Azure Lore -- A Guide To AoE Burning On Blue Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-23 17:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty easy to clear inventory for cleaving for me. Nice update there, I was meaning to merit enhancing now that enfeeble/ele lost a lot of appeal. Also, the burried god is extremely easy. Can trio it RDM BLU WHM consistently and all the NMs in there can be done RDM + BLU. I'm like 0/5 tho -_-, everyone else got a pair and stopped doing it lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-23 17:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if BLU can solo some of the box NMs
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-23 18:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Yeah, not fun. :< Having trouble with the sash too (for stoneskin). Finished a whole ochain without getting it D:

Wow, you poor thing. We went 1/1 and we weren't even going for it.

Nightfyre's post does make me sad that I'll have to now go fight Raja and that f'ing Leviathan again, but oh well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-23 20:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Pretty easy to clear inventory for cleaving for me. Nice update there, I was meaning to merit enhancing now that enfeeble/ele lost a lot of appeal. Also, the burried god is extremely easy. Can trio it RDM BLU WHM consistently and all the NMs in there can be done RDM + BLU. I'm like 0/5 tho -_-, everyone else got a pair and stopped doing it lol.
Was actually looking at the pop NMs for this earlier, does Delta Thrust work on Ga'Lhu Nevermolt?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-24 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen Delta thrust work on any NMs yet. :\
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-06-06 13:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

with the atmas primarly being Magic Atk. Bonus for lightning (on CW) what would be more effective equipment wise, INT+ or Magic Atk. Bonus+
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-06 13:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lightning potency =/= MAB

And the answer is MAB/DEX. Pretty sure there's been some builds posted in here, if not there's another thread about CW.
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2011-06-10 17:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone in the process of getting an OAT 2-4 Sword this guide couldn't come at a better time. Thank you for all your work, effort and time taken to put this together to make it easier for the rest of us to hit the ground running! I did around 10-12 Clusters at a time in Abby Miser quite easily using this. Only problem I had was the rare spell interruption that occurred when I was using Dream Flower to sleep the nearly dead group. Otherwise was a cakewalk with my even modest setup.

I found one thing to be invaluable: find out what spells/casting order works best for you and go with it. One person suggested I use Enervation and Sound Blast, and due to the extra time it took threw off my casting rhythm and got me killed. Now I don't use that anymore. He likes it, I don't.

EDIT: forgot to say that I use a Mageblade main hand due to its -spell interruption rate. Not a huge difference, but may mean you survive sometimes when you wouldn't without it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-10 17:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Was actually looking at the pop NMs for this earlier, does Delta Thrust work on Ga'Lhu Nevermolt?

Don't think so, they all spam regardless of me having used it. They aren't as bad as wiki says though, easily duo'd rdm + blu and I know my friend solos them all on RDM but it takes a lot longer.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-06-10 18:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP: If i were you, i would also add a link to the Charged Whisker thread. A lot of gear options/SS have been posted there that might help. For Abyssea Mis, Raptors are incredibly easy to link and burn down. For Abyssea Ule, Raptors again for the same reasons, detectors are good but ppl use those a lot for cleaving already.

Edit: I would also add Enervation to your spell list.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-10 21:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of ppl dont know this, ive known about it for some time and assumed everyone knew about it until I showed a blu a few days ago who hadnt seen it so Ill post it here. Did you know benthic typhoon can "bend" so to speak as in if im facing North with a mob infront of me and and mob to my south east side and I target the mob to my SE whilst still facing north to the one infront of me and use benthic typhoon it will hit both. Old news to some but this blu was like oh wow so I imagine other ppl dont know this.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-06-20 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

how do most ppl generaly build their peral lights? Iv had nothing but problems with this. Murex's dont give peral, and hunting t1's can be quite hard if their not cooperating with spawn locations. I also havnt really seen very many in red chests, unless u build ruby (which id like to avoid)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-20 12:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All NMs are guaranteed to drop pearl. If you can find an easy T1 popped NM to solo those work.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-20 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can always get lots of mobs cleave them down to low hp then sleep the lot and pick them off 1 by 1 at low hp. I do pearl various ways it is the hardest part imo of the blu solo farm once pearl and azure is done then its plain sailing. Ive never once "failed" blu solo farm, usually entering as low as 40-50mins but mostly around 60-70mins to feel comfortable to get azure done then pearl then build te back up usually from 10-30mins back to several hundred. NMs is another good method especially in kons/tahrongi/thiene usually pretty weak and easily soloable blu/whm or blu/rdm khalamari works well for that or rabbit in thiene. Avatars also give pearl occasionally Garuda gave me pearl several times in Konst. not as consistent as azure tho.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-06-20 13:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
All NMs are guaranteed to drop pearl. If you can find an easy T1 popped NM to solo those work.

well aware of that. However sometime they can be a *** to track down. And you end up wasteing more time getting them to pop then their worth. Seeing as their only worth 8 pearl.

