2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Third party follies
Third party follies
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Jetackuu 2016-01-08 09:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
might be worth pointing out the numbers in the last (2012) election.

votes for obama: 65.9 million
votes for romney 60.9 million
Total ppl that were eligible to have voted: 218.9 million

Meaning about 92.1 million that could have signed up and voted, didnt. - They out number either candidates 'supporters' by 66-71%

That's still almost 60% of voters, it wasn't even 40% in the 2014 election, hence why the Republicans did well. The apathy is strong.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-08 09:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
The dems fought against the civil rights bill, the dems were against voting rights for all people. It was the republicans that fought for the rights for all people.
Oh I also forgot to mention LBJ was a racist bigoted pos who wanted the colored people to destroy themselves.

We can thank those same southern democrats for their bigotry when they switched to the Republican party.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-08 16:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Now you tell me when a Republican did anything good for the country.

Altimaomega said: »
Simehow I didn't think you could.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That has to be the most blatantly ignorant meme in the history of internet memes, but, admittedly, I might be naive on that front.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-08 16:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The dude who carved it was an avid member of the KKK, I don't know if that is a feather one really wants in their cap anyway....
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 18:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think Republicans are running congress right now I feel sorry for you. Those people represent the ideas of what the Republican party used to and still should stand for.

You could tell me why they don't or you could just respond with another meaningless sarcastic post, up too you.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Maybe no Democrats, but two of those guys are hardcore liberals. But don't expect altima to know that.
Same to you. Want to explain why they are hardcore Liberals? I highly doubt it since you never explain or back-up any of your claims.. ever..
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 18:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
The dude who carved it was an avid member of the KKK, I don't know if that is a feather one really wants in their cap anyway....

Ahh the Racism card. So glad that went out of style when America elected a black president, twice.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-08 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What dude? The KKK perpetrated real motherfuckin' racism back then, not whatever 'kramer' from sienfield did, get a grip.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-08 20:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm half drunk now though, so I can't really garuntee the accuracy of anything else I may or may not post this evening.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 20:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think Republicans are running congress right now I feel sorry for you. Those people represent the ideas of what the Republican party used to and still should stand for.

You could tell me why they don't or you could just respond with another meaningless sarcastic post, up too you.

Maybe no Democrats, but two of those guys are hardcore liberals. But don't expect altima to know that.
Same to you. Want to explain why they are hardcore Liberals? I highly doubt it since you never explain or back-up any of your claims.. ever..

She did give you an answer. The least you could do is do her the courtesy of a rebuttal not in simplistic meme form.

When has a Democrat did anything good for this country?
I live quite close to the Grand Coulee Dam. Started by F. D. R., a democrat.

Then there is the civil rights legislation ramrodded through congress by L. B. J., another democrat.

And please remember the last president who payed anything toward the national debt, Clinton.

I could go on.

You cut out her response after this was conveniently paged.

Wasn't construction of the facade on Mount Rushmore started under a Republican administration before WWI? It's reasonable that Teddy would be on there seeing as though he was an avid conversationalist. Something the Republicans now sell down the river if it means a buck. (In this state they do. The only saving grace was a contingency that Anne Richards put aside to mature.)
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-08 21:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Teddy Roosevelt was heavy into government regulation, it was a pillar of his Presidency. He basically kicked off the Progressive Era. Nothing about him fits into modern day conservatism.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 22:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Teddy Roosevelt was heavy into government regulation, it was a pillar of his Presidency. He basically kicked off the Progressive Era. Nothing about him fits into modern day conservatism.

I still can't understand how Republicans who alienate the, now, moderate end of the spectrum, effectively driving them out, can still state they're a proponent of small business and less federal control with a straight face. And on top of that, use the former progressive history of the Republican party when convenient while maligning or dismissing the Democratic party's progressive contributions. Topsy-turvy.

Or maybe just plain shameful.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 22:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I ignored her Answers because the only one that matters is FDR and if we could bring him back from the dead along with Reagan they could just rule us all forever..

As for Rushmore the guy who carved it was the one who decided on the faces and Coolidge and FDR supported it. OMG! A republican and democrat working together blasphemy!

Siren.Mosin said: »
What dude? The KKK perpetrated real motherfuckin' racism back then, not whatever 'kramer' from sienfield did, get a grip.
You mean this KKK right?
Quote:
The first Ku Klux Klan flourished in the Southern United States in the late 1860s, then died out by the early 1870s. It sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South.
Or this one..
Quote:
The second Ku Klux Klan was founded in 1915 by William J. Simmons .
at its peak in the mid-1920s its membership was estimated at 4 million to 5 million. Although the actual figures were probably much smaller, the Klan nevertheless declined with amazing rapidity to an estimated 30,000 by 1930. The Klan spirit, however, was a factor in breaking the Democratic hold on the South in 1928, when Alfred E. Smith, a Roman Catholic, was that party's presidential candidate.

Damn those Republicans for having morals!
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 22:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I still can't understand how Republicans who alienate the, now, moderate end of the spectrum
You mean bohner?

effectively driving them out
Hell, yes we did!

can still state they're a proponent of small business and less federal control with a straight face.
You think bohner was an advocate of small business and less federal control..

