First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-13 20:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf quotes not working.
anyways Lowblow how did that happened? do you recall putting info elsewhere your POl?

and did you manage to get any items back from the gms?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-13 20:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you know whats sad? players working harder than SE to help each other with things SE should work on.... thats sad stuff.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-05-13 20:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
you know whats sad? players working harder than SE to help each other with things SE should work on.... thats sad stuff.

{true strike}
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2010-05-26 12:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add my own experience.
Before the secure token/RSA key was introduced, i was compromised by a flash vulnerability from an ad on mysterytour. Shortly after, i began playing on Linux via WINE. I have not had any problems since, and i use the token.
It was my own laziness that had me not running noscript on my machine in firefox, which due to adobe's lack of giving half a ***about security after buying out macromedia, lead to the compromising of my system.

I was on the phone with SE while my character was still logged in by the RMTs, they were able to lock the account, but i had already lost pretty much everything. It took months to get my account back because, having moved twice since i started, i have lost my original manual and had to send them a sworn affidavit, notarized, to them. they only gave me this option because i was able to tell them all of my character's names, main jobs, levels and the approximate dates which they were created.

playing in Linux adds an extra level of difficulty for your account to be hacked. the RMTs are looking for windows vulnerabilities, mix and match operating systems and program loaders would make them have to guess what you have to even start writing code to infect you.

please excuse my improper grammar, sentence structure and overuse of commas.
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2010-05-26 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rocketpop said:
Just as a small addition to ways of preventing hackers, the POL viewer has another security feature where you can encrypt your password, place the decrypter code (a txt file) onto another source (Like a flash drive), and then you can't log in without that.

Combine this with the token, and it will be extremely hard for anyone to hack you.

you are very correct, it will be extremely hard. but just to point out, a man in the middle attack or packet intercept can get your unencrypted password if POL isnt sending via an encrypted connection.

I also wanted to note that if you are disconnected, and you suspect foul play, IMMEDIATELY spam your POL ID with a bad password, or even good password with a bad token code into POL viewer for about a minute straight.
Attempting to log in with a good POL ID and bad password/token will count as an attempt to log in and kick your account off of any other terminal (as of a few months ago). Do this until your code changes and you should be able to lock them out. though they might have been able to log into the POL website and change your password or even disable the token, im not sure. to be safe, keep failing login untill you get your account locked.
 Diabolos.Cadeira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cadiz
By Diabolos.Cadeira 2010-06-03 13:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just found my account beeing stolen from me. The password has been changed...
So they can now hack accounts that are played on 360 only as well??? How do they do that? Still have all my registration codes so I should get my account back. Still I'm very upset. ;(

Oh and how long will it take about to get my account back if I call them tomorrow?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-03 13:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

well, don't forget that all your data is saved on SE and POL's servers, so chances are, 360/PS2 accounts can get hacked too o.o
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-03 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Tails said:
There was a breach in security so this is the email that's going out to players:
Quote:

Dear valued FINAL FANTASY XI player:

Square Enix is committed to protecting your user information. We have just been alerted to a potential breach of Square Enix’s secure systems from an external source. This may have resulted in the disclosure of a limited number of PlayOnline IDs, passwords and user account data. Please be assured that your credit card data has not been compromised. We are taking this matter very seriously and are conducting a full investigation.

As a precaution we are notifying you of this potential breach and we are resetting your PlayOnline password.

Please contact our Support Center by web chat and obtain a new password that differs from your prior password. Please keep this new password safe and always be on the alert for any “phishing” emails that ask you to disclose personal or financial information.

Support Center
http://support.na.square-enix.com/jump/chat2/

Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9:00AM to 6:00PM
*This week only, the Support Center will handle calls for this issue on Saturday June 5, and Sunday June 6.
*Please note that due to a large number of calls, it may take a long time until your call is handled. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

This e-mail has been sent out for your information only. Please do not reply to this e-mail address.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your continued support.

