First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-27 16:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
If mercs didn't want the upgrade items along with the gil I wouldn't mind paying for runs. But if I am paying for the run then I want all drops.

There's prob a different price for all drops lol
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-03-27 16:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
None of the gear is worth the gil people pay for it. This has been true since the beginning of this game. Sell it first then when no one wants it, keep it.

When shark runs were 10 million you only got the gear. Its cheaper now but they still want the upgrade items.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-27 16:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
If mercs didn't want the upgrade items along with the gil I wouldn't mind paying for runs. But if I am paying for the run then I want all drops.

That would be a hefty price.

Regular mobs drop codex/paper
Basic NMs drop codex/paper and weapons/armor
Boss NMs drop 119 upgrade mats and weapons and armor.

Given that you are going to need 15 codexs/papers per slot for a 119 upgrade...

Purchasing a run where you get all drops could get really pricey based on how the seller would break down cost/item with respect to market rates.

Or you could just do a couple of KI clears and maybe get a better deal purchasing mats from people on the server. Which might end up being cost effective.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-27 16:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the upgrade items have value on the AH, it's pretty simple

if you want to pay the going price of the upgrade items in addition to what they're charging for the ra/ex items i'm sure they'd give them to you

when a lot of groups are doing runs for 3-5m, it's pretty stupid for them to give you up to 2m in sellables(if air+2 drops)

same principles apply here
[+]
By Senyn 2015-03-28 11:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread caused a question to pop up, now I'm curious.
Who's the bigger scumbag?

The *** selling content for (whatever reason they justify),
Or people botting to earn their income.

As a matter of opinion, which one is the bigger low-life etc.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-28 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Senyn said: »

That's easy.

People who kick kittens for fun.

Biggest scumbags on the face of the earth. Worse than those who steal candy from babies and then punch them in the face.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-28 11:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

you sure seem mad, what did a content seller do to you? you can point to the doll if it's too painful to say out loud

[+]
By Senyn 2015-03-28 11:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just professional curiosity.

The one type (content seller) basically steals money from players. (we all know anything bought becomes garbage in a few updates).
The other, (the bot) steals money from the game (npcing).

Which is worse?
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-03-28 11:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried skele room 12 man last night and timed out on boss at 70%. Was a bit tough for me dual boxing pld and geo but the zone seems easy enough for 12 coordinated people and with 18 pug should be able to clear in a few tries. 2 pld highly recommended with aegis and ochain, oh and pld/brd seems to work fine.

We're still testing and analyzing chambers low man, so dont take my word for victory 100% and I haven't cleared any chambers yet cuz my ls doesn't want to do with pug since they know eventually we're gonna clear it 12 man.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-28 11:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word stealing means
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-03-28 11:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The one type (content seller) basically steals money from players. (we all know anything bought becomes garbage in a few updates).

Which is worse?
To be fair, a ton of delve gear lasted a really long time, or is still good, not just delve 2 either but like shark dagger and tsuru are still pretty high up there. Theres other items as well, and its been like 2 years or more? Hard to call it stealing if you paid even 20m almost 2 years ago for a dagger that up until alluvion was 2nd only to mythic.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-03-28 11:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is worse?

The whole thread is moronic. We have a right to buy or sell a win to anything we want unless SE blocked it in some way. Stop trying to tell people how to spend their gil and time. I know a lot of people, including myself, have an overflow of gil so spending 10-20M on a clear would not effect us in the slightest. You can make 10M+ easily in a normal day on this game if you know what you are doing. So if its worth it for you to spend the gil as opposed to trying to set it up go for it.

I know I tried to set up a run that stalled out at 10 people last night and I wasted nearly 2 hours shouting. This is the kind of thing that makes people want to buy clears. Luckily I got a run with some JPs and they filled easily. Went on a different run than I was trying to do but did get a clear so 1/3 zones done. I had a great time so I will not buy a clear for this content because I enjoy it. But if I hated it or struggle to get a group I have the right to purchase the spot for a clear.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-03-28 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dakenx said: »

Which is worse?

