Forum » FFXI » General » Bonanza incl. Cat's eye version of HMP
Bonanza incl. Cat's eye version of HMP
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 17:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Haters NEED someone to hate on, it's not by choice, it's addiction.
Personally, I don't give a rats *** if anyone bots in this game or not.

Like it really matters anymore.

You'd probably be in a position to care if you needed hmp/dross/cinder or something else thats a pain to get because you rely on the general populace to do the content to bring in a reasonable supply.

Some guy on my server has been grinding sparks and converting them to gil around the clock with a full alliance. 18 characters with capped sparks brings 9M gil into the game each trip.
Another person has pretty much unlimited airlixir +2 on a differently named mule each week and undercuts AH by 100k... riftdross here 700k-1M instead of 200-300k on other server. Our economy is all kinds of messed up.
Cinders pretty much instantly disappears if you put it up for sale at 3M+. Population has trended downward and empyrean material demand with it until botting roe+sparks to gil became a thing.

SE should have killed npcing sparks stuff ages ago because it just begs to be botted. People seem to be pretty bold nowadays with botting, seeing someone bringing 18 characters up to the roe npc on /follow to cash out sparks for npcing is pretty broken. Its blinkers all over again.

Do you think those airlixirs are duping?

I can live with bots, i can even live with players cheating, but duping is someting i will try to destroy at amy cost.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-18 17:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

seeing more than one character with 50-99+ airlixir+2 on a randomly keyboard mashed name mule every few days of the week is pretty damn fishy to me.
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-12-18 18:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking through the Kupons, the AF109 one says
Quote:
This coupon can be redeemed for all of the items listed below:

followed by a list of 12x of all the rem's pages, where all the others say
Quote:
This coupon can be redeemed for one of the items listed below:

Typo or would it give 12 of each? If so that's a pretty awesome rank 3 prize.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-18 18:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

seeing more than one character with 50-99+ airlixir+2 on a randomly keyboard mashed name mule every few days of the week is pretty damn fishy to me.
i can farm ~38 air+2/hr, so 99 every few days isn't exactly unreasonable to obtain without exploits
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-18 19:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I have my main and 7 mules running coalition assignments daily. Getting an ergon off of that alone would take over two years. Sparks are nice, but they take time and aren't as viable as a serious gil source for people who don't multi-box. You can get an ergon in a reasonable time frame if you're smart about it, but some players have a horrible habit of making everything they do sound more casual and less time-intensive than it really is. "Oh yeah, I totally made a mythic in a month by playing only 10 minutes a day, with both hands broken."

The mule army works if you're doing it right. The time suck factor goes up, but just about everyone I see with their mules also does it 3 imps at a time instead of one a time runs so they're also throwing away bayld for the sake of rushing. There is also counting the days wasted not moving mules to adoulin from day 1. Taking the happy medium between one extreme and the other, At this point between my wife and myself, we have made an epeo and idris, but it does take some focus and dedicated effort, but that's no different than anything in life, I won't lie and say OMG this is so easy, but I can't say I have too much sympathy about the coalition assignments...that is totally a players fault. When SE releases an event tied to the expansion, it has always co-related at some point, getting to sky from RoZ, Sea access from CoP, and at worst...ToA assaults should have taught people that lesson. That being said, two busted hands is some serious button mashing, but a hardcore player should also be able to play with his feet like No Game, No Life!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-12-18 20:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

duping, at least the method i know of, would never be worth it unless you had a significant amount of 10k currencies, big items, ect. so people arent duping afaik.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-18 20:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i can farm ~38 air+2/hr, so 99 every few days isn't exactly unreasonable to obtain without exploits
I would love to open an hour long YouTube vid and see 38 +2 load in for you; damn impressive.
15 min yorcia = 4 runs * 105k plasm * 9 = 3780k plasm + chance at boss dropping one is at least 1/5 over 4 runs, though i tend to afk between runs and mess up occasionally so 70-75 min is probably more realistic
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 20:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to open an hour long YouTube vid and see 38 +2 load in for you; damn impressive.
15 min yorcia = 4 runs * 105k plasm * 9 = 3780k plasm + chance at boss dropping one is at least 1/5 over 4 runs, though i tend to afk between runs and mess up occasionally so 70-75 min is probably more realistic

Realistically, whats more likely to happen: duping or 9-boxing?
By mortontony1 2014-12-18 20:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

For +2s? I'd say 9-boxing. People are ***' nuts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-18 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Pantafernando said: »

For +2s? I'd say 9-boxing. People are ***' nuts.

