First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Twotones
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-08-02 05:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Cadeira said:
So I just found my account beeing stolen from me. The password has been changed...
So they can now hack accounts that are played on 360 only as well??? How do they do that? Still have all my registration codes so I should get my account back. Still I'm very upset. ;(

Oh and how long will it take about to get my account back if I call them tomorrow?

Well I know some1 that plays ffxi on xbox360 and they got hacked and all his friends called a gm and the same gm responded to them and did not lock his account. Now bear with me he also has a security token. Now this person that I know has friends in high places and they actually found evidence of the gm being involved in the hacking and also who did it. Now who is to say well im having a bad day at work and this person pissed me off so you going to suffer for it. When this person proves this it will be a massive law suit against SE.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-02 07:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things about SE's way of handling these situations bothers me a lot.

First, their Customer Service hours are complete ***. If your account gets hacked during the 16 hours their customer service lines aren't open you're completely screwed. A corporation that generates as much money off their product as FFXI does should have 24/7 Customer Support service period.

Second, Rollback is ridiculous. I was hacked like 3 months into playing(happened over a year ago) the game. I was told by the GM (when I finally got control of my account back 11 hours later because Customer Service hours weren't open) that part of rolling back was possibly losing a month worth of progress you made in the game. On top of that, you can never rollback again(unless you have a token)

So possibly a months worth of quests, leveling, items gained, r/ex stuff gotten, gil made would all be erased. In a game that's been around this long where help is not easy to get for quests and leveling, there is seriously no better way to retrieve what was stolen from a player?

With all the modern technology we have SE has no way of seeing who did it, banning them and restoring what was taken without erasing up to a month of your hard work?

Now I know they are in the business of making profit, but it would be cool if they even tried to show the slightest sincerity, concern, or effort towards their customers.

SE, I call ***.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-02 07:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When I got hacked the person I talked to asked when I last logged out and I didn't know really so I got to pick the date I wanted the rollback to go back to >_> I got everything but a ring back at least
 Asura.Twotones
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-08-03 07:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I know that when the person that got hacked on xbox that he was playing on it was after people hacked into se and got the info but he was never given a letter or anything. Now with what Catabolic said yes se support sucks badly and thats being nice also their gm same way. Put it like this I know for a fact that gm's play because I reported some1 for comming over to our camp and killing our sheep that pops chigeos. Gm told me that it was nothing he could do even though I say and shouted it and eventually mpk me but yet I couldnt do that to them or I would get jailed. This is the BS we got to face and them being how you say it unfair and rude. This is why I belive that se should be suedand ill give you the reasons.
1. Gm that play that I notice is with botting ls and when you call a gm they wont do anything.
2. SE support and gm's about helping you out when you get hacked due to them leaking info or changing the rules to protect them.
3. to tired to think going to sleep.
 Leviathan.Helix
Server: Leviathan
user: Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-08-11 07:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay! I'm back! yeah I got hacked. I gotta say, SE/Playonline were great to me. I had logged out at like 2:00 am a couple weeks ago and when I got up and tried to log in..."Incorrect ID or password".

So I called SE, went thru verification and got my password changed. Sure enough, when I logged in, my main had been stripped of anything of value, moved to another server and my name changed.

It took about 8 actual business days to get it all straightened out, but I'm back on Leviathan, got my name and all my stuff back and I only lost a few days of work on lowbie jobs I was playing around with.

I have to say it's an attitude changing experience. First off, I won't bust on SE near as hard anymore, they were very helpful and very serious about fixing this ...

and I'm gonna try to not be such an A-hole. I have taken my online play time for granted, I'm going to try and be a little more appreciative of it now.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 07:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to hear SE got one right.
By owdin 2010-08-14 20:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Helix said:
Yay! I'm back! yeah I got hacked. I gotta say, SE/Playonline were great to me. I had logged out at like 2:00 am a couple weeks ago and when I got up and tried to log in..."Incorrect ID or password". So I called SE, went thru verification and got my password changed. Sure enough, when I logged in, my main had been stripped of anything of value, moved to another server and my name changed. It took about 8 actual business days to get it all straightened out, but I'm back on Leviathan, got my name and all my stuff back and I only lost a few days of work on lowbie jobs I was playing around with. I have to say it's an attitude changing experience. First off, I won't bust on SE near as hard anymore, they were very helpful and very serious about fixing this ... and I'm gonna try to not be such an A-hole. I have taken my online play time for granted, I'm going to try and be a little more appreciative of it now.

lets add to this person comment, if you had a data recovery once before SE will not help you. Olnly way they will concider helping you is if you have a token, by wich they have been sold out for months. The person who Twotones is talking about is me.