The whole thread is moronic. We have a right to buy or sell a win to anything we want unless SE blocked it in some way. Stop trying to tell people how to spend their gil and time. I know a lot of people, including myself, have an overflow of gil so spending 10-20M on a clear would not effect us in the slightest. You can make 10M+ easily in a normal day on this game if you know what you are doing. So if its worth it for you to spend the gil as opposed to trying to set it up go for it.

I know I tried to set up a run that stalled out at 10 people last night and I wasted nearly 2 hours shouting. This is the kind of thing that makes people want to buy clears. Luckily I got a run with some JPs and they filled easily. Went on a different run than I was trying to do but did get a clear so 1/3 zones done. I had a great time so I will not buy a clear for this content because I enjoy it. But if I hated it or struggle to get a group I have the right to purchase the spot for a clear.

This reeks of laziness and a lack of wanting to clear content without trying to triumph over it yourself without relying on a gil taker group to hold your hand. You didn't earn those clears and items, you wanted it set on easy mode and sold yourself to people who only care about making money off your laziness. That's not a achievement, nor a true sense of victory over tough content.

I mean I know I struggled clearing all the delve content. Shark delve was the worst and it took me a LONG TIME to clear it, BUT in the end after a lot of hard work and of course help from the party I had at the time, I succeeded and got my clear and item(s), the hard way. Sure it was hard, annoying but in the end it was worth it because I Earned them same with all the other delve clears, etc. I fought in them and earned them all, and never once handed my money away to get the clears I wanted.

You can do w/e you want with your money but seriously people like you and the content seller mercs are one of the reasons why the game has devolved into crap now and lacking what it had before a feeling of accomphlishment clearing the game as it was intended and finally getting what you wanted with hard work and effort.

Not to bring REM into the mix but I think for example of the people who have worked hard to make them and the crap they must've endured and to have it completed, that must've been a major achievement for them because they worked hard to finish them. Or when you clear hard content after struggling with it for a while and you finally get the clear and the item(s) you wanted, not because no one held your hand through it but you actually contributed to the group and earned those clears and item(s).

But like I said do w/e with your money, but you and the content seller mercs are just setting up a bad example to other players and or people who are new/returning and see this, thinking buying runs is a good idea which it isn't. Even if SE hasn't cracked the whip on this kind of stuff, it's ethnicly wrong, anyone with sense and a true human heart can see that it is.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-28 12:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

Which is worse?

This reeks of laziness and a lack of wanting to clear content without trying to triumph over it yourself without relying on a gil taker group to hold your hand. You didn't earn those clears and items, you wanted it set on easy mode and sold yourself to people who only care about making money off your laziness. That's not a achievement, nor a true sense of victory over tough content.

I mean I know I struggled clearing all the delve content. Shark delve was the worst and it took me a LONG TIME to clear it, BUT in the end after a lot of hard work and of course help from the party I had at the time, I succeeded and got my clear and item(s), the hard way. Sure it was hard, annoying but in the end it was worth it because I Earned them same with all the other delve clears, etc. I fought in them and earned them all, and never once handed my money away to get the clears I wanted.

You can do w/e you want with your money but seriously people like you and the content seller mercs are one of the reasons why the game has devolved into crap now and lacking what it had before a feeling of accomphlishment clearing the game as it was intended and finally getting what you wanted with hard work and effort.

Not to bring REM into the mix but I think for example of the people who have worked hard to make them and the crap they must've endured and to have it completed, that must've been a major achievement for them because they worked hard to finish them. Or when you clear hard content after struggling with it for a while and you finally get the clear and the item(s) you wanted, not because no one held your hand through it but you actually contributed to the group and earned those clears and item(s).

But like I said do w/e with your money, but you and the content seller mercs are just setting up a bad example to other players and or people who are new/returning and see this, thinking buying runs is a good idea which it isn't. Even if SE hasn't cracked the whip on this kind of stuff, it's ethnicly wrong, anyone with sense and a true human heart can see that it is.