Sylph.Krsone said:
Can always get lots of mobs cleave them down to low hp then sleep the lot and pick them off 1 by 1 at low hp. I do pearl various ways it is the hardest part imo of the blu solo farm once pearl and azure is done then its plain sailing.

Iv tried takeing groups down to low health liek that and finishing them off with pearl atks. Unfortinitly they almsot never seemed to drop peral. (or maybe it was jsut me, everything was going wrong that day) Getting peral capped has defenitly been the hardest partn of it all for me.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-20 13:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That happens and it sucks you just gotta speed up is all I can suggest, if a mob "can" drop pearl aga them low and melee kill does work just gotta spam em faster. Take spectators at flux 8 altep for example I would personally start doing pearl on them asap and using the 2 elemental pops up there for azure. Drop of the cliff get a new page and repeat. Only problem when you gather 10-15 mobs aga them low and melee finish them is they will level up to tough/vt then you will only be able to sack 5-8 of them comfortably. Once pearl is done and you aga kill them all at same time then youll get their lvl back down to ep.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-06-20 14:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...I have Atma of the Ultimate and Blinding Horn, but I'm sadly missing Atma of the Lion. What would be a combination that would suffice in the mean time until I get Lion?
By Xenshi 2011-06-20 14:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lion, Ultimate, and Blinding Horn work best. But if you don't have Blinding Horn, Atma of the Lion, Minikin Monstrosity and Ultimate works well too. Depending on your gear though you might need to set an extra spell such as Thermal Pulse to finish them off or a second Whirl of Rage after the initial pull, also set another sleep spell Soporific works well. Hope this helps some people out a bit :P.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-06-20 18:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You just made a TL;DR of the OP. :p
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-20 19:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think thunder atk + atma stack
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-06-20 19:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

been useing lion, ultimate, and MM myself. That refresh is highly valuable to me. Sometimes a thurmal pulse is needed, but its not a problem at that point. (course iv only been farming scars zones atm)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-20 20:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:

well aware of that. However sometime they can be a *** to track down. And you end up wasteing more time getting them to pop then their worth. Seeing as their only worth 8 pearl.

What's to track down? Farm a pop item really quick -> trade to ??? -> ??? -> profit.

Thunder attack+ stacks but you won't get the full effect of both, iirc it caps.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-05 14:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited to amend light farming information based on recent discoveries with accumulation from Ephemerals, and fixed up a few other things.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 18:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just whirl sleep and melee, whirl sleep melee, and repeat to build pearl lights. You don't really need alot of pearl if you have all the abyssites. Also you only get xp for the first 8 mobs you kill in one blast. So if you are trying to powerlvl people, you don't want to oneshot stuff, but rather kill them in chunks.
 Phoenix.Topia
Server: Phoenix
user: Topia
By Phoenix.Topia 2011-07-11 19:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
I just whirl sleep and melee, whirl sleep melee, and repeat to build pearl lights. You don't really need alot of pearl if you have all the abyssites. Also you only get xp for the first 8 mobs you kill in one blast. So if you are trying to powerlvl people, you don't want to oneshot stuff, but rather kill them in chunks.

I've heard this mentioned before, but is their proof via testing or SE?
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-11 19:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Topia said:
macsdf1 said:

I can confirm he's correct, tested it myself.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 20:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look in your logs after you one-shot 20 mobs. You will only get exp/cruor for 8, even though you get like 20 chests.

Will have to try with some magian trial, see if only 8 kills count or all 20 will if you one shot them. Or someone can test that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-17 22:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Added some gear sets since there was some confusion. they are not to be taken as the best sets for their spells, merely use them as models.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-17 23:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said:
Phoenix.Topia said:
macsdf1 said:

I can confirm he's correct, tested it myself.

Thought this was fixed in May 10 update? Or was that something completely different

"The issue where sudden accumulations of a large quantity of experience points would sometimes reduce the actual amount of experience points earned."

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10