Random Politics & Religion #03

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 27 28 29
By Jetackuu 2016-04-29 11:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ackeron said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
I aim for the head :)
What if he's playing pretend and has magical armor?

With sound, http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/busting-a-dungeons-dragons-nerd/911308/
I couldn't find it on youtube.
"I'M WEARING BOOTS OF ESCAPING!!"
*** died.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 11:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Being able to speak freely does not free you from the consequences of what you say.

No it doesn't, but it also doesn't free anyone who reacts to what you say of the consequences of their reactions. It seems like people want to give a free pass to the protestors because they agree with what they're fighting against. That's lunacy. I have nothing against protesting in general, but anyone who riots because of Donald Trump is an imbecile. The Left might actually get something accomplished if people would learn how to object appropriately instead of losing their minds and turning the protesting into something entirely counterproductive.

I am certainly not giving a pass to the protesters. No one here is.

Can we stop making this about "the left"? Just because some people on BOTH sides cause ***at these rallies doesn't mean there is this big "the left is out of control" issue.

I don't think anyone in here points out the "both sides" more than me. The right isn't exactly the poster child for peaceful expression, but look at the past decade and see where the majority of riots are coming from.

Ignorant, poor, disenfranchised, and/or angry people?

Getting warmer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 11:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to speak freely does not free you from the consequences of what you say.

No it doesn't, but it also doesn't free anyone who reacts to what you say of the consequences of their reactions. It seems like people want to give a free pass to the protestors because they agree with what they're fighting against. That's lunacy. I have nothing against protesting in general, but anyone who riots because of Donald Trump is an imbecile. The Left might actually get something accomplished if people would learn how to object appropriately instead of losing their minds and turning the protesting into something entirely counterproductive.

I am certainly not giving a pass to the protesters. No one here is.

Can we stop making this about "the left"? Just because some people on BOTH sides cause ***at these rallies doesn't mean there is this big "the left is out of control" issue.

I don't think anyone in here points out the "both sides" more than me. The right isn't exactly the poster child for peaceful expression, but look at the past decade and see where the majority of riots are coming from.

Ignorant, poor, disenfranchised, and/or angry people?

Getting warmer.

To your opinion.

An opinion based on strong correlation.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-04-29 11:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's odd to think about it, but Kasich has actually better chances of beating Clinton lol.

The polls consistently bear out that idea:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

It's worth noting though, that most of a Presidential campaign is less about building up positives and more about limiting negatives. People don't have to love you, they just have to hate you less than your opponent. Kasich has flown well under the radar for most of this, so no one's really bothered to go after him the way they have the others. We don't really know how he'd hold up in a general campaign without Cruz and Trump making him look like a moderate.

I mean, in that regard, both Trump and Clinton have been very impressive; Trump says and does ridiculous crap nonstop and it doesn't affect him. Clinton's been getting barraged in the national spotlight for a quarter of a century and is still ticking.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 11:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

An opinion based on strong correlation.

Sounds like the sort of one someone just makes as an observational bias. I guess it is fine. I mean we all do it. Just doesn't really mean ***though.

I would like you to show the correlation to democrats in this country at these rallies. Compared to simply the archetypes at do these things.

While I don't believe you can. I believe both types of ignorant and poor fall into both parties.

It is not like we can claim the people in an event like Ferguson were democrats. Most of them probably aren't involved in the political process at all.
How many members of hate groups would even claim to be the left?

When there is a lack of data, observational judgment is all I can rely on. Correlation may not be causation, and the bias in media coverage unfortunately has an influence on how we perceive the world, but my perception is not based on nothing. Left-leaning cities and/or demographics are often at the hearts of these riots. And when you pull claims like this:
How many members of hate groups would even claim to be the left?
I have to respond like this:
How many violent criminals would even claim to be the left?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 12:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Left leaning cities are also much more populated than ones that are not.

So basically your observational bias is what you go on. So basically there is no correlation; only feels.

Learn the difference between correlation and causation. There is a lot of correlation. Causation is what can't be proven at this point and the word that you're looking for.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-29 12:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you claim to be somewhat less biased than others here then in the next breath blame one side for the majority of it?

Didn't we have a discussion earlier in this very incarnation of the thread about not blaming the whole group for the actions of some?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-29 12:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Left leaning cities are also much more populated than ones that are not.

So basically your observational bias is what you go on. So basically there is no correlation; only feels.

