I Got Banned From The Official Forums!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I got banned from the official forums!
I got banned from the official forums!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-11-05 09:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I want to believe that Analhelm isn't a whiny reporter.

Billnes is literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and probably is a whiny reporter as well.

...but sometimes SE just goes full retard on their own.

No, he is. He reports everyone that disagrees with him. If you look at his posts there is no way with how much BS he has spewed there that he would still be able to post. Yet people who disagree with him somehow start disappearing from the forums left and right. I know he personally accused me of stalking him and harassing him when I told him to stop trolling in a thread. He responds basically that he is taking care of me and won't have to worry about me anymore. Next thing I know I was banned from the OF.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-05 10:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I've noticed with the OF as well is that the more aggressive posters seem to hide behind sock accounts, like they're trying to hide who they are in game or something.
By Ulthakptah 2015-11-05 10:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Something I've noticed with the OF as well is that the more aggressive posters seem to hide behind sock accounts, like they're trying to hide who they are in game or something.
Of course the reporters don't want people to know who they are. Snitches get stitches.
By Draylo 2015-11-05 11:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the internet to me lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-05 11:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

I wonder if I should play their game and refuse to discuss game mechanics with level 1 players.

They'd probably report me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-05 11:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if I should play their game and refuse to discuss game mechanics with level 1 players.

Still not sure how I am not banned from these forums yet. I must like obviously be a nice guy or some ***?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-05 11:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Still not sure how I am not banned from these forums yet. I must like obviously be a nice guy or some ***?
You Scots are notorious for your positive attitudes.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-05 11:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

You Scots are notorious for your positive attitudes.

I'm positively certain SE is full of ***.

Sound right?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-05 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they not actually look at what he's reporting...?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-05 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously we have no way to know whether he is even reporting anything or what level of judicial review SE goes through before giving out bans.

Analhelm might not even be the report spammer. Could be a Starcade sock for all we know.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-11-05 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well considering it openly admitted to reporting me and the change in tone that one could assume through his reactions to peoples responses, I think it would be safe to assume he spams reports.
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-05 14:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I only ever go to the official forums when someone links a direct article related to dev tracking or update news, because that place has been batshit crazy stupid to the highest levels of extreme since it first came about.

I know the mod's here do what they can, so this forum remains the best central place and go-to for XI forums. I wish it were a lot less toxic with a lot less *** waving around.

Good enough though.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-05 15:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm Jamaican so I have no need for ***-waving.

ffxiah might be the best place for ffxi forums, but unfortunately the devs do not check ffxi. If you want real change in SE, and I know that's asking a lot, you have to lobby the official forums.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-05 15:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »

ffxiah might be the best place for ffxi forums, but unfortunately the devs do not check ffxi. If you want real change in SE, and I know that's asking a lot, you have to lobby the official forums.

I don't think they particularly listen to the community on many suggestions for FFXI in general. They never really have. XIV absolutely, but not for this game.

The most I've ever seen for this game was "Yes we already planned to do this" or "No we won't do this and here is our excuse as to why" and sometimes those excuses make no sense or are extremely lazy.

Bug reporting is about the only GOOD function of that forum.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-05 15:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
I don't think they particularly listen to the community on many suggestions for FFXI in general.
They totally ignored my request for fake mustaches as a visible headpiece equipment.
[+]
By barkley1 2015-11-05 15:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Man...I posted waaaay worst things than that.

Unless that tighten the rules lately; I used to go in on those bst topics.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-05 15:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
Shiva.Malthar said: »

I don't think they particularly listen to the community on many suggestions for FFXI in general. They never really have. XIV absolutely, but not for this game.

The most I've ever seen for this game was "Yes we already planned to do this" or "No we won't do this and here is our excuse as to why" and sometimes those excuses make no sense or are extremely lazy.

Bug reporting is about the only GOOD function of that forum.

