I Got Banned From The Official Forums!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I got banned from the official forums!
I got banned from the official forums!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Felgarr 2015-11-05 18:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that a pattern with the responses the NA SE mods give.

The mods filter responses to NA posts based on what is going on in the JP forums.

If a JP mod replies to a JP post, that information gets translated to either a new or existing NA post ...and every other NA post gets "We have no plans".

I think the NA mods are just a filter / proxy for JP requests. I can't find any evidence of an NA-started post, get a unique response from the NA mods (unless it was already started or asked for in the JP forums).

It is very disheartening to say the least.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-06 03:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
lol that is true... I don't think you can come back from a 10 day ban though, it usually turns permanent.
I've had 3 10 day bans.
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-11-06 06:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I once got banned for calling someone a coupon cutter while I was in fact defending SE's business plan, while this one person kept invading every thread and whining for the game to go f2p. At some point I lost my nerves so I got banned, my first ever ban and they stated as it being my final warning >.>
It didnt make sense to me, it was my first and final warning at the same time.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-06 06:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the email I got on my first ban, yes in hindsight it was pretty stupid to talk about a windower addon:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that we have suspended your access to the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum because on 10-28-2014 you breached the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum Guidelines.

Thread Title:
Treasure Caskets

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XI Guidelines:
Use of inappropriate or aggressive language.
Posting that constitutes discrimination against another forum member or group (also including forming groups for the purpose of discrimination), insults, slander, libel, harassment of a group or individual.

Original Post:
Last time I used it which was fairly recently, it was somewhat broken, anytime I got hint that specified that either the first or second number could be a specific number it would stop finding possible solutions.

This post had been edited or deleted to remove the infringing content.

The suspension will last a minimum of 240 hours starting 10-28-2014 9:42 (MST) during which time you will be unable to log in to the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum.

For information on prohibited activities in the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum, please refer to the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum Guidelines.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=455&la=2&tag=forum

This notice has been sent to you as a last warning. Any further breaches or posts discussing this suspension may result in your access to the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum and/or the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum being revoked permanently.

NOTE: If you suspect the breach resulted from unauthorized access to the account or the actions of an unauthorized third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or you want to find out more about the content of this e-mail, please review the following information on the Square Enix Support Centre.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=903&la=2&kid=57402

- SQUARE ENIX Account Administrator

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to or send any correspondence to this e-mail. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you please visit the Square Enix Support Centre at http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=2.
I think when they say last warning, they're just referring to the incident itself rather than any future incidents.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-08 14:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The always seem to ban me right before the update.
By SagaK 2015-11-10 05:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was banned last year for telling this little dipshit evanwimbish he was "clueless" because he had no idea what Cumulative and Volatile Enmity are. Note that I only told him that AFTER he accused me of using third-party hacks simply for the fact that I know the CE and VE values of spells and abilities. I was banned and that tard is still there.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-11 12:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So, that 10 day ban turned into a forum permanent ban. Anyone notice that no one is complaining about the bst range anymore? I wonder where they have all gone...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-11 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
So, that 10 day ban turned into a forum permanent ban. Anyone notice that no one is complaining about the bst range anymore? I wonder where they have all gone...
Hmm that's odd, I wonder who did it, I certainly was on the opposing side to you guys but I wouldn't report you over it.

Was tempted with that guy who kept suggesting people who thought BST was too strong were just crying and whinging.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2015-11-11 12:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Hmm that's odd, I wonder who did it, I certainly was on the opposing side to you guys but I wouldn't report you over it.

Was tempted with that guy who kept suggesting people who thought BST was too strong were just crying and whinging.
I would posit that the people who report do not even post so you'd never even have a clue who did it. It's too easy to point fingers at a vocal person but a vocal person at least has the balls to show himself.
By Draylo 2015-11-11 12:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I told that guy going around calling everyone nerds and raging about stuff to not let the door hit him on the way out.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out" literally all I said. 10 day ban... part of me thinks it's a bit ridiculous as that was something my grandma would say as a joke constantly when I was growing up, so it doesn't seem bad at all to me. On the other hand, the infraction was for "creating a negative impact for other users". Which ya it accomplished that... so I guess I'm ok with it as long as the mods there are uniform about it.

I don't like negative impaction on me... and they are letting valid constructive criticism stay like what I said about job points. The only thing I haven't really liked was they edited out Ergon from the post stating they were going to update RME and ergon, without saying anything. If you look in the dev tracker thread the original quote still there too. Just seems weird to me, I understand not wanting to have ppl upset it's suddenly not included or whatever, but that doesn't solve the problem of that just makes ppl feel you're less than honest.