And on top of that, use the former progressive history of the Republican party when convenient while maligning or dismissing the Democratic party's progressive contributions.
One of these thing is not like the other.

Or maybe just plain shameful.
/sigh
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 22:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The Republican Party lost my vote state-wide and nationally with Perry's win over Kay Bailey Hutchison. That was a very good indication of where the Republican party was headed.

You're only thinking on the national scale.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 22:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Number of laws and regualtions passed under Teddy... 4
Quote:
Square Deal President Theodore Roosevelt's plan for reform; all Americans are entitled to an equal opportinity to succeed

Hepburn Act This 1906 law used the Interstate Commerce Commission to regulate the maximum charge that railroads to place on shipping goods.

Meat Inspection Act It required federal inspection of meat sold through interstate commerce and required the Agriculture Department to set standards of cleanliness in meatpacking plants.

Pure Food and Drug Act the act that prohibited the manufacture, sale, or shipment of impure of falsely labeled food and drugs

Number of laws and regualtions passed under obama 23000 and counting. I'd copy paste all of them put FFXIAH would explode..

I think we can all agree a little regulation is a good thing. But really? Come on.. Is this really even a conversation.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 22:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The Republican Party lost my vote state-wide and nationally with Perry's win over Kay Bailey Hutchison. That was a very good indication of where the Republican party was headed.

I and every single other person have only been talking about the National SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-08 22:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No its not a conversation because you aren't saying anything. You can twist and turn all you want but there is nothing to dispute the fact that Roosevelt was a liberal progressive. So you can either accept it and move on, or...not? There aren't any other options rly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 23:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I and every single other person have only been talking about the National SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what? You can lose trust of your own party at a more intimate level. I think the dispersal of interest from the state-scale politics only for the sensationalism of the national scale is wholly indicative of how lost the Republican party is now, and it's counter-intuitive to the Republican mantra as a whole to dismiss the state-scale, which makes it's constituents, as they are now, disingenuous and hypocritical.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 23:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So what? You can lose trust of your own party at a more intimate level. I think the dispersal of interest from the state-scale politics only for the sensationalism of the national scale is wholly indicative of how lost the Republican party is now, and it's counter-intuitive to the Republican mantra as a whole to dismiss the state-scale, which makes it's constituents, as they are now, disingenuous and hypocritical.

Yup, I think I agree with you on that. If I understand you correctly. The thing is you made no mention of that with this statement.
I still can't understand how Republicans who alienate the, now, moderate end of the spectrum, effectively driving them out, can still state they're a proponent of small business and less federal control with a straight face. And on top of that, use the former progressive history of the Republican party when convenient while maligning or dismissing the Democratic party's progressive contributions. Topsy-turvy.
Especially since everyone else was talking National.

However, your point now is exactly what is wrong with the Republican party. The Main Republican arm in control at the moment has totally lost touch of what its constituents want.

No its not a conversation because you aren't saying anything. You can twist and turn all you want but there is nothing to dispute the fact that Roosevelt was a liberal progressive. So you can either accept it and move on, or...not? There aren't any other options rly.

They are not the same thing. 4 and 23000! Is not the same thing.
You are the problem with this country!

And YOU was talking about Teddy!! FFS Who is the one Twisting and turning here! ROFL!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-08 23:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you shouting nonsense now? Can anyone act as an interpreter?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-08 23:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you claim to be a Republican if you don't subscribe to the importance of state and local government and diminish the fact that that's where government is most effective?

How do you think moderate Republicans are suppose to respond when their party has been hi-jacked by uneducated, evangelicals that don't pay attention at the state-level and tick the "R"s down the line?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-08 23:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Both of the parties promote counter-intuitive ideas now. "Progressives" are looking to elect an inherited, establishment candidate. "Conservatives" are looking to elect anti-establishment. Brash, outspoken behavior that breaks the mold? The stereotypically traditional party is all for that. Orwellian speech control in the form of political correctness? The stereotypically free-thinking party is all for that.

I would like to see a true 3rd party candidate actually make progress towards breaking the current system. As it stands, people just follow their herd and rationalize its irrational ideals, developing their own world views around them and pretending that they arrived at said views all on their own.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 23:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you claim to be a Republican if you don't subscribe to the importance of state and local government and diminish the fact that that's where government is most effective?
Ummm... That is pretty much all I do, then people like Vic twist ***around and I end up defending anyone over the Democrats (of today) Nothing is worse than today's Democratic party anyone that cannot see that has problems.

The term Republican is used by many different mindsets that rally behind it to defeat the Democratic party. It is an ugly truth that a lot of people refuse to admit or try to understand.

No two Republicans are alike yet a democrat is a dime a dozen.

Rav understands at least.

How do you think moderate Republicans are suppose to respond when their party has been hi-jacked by uneducated, evangelicals that don't pay attention at the state-level and tick the "R"s down the line?
Anything but vote "D". The main problem is most people just don't care!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-08 23:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That is really adorable. Really.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-08 23:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No two Republicans are alike yet a democrat is a dime a dozen.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-08 23:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That is really adorable. Really.
You gonna actually add anything to this conversation or just harass people that have a different point of view than you? You know exactly what you do in every thread..
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9