First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-09-01 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
It won't matter. You'll eventually have to log in again for maintenance or your internet blips out. If you have a key logger program on your system you'll get hacked.

The ONLY way to prevent this is to have a security token and NOT log into a phishing website and give them your latest working token number. The token isn't 100% but it is your best prevention method at this time.

I guess I am pretty much safe, I use firefox + all the anal retentive addons that will keep me secure plus I have enough security on my computer it could stop it in it's tracks if it even looks at my computer wrong.

I normally don't browse too much of the internet so I doubt I would be susceptible to attacks unless either this site, the wiki or BG got hacked (fat chance of that, but could happen) I tend to try to stay on-top of sites that have been compromised (like that map site a while ago, or so I heard) I NEVER listen to /tells directed at me unless I know who the person is or a party invite.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-01 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Boundsoul said:
Kat, did your account get hacked? If so, when? i noticed i didn't see you in dynamis on saturday and thought that was wierd.

No, I just didn't feel like going. I had perfect attendance since my hacking and just needed a break. I was the glass *** for the night, then I fell asleep in my chair. (Believe me, if I got hacked, I'd be on Vent screaming about it)

I was hacked March 12th, 2009. My account was stripped of everything except the r/e crap I have, 10k, and some crappy Assault Earring that I never owned. It was moved to Valefor. (Take note of the date. It was before the security token.)

Character was also stripped of ISP (over 35k) and Conquest Points (over 200k). I assume Assault Points as well, since I had that stupid earring in my inventory, but I don't do Salvage (yet) so I never checked.

And I was browsing with the latest edition of Firefox (at the time), No Script, Ad Block Plus, with various scanners that I set to run once a day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-01 12:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

even though its belated, sorry to here that that happened to you
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-01 12:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Boundsoul said:
even though its belated, sorry to here that that happened to you

Eh, I've been over it for a while. You can blame Nata for getting me back in the game. I was done with it (was actually admining on my friend's private WoW server), and he just wouldn't shut up about. So a month before I was able to transfer my main back to Cerberus, I made a mule and did spell scroll quests that netted me enough money to equip my WHM. Nata also had equipment that belonged to me and owed me 300k from a long time ago, so I was pretty set gil wise.
 Bismarck.Grizzlie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Grizzlie 2009-09-01 12:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 2 people in my LS were hacked and well the only been using FFXIAH and wiki.... and i know someone who got a viris from wiki. Also a while ago a friend was hacked and this was when just about every site incuding FFXIAH had keyloggers suposidly but idk.. i dont use wiki only ffxiah. Also on the fire fox thing i dont use it i use IE if ur not stupid about which sites u go on have a pop up blocker and anti viris's and you should be safe. Just dont be stupid about thing and your account should be safe.

o and for people who dont know the fake GM tell looks something like this:
Playername: Hello this is GMplayername your account has be suspected to be involved with account stealing. please Visit
www.playonline-enix.com(DONT GO TO THIS SITE OR YOU WONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT).
If you have never seen a GM tell before it has GMname: hello this is GMname
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 12:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In firefox if you attempt to goto that site now you are welcomed with a big warning about it.

User submitted image

And just for shits and giggles I tried in IE.
User submitted image
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 13:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
my brothers account was hacked at the beginning of the weekend. it was noticed by a rl friend that saw him on line but knew that he was not home. a gm was called and asked him to verify name,race,nation,jobs,levels then froze the account. however it was to late and he was cleaned out. avalon, genie, novia, novio, pcc, hq blessed set, and tons of hq crap.

he has never played on a pc. he doesnt share his information with anyone either. se is going to do a roll back but even that is going to be painful as a 3 100+3 crafts leaves alot of items and gil on the ah and in the delivery box. even that aside the worst part is that you can only ever get one roll back. se simply puts their head in the sand and say im sorry i cant comment on that. or company policy is one roll back sorry. the problem her is not the player in any way its an internal se problem that they need to fix and or adress for their clientel. i have never seen or delt with a company that has such terrible customer service or support. i run my own three companies myself and if i conduct myself like that with customers i would be out of business very soon.

any advice or information relating to accounts on ps2/360 being hacked would be appriciated.

just read that on BG and yeah >.>
Im pretty sure Console can't be hacked sooo....

