users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Third party follies
Third party follies
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 23:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Altimaomega said: »
No two Republicans are alike yet a democrat is a dime a dozen.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Wrong thread dude.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 23:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So, are you going to do Chanti the reciprocal courtesy of answering her question since she answered yours, or what?

I already doled out my nods to the Dems. I can do it for the 'Pubs too (which I already included two, Eisenhower and Teddy Roosevelt), but the question was posed to Altima. Let's see where he goes with it.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-08 23:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
That is really adorable. Really.
You gonna actually add anything to this conversation or just harass people that have a different point of view than you? You know exactly what you do in every thread..

I'm going to continue to be right about Roosevelt being the face of the Progressive movement. And you are going to continue to post nothing while hoping other people post something you can piggyback off of, just like every other thread.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 23:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That is really adorable. Really.
You gonna actually add anything to this conversation or just harass people that have a different point of view than you? You know exactly what you do in every thread..

I'm going to continue to be right about Roosevelt being the face of the Progressive movement. And you are going to continue to post nothing while hoping other people post something you can piggyback off of, just like every other thread.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
So, are you going to do Chanti the reciprocal courtesy of answering her question since she answered yours, or what?
So I guess this confirms what I have expected all along.
You both Don't know how to read.
only one that matters is FDR and if we could bring him back from the dead along with Reagan they could just rule us all forever..
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-09 00:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhn-uhn-uhn! You did specify any legislation. Be more specific.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-09 00:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So is that a concession that you don't know anything about Teddy Roosevelt so you are just trying to move the goalposts and talk about FDR instead? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what I find interesting. You guys twist your opinions around, change talking points, purposely misinterpret what I say and once you are proven wrong, automatically find the one thing that shouldn't even need to be said.

Quote:
Reagan implemented sweeping new political and economic initiatives. His supply-side economic policies, dubbed "Reaganomics", advocated tax rate reduction to spur economic growth, control of the money supply to curb inflation, economic deregulation, and reduction in government spending. In his first term he survived an assassination attempt, escalated the War on Drugs, and fought public-sector labor. Over his two terms, his economic policies saw a reduction of inflation from 12.5% to 4.4%, and an average annual growth of real GDP of 3.44% Foreign affairs dominated his second term, including ending of the Cold War, the bombing of Libya, and the Iran–Contra affair. Publicly describing the Soviet Union as an "evil empire", he transitioned Cold War policy from détente to rollback, by escalating an arms race with the USSR while engaging in talks with Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, which culminated in the INF Treaty, shrinking both countries' nuclear arsenals.[1] During his famous speech at the Brandenburg Gate, President Reagan challenged Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to "tear down this wall!" Months after the end of his term, the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed soon thereafter.

Sure would be nice to have Half a Reagan right now.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-09 00:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rambling again? You didn't "prove" anything because you haven't said anything.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So is that a concession that you don't know anything about Teddy Roosevelt so you are just trying to move the goalposts and talk about FDR instead? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.

I've done both actually, for the love of god please lrn 2 reid.
Oh and you have yet to post ANYTHING of significance.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-09 00:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Now you tell me when a Republican did anything good for the country.
Nixon created the EPA, I'm surprised nobody bothered to mention that (or did I miss it?)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-09 00:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Nixon created the EPA, I'm surprised nobody bothered to mention that (or did I miss it?)

Nope. You were the first, but we know how the modern Republican party objects to the EPA.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Nope. You were the first, but we know how the modern Republican party objects to the modern EPA.
ftfy.
Perhaps if we get ride of a few hundred/thousand regulations it would be worth getting behind again.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-09 00:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This has turned into quite the entertaining night, the accusations are just as funny as the nonsensical ramblings. Just backreading altima hasn't even come close to a point, but he accuses me of not posting anything significant. He runs from questions and changes the topic but if someone else doesn't post something he can piggyback off of, its just mindless insults.

"FDR is the only one that matters." Sure kid.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

show me the mindless insults please. Then show me where I was the one that changed the topic... THEN show me where I piggyback anything off of anyone!

but he accuses me of not posting anything significant.
You don't!!! Ever!!!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-09 00:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to shouting? It doesn't help, unless you are going for humor.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-09 00:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps if we get ride of a few hundred/thousand regulations it would be worth getting behind again.
I thought about discussing environmental law with you and then I remembered I could be playing Final Fantasy.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to shouting? It doesn't help, unless you are going for humor.
Again, not posting anything relevant at all.

I thought about discussing environmental law with you and then I remembered I could be playing Final Fantasy.
FF11? A good example of something that has been added too and changed so much that it isn't even close to what the people who originally made it intended it to be.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-09 00:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't even know what those things are man.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ROFL!

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-09 00:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gosh, I hope I didn't derail your very important discussion about whatever the *** point you were trying to make

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-09 00:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, meant for that to be posted after Altima's post, which he then edited to not be for me, so uh, carry on.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So much for any kind of adult conversation tonight.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-09 00:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So much for any kind of adult conversation tonight.
Surely there are sexy singles in your area just waiting for you to pick up the phone
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 00:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Random things

Not my fault you take everything literally and cannot read between the lines.

I'm not gonna sit here and write a 5 page report whenever I want to respond to anyone.

Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-09 01:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I see someone bring up Dodd Frank and boast it as a success by Democrats? The piece of legislation that guaranteed that the rich get richer. The piece of legislation that took banks that were too big to fail and made them bigger. The piece of legislation that eliminated all of the smaller competition to the big banks. The piece of legislation that made it impossible for someone of modest means to borrow money.

Good one, kid.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-09 01:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like they live in a parallel universe.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9