Oh wow seriously? You got banned for that... They are crazy lol.
By Draylo 2015-11-11 13:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP..
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-11-11 13:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They've deleted a whole thread on the forum today O.o Someone was trying to say thanks for the promise of continued minor updates....which then got invaded by that f2p person who was whining they need to cut the price. It got poisonous before Analham could even give his 2 cent.
Meh my soap opera for the day has vanished :(
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-11-11 13:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Probably Grekumah, Malthar is always griefing that poor guy for just doing his job.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-11 13:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just giving him a suggestion on how to better manage his, "We have no plans" standard reply. :-D
I think I can successfully argue than the bad was unwarranted. Wish me luck!
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2015-11-18 11:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Olor or however you spell his name is still crying like a little *** over it. I've since learned to adjust myself around it and I'm thankful they didn't kill the damage.

Case in point this little gem of stupidity...

Quote:
Other jobs have a choice of functional megaweapons - why should BST be locked to one weapon as the only weapon that is worthwhile? Why do you support the developers wasting time on a weapon no one would want?

As if Aymur is the only good BST Axe to obtain.
By Draylo 2015-11-18 13:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised that guy even plays instead of XIV. He complains about every little thing even before the BST updates...
By billnes 2015-11-18 14:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I want to believe that Analhelm isn't a whiny reporter.

Billnes is literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and probably is a whiny reporter as well.

...but sometimes SE just goes full retard on their own.

Probably both of them, Billnes is *** crazy.

Oh... I'm going on the presumption you're talking about my "I'm foaming at the mouth" posting. Yeah... Guilty - I overdid it. I don't know you from a hole-in-the-wall. I'm not looking to make your life any harder. The damage is already done. What can I really do? STFU?? Yeah... That's about it and that's what I'll do. I ask that you please excuse me.

And no, I didn't report anything.

If it makes you feel any better, I got perma-banned from SE's FFXI OF as well. Perhaps it's for the best anyway. I was getting tired of BungiefanNA's postings anyway.
 Asura.Shibu
Server: Asura
user: risc84
By Asura.Shibu 2015-11-18 14:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I got banned and I have not posted anything since May and that was a GM ticket. /shrug.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-11-18 14:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »

Billnes is literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and probably is a whiny reporter as well.

Oh... I'm going on the presumption you're talking about my "I'm foaming at the mouth" posting. Yeah... Guilty - I overdid it. I don't know you from a hole-in-the-wall. I'm not looking to make your life any harder. The damage is already done. What can really do? STFU?? Yeah... That's about it and that's what I'll do. I ask that you please excuse me.

If it makes you feel any better, I got perma-banned from SE's FFXI OF as well. Perhaps it's for the best anyway. I was getting tired of BungiefanNA's postings anyway.

Oh boy...
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-18 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh... I'm going on the presumption you're talking about my "I'm foaming at the mouth" posting. Yeah... Guilty - I overdid it. I don't know you from a hole-in-the-wall. I'm not looking to make your life any harder. The damage is already done. What can really do? STFU?? Yeah... That's about it and that's what I'll do. I ask that you please excuse me.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Sup Bill!
By billnes 2015-11-18 20:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »

Winner winner chicken dinner! Sup Bill!

Chicken dinner? From SE?? **** them. I don't want / need them doing me any favors. I can't afford any of their favors. Let SE send me their standard robot emails just before & just after billing. Other than that, they can stay the hell out of my life and out of my way.

It it really that simple? That's a good question. Here's a better question: Does it have to be any more complicated than that?
By Raborn 2015-11-18 20:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XI Guidelines:
- Posting content that criticizes either Square Enix staff or specific individuals.
- Posting seeking to damage or disparage Square Enix, the forum, FINAL FANTASY XI, or others.

Original Post:
All of these arguments won't matter in the least. It has already been decided in the Japanese forums. Whatever we say here does not matter. It's the DipperYuley argument all over again. Non pet players get jealous that bandwagon beasts are are doing lower level content more efficiently than "normal" players and they complain and whine till they get what they want. 'Sounds a lot like my psycho ex to me. lol

Blah-Blah I'm a SquEnix Moderator, eat it.

It's clear to see, your psycho ex was offended you compared her to the Japanese. Thus, you have been banned.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-18 21:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, I was banned once for wanting an event to punch Naja in the face. lmao
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-02-10 16:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth was banned from the official forums?! We need a revolution!
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-10 16:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why on earth was Byrth banned?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-10 16:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

he got banned for knowing the inner workings of some of SE's code and letting them know how to fix it
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8