Learn the difference between correlation and causation. There is a lot of correlation. Causation is what can't be proven at this point and the word that you're looking for.
There is no correlation here because you have no idea about who the people really are... You see protestors v people at the rally then automatically put a d or an r in front where you think applicable... For all you know it could be trump supporters starting the problems to shine a bad light on the others... There could be a mix of d & r protesting as he doesn't really make all pubs happy...

Violence is stupid... There should be no need for it at a rally and it doesn't do anything good for your cause. Whoever was involved in that part of it is at fault. Making this about something you have no grounds or basis for is ludicrous though. And hey where were you when a handful of trump supporters beat the ***out that protestor who was then dragged out by the cops? Oh yeah they were just upstanding citizens defending their rights from that thug! That one guy even talked about having to kill some people...
By Jetackuu 2016-04-29 12:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chicken is just delicious and we all eat it
^
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-04-29 12:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When there is a lack of data, observational judgment is all I can rely on. Correlation may not be causation, and the bias in media coverage unfortunately has an influence on how we perceive the world, but my perception is not based on nothing. Left-leaning cities and/or demographics are often at the hearts of these riots.
Please provide the data supporting the above.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 12:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

C'mon Flav, it's not a stretch to assume they people protesting (and rioting) at a Trump rally aren't Trump supporters. They're obviously there as an expression of their political ideology. One doesn't protest a political event because they agree with it, and one doesn't show up to riot a political rally when they're upset their sports team lost.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-04-29 12:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Secretary of State, John Kerry has condemned Syrian rebels for bombing a hospital. Don't fret though. He is still going to continue funding and arming them.

"Hey guys, let's not bomb anymore civilians k? We don't want John Kerry condemning us again"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-29 12:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
C'mon Flav, it's not a stretch to assume they people protesting (and rioting) at a Trump rally aren't Trump supporters. They're obviously there as an expression of their political ideology. One doesn't protest a political event because they agree with it, and one doesn't show up to riot a political rally when they're upset their sports team lost.
There are plenty of republicans that don't agree with trump and find him to be a big problem... Look at the party itself... They're literally trying to sabotage his run... So yeah...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I had no idea the Secretary of State was capable of arming and funding anyone, hmm..oh well.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 12:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
There are plenty of republicans that don't agree with trump and find him to be a big problem... Look at the party itself... They're literally trying to sabotage his run... So yeah...

Ok, you put your stock in that, the rest of us will be over here not patting down non-muslim 80 year old grandmothers at the airport security checkpoint.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-04-29 12:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I had no idea the Secretary of State was capable of arming and funding anyone, hmm..oh well.

It's not a secret that we are funding the rebels. He has propped up this civil war for years. It would be over now, but for Obama's involvement. He cannot figure out how to create economic growth, but he is an expert on creating refugees.

I cannot believe they haven't given Obama another Nobel Peace Prize.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have any actual facts that point to Syrian rebels carrying out the attack on the hospital in Aleppo as opposed to say, Assad or ISIS, feel free to share them. Otherwise you are just spreading misinformation to fit your narrative.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-29 12:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Secretary of State, John Kerry has condemned Syrian rebels for bombing a hospital. Don't fret though. He is still going to continue funding and arming them.

"Hey guys, let's not bomb anymore civilians k? We don't want John Kerry condemning us again"
Well I mean we attacked a hospital in Afghanistan which was run by Doctors Without Borders and pretty much said oh my bad we punched in the wrong coordinates... My bad!

What are you looking for them to do in this case? What do you even think their options are?

Is it as ridiculous as two different alphabet soup government agencies arming two different groups that ended up fighting each other?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-29 12:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, you put your stock in that, the rest of us will be over here not patting down non-muslim 80 year old grandmothers at the airport security checkpoint.
And your bias shines brighter... At least don't try to hide it like you're employing some kind of actual logic...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-04-29 12:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have any actual facts that point to Syrian rebels carrying out the attack on the hospital in Aleppo as opposed to say, Assad or ISIS, feel free to share them. Otherwise you are just spreading misinformation to fit your narrative.

I will summarize Vic's post.

"NUH-UH!"
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 12:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

I will summarize Vic's post.

"NUH-UH!"

Ok so you are lying again. You couldn't even provide a link of Kerry's alleged condemnation of Syrian rebels, (because it didnt happen) much less any evidence that they were involved.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 12:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And your bias shines brighter... At least don't try to hide it like you're employing some kind of actual logic...

Do you think you, or anyone really is without bias or prejudice?

How do you know the sky is blue?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-29 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think you, or anyone really is without bias or prejudice?

How do you know the sky is blue?
So your counter is that you are correct because everyone has some level of bias? What point are you trying to make here?

thd sky isn't inherently blue...

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 27 28 29