2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » September Version Update
September Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By Ruaumoko 2015-09-18 07:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Now for something completely different.

Just finished an hour long Job Point party at Apex Eruca in Moh Gates. We ended up pulling in roughly 2.5mil Capacity Points in the space of an hour, give or take ten minutes. We used a setup of Paladin, White Mage, Red Mage, Geomancer, Geomancer, Blue Mage. One Geomancer did Indi-Haste and Geo-Torpor and the other did Indi-Acumen and Geo-Malaise. The Paladin and Blue Mage had near-capped accuracy and kept doing Light skillchains for the Red Mage and Geomancers to burst off of. The Red Mage just used Sanguine Blade to prevent interrupting the skillchain and ended up hitting pretty hard with it, 17k being the average. Fights never lasted longer than 30 seconds and we saw a couple of Capacity Chains going into the 30's.

At least one veteran Geomancer and two solid DD (one of which must be a tank) capable of cranking out Lv3 skillchains are the bare essentials for this camp. The other slots are really fair game. I would perhaps take a Corsair over a second Geomancer if I were to go there again.

Edit: Before someone calls me on it, yes, Qultada is in the party because we decided to give him a go after our Red Mage had to leave. That's why I'd considering taking a Corsair over either a second Geomancer or the Red Mage.
[+]
 Asura.Masrur
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-09-18 08:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Asura.Masrur said: »
The dude with the koala pic is so bitter with BST it's redonkeylous!

"even if it was geared from random stuff already sitting in MH, and just smash everything."

SMASH EVERYTHING!!!!

Lol I agreed.

He claims people can just put minimal effort on bst and do 15-25k razor fang. I already challenge him to go grab stuff off his mog house and ah and go do 15k razor fang but he didn't take my challenge. I just want to see a screenshot of him doing what he say he can do when I can't even do it.
Thing is you COULD put in ***-all effort on BST and still be better than someone who put in a lot more effort into another job for a vastly inferior result.

Your sweeping statement is false and full of BS. My geared WHM can out DD a 'put in fook-all effort'of a BST any day!

Koala-pic boy rates you. I guess that's all that matters!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-18 08:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really have to keep calling him koala-pic boy? It's stupid and condescending and frankly just calling him Saevel is much easier anyway.

Or shall you be Ribena-pic boy and I'll be catbug-pic boy?
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2015-09-18 09:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My geared WHM can out DD a 'put in fook-all effort'of a BST

No.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-18 09:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Now for something completely different.

Just finished an hour long Job Point party at Apex Eruca in Moh Gates. We ended up pulling in roughly 2.5mil Capacity Points in the space of an hour, give or take ten minutes. We used a setup of Paladin, White Mage, Red Mage, Geomancer, Geomancer, Blue Mage. One Geomancer did Indi-Haste and Geo-Torpor and the other did Indi-Acumen and Geo-Malaise. The Paladin and Blue Mage had near-capped accuracy and kept doing Light skillchains for the Red Mage and Geomancers to burst off of. The Red Mage just used Sanguine Blade to prevent interrupting the skillchain and ended up hitting pretty hard with it, 17k being the average. Fights never lasted longer than 30 seconds and we saw a couple of Capacity Chains going into the 30's.

At least one veteran Geomancer and two solid DD (one of which must be a tank) capable of cranking out Lv3 skillchains are the bare essentials for this camp. The other slots are really fair game. I would perhaps take a Corsair over a second Geomancer if I were to go there again.

Edit: Before someone calls me on it, yes, Qultada is in the party because we decided to give him a go after our Red Mage had to leave. That's why I'd considering taking a Corsair over either a second Geomancer or the Red Mage.
Apex pugils down at woh gates are great targets for sc mb as well, lvl 131-133 so not sure how DD will fair by contrast. Been doing it as sch x2 geo brd (ballads, etudes and to cure) plus w/e else you would want to bring to finish up the party. With corsair roll we were netting 110 jp an hour at 550 gift bonus worth of cp+. Good to know dthe other camps are more dd viable though sc mb definitely seems in either way the go to for speed on these.
[+]
By Fujilives 2015-09-18 11:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a party with drk, blu, rdm, sch, geo, run the other day and had no problems with acc.