I had to get 39 ppl to call a gm to lock my account. if the GM would have followed SE guildline then my account would have been hacked for 5 min. all information we passed to the GM to lock the account was told was not enough. after a 1hr 1/2 and a secound GM, the account was locked by a email adress. My email adress is not a simple one either. I play on 360 and had no way to contact SE when my account was hacked on a sunday morning. How do i have a way just to call SE and be given a way to lock my account with out a teller person being on to answer my call. Just have a line that lock account by touch pad, not hard... some banks have this system. well im off i have to get back to real life

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Celadonia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Celadonia
By Pandemonium.Celadonia 2010-08-22 02:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Helix said:
Yay! I'm back! yeah I got hacked. I gotta say, SE/Playonline were great to me. I had logged out at like 2:00 am a couple weeks ago and when I got up and tried to log in..."Incorrect ID or password".

So I called SE, went thru verification and got my password changed. Sure enough, when I logged in, my main had been stripped of anything of value, moved to another server and my name changed.

It took about 8 actual business days to get it all straightened out, but I'm back on Leviathan, got my name and all my stuff back and I only lost a few days of work on lowbie jobs I was playing around with.

I have to say it's an attitude changing experience. First off, I won't bust on SE near as hard anymore, they were very helpful and very serious about fixing this ...

and I'm gonna try to not be such an A-hole. I have taken my online play time for granted, I'm going to try and be a little more appreciative of it now.

Sad thing is, you're going to be hacked again soon. Only computer noobs get hacked, and they will continue to get hacked.

Stop using internet explorer. Scrub. Firefox+Noscript is like double wrapping your *** when with a college ***. Since 1/3 have a STD, it's crazy not to.

(That's helpful trolling.)
 Fenrir.Sytah
Server: Fenrir
user: Sytah
By Fenrir.Sytah 2010-09-15 11:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hacked and stripped in 2008. Took 3 months for the rollback. Was hacked again early 2009. Was stripped and transferred to a different server. SE did not help me in anyway. They only help you once. I was stuck on a different server for three months with no gil and no gear. (except rare ex). I met a really nice linkshell on Ramuh, and got my thf from lvl 1-75 in that three month period. It was a nice change, but losing 4 years worth of gear and gil was awful, and PAYING for TWO world transfers that I did not want was ***.

1 month after being hacked the second time, they come out with the security token....

The only websites I used then were ffxiah.com, the linkshell community site, and wiki. I honestly think it was because of the linkshell community site.
 Fenrir.Sytah
Server: Fenrir
user: Sytah
By Fenrir.Sytah 2010-09-15 11:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I got hacked too, but SE helped me get my life back on track and even paid for my college tuition, thanks SE.

LOL. I considered quitting when I got hacked the second time. <3
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-15 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Alyria said:
No flaming, this thread is for information.
That was information. Like Cai pointed out, people who frequent sites like FFXIAH should be fully aware of all that Hackery that goes on, yet they still fall for the most simple of tricks to get hold of their personal information. edit: Oh btw, those 'security tokens" can be cracked, so God help you people who ran out and got one.

mines done its job just fine.hack free!
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-15 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh

I was hacked, god knows when. It was a dark time though.

Anyways, my char was stripped of virtually everything, so were my mules. The only things that were left behind was a few rare/ex items, 6-7 shihei and some crafting mats. In the month prior to this, I had taken my Rng from being unlocked to 67, and finished getting my Bst to 75.

I contacted SE, and sent in all my info for a rollback, they got my char back... But, my Rng went back to being unlocked, my Bst went back to lvl 69, and out of 12m + gil, I got 100k out of it @.@ as well as missing so many merits! Amazingly I raged more over Bst then anything else, cause I had spent a week soloing for hrs on end[For people who know me, I'm a terrible soloist XD]. Luckily I met 2 other bsts and we raped the hell out of the mire, got my lvl 75 back fast :).

