By cervelo84 2014-12-18 07:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be upgrading my Farsha!
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-18 07:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

According to BG Wiki the Corolla is a hat with defense 1.

WTH else does it do?
By charlo999 2014-12-18 07:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if the bayld crystal takes all bayld stages away, and how that would work with trading,or just the last/any stage.
Looking as 100 pieces are also r1 I bet it's a single stage.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-18 07:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it said you need several other items.

I'm gonna assume it takes care of the bayld portion entirely, like Cat's Eye does for alexandrite, and you have to obtain the rest of it normally.
 Sylph.Wonderangel
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Wonderangel 2014-12-18 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Toyota Corolla will replace Chocobos.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-18 07:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If I can kill people by running them over I'll take it.

Especially if I can drive through Port Jeuno.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-18 08:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Corolla? Brand New Car!
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-18 08:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if Bayld Crystal like Cat's Eye, way easier Ergon weapon for the lucky soul(s) :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-18 08:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hardest part of ergon was always the 8 months of imprimiturs, even if you a broke *** you can save the bayld in that time period easy
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-18 08:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm.. no you can't. I personally was one player who went from rank1 i all coalitions to almost legend in 5, and i am nowhere near the amount of bayld required to complete an ergon. I may have accrued roughly 2,000,000 Bayld or less in the months it took me to get this far (not including wkr's and soloing reives). Idk where you got your numbers from, but its inaccurate.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-18 08:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

7 rankups * 20 imprimiturs * 6 coalitions = 840 imprimiturs

840 imprimiturs / 4/day = 210 days

13,099 bayld / 210 days = 62.3 bayld/day

62.3 * 50k = 3,115,000g
62.3 * 30k = 1,869,000g

if you're selective, you can probably buy it all at 30k since you aren't trying to buy all at once

if you can't farm a few mil a day for a long term goal, idk what to tell you.. that's like 1 dynamis and 1 salvage run along with the bayld you get from the imprimiturs themselves

edit: adjusted numbers slightly, was thinking it was 12,500 bayld for some reason
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-18 08:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saving for the long-term goal sure, but I don't play religiously salvage and dynamis daily, every day for the past year. It's not like this is a fulltime job where I have to login and farm my daily gil. No. I have other things I do in the game, so its not like this is always going to be the main focus.

Any reasonable person would understand that. Either way, its not really as easy as you make it sound. If I had a few mules and duo/tri boxed a few nights a week, sure, I could understand if you only farmed gil/did imps/bayld farm every day. But to put it on paper as if that's honestly practical solution is a joke. No person has ever really done that. Its just a theory made to make the people who don't get an ergon in 8 months sound like they didnt try hard enough.
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-12-18 08:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
7 rankups * 20 imprimiturs * 6 coalitions = 840 imprimiturs

840 imprimiturs / 4/day = 210 days

13,099 bayld / 210 days = 62.3 bayld/day

62.3 * 50k = 3,115,000g
62.3 * 30k = 1,869,000g

if you're selective, you can probably buy it all at 30k since you aren't trying to buy all at once

if you can't farm a few mil a day for a long term goal, idk what to tell you.. that's like 1 dynamis and 1 salvage run along with the bayld you get from the imprimiturs themselves

edit: adjusted numbers slightly, was thinking it was 12,500 bayld for some reason

Sorry imprimiturs?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-18 08:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

dynamis/salvage are the lowest common denominator, there are numerous ways to make gil that have a better return on time

if you buy selectively, it costs less than 2m/day, i just can't wrap my mind around that being more limiting than the cooldown

i don't know many people who take 2 months to make a relic once they decide they're doing it..
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-18 08:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm saving for the long-term goal sure, but I don't play religiously salvage and dynamis daily, every day for the past year. It's not like this is a fulltime job where I have to login and farm my daily gil. No. I have other things I do in the game, so its not like this is always going to be the main focus.

Any reasonable person would understand that. Either way, its not really as easy as you make it sound. If I had a few mules and duo/tri boxed a few nights a week, sure, I could understand if you only farmed gil/did imps/bayld farm every day. But to put it on paper as if that's honestly practical solution is a joke. No person has ever really done that. Its just a theory made to make the people who don't get an ergon in 8 months sound like they didnt try hard enough.
No really, you didn't try hard enough.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-18 08:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The cooldown wasn't the most limiting part for me, but I guess people's playstyle would always determine that.

As a semi-casual player, getting the Legend ranks was pretty easy for me. Buying Bayld here and there was also easy. But, like most plans, people eventually hit some snags along the road. If I devote the next 2-3 months into farming gil and selling off everything I find to get an ergon, I could do it. The money is always the biggest concern. That's why they didn't give an item that makes you Legend in all coalitions, because that's ridiculously easy, and even a person blindly storing imps daily can do that. The gil is what usually holds people back more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-18 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Point taken. But I still don't think getting Legend in all ranks is really the most inhibiting portion of the quest. It does take time to get them all. Idk its 50/50. Both requirements suck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 11:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point you should've been legend in all the ranks anyway. unless you started yesterday.

Your failure for spamming couriers every single time you got imps back.

The pricetag, 6 months, as a lazy/casual/worst case scenario. You get (roughly) a mil for doing salvage which is incredibly easy even in sparks. for 20 minutes work. (light work, and minimal effort).

Dynamis triples that income, delve octuples((not really lol)) that income etcetcetc. (more labor intensive).
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-18 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey i'm one of those lazy people ! Then again working 70 hrs a week dialysis twice and chemo once I'm a proud kind of lazy lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 11:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

hardest part of ergon was always the 8 months of imprimiturs, even if you a broke *** you can save the bayld in that time period easy

You can save nearly 131 million bayld in 8 months easy? Yeah, do the math on that and get back to me.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-18 11:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
dynamis/salvage are the lowest common denominator, there are numerous ways to make gil that have a better return on time

if you buy selectively, it costs less than 2m/day, i just can't wrap my mind around that being more limiting than the cooldown

i don't know many people who take 2 months to make a relic once they decide they're doing it..
If you had a single char with eminent gear and a couple hours a day to play, how fast would it take you to make one? I can't blame them.
You could blame them for taking too much on at that point though. Time would be better served to improve other aspects of their character first before jumping in to the proverbial deep end.
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2014-12-18 11:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There really was no incentive to Legend all coalitions prior to Ergon release. Legend in all coalitions is by far the most tedious part of that quest! You can make 500mish in that 6 month time pretty easily.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 12:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Rank 2 prize is a Toyota Corolla.
Well ***, where do I sign up?
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-18 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping for a miracle to not have to do the hard work is why we dont have nice things!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You can save nearly 131 million bayld in 8 months easy? Yeah, do the math on that and get back to me.

He bots the entire game. You know who he is right?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 12:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

He WE bots the entire game. You know who he is WE ARE right?

FTFY.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 12:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I only bot job points. Minor difference, but different enough to be allowed to throw shade.

I'm not taking 7 scripted whm/brd/cor/sam and watching them clear delve 24/7.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5