Random Politics & Religion #03

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-29 10:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
What if he's playing pretend and has magical armor?

Easy to know, he would be wearing a wizard hat.
Protip: in the case of magical armor, simply declare that the floor is lava. It doesn't protect against that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-29 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Both sides have their share of violent morons, what's impressive is how Trump manages to stimulate violence from both side. He's an amazing troll.
Let's be honest here.

Whoever the front runner for the Republican nomination would have the same level of violence from protesters. These people don't even know what/why they are protesting, they are protesting because their way of life is being threatened.

They like this chaos that is in America today.
They're protesting because they don't want Donald Trump as the face and voice of their nation. They don't even want him as a possibility.

So trashing police cars and pulling people out of cars and beating them is appropriate? I pray that these idiots never try to pull me from my car because they are gonna meet my Glock quick, fast and in a hurry.

I get a feeling you don't understand how these things work. The jumping to deadly violence yourself means as much. Kudos for being a tough guy.

Emotions run high at these events. That is why they got out from their couch in the first place. Just like in Ferguson or Baltimore the media will focus on the exciting violence rather than protesters standing there peacefully. Nonetheless, when a bunch of emotional people are confronting each other some get out of hand. Others also take advantage of the situation and cause chaos.
Peaceful protests regularly get infiltrated and set into a fury by instigators.

Remember that people essentially have a herd mentality. We are animals after all. So the people here turning around with a grin and saying "my bias was right guiz, see?!" don't seem to get it.

While I would not blame someone for speaking freely in most cases. This is certainly one where I do. These TV reality show drama antics are not presidential in the slightest.
Trump wants people fired up and this ***happening. This gives him an edge and creates a problem with America that he purports himself as the solution to. People want solutions and if he convinces everyone things are going 'bad, bad, bad' then we will vote him in like all the other times that worked in history.

Tough guy, haha. So let me get this straight if someone pulls you out of your car and starts beating you in the street like those protesters did you would not defend yourself? Are you shitting me?
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-04-29 10:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So glad I only lurk here for the most part. So many things just leave me...

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 10:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If I walk up to some big overly powerful guy. Then tell him "You look terrible. Did your mother raise you to have an unhealthy obsession with lifting?". For this person to then punch me in the face as a response makes it exactly my problem that I caused.

So I hope this is largely tongue in cheek, as in you don't really think this and are just arguing for the sake of argument.

If I call you fat, I might be foolish to not expect you to maybe punch me in the face, but you don't get to tell the cops afterwards when they charge you with assault "yeah but the guy called me fat" and get off the hook.

It is not against the law to speak freely, it is against the law to punch someone in the face.

It is not against the law to hold a political rally, it is against the law to riot.

Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is different. In that case you are most directly inciting panic and chaos. While a kind of speech, that is not something that falls under the umbrella of "free speech" as we refer to it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-04-29 10:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Both sides have their share of violent morons, what's impressive is how Trump manages to stimulate violence from both side. He's an amazing troll.
Let's be honest here.

Whoever the front runner for the Republican nomination would have the same level of violence from protesters. These people don't even know what/why they are protesting, they are protesting because their way of life is being threatened.

If Kaisch was the nominee, everyone would be asleep.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-29 10:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's bad as it is to see so many people supporting Trump, it would be even worse if no one protested.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 10:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Let's be honest here.

If Kaisch was the nominee, everyone would be asleep.
If Kaisch was the nominee, everyone would be shoveling pancakes into their faces.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-29 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd to think about it, but Kasich has actually better chances of beating Clinton lol.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-04-29 10:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I aim for the head :)

With sound, http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/busting-a-dungeons-dragons-nerd/911308/
I couldn't find it on youtube.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-29 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's odd to think about it, but Kasich has actually better chances of beating Clinton lol.

Nah recent polls from fox and rauters(sp) have them dead heat now
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 10:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't really put any faith into those matchup polls this far out. They serve value in shaping public opinion than reflecting it.