Yea it's good to clear something on ur own effort but how should one proceed if shouting for 2 hours only get ten people and need 8 more for vagary?
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-03-28 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

God forbid we think that everyone's sense of accomplishment can come from different sources.

Some people want to clear the hardest content.

Some people only want to farm their daily Salvage more efficiently.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-03-28 13:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw Vagary doesn't need an alliance to clear, just need people with brains, or alts with brains.

ALSO SELLING CLEARS FOR 50M
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-03-28 13:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Yea it's good to clear something on ur own effort but how should one proceed if shouting for 2 hours only get ten people and need 8 more for vagary?

Start a Vagary linkshell and get the word out or join an existing linkshell capable of handling the event. Something tells me it wouldn't be hard to find interested players willing to leave their existing linkshells for a few hours or so each week to participate in scheduled runs. Running Vagary with players you'll become accustomed to playing with will make things far easier for everyone involved down the line and you won't have to shell out tens of millions of gil to get the gear you want. In time maybe you'll even be the one selling clears/drops. Or you could grind away in Dynamis/Salvage for days/weeks and fork over all the money you earn to someone else. Whatever you find more appealing.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-03-28 13:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Start a Vagary linkshell and get the word out or join an existing linkshell capable of handling the event. Something tells me it wouldn't be hard to find interested players willing to leave their existing linkshells for a few hours or so each week to participate in scheduled runs. Running Vagary with players you'll become accustomed to playing with will make things far easier for everyone involved down the line and you won't have to shell out tens of millions of gil to get the gear you want. In time maybe you'll even be the one selling clears/drops. Or you could grind away in Dynamis/Salvage for days/weeks and fork over all the money you earn to someone else. Whatever you find more appealing.

I couldn't have said it better myself Diavolo, thank you. :)
 Asura.Dakenx
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-03-28 14:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@protectorchrono: You are taking things way too seriously. My dark heart must not romanticize my "accomplishments" as much as your pure heart. It's a game and it's for entertainment don't try to tell me what's morally right or wrong. I really don't think selling things in a videogame to people willing to buy them is any way to judge another person's character. Again I cleared a run last night didn't pay for it and don't plan to buy/sell any clears for this but to say it is morally wrong is just ignorant. People have a right to sell anything they want as long as people are willing to buy it. Would be nice if people would just gear up and do it themselves then maybe I could fill an alliance (I know it can be done with less but these are PUGS so playing it safe). Most people value time over gil so that is why people are willing to buy these runs. I plan to try another PUG tonight hopefully with better success of finding members
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-28 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't understand why people get mad at people selling and buying. It's their business, it's not affecting you, go on with your boring life.
[+]
By Datass 2015-03-28 14:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the replies on here are comical. The servers are *** empty. Shouting for anything is generally a waste of time because most of the players that are still around ONLY do ***within their established linkshells of well-geared players. And they don't really take very kindly to helping returning players when there is nothing to gain. So if you aren't in one of those linkshells, you can shout for three hours and give up.

And before you disagree, when was the last time you joined a PUG shout JUST TO HELP OUT- with no need of drops etc. We don't need you to CARRY us, we need *** bodies to fill a party. This isn't ToAU when servers had 2k people online during primetime, their are 6-700 ppl online now during primetime and half are mules selling Alex and Dyna currency in Port Jeuno. The argument of being "stupid and lazy" is moronic. The smartest most ambitious person in the world can't win an 18 man event with 7 or 8 other PUG members. But you guys can't see it because you are wrapped warmly in the womb of your uber-1337 linkshell where noone has time to help SCRUBS because they are too busy making a Mythic for their 6th mule.