Damn.. They are getting desperate eh? £50 the source was either China or Korea lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Gir
Server: Fairy
user: Gir
By Fairy.Gir 2010-06-03 23:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Deciding to come back to the game again after 4 months and I found out that my account was hacked yesterday. I was still able to log in and stuff but all my gear was already sold, and apparently they activated my account during may.

I had already called SE and after waiting what seemed like a century, got my account locked for now. What I'm a little curious about is that they sent an email saying that I have to send them a notarized account verification form for them to continue with the investigation.

I'm not familiar with these kinds of situations so I was wondering if having to fill out a form like that normal for this situation?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-03 23:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We have just been alerted to a potential breach of Square Enix’s secure systems from an external source. This may have resulted in the disclosure of a limited number of PlayOnline IDs, passwords and user account data. However, since your PlayOnline ID is linked to your SQUARE ENIX Account, your PlayOnline account was not compromised as a result of the potential breach.

Is what happened. I'd go to the live chat and verify it's your account and reset the password.
 Fairy.Gir
Server: Fairy
user: Gir
By Fairy.Gir 2010-06-04 00:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I get to the live chat thingy? Was trying to look for that the other day but I guess I'm blind or something.

I had already requested for a Game Data Recovery when I called them. When I logged on to my character (which got its name changed) I was standing in front of the delivery npc, naked, with gear already sold. I also changed my info the same day. I haven't played since I canceled my ID this past January, logged on yesterday to find out that I'm paying for my account being active during May w/o my knowledge.

I guess what I'm concerned about atm is that do I have to send that notarized form or would doing that live chat be more beneficial for getting my stuff back the way it was.
 Midgardsormr.Benedicto
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Veriseph
By Midgardsormr.Benedicto 2010-06-04 18:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally got hacked before this whole security breach thing, no idea how it happened. Just logged in one day and my password's changed. I text a friend who was online at the time and he was able to get a GM to freeze my account by giving him some information regarding the character. The part they failed at was when I tried recovering my account after they did a reset on it (took a few days) they reset my password to what it formerly was when it was breached. Well this wasn't smart seeing that hmm the hacker that breached the account knew that password in the first place. I tried logging in after I read the email I'd received from them and not much to my surprise, the password I'd entered was incorrect. Fantastic, and to make matters worse, you're only allowed one full character reset/recovery. I just gave up and told them to cancel the account.
 Midgardsormr.Benedicto
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Veriseph
By Midgardsormr.Benedicto 2010-06-04 18:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

And for the record, I'm back again, for the fifth time.
 Gilgamesh.Tenchu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tenchu4
By Gilgamesh.Tenchu 2010-06-07 03:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just logged out today to restart my desktop for stuff for the second time today, and on the second time I tired to log back in but POL keeps saying my POL PW or ID is wrong. I know they aren't because I haven't touched them in 2+ years. I also haven't received an email from SE yet. I think I got hacked but I have no clue as of yet. :(
By Khara 2010-06-07 04:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently having that same issue Tenchu, I think POL is acting up right now. To make sure, go to the Square Enix website and see if you can log in there, I could and that's how I know my password is still correct... But POL is being dumb. >:(
 Leviathan.Lileana
Server: Leviathan
user: Sumiyaka
By Leviathan.Lileana 2010-06-07 04:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the Same issue. Logged last night for work and when i try to get on now get "Playonline ID or Password is incorrect" but I'm able to log into SE account.
 Gilgamesh.Tenchu
user: Tenchu4
By Gilgamesh.Tenchu 2010-06-07 04:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So I forgot to check ALL of my emails. I am able to log in after they sent me an email just 2 hrs ago (about the time I couldnt log in). Just be sure to check all of them and be patient I guess :P
 Gilgamesh.Khara
user: Khara
By Gilgamesh.Khara 2010-06-07 04:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so they changed my PW on me. I see. -_-;
 Alexander.Fattie
user: Fattie
By Alexander.Fattie 2010-06-07 16:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tenchu said:
So I forgot to check ALL of my emails. I am able to log in after they sent me an email just 2 hrs ago (about the time I couldnt log in). Just be sure to check all of them and be patient I guess :P

I think SE is mailing your new PW through the postal service
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-07 16:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I'd post this for ST people.