Skillchain -> MB spam works very well in these parties, just don't try to melee the *** new water-wall whoring pugils without some acc buff/debuff assistance, lol, god-fish battle go!

Edit: also - in regards to what Loire said with the Cor, in our party we had someone change to sub cor for the extra CP, which was more than enough to get a noticeable boost in total CP gains! I think he was referring to the dmg boost, but it really is worth having someone at least sub cor for that extra CP boost as well!
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-18 12:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujilives said: »
We had a party with drk, blu, rdm, sch, geo, run the other day and had no problems with acc.

Skillchain -> MB spam works very well in these parties, just don't try to melee the *** new water-wall whoring pugils without some acc buff/debuff assistance, lol, god-fish battle go!

Edit: also - in regards to what Loire said with the Cor, in our party we had someone change to sub cor for the extra CP, which was more than enough to get a noticeable boost in total CP gains! I think he was referring to the dmg boost, but it really is worth having someone at least sub cor for that extra CP boost as well!

Yeah we chose to bring a cor cause some jerkface blm was closing in on capped JP and I figured cor would be nearly as good. Realistically if you go schx2 geo blm you can drop the bard because the blm should do around 140k dmg in their two bursts and the sch can finish off whatever the blm misses. I think you're stuck needing 2 scholar because of strat recast. The geo is a must because without malaise and focus our damage was reduced by 70%. With some form of refresh SCH/SCH/GEO are capable of downing the pugs on their own. Maybe if the GEO used that meebles body to get mp back there would be no mp issues but otherwise spamming radial arcana, entrusting refresh, and riding convert timer wasn't really enough to keep up mp. If you found some way to make the geo self sufficient on mp that would free up the other 3 spots for whatever jobs you wanted to bring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-18 12:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you pull these one at a time, can they be duoed + trust?
By geigei 2015-09-18 12:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Solo too yo, i watch a rdm doing 1 in 10mins, awesome cp/hr.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-18 12:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They have 150k hp. If you're not taking advantage of burst damage to down them quickly it might take a while.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-18 12:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but it will take you a very long time to kill one. They have 100~140K HP each, they are like miniature NM's but give ridiculous amounts of CP. Solo / Duo folks might want to stick to mobs that give 3~5K CP and can be killed rather quickly.

Melee's definitely allow you to SC rapidly if they know what they are doing. Don't need tons of buffs, sushi and some acc gear is usually enough for a 119 DD with solid gear. If people are really worried about acc then stop using a mule COR and get a real one that has a great Leaden / Wild Fire set. You can do something like RS (any distortion WS) -> LS and then MB off the resulting skillchain. And since LS is magic based, the Maliase / Focus / Accument / ect.. that you use will also jack up their damage incredibly. Our RDM was doing 17K sanguine blades on top of nuking on MB's while meleeing for TP. Him and Ruo dwarfed myself on BLU doing CDC's for light. We would be doing a SC every 10~12 seconds and they would be nuking stupid damage. Was crazy fun.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 12:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

god-fish battle go

Should pop an NM named Dagon.

Edit: mother ***, there's a fished NM in Batallia named Dagon.

Edit2: It's not even an NM! What a slap in the face!

What a waste of a great NM name.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-18 12:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

