This is just a game if i can win.

If no, its just a waste of time.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-21 10:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm well at least we got to around page 4 before the R/L what you spend your money on cards started flying around.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-21 10:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm well at least we got to around page 4 before the R/L what you spend your money on cards started flying around.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-12-21 10:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

$100 for an ENTIRE MONTH 24/7 access of entertainment is actually pretty cheap in the days of iMAX movie tickets and the prices of new video games and other activities.

Asura.Echandra said: »

It started on page 2.

Page one is debatable with the Toyota Corrola
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 95% of movies are garbage so playing FFXI hours of entertainment for money spent is quite good.

Think about how much enjoyment you get out of 15 bucks a month compared to about the same price for a movie.

Hey Toyota Corolla is a quality vehicle !

At 41.4 inches, the Toyota Corolla has more backseat legroom than almost any vehicle on the road — not compared to just compact cars, but even large luxury cars, mini-vans, and SUVs. Sit in the backseat of the Corolla, then sit in the backseat of any other car in its price range. If you're a tall person — or ever intent to transport tall people — other backseats feel like a penalty box. We first discovered the 11th generation Corolla sitting in the backseat, as we were passengers in an Uber taxi. In a moment, an auto mark I ignore (Corolla) climbed to the top of my list. The handsome looks, historic reliability, insane value, and 38+ MPG on the highway are all bonus. So happy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-21 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Not that I fault anyone for wasting money any way they see fit. But some useful information:

Those people who have 10 accounts, with 10 mules, Square uses you specifically as the scapegoats for why there are no mergers. On paper it looks like 100 people log-in for the "repeat login ***" when really, it's only 1 player.
SE can see how many square enix accounts are paid for. Having a mule on an account changes nothing, as they can't be logged in simultaneously and SE knows it.

Quote:
Now obviously they know it's only one player, but if asked they can simply say "look at all these different named people logging in, there is sufficient population to disregard request for a merge".
Citation needed. SE has never once quoted population numbers when looking at a merge. The real reasons there hasn't been one:

-Players can merge themselves to asura or ragnarok and pay SE for the privilege. This has already been happening, those servers continue to grow while most others shrink.
-Their instance code is complete garbage, even on a server like Leviathan that rarely breaks 1000 and is often below 500. Tells to people in salvage take over 8 minutes to deliver at times. Delve TP moves are still dropped despite the changes having packets sent twice to three times.
-Mission BCs aren't actually instanced, the zones only have 3 copies of the battlefield and you get dumped in one. Only 3 people can do any ark angel at the same time, soloers quickly fill up this queue.

The benefits of the merge may outweigh these problems, but they'd still cast further light on them and make SE look bad.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-21 11:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So SE forgot to upgrade from Pentium 2 servers to Pentium 3 ?

Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-21 11:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
$100 for an ENTIRE MONTH 24/7 access of entertainment is actually pretty cheap in the days of iMAX movie tickets and the prices of new video games and other activities.

Asura.Echandra said: »

It started on page 2.

Page one is debatable with the Toyota Corrola

Oh damn, it was page 2, I don't count the corrola reference! Love that extra backseat room!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 08:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just kind of funny to me, but like mentioned, to each their own. The moment one of my hobbies or sports transfers into the world of a "Job" or "Task", I usually pass on it. I couldn't personally see myself putting that much money and effort into a game character, one that will reap me no real-world rewards or accomplishments, but I can understand if this is someone's sole hobby and they really enjoy the game.

I guess I can't complain too much, then, when I don't win stuff. Cuz I only put 13 bucks into this game monthly. Really thought the super hardcore ffxi gamer crowd died down years ago though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greebo
Server: Bahamut
user: greebo
By Bahamut.Greebo 2014-12-24 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What you consider valuable/worthwhile and what others consider valuable/worthwhile is besides the point, it's all a human abstract and unimportant. Every minute you aren't meeting your biological needs procreating is time wasted....

[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-12-25 02:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Really thought the super hardcore ffxi gamer crowd died down years ago though.
They're called super hardcore, because they won't quit. Watch them being logged until SE shuts down servers.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 05:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
[+]