Ok, So I Just 20 Mins Ago Got Hacked...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ok, so i just 20 mins ago got hacked...
ok, so i just 20 mins ago got hacked...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Alexxe
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 03:41:42
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

So, 30 mins ago, i was sat in gustav tunnel. I get a tell come through saying "GM gnSANNI>> This is GmSanni. Your account has been reported as being involved in an act of theft. Please go to www.playonline-enix.com to confirm membership. If not resolved serious action will be taken on your account". So' i did. Entered my details, 2 seconds later, i was booted from game, cos it was logged in elsewhere.

NOW, before you all start to flame me...

I was on holiday, and out of game for a week up until friday, so havent heard about all the fake tells being sent. And the main reason i responded, was that i switched servers yesterday, so i thought it might be coz of that.

Anyway, after the 1st boot from game, i managed to get back in, and called a gm. Was halfway through explaining to them, and got booted again. Now, my password has been changed, and i cant even get back into the POL viewer. So far they havent managed to get online with my char, as my husband keeps checking my name. I think my token must be the only thing keeping them out....
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-31 03:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahaha
[+]
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 03:44:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i was ready for the idiotic responses, just thought i would let ppl know the latest scam.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-31 03:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite my first reaction and thoughts on wanting to flame the ***out of this, i have to take a step back and realize that the way they are taking out these scams COULD get past some peoples common sense.

I had a RL friend call me when he got one of these tells asking wtf, and i told him to ignore it and that it was a scam. He doesn't play that often these days because of work. When i hung up the phone at first i thought "you dumb ***" but then i though "Well i guess they are pulling it off as best as you possibly can".

The only other thing i can say is to pay attention to the FFXI news section before you hit play, i believe there is a direct warning ABOUT those scams.

As they keep telling people:

1) They will never ask you for your information unless your on the phone and they want you to prove it's you... even then they only ask for the last 4 of your credit card, and non-revealing things like that

2) IF they ARE going to suspend or ban you, please believe that your screen will suddenly be black and you will be warped to GM jail... you'll know it when you see it. At that point they will discuss the problem with you.

So basically just call them today or whenever you can through the week and explain what has happened. If you lost a lot of valuables and it's your first time they can work with you to recover your character or roll it back.
[+]
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 03:57:02

Earliest i can call is tomorrow, as the helpline is shut as its bank holiday. All i can say is atm, they havent managed to get onto alexxe, so i just gotta hope they cant work their way around the token.
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-08-31 03:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately the current site they are giving out... does look legit when you go to it. So those that like the OP can't get on all the time and don't see these /t and the warnings posted by SE could be lead to believe it's a true GM /t. The only thing is that when a GM sends you a /t you can definately tell it's a GM something like "GM Dave>> yadda yadda" Not like "Dave>> This is GM Dave yadda yadda"

User submitted image

Most recent /t I've gotten was them saying I was suspected of stealing someone's account...

User submitted image

Made a GM call about it like I've done for the past 3 /t I've received. Got an automated response, but I figured as much since I'm sure I wasn't the only one to call them about it.

User submitted image
[+]
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 04:06:05

omg, thats the exact same person who sent me the tell, gnsanni.

So much for them looking into it...
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-08-31 04:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> At least we Bahamutians don't get those..
[+]
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 04:08:29

yeah, wish id stayed on Odin. Never had any of these there.
 Kujata.Appare
Server: Kujata
user: appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-08-31 04:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:
The only thing is that when a GM sends you a /t you can definately tell it's a GM something like "GM Dave>> yadda yadda" Not like "Dave>> This is GM Dave yadda yadda"

In some tells they seem to use windower/whatever to insert a few blank lines in the tell, so the only thing you see is:
[GM] Scambot> log in or get banned yaddayadda.

A friend of mine got one of these and was hacked, too. All they got was an Ixion cloak and about 80.000 gil before he managed to log back in, the password wasn`t changed by the hackers. He change PW quickly, then he issued a GM call.
It took about 10 days for SE to get his char back online, luckily he also got the cloak and his money back.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-08-31 04:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Appare said:
In some tells they seem to use windower/whatever to insert a few blank lines in the tell, so the only thing you see is:

Windower? They use a ! and a bunch of blank space to carry the [GM] to a new line to make it look legit.
 Pandemonium.Tamoa
Server: Pandemonium
user: Tomassin
By Pandemonium.Tamoa 2009-08-31 04:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Appare said:

Windower? They use a ! and a bunch of blank space to carry the [GM] to a new line to make it look legit.