Yeah we chose to bring a cor cause some jerkface blm was closing in on capped JP and I figured cor would be nearly as good. Realistically if you go schx2 geo blm you can drop the bard because the blm should do around 140k dmg in their two bursts and the sch can finish off whatever the blm misses. I think you're stuck needing 2 scholar because of strat recast. The geo is a must because without malaise and focus our damage was reduced by 70%. With some form of refresh SCH/SCH/GEO are capable of downing the pugs on their own. Maybe if the GEO used that meebles body to get mp back there would be no mp issues but otherwise spamming radial arcana, entrusting refresh, and riding convert timer wasn't really enough to keep up mp. If you found some way to make the geo self sufficient on mp that would free up the other 3 spots for whatever jobs you wanted to bring.
Needs more locked club for moonlight
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-18 13:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex mobs are the first thing SE's done right in regards to CP. Finally, a reason to farm with non-trust party members.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-18 13:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
They basically were regen-ing at the same rate or for more than the NM was hitting them from their auto attacks.
Hate control wasn't perfect, but I think the only change needed would be to make the puppet's flash actually generate enmity instead of just applying the status of flash.
I was skeptical at first (though willing to give them a chance! Cautionary =/= negation!) but after watching it hold hate (basically with just provoke spam) and not die, I'm in full support of welcoming Valoredge to the tank table where aprops.

With the change to PUP's autos HP, it's a relatively decent tank option.
People need to get out of their safety bubbles and think some.

Now there's a reasonable post! I totally understand caution, but it's nice to see someone giving a new strategy a fair shake, and even nicer to see that it worked out enough to make a previously unfamiliar player more comfortable with the style.

It's especially disheartening to see people want to knock PUP down for finally getting a truly effective niche for the first time in a decade (tank that needs minimal backline support and keeps more players out of AoE, particularly exceptional physical damage mitigation). Sorry it's new to you, but it comes across as kind of a jerk move to say "PUP shouldn't tank! Go away!". Give it a try if you know any competent PUPs, it's really effective and fun to see something different!

As for the effectiveness, yeah: attachments give massive regen and DT-, and Repair is a really strong ability too - especially after recent changes halved the base recast time (further reduced by merits) and upped HP recovered. Damage mitigation and HP recovery are not problems in the least, particularly with 100JP gift (and obviously also 1200JP gift, which is nice but totally not necessary to perform well).

The one flaw is that puppets simply aren't as good at generating hate as the other tank jobs. If you want to hold the mob's attention, both Strobe attachments are a must, as is heavy use of fire maneuvers. It's enough to hold hate off average DDs, but exceptionally good DDs will rip hate off the tank more easily than they would off a well played PLD or RUN.

I totally agree with the suggestion of making Flashbulb generate flash-level enmity as a fix (currently it's a blind effect only, no enmity generation). There are other ways too: a native Crusade-type effect on Valoredge frame, buffs to the strength of Strobe attachments, etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-18 13:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'll write a mini-guide for PUP tanking to release later today, after I finish work for the day. It's taking so damn long for me to get my ***together to write up the complete PUP guide, I think this is small enough I can do it today.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-09-18 13:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

where this come from :Q
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-09-18 14:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So before anyone who hasn't done so, save yourself 2 million cruor on that Shadow Throne chair and just synth it.

93 Bonecraft, unknown Alchemy

Dark Crystal
Demon Skull
Demon Horn x2
Giant Femur x2
Fiend Blood
Demon Blood
Necropsyche
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-09-18 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They can be soloed quite easily if you're super geared. I was killing leeches as a blm using august and apururu killing them in about 2 and a half minutes. I was getting 30k per kill without a ring and 50+ with cap ring. Acc not an issue and august wansnt taking any dmg. Gonna try to cleave as blu with my geo mule later so ill tell u how that goes 2.
[+]
 Leviathan.Edane
user: edane
By Leviathan.Edane 2015-09-18 16:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Any idea where track pants come from?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-18 17:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Edane said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Any idea where track pants come from?

Seems likely for next month's login campaign or seasonal event (i.e. not available yet). Typically that's how they handle these kinds of items, they show up in the previous month's update .DATs.

Same deal for the four trust ciphers that showed up. At least one will be the October login campaign 500 point trust, and the others will be either some trust event (seems most likely), seasonal event reward, or additional login point items.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2015-09-18 20:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"even if it was geared from random stuff already sitting in MH, and just smash everything."

SMASH EVERYTHING!!!!

Lol I agreed.