I've been known to 4 box a Tojil (Super easy btw) in about 13 minutes, not as fast as the above but it's decent gil and relatvely effortless (I dont do this very often like only when I REALLY need plasm for a new job).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 22:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
For +2s? I'd say 9-boxing. People are ***' nuts.stupid
Fixed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-18 22:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hows that chip on your shoulder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 23:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All *** aside, it's pretty ignorant to be dropping $100 plus a month on XI.

At that point you may as well just buy the damn gil.

Unless you're RMTing the gil you make to pay for the mules. In which case, congrats, you'll be able to afford living in mommies basement for the rest of your life.

Do you "pay to win" on farmville too?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-18 23:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Cat's Eye rank two is nice. i guess that the way SE makes Alexandrite easier.

maybe in 5years it will be rank 3.

Cat's eye has been rank 2 the last few times at least, if not always. Lvl75 Mythic is Rank 1.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-18 23:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Cat's eye has been rank 2 the last few times at least, if not always. Lvl75 Mythic is Rank 1.

Wrong, the Rank 1 are the level 90 versions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-19 00:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're RMTing the gil you make to pay for the mules. In which case, congrats, you'll be able to afford living in mommies basement for the rest of your life.

I'm not sure you understand what ignorant means

That aside- when will this website stop pitchforking the guy over everything except his actual faults. Any actual cheating he partakes in is minor at best. Unless he's made some dramatic changes in the last year or so, most of his practices are legitimate- control over his band of mules included. He's even done more public service for his server in Adoulin's lifetime than most of us have in the last ten years of playing.

He's something of an ***, but his cheating is limited(no more than you or any other forum-frequenter), he provides fairly regular and productive strategical input on this forum, and is hardly a braggart in the process. Get on his *** about his social skills if you must, but riding it on any other terms is entirely inappropriate
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-19 00:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, you're an insufferable douchebag

Just throwing that out there
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-19 00:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

Wrong, the Rank 1 are the level 90 versions.

They didn't use to be, they said there was an issue that kept you from further upgrading them. Either way, Cat's Eye has always been rank 2.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-12-19 00:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Botters bitching about other people boting?

Who knew?

And then referring to what they do as "casual".

The amount of time / effort required to acquire, setup and execute all that surpasses a "game" and enters into "job" territory. Imagine all the real world accomplishments, experiences and money that could be acquired / retained instead of investing it into the time sinks that are MMO's. Talk about basement dwelling non-existent social life.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-19 00:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine if enjoyment were a personal matter and varied wildly among our population

Wouldn't that be something?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-19 00:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I saw a case of mad as *** like this on FFXIAH, IronPandemonium was a forum member.

I'd say good job to thorny on this one, though it may not have been his intention particularly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-19 00:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no such thing as mad in text broseph, they's just wordies. They's got no motions.
By Nyruul 2014-12-19 01:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They's got no motions.

I bet your typography isn't the only thing that's got no motion.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-19 01:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The usual suspects for the most part. Bayld crystal and dense cluster are rank 1 prizes; the latter is good for 1500 heavy metal plates on the magian moogle.
Rank 2 prize is a Toyota Corolla.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html

Right on if the Toyota Corolla is real lol. I own a 2014 and love it.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-19 01:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

and that's how you shut Valli up!
By charlo999 2014-12-19 05:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-19 08:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to bed, literally 10 seconds after I hit the submit button. I could post all day everyday, but I like sleep.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-19 08:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So what would you guys get if you won rank 1? Every bonanza previously I've said Burtgang but I'm in the middle of building one so it seems pointles, might just go for a Koga and rebuild my SAM.
By gargurty 2014-12-19 08:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

bayld crystal, cos i would never get the 9999 h-p bayld another way.