New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Third party follies
Third party follies
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 23:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard telling, all the people that don't vote sure seem to think they are rather well informed around here.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 23:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why Trump is so popular right now.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 23:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with gun owning white people that love America and what to keep out illegal's while trying to keep their paycheck out of government hands.

Next your gonna be saying vote democrat so the government can take away guns, open our borders and let in refugees from country's we are currently bombing while having the people that actually work for a living pay for the people that refuse too.

Do you see the problem with your line of logic yet or are you just gonna keep pandering your party dogma?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-01-06 23:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I will always vote because

The right to vote has been paid for in the blood of our forefathers and now mothers, it is disrespectful not to vote.
So I should vote for someone even if I don't like my choices at all? Just because one of them is going to get picked either way? That sounds like some 3rd world ***to me. Now if they had an option on the ballot to pick neither because I don't like my choices I'd probably go and vote to show how I feel. I'd honestly love to see what % that would be in a national election. BTW Nevada does have this option but is the only US State with it.

Ninja Edit: Also blank ballot voting normally doesn' get counted at all in most states so wouldn't even show help on voter turnout and also in some states that use machines now you can't even enter a blank ballot your forced to pick someone.

Also I believe Spicy is right everyone has the option to vote or not to vote and I don't believe it to be disrespectful at all even if your reason was you were just lazy not to.

Which is probably a good thing because if they were to lazy to go vote they were probably to lazy to really look into what a candidate stood for and would of just went by who sounded cooler in the little bit they did see/hear, what their friends told them or just well there the Dem or Rep candidate and I side with such and such party so must vote for that party 100%.

Hell our elected officials have the right to abstain from voting on things why shouldn't regular citizens.
You're talking about a vote of no confidence, which unfortunately the US doesn't have.

However, you usually have the option of writing in your own candidate (or voting for a relatively unknown person) which at least shows an active interest in the proceedings and annoyance with the main parties.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 23:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A vote of no confidence does exist for senate/house reps. they can be recalled and replaced if enough people want it. Just happened not to long ago actually.

Would be sweet if we could do it at the Presidential level though. But for some reason our founding fathers thought congress would always have the balls to do such things.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-01-06 23:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
You're talking about a vote of no confidence, which unfortunately the US doesn't have.

However, you usually have the option of writing in your own candidate (or voting for a relatively unknown person) which at least shows an active interest in the proceedings and annoyance with the main parties.

No, that's not what I am talking about. That involves removing an elected official. Which the US does have just not for the president. I want the option not to vote for any of the choices given. Nevada list it as "None of These Candidates" on their ballots.

As for voting 3rd party I don't see that as a good option some people actually do vote for the 3rd party because they actually want them in office. I don't think its a good idea to vote 3rd party to show my distaste for the major 2 party candidates(and the 3rd party if I don't like them too. Otherwise I be voting for the 3rd party because I did like them.). That

A) Undermines the 3rd party Candidate's run which isn't far to them.
B) Doesn't show any real numbers of who didn't like the choices we had because you don't know how many really voted because they wanted them as president or were doing it because they didn't like the major parties.
C) I also think the numbers might be a bit different if we had this option because I;m sure I;m not the only one that has the same feelings on 3rd voting. Also in some states the "major" 3rd party candidate doesn't even make it onto the ballot.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 23:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
I also think the numbers might be a bit different if we had this option because I;m sure I;m not the only one that has the same feelings on 3rd voting.

You're not.
Odin.Godofgods said: »
might be worth pointing out the numbers in the last (2012) election.

votes for obama: 65.9 million
votes for romney 60.9 million
Total ppl that were eligible to have voted: 218.9 million

Meaning about 92.1 million that could have signed up and voted, didnt. - They out number either candidates 'supporters' by 66-71%
Kinda the same thing.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-01-06 23:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that's not what I am talking about. That involves removing an elected official. Which the US does have just not for the president. I want the option not to vote for any of the choices given. Nevada list it as "None of These Candidates" on their ballots.

As for voting 3rd party I don't see that as a good option some people actually do vote for the 3rd party because they actually want them in office. I don't think its a good idea to vote 3rd party to show my distaste for the major 2 party candidates. That A) Undermines the 3rd party Candidate's run which isn't far to them.
B) Doesn't show any real numbers of who didn't like the choices we had because you don't know how many really voted because they wanted them as president or were doing it because they didn't like the major parties.
C) I also think the numbers might be a bit different if we had this option because I;m sure I;m not the only one that has the same feelings on 3rd voting. Also in some states the "major" 3rd party candidate doesn't even make it onto the ballot.
I said writing in your own candidate.....not a third party.