Their sole purpose is to be something for candidates to point at and say "see I'm the best choice for nominee".
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-29 10:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

unhealthy obsession with lifting?
Back in high school, a guy named Todd, type of guy who's abs were his claim to fame, used to bully a bunch of the nerds and Goths and hit on my girlfriend so one day I had enough and challenged him to a fight after school. Everyone was like "Todd has abs tho! He's going to kill you!" and I'm like "*** Todd, his abs don't mean anything." So we got to the football field after 7th period and the girlfriend is still begging me as Todd takes off his shirt "Look! Todd had abs! Blah blah blah" so I don't back down. I walk up and after a few moments if ***talk, I tell Todd that his ex told me he had a tiny dong from steroids and he throws the first punch, I dodge and counter with an uppercut... In the end Todd beat the living hell out of me, but his abs had nothing to do with it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 10:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop focusing on free speech. It isn't about that.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-04-29 10:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaisch is probably the best shot of beating Clinton only because people know ***-all about the guy and he positions himself as being rational besides Christian Warrior, Ted Cruz and Yuge Deals, Donald Trump. Donald is so divisive and so dependent on saying crazy ***to dodge his lack of substance that he's probably going to blow it against seasoned Clinton in a general race.

Fiorina/Cruz is the definition of a shitshow.

Kaisch is lurking in the darkness, hoping to make his case to be nominee because he's undamaged. Odds are, Trump shows up to the convention with delegates in tow to be the nomninee. Your move, RNC.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-29 10:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

unhealthy obsession with lifting?
Back in high school, a guy named Todd, type of guy who's abs were his claim to fame, used to bully a bunch of the nerds and Goths and hit on my girlfriend so one day I had enough and challenged him to a fight after school. Everyone was like "Todd has abs tho! He's going to kill you!" and I'm like "*** Todd, his abs don't mean anything." So we got to the football field after 7th period and the girlfriend is still begging me as Todd takes off his shirt "Look! Todd had abs! Blah blah blah" so I don't back down. I walk up and after a few moments if ***talk, I tell Todd that his ex told me he had a tiny dong from steroids and he throws the first punch, I Dodge and counter with an uppercut... In the end Todd neat the living hell out of Mr, but his abs had nothing to do with it.

I Nissan.

Anyway, props to you for standing your ground. However, you knew what would happen and chose your resolve over your safety :P
None of that really happened.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 10:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaisch is probably the best shot of beating Clinton only because people know ***-all about the guy and he positions himself as being rational besides Christian Warrior, Ted Cruz and Yuge Deals, Donald Trump. Donald is so divisive and so dependent on saying crazy ***to dodge his lack of substance that he's probably going to blow it against seasoned Clinton in a general race.

Kaisch is lurking in the darkness, hoping to make his case to be nominee because he's undamaged. Odds are, Trump shows up to the convention with delegates in tow to be the nomninee. Your move, RNC.

If Kasich becomes the nominee, he'll be run over by a tsunami of internet pancake eating gifs. It'll be 100x worse than Howard Dean.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-29 10:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

If Kasich becomes the nominee, he'll be run over by a tsunami of internet pancake eating gifs. It'll be 100x worse than Howard Dean.
As a speed eater myself, I'd actually be ok with Kasich as president.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-29 10:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
I aim for the head :)

With sound, http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/busting-a-dungeons-dragons-nerd/911308/
I couldn't find it on youtube.
"I'M WEARING BOOTS OF ESCAPING!!"

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-29 10:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Stop focusing on free speech. It isn't about that.
Wat

DNR

What is it about then? Trump taking responsibility for other peoples reactions to what he said?

Don't draw a cartoon of Mohamed then. You (and not the terrorist) would be responsible for all the deaths that ensued.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-29 10:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

something actually happened in your life for once
YouTube Video Placeholder

I love this song
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 10:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to speak freely does not free you from the consequences of what you say.

No it doesn't, but it also doesn't free anyone who reacts to what you say of the consequences of their reactions. It seems like people want to give a free pass to the protestors because they agree with what they're fighting against. That's lunacy. I have nothing against protesting in general, but anyone who riots because of Donald Trump is an imbecile. The Left might actually get something accomplished if people would learn how to object appropriately instead of losing their minds and turning the protesting into something entirely counterproductive.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 11:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Being able to speak freely does not free you from the consequences of what you say.

No it doesn't, but it also doesn't free anyone who reacts to what you say of the consequences of their reactions. It seems like people want to give a free pass to the protestors because they agree with what they're fighting against. That's lunacy. I have nothing against protesting in general, but anyone who riots because of Donald Trump is an imbecile. The Left might actually get something accomplished if people would learn how to object appropriately instead of losing their minds and turning the protesting into something entirely counterproductive.

I am certainly not giving a pass to the protesters. No one here is.

Can we stop making this about "the left"? Just because some people on BOTH sides cause ***at these rallies doesn't mean there is this big "the left is out of control" issue.

I don't think anyone in here points out the "both sides" more than me. The right isn't exactly the poster child for peaceful expression, but look at the past decade and see where the majority of riots are coming from.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29