There's like 30 seconds (I think, can't remember) before your random code disappears and the server resets it. There's a SLIGHT chance of a keylogger sending your code to someone to get into your account before the time is up! Personally what I do is wait to type in the code just before it disappears, that way by the time I log in the code is reset.

Also on a side note, I wonder what the hackers tooks, PWs and account info for sure... I also wonder if they took the algorithms for security tokens as well...
By mjrtarget 2010-06-07 20:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well my account was hacked by PlayOnline. they told me they changed my password, and they wont tell me the new password unless I send them a copy of my drivers license and wait 2-7 business days because I forgot to change my email address with PlayOnline, but it is correct with Square-Enix. so here is a copy of my letter to PlayOnline/Square-Enix.

Hi.

My name is ------------, my PlayOnline ID was --------. I have had this account for about 2 and a half years maybe longer. I have been playing FFXI since it came out in the US.

I have a security token to protect my account from hackers. But I guess it didn’t protect me from PlayOnline resetting my password. After 4 phone calls to support, I was able to reset my girl friends account but I wasn’t able to reset mine because I forgot to change my email address listed with playonline when I changed to a different cable company. I was able to update my email address with Square-Enix a few minutes ago. I think it’s strange that I was able to verify my information to cancel my PlayOnline account, but I couldn’t get my password reset. I could have provided all other information to confirm it was me. But I REFUSE to send you a copy of my drivers license and wait 2-7 days for a problem that I didn’t create and was stated in http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19199.shtml “If you have linked your PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix Account, your account will be safe due to the nature of the information possibly breached. Please be assured that sensitive information such as your credit card number has not been compromised.”

I did have my account linked to a Square Enix account and Playonline reset my password and refuses to give it to me. So I guess my information wasn’t safe.

Well I canceled my account, I was looking forward to the new level cap increase and the new weapon skills and all the new stuff coming out soon. I was also looking forward to FFXIV but not anymore if this is the way you treat you long term customers.

If you would like me back as a customer and want to let me know what MY password is
Please feel free to call me or contact me and I’ll be happy to discuss it.

Name
Address
Cell
By mjrtarget 2010-06-07 20:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-07 20:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't just go to the live chat and verify your account there? I don't see how that would be a problem.
By mjrtarget 2010-06-07 21:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope they told me I have/had 1 choice to get the account back. send a copy of my drivers Lic. and wait 2-7 days. I talked to 4 different people there.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-07 21:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do it and get it over with then?
 Alexander.Haptic
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-06-10 02:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Been on roll back for 11 weeks, almost 12 weeks...
Ever sense it started march 23rd, I been hearing the same ***. "Your account is under the process that's all the information we have... anything else I can help you with."

I Don't call them very often, maybe 2 times a week...
But I'm gonna start calling them more often and bug the ***out of them... at least 2 times per day every day!

Ask to speak to supervisor "I'm sorry he can't accept your call right now...".
 Bismarck.Naeo
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-06-21 13:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Haptic said:
Been on roll back for 11 weeks, almost 12 weeks...
Ever sense it started march 23rd, I been hearing the same ***. "Your account is under the process that's all the information we have... anything else I can help you with."

I Don't call them very often, maybe 2 times a week...
But I'm gonna start calling them more often and bug the ***out of them... at least 2 times per day every day!

Ask to speak to supervisor "I'm sorry he can't accept your call right now...".

this is precisely why when i got my original account back, i just did the server change back to my home server, and didn't bother with a rollback, my gear's far less important to me as getting my original guy back._. though i have to admit, i loathe the idea of saving up for another manteel / minstrel's ring / random gear. But it's better than fighting with SE D:
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14