Some people write in a person or fictional characters name or a slogan as a form of protest
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-in_candidate#Protest
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Do you see the problem with your line of logic yet or are you just gonna keep pandering your party dogma?

That was my point. Trump is popular for pandering to his party :P

You realize that Trump is not even close to what is considered a traditional Republican nowadays right? You realize the Republicans that are in control of the house and the senate are not conservative right? You realize the Republican party is fractured into two separate groups right now an argument could probably be made for three.

They are at least trying to listen to the voter base, unlike the Democrats who say and do ridiculous things and people just follow along blindly.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every state can do that. A lot of the ballots don't even give the option.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-01-07 00:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every state can do that. A lot of the ballots don't even give the option.
Supposedly only 7 states don't allow write in's for federal elections.
Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Dakota

Which I agree, is an issue.

Edit: you could also just turn in a blank ballot as a protest vote.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now look up all the ballots that don't give the option in the states that do. It's rather appalling.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That was my point. Trump is popular for pandering to his party :P

You realize that Trump is not even close to what is considered a traditional Republican nowadays right? You realize the Republicans that are in control of the house and the senate are not conservative right? You realize the Republican party is fractured into two separate groups right now an argument could probably be made for three.

They are at least trying to listen to the voter base, unlike the Democrats who say and do ridiculous things and people just follow along blindly.

Three, yup.

And I love when you pull the "unlike the Democrats" line. Aww, so cute. The lesser of evils argument.

Show me how it isn't the lesser of two evils and maybe, just maybe i'll actually listen to what you have to say. I guess my other points stand sense you have no input other than flailing around the same B.S.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A man fueled by history repeating itself proportions of ignorance?
Explain what the hell this is suppose to mean.

If someone offered me the chance to go out and eat a plate of ***or a less shittier plate of ***. I would stay home and post on the internet about the plate of **** being fed to me.
FTFY.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-01-07 00:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people write in a person or fictional characters name or a slogan as a form of protest
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-in_candidate#Protest
I'm sorry I took this: "(or voting for a relatively unknown person)" as meaning a 3rd party candidate. I now get what you meant.

TBH though Altimaomega was right what I should be doing is writing, calling & trying to spread the word to get the option Nevada has.

Also as pointed out some states don't have the option to do what you said which is a valid option but is ridiculous those states don't even give that option.

Quote:
Edit: you could also just turn in a blank ballot as a protest vote.
If you see my first post about this I already talked about blank ballots.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The kicking out illegals and banning Muslims "temporarily" is straight out of the handbook of despots throughout history.

What history? What country lets illegals flock through their boarders, pay for their health care and gives them food and housing? What country takes in refugees from a country it is currently bombing and basically at war with?

All the Republicans are asking is to hold off on refugees for a time and make people come here legally. It really isn't that much to ask for. It is our country. And just to be clear way more people want the refugees on hold than people who voted Obama into office. Vast Majority. It's not just a Conservative Republican thing.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-01-07 00:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And just to be clear way more people want the refugees on hold than people who voted Obama into office. Vast Majority.
I'd like to see where your numbers are coming from because every source I've seen has most American's opposing this. While Rep's are more in favor of it. I haven't even seen one show a majority of them even supporting it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-01-07 00:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The next logical course of action has to be Muslim Internment Camps.

Edit: I agree with floppy about the path this could lead too.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And just to be clear way more people want the refugees on hold than people who voted Obama into office. Vast Majority.
I'd like to see where your numbers are coming from because every source I've seen has most American's opposing this. While Rep's are more in favor of it. I haven't even seen one show a majority of them even supporting it.

I could go pull up information that says anywhere from 53-75% if you are really interested google it. As always information is biased on both sides so I'm not going to post crap here.

And yes Reps are more in favor of it. When has a Democrat did anything good for this country?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-07 00:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The kicking out illegals and banning Muslims "temporarily" is straight out of the handbook of despots throughout history.

What history? What country lets illegals flock through their boarders, pay for their health care and gives them food and housing? What country takes in refugees from a country it is currently bombing and basically at war with?

All the Republicans are asking is to hold off on refugees for a time and make people come here legally. It really isn't that much to ask for. It is our country. And just to be clear way more people want the refugees on hold than people who voted Obama into office. Vast Majority. It's not just a Conservative Republican thing.

Apparently history is hard.
Make a nation "great again", kick out the people who aren't like us, and stop those who think differently. Separately, together, those things have all happened before. Dark paths to go down.

Refugees? No no, this is not just them. This is about banning Muslims too "temporarily". What do you think about that Alti?

I will spare typing about the other things since I am sure this is the big boy in the room.

Now you're sounding like you misplaced your tin-foil hat. Apparently history is hard for democrats since you cannot find any sane reason too back-up your nonsensical dribble.

Answer this post.

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9