users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
By Yatenkou 2016-01-05 14:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Yatenkou said: »
The whole purple thing is complete crap, for one his fighting style Vapaad only brought him close to the dark side as it is a style meant to kill.
Hence, the color Purple...

Wrong answer. