Random Politics & Religion #03

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Baiting.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-25 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yes, there are people in the U.S. who express their anti-LGBT views violently
There are people who express any view violently.

We generally call them violent people.

It has nothing to do with "right wing," "left wing," "crazy wing," "third wing," "confused wing," "gay wing," or "political wing."

They are violent, and they will resort to violence at any time they want.

Yes, except we were discussing a specific issue that is a right-wing issue...hence the reference...
There is so few people who are violent, and those who are, we never take the time to ask the question "Are you a registered Republican, democrat, or idiot?"

Remember that guy who shot that news reporter and her cameraman live on the air? Remember that guy who shot up that Planned Parenthood? Both killed people that most people would associate with conservative ideals, but both were registered democrats.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-25 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Whoa, Validation from the high and mighty. I'm not worthy!

Unless I'm posting in here as "Rooks", I'm just like anyone else.

And if I'm in here as Rooks someone's in big big trouble

So you are the incarnation of our mighty overlord who moves amongst his people.

I've never had to topicban someone for excessive sucking up before, but every day is a new day

I'm not sucking up lol. Just saying what was on my mind when I read your post. This is Politics and Religion.

Also, if you are just one of us when not posing as Rooks, why the banning reference? I'm not afraid of KN banning me when I respond to him.

I'll answer it.
You were having fun, so was I. Why is that a bad thing? Nobody was insulting or throwing poo. This place needs to lighten up.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Danii
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Danii 2016-04-25 13:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

When I post as Danii, I identify as a blonde male ninja in an illusory female ninja's body. Believe it!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-25 14:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there are people in the U.S. who express their anti-LGBT views violently
There are people who express any view violently.

We generally call them violent people.

It has nothing to do with "right wing," "left wing," "crazy wing," "third wing," "confused wing," "gay wing," or "political wing."

They are violent, and they will resort to violence at any time they want.

Yes, except we were discussing a specific issue that is a right-wing issue...hence the reference...

Yeah, because it's always a good idea to take the actions of violent extremists and apply them to the domestic left or right wing, as if that accomplishes anything good (especially in here). But hey, while we're at it, let's discuss Mao Tse Tung! Largest perpetuator of genocide in history, and solid left-winger. I'm sure he's somehow comparable to people in the U.S., right? After all, on the internet there is no win without a Godwin.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-04-25 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's ok to label groups of people because some chose to riot during protests like it's been done here before as well...
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-25 14:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bathroom has a #1's only sign because the fan is broken. Am I really going to go all the way to a #2 bathroom? Why can't I just use this one? Because it would be uncomfortable to others and the same way I expect people to respect me as a person who #2's I should also respect people who don't need to and want to use the bathroom without being uncomfortable.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 14:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For ***'s sake the victim carding is strong in here today.

I'm sorry I associated homophobia and aggressive anti-LGBT behavior with the right wing even though that's overwhelmingly where support for such backward behavior goes home to roost...

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 14:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why are we back on the bathroom thing?

Because a man who advocates for LGBT rights in a foreign country was hacked to death and I mentioned such anti-LGBT views in light of the U.S.'s citizens with similar views.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-25 16:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dennis Hastert was in the news again. Makes me wonder if our current and previous speakers have skeletons in ze' closet...
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-04-25 16:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So, we have chosen to go IRON FIST with this P&R as an experiment to see if it works.

I waited for the first report to come in and I will be starting from there.

I recommend you all read the Forum Rules. ANY violation, this includes trying to provoke other people will be met with a Topic ban.

Appeals can be brought up to Rooks if you choose to follow that path.

The Iron Fist will reign from this post on.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 16:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Dennis Hastert was in the news again. Makes me wonder if our current and previous speakers have skeletons in ze' closet...

I find it questionable how so many prominent Republicans were rallying to this guy's side after he plead guilty to being a child molester. In my mind that pretty much erases 95% of the good will you may or may not have generated in your lifetime. I know he is basically dying but I wouldn't be opposed to him spending the rest of his life in a minimum security prison hospital.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-25 16:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
So, we have chosen to go IRON FIST with this P&R as an experiment to see if it works.

I waited for the first report to come in and I will be starting from there.

I recommend you all read the Forum Rules. ANY violation, this includes trying to provoke other people will be met with a Topic ban.

Appeals can be brought up to Rooks if you choose to follow that path.

The Iron Fist will reign from this post on.
Rather than topic-banned, I suggest that those on the receiving side of said discipline are referred to as getting fisted.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-25 17:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

He's right, though. Commensurate was the wrong word there, so I get why the bristling, but there is very much a far right contingent in the US that is not above violence.
Same could be said about the far left too.
Begging your pardon. Its been decades since the radical left bombed anything or killed anyone.

Its been mere months for the radical right.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-25 17:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

One tends to be repressive, the other subversive.
Blame it on these days' apathy too but not many care to be seditious, which leaves all the spotlight to the other side.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-25 17:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I find it questionable how so many prominent Republicans were rallying to this guy's side after he plead guilty to being a child molester. In my mind that pretty much erases 95% of the good will you may or may not have generated in your lifetime. I know he is basically dying but I wouldn't be opposed to him spending the rest of his life in a minimum security prison hospital.

It's interesting, much like for every Anthony Weiner you have a Charlie Krist, Larry Craig, John Hinson, Bob Allen, It's almost like more Republican lawmakers get caught in the act of sexual misconduct in public restrooms than the trans-gendered.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-25 17:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Apathy is the opposite of obstruction.
A population living in apathy just allows the few who are active(and potentially malicious)to do whatever. It's how you end up with corrupt governments; the general population becomes lazy thinking that someone else is taking care of things and stops participating, de facto giving up all power.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-25 17:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I made a thread about this.

But they changed my clickbait title.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-04-25 20:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
He's right, though. Commensurate was the wrong word there, so I get why the bristling, but there is very much a far right contingent in the US that is not above violence.
Same could be said about the far left too.

#OccupyBathrooms
What does that have to do with violence?

Have you ever passed by a public bathroom on a Black Friday?

I never use public bathrooms cause I'm not sure what gender I identify myself with yet...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-25 20:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why are we back on the bathroom thing?

Because a man who advocates for LGBT rights in a foreign country was hacked to death and I mentioned such anti-LGBT views in light of the U.S.'s citizens with similar views.

False equivalence.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29