I dunno I find this whole thing kinda fishy
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 13:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
In firefox if you attempt to goto that site now you are welcomed with a big warning about it.

User submitted image

And just for shits and giggles I tried in IE.
User submitted image

Hey man , I set the security in my browser for this to happen in firefox but it's not working lol. Is it a version mismatch or am I doing something wrong?

My version of firefox is 3.0.13

Doing tools, options, security dialog and clicking to give warnings about sites suspected of forgery.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 13:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Get 3.5

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 13:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah didn't work. Let me make sure I understand how this works. Let me guess your supposed to add the site yourself are you? Lol How fruity in the booty.

Oh wait not way to add it nvm.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 13:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I just went to the site and that came up. I didn't have to add anything or change my default settings.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 13:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wierd it's not listed in my exception list either.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 13:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Firefox and IE performs a server side check against their list of known phishing/forgery websites every time you type in a URL. If it matches it puts up that splash page to warn you. You should never see anything client side about every phishing website out there.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 13:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
I believe Firefox and IE performs a check against their list of known phishing/forgery websites every time you type in a URL. If it matches it puts up that splash page to warn you. You should never see anything client side about every phishing website out there.

It suddenly started working. Nice.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-01 13:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically the security token is like a condom then? Neither one is a 100% method of prevention but to not have one in the first place is just asking for trouble.
[+]
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-09-01 14:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally find these new RMT GM scams outrageous. As soon as I got a tell from a "GM" I knew it was a fake, but I also knew a fair few people (who have never had contact with a GM etc) were going to fall for it. And I'm going to stand up for those who do, because they aren't stupid people for thinking it could be a real GM, if they have never dealt with one before. The RMTs are quite clever because the website they give you also looks as if it could be the real deal, as some of the screenshots have shown.

The one I got was www.playonline.tc/Complaint.html which to those who may not be internet savvy, does look like a legit website.

I really hope SE does something about this, getting RMT tells trying to sell you gil is one thing, but actually sending links to phishing websites so they can hack your accounts is completely out of order. SE will end up losing customers too if this isn't taken seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Xed
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-01 14:29:18
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Playonline.tc said:

you need complaints when you received system of warning, We will be processing as soon as possible.
if you dont have uspected of lllegal trade for gold, you will still your game.

*All personal information entered into the official SQUARE-ENIX Co., Ltd. login screen is encrypted in 128-bit SSL format for safe transfer, and is closely monitored at all times.

Lol @ the Engrish.

EDIT: All your game belong to us.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-09-01 14:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Xed said:
Playonline.tc said:

you need complaints when you received system of warning, We will be processing as soon as possible.
if you dont have uspected of lllegal trade for gold, you will still your game.

*All personal information entered into the official SQUARE-ENIX Co., Ltd. login screen is encrypted in 128-bit SSL format for safe transfer, and is closely monitored at all times.

Lol @ the Engrish.

EDIT: All your game belong to us.

Lol, I didnt enter the website as I probably have enough virus' and nasty things on my laptop anyway, I didn't want to add to the 80+ warnings I get a week from my virus checker lol.

But yeh, thats so poorly worded if anyone went there and still put their details in, they would be a moron.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-09-01 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL @ SE

Why SE would allow to hotlink their Images? The Site Looks legit (except for spelling errors). The images that make it look like FFXI Linkshell community are Hot linked from Fanzone.playonline.com
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Elmodfz said:
I personally find these new RMT GM scams outrageous. As soon as I got a tell from a "GM" I knew it was a fake, but I also knew a fair few people (who have never had contact with a GM etc) were going to fall for it. And I'm going to stand up for those who do, because they aren't stupid people for thinking it could be a real GM, if they have never dealt with one before. The RMTs are quite clever because the website they give you also looks as if it could be the real deal, as some of the screenshots have shown.

The one I got was www.playonline.tc/Complaint.html which to those who may not be internet savvy, does look like a legit website.

I really hope SE does something about this, getting RMT tells trying to sell you gil is one thing, but actually sending links to phishing websites so they can hack your accounts is completely out of order. SE will end up losing customers too if this isn't taken seriously.