So THIS is why you see an increase in mercing right now- because it's hard as *** to get a group together but easy as *** to earn gil solo. Christ, a month ago I had to pay 500k to a WHM just to fill a *** Vedrfolnir pt because we shouted for 3 Hours during primetime and NOONE would help. But they come running when you offer gil. Pot, meet kettle. The people that don't do jack ***to help have no right to judge the people that do whatever they can to try to get clears. (And yes, it was worth it. I got my Jugo, noone carried me, and everyone involved got drops and made gil. And noone would have gotten ANYTHING had I not shouted 500k for a WHM.)
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-28 14:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

Which is worse?

I don't think it's lazy at all. I watched those shouts of his last night (with 2 idris geos and a tups sch) but it was 2 am and none of us thought he was going to find the second a/o pld so we didn't even bother replying. If it's easier to buy the wins than waste time trying to organize the group and you can make money elsewhere more easily to buy the win that's just efficiency.
 Asura.Dakenx
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-03-28 15:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

@hoshiku: thanks I feel the same way about buying/selling clears it all boils down to time vs gil and most of us have more gil than time to play. Also I knew my run time was bad sadly that's my normal play time but funny enough I could have swapped to a/o PLD from SAM lol. Anyways I plan to try again tonight around midnight-1am EST if you guys are bored and want to come let me know!
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-03-28 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Datass said: »
Edit: So THIS is why you see an increase in mercing right now- because it's hard as *** to get a group together but easy as *** to earn gil solo. Christ, a month ago I had to pay 500k to a WHM just to fill a *** Vedrfolnir pt because we shouted for 3 Hours during primetime and NOONE would help. But they come running when you offer gil. Pot, meet kettle. The people that don't do jack ***to help have no right to judge the people that do whatever they can to try to get clears. (And yes, it was worth it. I got my Jugo, noone carried me, and everyone involved got drops and made gil. And noone would have gotten ANYTHING had I not shouted 500k for a WHM.)

The situation's no different now than it was back in the game's early days, it's just easier to see now because the population's dipped so low.

I've personally always hated pick up groups. I put together my own linkshell when I was starting out, before I even hit level 10, then worked my way up through social, mid-level and endgame linkshells over time, as it should be in my view. They are the best way to get things done while making friends along the way, but things changed after Abyssea hit and there wasn't much need for large linkshells anymore. There wasn't much of an endgame anymore either, not the kind that required lots of well geared bodies anyway, so people stopped aiming to join endgame linkshells, instead forming smaller, low man shells/groups. Which is where we're at now.

I had hoped Adoulin would have breathed some life into the linkshell community, but it really didn't. Delve was the only real challenge, at least when it was done with full alliances, and now it's done with six players or less. Now we have Vagary which is, at least for now, requiring alliances. My personal opinion of the event aside, I'm interested to see how the community handles it. Hoping SE doesn't jump in to make it easier the way they did everything else.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-28 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

nah *** you no one ever wants to help out with vagary runs, we're too busy making our mythics for our 6th mules get bent.

but seriously good luck, you can probably pull it off no problem with 10 people. only the fomor chamber needs 2 PLDs
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-03-28 15:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think you *need* 2 paladins for fomors. We did (and cleared 1/1) Fomor chamber last night with PLD+DDx4+Geo2+Whm2+Brd2. Basically just had the pld hold everything while DDs picked them off. Didn't need the second brd, just brought it in as a mule so the other one wouldn't have to swap. Could easily get away with one geo to as I was dualboxing one of them and really wasn't doing well on keeping up bubbles.

We're probably gonna start selling these in the next couple days since the delve market is pretty dead :3
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-28 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly just like 2 PLDs since they hold hate so well now, never have to worry about pulling hate even going all out on SAM. I'm not sure how the dullahan would go without a PLD tanking it since its pretty heavy on the cures.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-28 16:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Btw Vagary doesn't need an alliance to clear, just need people with brains, or alts with brains.

ALSO SELLING CLEARS FOR 50M

Gee I got 2 idris in my 10 man group and all dd have mythics yagrush white mage ***is too easy.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-28 16:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't need any of that for vagary 128
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8