I Got Banned From The Official Forums!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I got banned from the official forums!
I got banned from the official forums!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-10 16:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
he got banned for knowing the inner workings of some of SE's code and letting them know how to fix it

He was guessing at the inner workings to demonstrate how simple it would be to fix. I'd wager he got banned for being way too close with his guess.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-10 16:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations Byrth, welcome to the cool kids club!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-02-10 16:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing this thread I kinda miss the OF. Wish I didn't get perma banned like... 2 years ago. : /
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-10 16:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I want to see the post that got him banned.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-10 16:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
he got banned for knowing the inner workings of some of SE's code and letting them know how to fix it

He was guessing at the inner workings to demonstrate how simple it would be to fix. I'd wager he got banned for being way too close with his guess.

lol not just close he was spot on people used his findings to fix automated fishing tools
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-10 16:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Now I want to see the post that got him banned.

if im not mistaken it was when they updated fishing and every cast the game was literally trying to divide by 0 and would crash
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-02-10 17:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's code is perfect! If they say you can divide by 0 then you can divide by 0!

lim[inf,0](1/x)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-10 17:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was banned about half a year before this thread started.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-02-10 18:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly am I looking at, here?
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-10 20:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
What exactly am I looking at, here?

That is a Pokémon. Your friend Naer could tell you what it is, but since he's been MIA for a while, I'll tell you..."Who's that Pokémon?!?!?!"

It's a Slowpoke, you slowpoke.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-02-10 20:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is after my time.
You young people you! lol
[+]
 Valefor.Andrewviii
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-03-01 09:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just received my free 10 day vacation from the stupidity that is the official forums for letting one of the moronic posters there know just how much of a idiot they are.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-01 10:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

While we all applaud your initiative, if you want to make that 10 day vacation permanent, you could do what I do, and never visit that cesspool of stupidity ever again.
[+]
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-03-01 10:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know. It's just so hard sometimes. Just the thought that those idiots might actually influence the direction of the game is a nightmare. I guess all I can do is hope and pray that the devs do in fact not listen to the English forum and any evidence that they might is just coincidence.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-03-01 10:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Andrewviii said: »
I know. It's just so hard sometimes. Just the thought that those idiots might actually influence the direction of the game is a nightmare. I guess all I can do is hope and pray that the devs do in fact not listen to the English forum and any evidence that they might is just coincidence.
The crap state that FFXI has slowly been falling in to since about 2005 suddenly makes a lot more sense lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-05-26 15:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The Schutzstaffel at the official forums are at it again. This time I spotted my posts being removed before I got banned so kicked up a fuss in a new topic which was then also removed. I bet I get perma banned this time. Mmm mmm tastes like fascism.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-05-26 16:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get banned from XI forums (yet) but I did get perma'd from 14 forums for saying "hurtbutt" and then months later posting a picture of campbells soup in a thread, just /10characters for text

I sorta feel scared any time I post on 11 since a mod directly replied to me about Sinister Reign. Don't even want to be on the radar.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-26 18:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Andrewviii said: »
Mmm mmm tastes like fascism.
Heil Admins!

Rooks, don't you dare think about doing that!
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-05-26 19:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
I didn't get banned from XI forums (yet) but I did get perma'd from 14 forums for saying "hurtbutt" and then months later posting a picture of campbells soup in a thread, just /10characters for text

I sorta feel scared any time I post on 11 since a mod directly replied to me about Sinister Reign. Don't even want to be on the radar.
I have a feeling it's not the community reps that do the banning, but more of a shadow army of faceless moderators. Probably of whom English isn't their first language.

Anyway update, I am banned, but not for the post I thought I would be.
Which that one I sorta get. I basically insinuated the guy is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but still that was the nicest way of calling him HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I could think of.

Other than that I had a handful of well thought out posts removed despite being more courteous than the person I was responding to, as well as a thread calling out the blatant abuse and censorship.

I did find it suspicious that Alhanelem seemed very okay with the banning shenanigans. Even more so since he has already been mentioned in this thread already
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46983/i-got-banned-from-the-official-forums/4/#2994848
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-26 20:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »

I got banned on Random Thoughts thread here after posting a George Carlin comedy take on politics after complaining about being banned on P&R for profanity. Which was my own ignorance of the rules but banned w/o warnings.
Waiting for the next thread to be permanently removed from now. I feel it's only a matter of time. LoL heh w/e
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-26 20:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, for them to pick up on your allusion to the person being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, they've got a pretty good grasp on the English language.

The OF is easy: don't say what you're thinking or anything remotely close to it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-05-26 21:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I am betting it works the same way as the 14 forums which had so many bans people set out to figure out the system.

A few things go on:

1. The mods may go nazi and ban you at any moment (this is actually more rare)
2. Being reported for literally anything can get you banned.

I knew a well behaved fellow on 14 who lurked often. Guy hadn't posted in 2 months then logged in to a ban for a post that was 4 months old, he got a 10 day ban for saying "crap".

Just one example, but there's many of them. The way 14 works and I'll assume 11 is, if you make an enemy and they go report you for anything that could even remotely be cursing, flaming, etc. It gets sent to a que. The people receiving the que of complaints are the nazis and will hit the ban button for almost anything they can make a confirm on. I might even suspect that there's a "3rd party" group of people hired to handle this que instead of anyone under the /actual/ moderators of 14/11 forums.

Sometimes I wonder whats the % of people who are banned from 11 and 14 forums. FF14realms threads would lead me to believe 14 is at something like 10-15% of people who ever dared post at official 14.
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2016-05-26 22:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
The OF is easy: don't say what you're thinking or anything remotely close to it.

Pretty much this. 9/10 times I close a thread mid-response because I tend to lean towards "no, you're stupid, and this is why in bulleted points." Haven't been banned yet, which is surprising given that about 60% of my posts are exactly that and the OF comes with some seriously salty folks, but I am waiting.

inb4 someone reports me just to get me banned for saying that! :U
By Draylo 2016-05-26 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alhalalehm(sp) reports EVERYONE, so that is the main reason for bannings. The guy is pathetic.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-05-26 23:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I got permabanned last week for telling someone who called me an idiot that they were, in fact, the idiot.

The idiot in question wants Hocho nerfed because it gives NIN an unfair advantage in Cooking.

[edit: spelling]
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-26 23:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And cooks an unfair advantage on the battlefield!
[+]
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-05-27 00:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Pretty much this. 9/10 times I close a thread mid-response because I tend to lean towards "no, you're stupid, and this is why in bulleted points." Haven't been banned yet, which is surprising given that about 60% of my posts are exactly that and the OF comes with some seriously salty folks, but I am waiting.

inb4 someone reports me just to get me banned for saying that! :U
Honestly I'm surprised you even commented on that one who thought it would be a good idea to give runefencer 100% WSD.

Also if you really want an example of how not to be banned on the official forum, I present the groveling sycophant.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50561-May-Update-Dissapointment?p=579477&viewfull=1#post579477
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-27 00:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I like the new forum gm, Bicycle or something, introducing herself and all the joy that was had.

She ain't gonna pay any more attention than any of the rest of 'em.
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-05-27 00:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you blame the community reps for not wanting to talk to the community though? I'm part of the community and I can't stand us. Seriously how long into the introduction thread did people start petitioning for their favorite job to be improved? Honestly I feel sorry for them, basically their job is to be the barons of bad news, and inform the unreasonable masses that their demands won't be met. Poor Grekumah.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8