He claims people can just put minimal effort on bst and do 15-25k razor fang. I already challenge him to go grab stuff off his mog house and ah and go do 15k razor fang but he didn't take my challenge. I just want to see a screenshot of him doing what he say he can do when I can't even do it.
Thing is you COULD put in ***-all effort on BST and still be better than someone who put in a lot more effort into another job for a vastly inferior result.

Your sweeping statement is false and full of BS. My geared WHM can out DD a 'put in fook-all effort'of a BST any day!

Firstly, personal attacks do not make your argument any more valid and I suggest shying away from them in future. Secondly, I seriously doubt that your WHM can 'out DD a fook-all effort of a BST'. Thirdly, it does not matter who rates my posts or not, as long as they contribute to a meaningful discussion of an outcome that was inevitable based on valid points other posters have raised with more acumen and research than myself.

Fourthly and finally, watch this and learn a little something as this video draws good parallels with current events in-game. Bandwagon BST are moaning because their blatantly overpowered strategy that was being used for pretty much everything was rightfully nerfed. BST parties had become a FOO strategy and when something like that happens you can be sure that a patch addressing the Skill to Power ratio is not far away. The same thing will be happening to BLU in the next update, you could put good money on it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-09-18 20:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As a bst the absolute worst thing about the update is that I seem to have a 100% pop rate on Jailers. Goodbye mindless JP farming, hello Jailer of Prudence pops hitting me for 800 a pop before I even look back at the screen. Goodbye calling just kupo trust, hello calling a full party and hoping to engage before jailer of faith 3 shots me.

That really got old fast.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-18 20:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
They can be soloed quite easily if you're super geared. I was killing leeches as a blm using august and apururu killing them in about 2 and a half minutes. I was getting 30k per kill without a ring and 50+ with cap ring. Acc not an issue and august wansnt taking any dmg. Gonna try to cleave as blu with my geo mule later so ill tell u how that goes 2.
You don't need to be 'super geared'. They aren't particularly good solo though, as the lack of chains will result in generally worse capacity than chaining weak stuff.

A strong group utilizing skillchains effectively can push up near 100 JP/hr, which is significant enough to make group forming worthwhile again.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-09-19 01:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

what is this new party feature and has anybody used it? is there any benefit to it?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-19 04:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomly, this is update related.

Volatile Cluster sucks in parties of more than six. With six, we had an incredibly bored WHM.

Party:
PLD WHM GEO RNG BRD SMN

From the fights we did, Earthen Armor trivializes Self-Destruct. The one time I said "...maybe we don't need this!" the paladin ate a 2.5k Destruct, so I promptly summoned Titan. Paladin and ranger SC'd CdC to Jish, me MBing Thunderstorm for decent dmg, or I SC'd with Volt Strike off either Atonement or Last Stand for a LOT more dmg. GEO used Frailty and Fury; bard gave March/mads, preludes, and ballad for me, the GEO, and the poor WHM who mostly had to do nothing.

No GK for me yet though!
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-09-19 04:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SMASH EVERYTHING!!!!

Lol I agreed.

I seriously doubt that your WHM can 'out DD a fook-all effort of a BST'.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

/sipstea
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-19 08:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Grand Grenade solo with trusts, basically the same as old Big Bomb. Spikes damage causes him to grow and gain a boost to physical and magic damage, but unlike Big Bomb, you probably don't have time to auto-attack him down. Very high magic resistance, except possibly from fire, didn't try. Also has a good deal of Fast Cast, not sure if that was HP or size dependent.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-19 08:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Beat Grand Grenade solo with trusts, basically the same as old Big Bomb. Spikes damage causes him to grow and gain a boost to physical and magic damage, but unlike Big Bomb, you probably don't have time to auto-attack him down. Very high magic resistance, except possibly from fire, didn't try. Also has a good deal of Fast Cast, not sure if that was HP or size dependent.

Does this guy drop anything worth using? I'm willing to test fire damage via Ifrit if it helps.
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-19 09:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just solod warder of temperance, what do i do with ki?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13