First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-19 14:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
They still leave though.

Usually have good luck whenever Dameion and I do stuff, people only leave after like 5+ runs
[+]
 Carbuncle.Riaka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Grimix88
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2015-03-19 14:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't want to be stuck doing content only with their FC. This is an MMO, not a Join an 8 man group to do content with them, and only them, for the rest of the time you play this game.

I think somewhere in the last 5-10 years the concept of an mmo changed. It will never again be about large man raiding least not for a while
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My point still stands, most people find the protection of their FC after content updates, because they don't want to be anywhere near the mess that is DF. If you don't have a FC, or don't want to be limited to doing content only with your FC, you have to use DF. During the first two weeks, you always have those tanks and healers who drop after the first or second attempt, because they know they are in demand and if they drop they will get another group instantly.

That isn't fun to me, spending 30 min to 2 hours trying to make a group, only to have someone leave and break moral after the second attempt, and everyone leaves.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-19 14:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But that happens in every single online game, not just 14

It's happened in 11 a lot as well
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not interested in an individuals MMO. The reason I quit XI is because it stopped being as social. The days where you would spend your whole day off with an XP group is gone.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-03-19 14:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't fun to me, spending 30 min to 2 hours trying to make a group, only to have someone leave and break moral after the second attempt, and everyone leaves.
How is this different than literally every other MMO ever?

XI could PUG, but most people ran with a dedicated LS. XIV isn't any different, except you have numerous LS and your FC.

I'm constantly running stuff with our neighboring FC's members, while bullshitting over Teamspeak and Raidcall, who we formed a joint LS with. I've made quite a few friends since the move to XIV.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My point still stands, most people find the protection of their FC after content updates, because they don't want to be anywhere near the mess that is DF. If you don't have a FC, or don't want to be limited to doing content only with your FC, you have to use DF. During the first two weeks, you always have those tanks and healers who drop after the first or second attempt, because they know they are in demand and if they drop they will get another group instantly.

If the tank knows their Job and the other 7 people don't and it's not a Training Group, that's how it's gunna be.

Its not fun for you, might I suggest playing something different, like Call of Duty, wheres its a Solo fest.

FF11, and WOW use guilds/linkshells to organise groups and to communicate strats, that sense of comradary is how you make cohesive groups.

If you are Stupid Enough to expect to win and keep people in what is a PUG group when you fail 2+ times because of <reasons> then that's your issue, I cleared most of the content in Duty finder, I only needed the FC for Hard things like Bahamuts Coil. Nothing else really needs FC or LS's for, Duty Finder works fine for just about everything else, if you're trying to do End Game or FCOB with PUGS and you don't expect Tanks or WHM or w.e to leave after people *** up repeatedly, lol May I suggest you change your epectations because you are going to be sorely upset.

You said Tanks, You level a tank and play it, and see how long you want to hang around a bunch of idiots doing a job thats Insnaely Easier than tanking and *** it up, you won't hang around that long really.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-19 14:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the time or the place, and it's probably going to make you mad at me....but I'll do it.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
and that's why I'm not playing an online game atm
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
and that's why I'm not playing an online game atm

Then posting on an MMO replacement Thread when you're biased against how communities work is sorta asinine by definition......

I do undertsand your point, but your point is you don't like how MMO communities work that don't want to waste 7 hours of their time when they can just do it with friends in 5 mins flat............................ Thats how Humans work.

I mean Imagine if the world was like Sword Art Online, and Retards and Lazy Players Died (Anna knows how I feel in WoD) and someone refused to watch a video telling them how to kill something, and then they kill their friends! Because ya know, that person was too "ITS MY GAME I'LL PLAY HOW I WANT".

That's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Now Challenge this:

You wasted 7 hours of my life, NOT A GAME my ACTUAL LIFE because you didn't watch a Video, I want my 7 hours back because you didn't do something basic.

You can't return those 7 hours, so I'm bailing after 2 tries.

WHen you can give me something more valuable than 7 hours of my life, then I'm sure people will waste their life helping a fool who won't learn/watch a strat.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 14:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The faster pace of XIV fights makes chatting with others virtually worthless/detrimental which means you never really get to *know* anyone. And certainly not enough to say team up in a FC in an organic 'we kinda work together, lets build a FC!' way. You can shout build a FC, get some cool people together then all do your own ***cause that's how XIV works.

ARR lends itself to voice chat and we know how great randos in a voicechat can be. Hell, most PF groups want you to jump into a random mumble or TS situation. Wonderful, just the place to get screamed on by some dipshit.

There are no EXP parties short of FATEwaves so again even on the climb you don't really *know* anyone to kinda buddy buddy with. Anyone you meet in Roulette is essentially gone in 20mins.

There aren't enough lax-tier, party centric events right now in XIV to make the social aspect worth subbing for months on end. I like the game but really everyone around you essentially fluff. That should not be.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I'm mostly talking about new primal fights.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The New Primal fights i.e Titan Extreme got owned by 8 warriors no heals, how are you struggling with pugs on those?