I honestly don't know how anybody can think that looks legit.
[+]
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-08-31 04:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ANYONE who gives out their info to ANYTHING is DUMB. I'm sorry. They CLEARLY stated in the little window before you log on, that sometimes informs you about maintenances TO NEVER EVER -EEEEEEEEVER- give out your info to anything. They said they wouldn't ask for your info, so I'm sorry, but no pity here. LS mate just told us yesterday he did same thing, and I have no pity for him either.
Also, what kinda GM ever used "Dear Sir/Madame"? It's always been for example:

[GM]Idkwhatkindaname>> Good evening Conchita, Red Mage of Windurst.

So since it's RMTs it would be too much work for them to send different jobs/location or w/e else it is GMs usually do, you can completely tell it is scam.... unless your superguilable <.>

Another difference... you wouldn't ever just have to verify your account and then be able to keep playing, wtf's that about? A GM would port you into their "jail" and there have a chat with you and inform you about it. Have you guys never heard about the GM jail? Man...

I could keep going about this, but I won't. This scam is so old now tho....

/waits for people to log onto those so called "rewards" site and cry that they didn't win 500k gil, but instead got hacked ... <.>

I'm really beginning to wonder how many people actually went to that site... heard of 2 cases so far in the last 12 hours. lol.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-08-31 04:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:
hahahaha
[+]
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 04:54:42

ok, in response, i have never had to call a GM, so wouldnt know what they do or not put.

But anyways, the good news is, my husband got a GM on his account, explained the situation, gave the gm all my details and stuff, and got my account frozen. So luckily for me they cant get in now anyway, so hopefully all my gears still there, as they hadnt managed to get online.
 Titan.Blitzchaos
Server: Titan
By Titan.Blitzchaos 2009-08-31 04:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-31 04:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
Hackstealandbot said:
hahahaha
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-08-31 05:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with your account Alexxe. ^^
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2009-08-31 05:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd post = win
[+]
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-08-31 05:04:55

Thanks to those of you that gave support and helpful advice. It was much appreciated^^
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-31 05:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear about your account, but the only thing in this thread that stood out to me;

Midnightmemory>> are you a hot mom?
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-08-31 06:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

im sorry but if you take advice from an apparent GM that does not even have [GM] in there name, and can be persuaded to go to a website called "PLayonline-euix" your just plain stupid.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-08-31 07:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

just a thought shoudlnt SE put it in the login text info when u first go on game liek they do with events and so on?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Sedda
user: Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2009-08-31 07:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That and GMs have [GM](Name) ...noone can make their name [GM]. I had a friend this happened to.

A GM will NEVER contact you unless it's to check to see if you are a bot (Which normally goes something like "Hi (job) (Name). If you see this please /tell or ctrl+r to reply).

They will always add in your job (Even if you change XD)

Good thing is if you have all your info then more then likely they will be able to get your account back to you in one piece. Good luck!
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-08-31 07:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Remora.Naminee
user: KelliM
By Remora.Naminee 2009-08-31 08:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got some during merit pt. I laughed a bit because it really wasn't thought through enough...

User submitted image

User submitted image

If those didn't SCREAM RMT to someone on Remora, I don't know what did. (Altho one person in our merit party did start to freak out a bit. Poor guy.)
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 08:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My GF panicked for a moment when she got a message like that (the !, spaces, then GM>>). I assured her it was a scam, and even got the same /tell a minute or so later. I suppose I should inform her more about GM jail and whatnot for when I'm not sitting next to her while we're playing.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-31 08:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"Tooliscool" is totally a GM. lol
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-31 08:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What always impresses me are the following two things:

1) a GM tell has the name like this: [GM]AddNameHere >>
So it impresses the hell outta me every time someone falls for a fake GM tell because they don't look a DAMN THING like the real deal.

and...

2) It mentions it all over the ToS and in warnings splashed across the front pages and log-on screens that "SE WILL NEVER ask you for your PASSWORD or MEMBER INFORMATION in-game"
They usually just send you a mail message... or just ban you completely if they feel like it.

amazes me people fall for the crap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5