Never learned who did it though :|
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2010-09-26 05:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

was hacked friday night september 24th . actually recieved a error message saying that my account has been access from anouther terminal in game in the middle of a quest and was dissconected. log back on not even 5 seconds later and get the incorrect password message. called SE support asap. (had to wait till next day since it was almost midnight) managed to get my password changed . go to log in and get a 5312 error. so i call se back and apparently the ahole who hacked also changed the e-mail associated with my account so igot to get this notary form signed and stamped by a notary public to get the e-mail changed back to mine so im hoping to be back asap . the guy i talked with temporarily suspended my account so the douche cant acceess it anymore. but funny thing is SE support is 9001 times better than WoWs p.o.s. service lol
 Asura.Aust
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2010-10-06 17:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll figure out what haappend tonight, but here is my story. I cancled my account about 2 months ago, but the month of Oct., Oct.4th to be exact, I had a 25$ charge from SE to my bank. There are a few options of what could be going on. I called SE today and they said it sounds like someone actavaited the account and it's got two months of charges/reactivation fees. If I dispute the charges the account will be banned.

I have another account linked to my credit card, so it possible somoene else did activate that account. I'm wondering if there is a way to take the bank information and find out what account was charged? My last question is, when people get hacked, does it seem to happen when people quit/leave the game? I was in the same boat as "if you get hacked, your pretty stupid". (and if I wasn't hacked, I still believe that :p) most people I know who have been hacked seems to usually happen when the account is not active.

Honestly, If I were hacked it wouldn't kill me lol I had abojt 30k on my account and maybe 1M worth of sellable items >_<. If I am hacked I'll just get it rolled back.
 Asura.Aust
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2010-10-06 17:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems weird too, that my account was charged on the 4th and not the first, but that was the first time ever that I had cancled my account so I font really know. But they usually take money on the 1st. Meh, oh well.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 18:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aust said:
It seems weird too, that my account was charged on the 4th and not the first, but that was the first time ever that I had cancled my account so I font really know. But they usually take money on the 1st. Meh, oh well.

1st was a Friday, and even if SE submitted the billing, most likely it didn't process til the following business day. (Monday the 4th)
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-10-06 18:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I got hacked.... in 2006...

/troll
 Sylph.Haxorking
Server: Sylph
user: Haxorking
By Sylph.Haxorking 2010-10-06 18:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but hacking and phishing are completely different things.

If you provide someone with your account information (knowingly or unknowingly, intentionally or unintentially), you were phished, not hacked. This includes responding to fake GM calls, entering your account information on a phony website, using the same login information for other non-FFXI accounts, giving your account information to friends/family, ect. The thing about phishing is that people rarely accept that it happened simply because they fell for it and therefor have no recollection of ever being tricked.

The difference between them is that phishing has absolutely nothing to do with computers, it's just a con game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 19:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Haxorking said:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but hacking and phishing are completely different things.

If you provide someone with your account information (knowingly or unknowingly, intentionally or unintentially), you were phished, not hacked. This includes responding to fake GM calls, entering your account information on a phony website, using the same login information for other non-FFXI accounts, giving your account information to friends/family, ect. The thing about phishing is that people rarely accept that it happened simply because they fell for it and therefor have bi recollection of ever being tricked.

The difference between them is that phishing has absolutely nothing to do with computers, it's just a con game.

Of course YOU would know the difference.....After all...Haxor..king....lol...

...I crack myself up..
By Capodondiggy 2010-10-20 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I dont know if my post went through but what are my odds of getting something notarized without my signature? I heard that in certain cases they can verify and unlink ID's through chat but the last couple of agents I have had have been butts...I know a couple of people that have been unlinked from SE ID's in chat by just verifying there POL info. My SE was hacked but i think my char was untouched, my password worked but i changed it anyway and people in game said they didnt see my char after i logged off... I need help here! Thx!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I RMT all my gil. I mean what do the RMTs have to steal when you already sold them everything? Am I right or what?
[+]
 Cerberus.Ethics
Server: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-10-20 14:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
This is why I RMT all my gil. I mean what do the RMTs have to steal when you already sold them everything? Am I right or what?

That's not why you RMT the gil.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To feed chinese babies?
 Cerberus.Ethics
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-10-20 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If your babies happen to be Chinese, sure.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 15:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You caught me. I sell gil to support my family. I run my own website and make $60,000 a year selling FFXI gil.

You've uncovered my secrets.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ethics
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-10-20 15:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my point, you sell gil to make money, not because you don't want to be hacked. Even if it's only 20 dollars, it's why you sell it. It's actually the reason everyone sells it.

I personally don't care. Just thought it was odd you'd say otherwise.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 15:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you missed the *** sarcasm in my first post, it was there. I promise.

The fact that you took it seriously scares me a little.
 Cerberus.Ethics
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-10-20 15:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, couldn't tell.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [160 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Vale
Server: Shiva
user: Borin