Can't hide behind Ignorance all the time tho
 Diabolos.Sasuken
Server: Diabolos
user: xSasukenx
By Diabolos.Sasuken 2009-09-01 16:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm going to add my story too. I got one of my 3 chars hacked two weeks ago had all in the same PC and the only than got stolen was the one with the most gil in hand (Idk if this have something to do). I don't own a security tokken but even I got the fake GM tell never logged to the url they gave to me, always visit the same sites since ages rarely check other sites unless I got school hw or something like that but other than that I never log into diferent webpages.
But I still got hacked the only diferent thing. I noticed last time I logged into that char was to mule some stuff you cant transfer via delivery box to my overnight bazaar mule when logged out instead get the POL Window the POL Viewer closed itself w/o any notice but I thought it was some Windows crap like usual and went to bed, the next day I couldnt log at all getting the "Incorrect Password" thing. Got my character back already but doing the game recovery thing since all my stuff got stolen and I got moved to Fenrir server.
Only funny thing RMT was so nice to buy me NQ Staffs after they sold all my HQ ones lol.

Usual sites I visit are FFXIAH, Wiki, BG, Gmail, Facebook and 4chan sometimes but thats it and still got hacked w/o logging at any weird RMT site and my other 2 characters are ok.

P.s. I'm not a native English speaker just trying put here my story for everyone than something similar happened before I get flamed because my crappy gramar lol.
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-09-01 18:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

POL window said:
Warning Regarding PlayOnline ID and Password Fraud

It has come to our attention that certain individuals are referring players to fake FINAL FANTASY XI websites resembling the log-in page of the Linkshell Community site in an attempt to steal (also known as "phishing") the PlayOnline ID and password. We are currently investigating and working to take the appropriate actions against these malicious websites.

Be careful with your information so as not to become a victim of "phishing." Be sure to access the official PlayOnline website (http://www.playonline.com/) first when accessing PlayOnline services through a website. Do not disclose the PlayOnline ID or password to anyone or attempt to log-in anywhere other than the official FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community and PlayOnline website.

*The only exception is when dealing directly with a PlayOnline Information Center representative via the PlayOnline Service & Support Web Chat system. You may be asked for the PlayOnline ID or registration code in such cases.

Also, please note that Square Enix representative (Game Master (GM) staff included) will never ask players to log into an external website within the game. If you experience such a request while in-game, please report the matter to a GM immediately.

Keep your data safe! Keep the PlayOnline ID and Password secure!

1 month was this message, before entering to FFXI, and any take the time for reading?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-02 00:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Moved here.

Rainer said:
I was playing about an hour ago got logged off by something, and when i came back i was at the AH in whitegate with no gil and no royal cloak. I havent done anything like go to the fake websites or any kind of scam and i have a security token. How was this possiable? Now my password is changed and my pt thinks im a jerk. lol

Chibixzero said:
if your passsword was change how were you able to get back on

Rainer said:
After i saw my stuff was gone i called a GM and he told me to change my password so i logged off and then found out my password was changed for me before i could do it. I didnt get changed the first time they waited until i was logged again.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Rainer
user: Avenger
By Gilgamesh.Rainer 2009-09-02 01:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sorry to anyone on Gilgamesh that gets a RMT tell from Rainer.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-09-02 01:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I was navigating the site and Put in fake info and click okay. a window popped asking to put in your one time code from the token. if Am correct in the token/site it tells you never to give your password. Why would you do now
 Gilgamesh.Rainer
By Gilgamesh.Rainer 2009-09-02 01:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never been to any site from a tell in game and the only time i used my token or password any where but in POL.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-02 01:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainer said:
I am sorry to anyone on Gilgamesh that gets a RMT tell from Rainer.

were did u fall for the fake MP trick?
 Gilgamesh.Rainer
By Gilgamesh.Rainer 2009-09-02 01:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the MP trick?
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-02 02:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainer said:
What is the MP trick?

sorry typo GM*
 Gilgamesh.Rainer
By Gilgamesh.Rainer 2009-09-02 02:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope didnt fall for that. Wasnt doing anything diffrent than normal just got randomly logged off and then my stuff was gone. when i logged again to change my password i was locked out. I havent done anything diffrent or gone to any sites except the ones i have gone to for the past year.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14