
Server: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-07-13 12:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I never kill them in one CW. I usually do Thunderbolt which also stuns then and gives me a chance to use charge whisker and then switch of to sword and whirl of rage. That usually kills them
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-13 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what atmas/gear set you using 5600 is on the low end
By jayponry 2013-07-13 19:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lion, blinding horn, and ultimate.. gear is
head seikona beret
body morrigans
neck stoichleon medal
ranged thunder satchet
staff chatoyants
hands mavi +2
waist artful +1
back nifty
rings thundersoul X2
earrigs Hecate and strophadic
legs akasha chaps
feet mavi +2
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-13 19:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

moar Dex, assuming you're using burst affinity.
By jayponry 2013-07-14 01:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

U have

specific
swap recommendations
?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-09 07:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone attempt to Blu cleave Skirmish? Also whats the new standard in Cleave gear? Thinking CW and Whirling Rage setups would own with a few blus low manning Skirmish.
By itchi508 2013-09-09 08:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

CW be something like this, i havent actually done CW since before SoA realease so no clue how potent spells are hitting. Im sure 2x blu CW though would 1shot large waves in skirmish. Problably swop to hagondes hands/hat when you get a viable MaB Aug.
ItemSet 246170
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-09 08:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
CW be something like this, i havent actually done CW since before SoA realease so no clue how potent spells are hitting. Im sure 2x blu CW though would 1shot large waves in skirmish. Problably swop to hagondes hands/hat when you get a viable MaB Aug.
ItemSet 246170

Thanks been doing a lot of skirmish and started to think Blu cleaving should be an easy way of doing it seeing what other aoeing classes are doing atm.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-09-09 08:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive done blu CW for a long time with mostly aby+2 gear and AH gear and its always worked just fine. So I'm rly interested to see how the new Hagondes 5/5 set would preform.
By itchi508 2013-09-09 09:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
itchi508 said: »
ItemSet 246170

Thanks been doing a lot of skirmish and started to think Blu cleaving should be an easy way of doing it seeing what other aoeing classes are doing atm.
I've done 5/5/5 with 2x War Cleaving, bring blms they are very useful as i usually blm and do 6-9k thundaja's.
blu is very well rounded and great for skirmish.
Id go 2war (2blm or 2blu) whm brd
 Phoenix.Hotaruu
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Hotaruu 2013-09-25 07:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With a full set up with Ascetic's Tonic, BA, and Fantod coupled with my gear of full Shneddick (Because I've yet to go into Yorcia sadly) I'm nailing mobs for around 5-6k damage depending on what atma I have selected.

Typically my atma are

Hell's Guardian
MM for refresh
Lion

It's actually not that bad tbh, I also like to use other things like UL and then Thunderbolt to stun the mobs (To prevent additional damage during the pull thanks to stun) and then I just mop up with CW.

While I wait for UL to become available again, I typically use other AoE couple with either a HQ Chat staff or just a normal HQ staff, such as Vulcan's for Thermal Pulse, or Austere's for Leafstorm.

Then again it all comes down to what mobs you are fighting, but I typically nail leeches since they have a weakness to lightning and my first combo typically wipes them all out in no time flat.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-09-29 08:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Have experience points for Whisker Burns/FC's been nerfed? I've been trying to level my duo and no matter how many mobs I kill at one time, I only get exp for 8 of them. I've tried this in Mis Coast raptors and La Theine frogs with same result.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-29 08:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always been capped at 8.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-09-29 08:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How much dex do you need to offset 10 magic attack bonus?
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-09-29 08:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
It's always been capped at 8.

I need to be more observive, never noticed that before.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-29 08:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
How much dex do you need to offset 10 magic attack bonus?
It varies based on how much mab you have but you can use the magic damage equation to figure out what is going to win(though whisker is a bit special in that it has a large dINT and a dex mod as well). Or you can test the situation manually if math isn't your thing. Just remember that the dex mod is affected heavily by BA so if you whisker without BA up, dex is not going to be as valuable especially if you use the empy +2 boots.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10