Forum » FFXI » General » September Version Update
September Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-19 09:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold on to it until you get the other nine, then die horribly to Absolute Virtue v2.

Dremi will gently chastise you for the lack of KI should you go to key items in the menu and inquire about the 0 silt Nazar (?) thingie.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-19 13:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Masrur said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Asura.Masrur said: »
The dude with the koala pic is so bitter with BST it's redonkeylous!

"even if it was geared from random stuff already sitting in MH, and just smash everything."

SMASH EVERYTHING!!!!

Lol I agreed.

He claims people can just put minimal effort on bst and do 15-25k razor fang. I already challenge him to go grab stuff off his mog house and ah and go do 15k razor fang but he didn't take my challenge. I just want to see a screenshot of him doing what he say he can do when I can't even do it.
Thing is you COULD put in ***-all effort on BST and still be better than someone who put in a lot more effort into another job for a vastly inferior result.

Your sweeping statement is false and full of BS. My geared WHM can out DD a 'put in fook-all effort'of a BST any day!

Koala-pic boy rates you. I guess that's all that matters!
Firstly, personal attacks do not make your argument any more valid and I suggest shying away from them in future. Secondly, I seriously doubt that your WHM can 'out DD a fook-all effort of a BST'. Thirdly, it does not matter who rates my posts or not, as long as they contribute to a meaningful discussion of an outcome that was inevitable based on valid points other posters have raised with more acumen and research than myself.

Fourthly and finally, watch this and learn a little something as this video draws good parallels with current events in-game. Bandwagon BST are moaning because their blatantly overpowered strategy that was being used for pretty much everything was rightfully nerfed. BST parties had become a FOO strategy and when something like that happens you can be sure that a patch addressing the Skill to Power ratio is not far away. The same thing will be happening to BLU in the next update, you could put good money on it.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I hope they don't nerf blue. I'm getting into that next. But they going to nerf something. I heard they nerfing log in points. They don't like us getting too much free stuff.
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-19 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Hold on to it until you get the other nine, then die horribly to Absolute Virtue v2.

Dremi will gently chastise you for the lack of KI should you go to key items in the menu and inquire about the 0 silt Nazar (?) thingie.

what spawns the new Gods?

i see you need scraps but how do we unlock that from npc?

SEneeds to increase Drop rates from Dawn and omega bc this is nuts.... 40th time and still no h2h lol
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-19 16:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Beat Grand Grenade solo with trusts, basically the same as old Big Bomb. Spikes damage causes him to grow and gain a boost to physical and magic damage, but unlike Big Bomb, you probably don't have time to auto-attack him down. Very high magic resistance, except possibly from fire, didn't try. Also has a good deal of Fast Cast, not sure if that was HP or size dependent.
Does this guy drop anything worth using? I'm willing to test fire damage via Ifrit if it helps.
The club is pretty decent if you wanted blunt damage on RUN/WAR/DRK. The ammo is also great for STR based WS and magic attack. I'm not sure if WAR or DRK get a better accuracy option in that slot either.
[+]
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-21 09:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hannahmontana said: »

SEneeds to increase Drop rates from Dawn and omega bc this is nuts.... 40th time and still no h2h lol

I finally got a Fettering Sword after 47 Normal Promathia solo runs. I've gotten every drop from him except for the body now.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-21 09:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hannahmontana said: »

Not sure if there's any unlocking involved for the gods, they're just hidden trinkets like with the HELM NMs in Zi'Tah.

Anyway, doing Warders is a pain if there's competition in the zone, I hate when some random PLD pops one and spends the next 2 hours soloing it. I wish they'd allow more than 1 pop, since most of the spawn locations are split into two major areas.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-21 09:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure who is worse; Dremi or Urbiolaine, the narcissistic Unity NPC in Southern San d'Oria. Or maybe Oboro. He's pretty terrible too.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-09-21 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they nerf BLU, it will be changing Subduction in some way to not be so OP. Like reduced macc, longer recast, etc. Melee BLU is not anymore OP than a DNC or THF with the right party setup.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-09-21 14:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The BST pet 'ready' range nerf is so badly thought out, that you can be melee-ing a mob with your pet.. *on the same side of the mob* and still get the 'out of range' message lol.

Dunno whether it's cuz she's a Taru I'm doing it with. But that's seriously awful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-21 15:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
badly thought out

No, more like not allowing you to stand opposite your pet to avoid fan shaped AOEs. It's planned, and it effectively does what they wanted it to do : place BST squarely in the melee range category.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-21 15:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
If they nerf BLU, it will be changing Subduction in some way to not be so OP. Like reduced macc, longer recast, etc. Melee BLU is not anymore OP than a DNC or THF with the right party setup.
I completely disagree with that, melee Blu is on a completely different level than Dnc or Thf. The "right party setup" also requires more buffers for Dnc/Thf than it does for Blu now that they solo cap magic haste.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-21 15:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to get people to take the DNC or THF in the first place for them to find that out.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-09-21 16:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I completely disagree with that, melee Blu is on a completely different level than Dnc or Thf. The "right party setup" also requires more buffers for Dnc/Thf than it does for Blu now that they solo cap magic haste.

BLU needs adjustment more than DNC because it's too good for a "jack of all trades" but in pure melee damage dancer is possibly still king. I've been updating my dps spreadsheets this week and, in a somewhat-realistic scenario of debuffed 126 mob/buffed player, Terpsichore dancer is hitting 3k DPS using PK, with just under 15k WS average. This does require more buffers than BLU, as you say. I can't spreadsheet BLU to compare though.

No one plays dancer anyway so the job is perfectly safe from nerf ;)
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-21 16:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

BLU needs adjustment more than DNC because it's too good for a "jack of all trades" but in pure melee damage dancer is possibly still king. I've been updating my dps spreadsheets this week and, in a somewhat-realistic scenario of debuffed 126 mob/buffed player, Terpsichore dancer is hitting 3k DPS using PK, with just under 15k WS average. This does require more buffers than BLU, as you say. I can't spreadsheet BLU to compare though.

If you just straight spam PK you won't be able to make any SCs, that alone is the biggest downside to Dancer currently. Not to mention that without the mythic to buff PK the job just won't be that good, on the flip side Tiz isn't really important to have at all.
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-21 16:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing needs a nerf, other jobs just need a buff.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-09-21 16:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

If you just straight spam PK you won't be able to make any SCs, that alone is the biggest downside to Dancer currently. Not to mention that without the mythic to buff PK the job just won't be that good, on the flip side Tiz isn't really important to have at all.

This is true. You could switch to Evisceration which does chain with CDC. You'll lose a bit of DPS like that, not sure how much.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-21 17:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Climactic + Rudra at high TP is also still incredibly powerful in darkness SCs. DNC also has easier self-SC potential due to JAs than BLU does. BLU can certainly do it just via buffs and general attack speed, but it's less reliable than WS > Reverse Flourish > WS.

As for mythics, with decent Taming Saris, Terpsichore these days has a lot less of an advantage. And Tizona is far from a requirement, but it sure became a lot more useful as of this update due to the MP needs of tossing up Mighty Guard whenever you can if you're not heavily buffed (which is one of BLU's big advantages - self sufficiency in buffing without needing much in the way of outside haste/marches to hit delay cap).
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-04 15:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so you just trade the scraps and thats all?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13