Wish they had launched their forums much earlier and actually listened (since they do it quite a lot in the 14 topics), they might have retained more players that way :/ Too bad really
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-05 15:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I find myself endlessly frustrated by the OF. The community reps are just doing their job, but does anyone else think that they post information in the most difficult to understand manner on purpose? Very rarely is anything concise with that group. I got a reply to a thread I posted asking about Magic Mortar, but the information I was given is either outright wrong, or he totally misunderstood what I was asking. Either way it took over a week and nothing is resolved.

Beyond that, do they actually play FFXI? Because they just seem so out of touch with the community. I swear to god they have a macro that just automatically replies with "We have no plans at this time" to any thread they don't feel like dicking with.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-05 16:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There was that stretch of time where they were giving out information on RDM and GEO spells. I tried to tease out some information on status resistance buffs but I didn't get any answers from them. In retrospect, I think I may have been too wordy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-05 16:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Malthar .... Silly lil instigator (chomp) you always start stuff just to see it snowball into something bigger for your amusement. I'm glad to see you banned even if only for 10 days. Maybe next time you will be more subtle on your bashing.
By Draylo 2015-11-05 16:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that is true... I don't think you can come back from a 10 day ban though, it usually turns permanent.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-05 16:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking from exp?
By Draylo 2015-11-05 16:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I find myself endlessly frustrated by the OF. The community reps are just doing their job, but does anyone else think that they post information in the most difficult to understand manner on purpose? Very rarely is anything concise with that group. I got a reply to a thread I posted asking about Magic Mortar, but the information I was given is either outright wrong, or he totally misunderstood what I was asking. Either way it took over a week and nothing is resolved.

Beyond that, do they actually play FFXI? Because they just seem so out of touch with the community. I swear to god they have a macro that just automatically replies with "We have no plans at this time" to any thread they don't feel like dicking with.

The team covers both XIV and XI, I'm pretty sure none of them play XI. They mostly copy and paste answers that they parrot directly from the JP side of the forums. I doubt they care at all about the XI forums lol.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-05 17:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

everything they answer is no plans no plans haha.

why have a forum really? just have an announcement center and call it good since nothing we say or do matters lol.

i posted alot good stuff over there, never banned but ya it all gets shot down lol.

and how conveniently they never have replied to Monstrosity stuff, got nothing to say about how your team just walked out?? not enough talent to finish the job yourself?

so many things would be insanely easy to create, slappin ilvl on gear (ad-on scenarios) giving Banish spels that already exsist and have since foerver. adding cap points to camp battle.... none of these things is hard, but ya lets make monster rearing lol. SMH

this game could be saved and so much more if only they put some passion and talent into it.

its kinda like Record keeper, if everyone else *** about something it wont change, if Jpn ppl do, its changed overnight.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-05 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanaka was fun to poke at and bash sometimes in the name of balance, but I feel like he did listen and try to communicate with the community in a similar way (albeit not as vocal) as Yoishida does for XIV.

Unfortunately when Tanaka left, so did the direction for FFXI. I'm not entirely complaining as some stuff is still pretty great/fun, but you can see the very obvious shift in content around the time Tanaka left.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-05 17:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i sometimes think were wed be if he had never left....... hmmmm
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-05 17:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Adoulin is a very pretty city. I liked it quite a lot in terms of looks, but the feelings it gave were entirely wrong. It draws some parallels to when Aht Urghan came out but something feels really off about the entire thing.

It's one of the reasons I took a big break for the game for the first time. I physically didn't get the magical feeling anymore that I always got before with previous expansions.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-05 18:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that is true... I don't think you can come back from a 10 day ban though, it usually turns permanent.

You can. Daisansha's first ban was a 10-day ban for telling the laziest person I've ever seen to suck less. Background: Mookies had said it was too much trouble to do a 10-second google search on how to farm sparks efficiently in response to me telling him that in previous threads it had already been covered in how to do so.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8