Considering titans' the only one that's Truly Hard (Maybe Ramuh) and ya know, those guys didn't need Cures.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-19 14:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There's usually a lot of people on in my LS so chat with, I enjoy that at least :0 A lot of people are from random FCs too
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-19 14:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

New Primal fights
Titan Extreme

wat
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The New Primal fights i.e Titan Extreme got owned by 8 warriors no heals, how are you struggling with pugs on those?
8 warriors from a DF group? Impressive.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Conagh, if you honestly think most DF PF groups are clearing a new primal after an update during the first two.... six weeks, you really have been spoiled by your FC.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

8 warriors from a DF group? Impressive.

Wasn't DF, it was just a group of players who have shown that if you know how to side step crap you don't even need to cure people, the fact that they don't want to use DF to play with a Dragoon who pos locks and dies in 3 seconds is called "I don't want to play with idiots", sorry that describes alot of people.

and Yes I know Titan EX isn't a Hard fight but when Kal says "new Primals" that's the one I think of, Shiva? Again Easiet than Titan.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-03-19 14:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Premade group of FCOB tier Warriors with ~50iLvls over Titans minimum requirements. Most of which seemed to have decent latency as well.

You couldn't do this with literally any other class, except maybe SMN, due to either taking too much damage to self cure.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Conagh, if you honestly think most DF groups are clearing a new primal after an update during the first two.... six weeks, you really have been spoiled by your FC.

First 2 weeks?

Who honestly thinks PUGS will clear end game / new content in 2 weeks lol you are crazy, the only people who clear those are groups who are co-ordinated.

PUGS can't be organised like that.

THAT SAID PARTY FINDER WORKS AS WELL YOU KNOW, you don't need to use Duty Finder.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-19 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to get off my *** and do EX primals. My FC did Moogle HM/Story, which is a joke, and we went with PLD, SCH, BRD, WHM x5 and it was over each time in a little over 2 mins. It was hilariously fun.

This morning, I did Expert daily with my FC, we DF'd a tank and despite derping around and my "strategic chest opening" getting us all killed once, we had a great time.

Extreme Strategic Chest Opening Montage. Please look forward to it!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Premade group of FCOB tier Warriors with ~50iLvls over Titans minimum requirements. Most of which seemed to have decent latency as well.

You couldn't do this with literally any other class, except maybe SMN, due to either taking too much damage to self cure.

I'm merely pointing out that a balanced Group should find it considerably easier than 8 warriors.

They don't because in Duty Finder you play with 90% of the populations Idiots.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

THAT SAID PARTY FINDER WORKS AS WELL YOU KNOW, you don't need to use Duty Finder.
Sorry, I meant PF.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-03-19 14:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the problem with 14.... There's a large % of people that can dodge ***on their screen but still get demolished by the moves. My Internet is completely fine and runs fast/great for everything in life EXCEPT ff14. I'm not going to call my internet supporter and *** or go into settings and try to *** with stuff I have no clue about for a video game, nor would I expect anybody else too. You can watch videos all you want, dodge everything perfect... But when your still getting face rolled and ruining your runs there's no point in playing. As far as DF goes, I actually liked that system a lot when I played.. But feel the punishment for dropping should be much more severe to stop *** tanks and healers. I'd make the lock out penalty 24 hours, it doesn't take long to either win or die trying in the short time limit your in a dungeon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I need to get off my *** and do EX primals. My FC did Moogle HM/Story, which is a joke, and we went with PLD, SCH, BRD, WHM x5 and it was over each time in a little over 2 mins. It was hilariously fun.

This morning, I did Expert daily with my FC, we DF'd a tank and despite derping around and my "strategic chest opening" getting us all killed once, we had a great time.

Youtube link please Anna!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I meant PF.

SOB that killed my argument entirely then.

Duty finder is Just Stupid!

Party Finder, I've never had an issue with tbh but I've not tried to use that to clear content within the first 2 weeks of new content.

I wouldn't want to waste my time, because I know people lie about their level of experience.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-19 14:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Youtube link please Anna!
If I had the ability to record stuff I would. I'd add a bunch of hype too.

EDIT: Also, we PF'd a couple people for that Moogle spam. Worked out fine. Fast too.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-19 14:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea sorry, I kind of forgot they were different. I've been talking about PF this whole time.

my bad...
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Here's the problem with 14.... There's a large % of people that can dodge ***on their screen but still get demolished by the moves. My Internet is completely fine and runs fast/great for everything in life EXCEPT ff14. I'm not going to call my internet supporter and *** or go into settings and try to *** with stuff I have no clue about for a video game, nor would I expect anybody else too. You can watch videos all you want, dodge everything perfect... But when your still getting face rolled and ruining your runs there's no point in playing. As far as DF goes, I actually liked that system a lot when I played.. But feel the punishment for dropping should be much more severe to stop *** tanks and healers. I'd make the lock out penalty 24 hours, it doesn't take long to either win or die trying in the short time limit your in a dungeon.

And your opinion means nothing.

HI IM WATCHING THE KIDS:

Baby does some stupid ***, mother leaves DF to look after kid.
repeat 3 times (its kids its Damn Easy)

24 hour lock out for being a good parent?

FU thats just idiotic.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-19 14:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Funny thing is, I couldn't dodge ***when I played on PS3, swap over to PS4, for some reason, I can. Less latency.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15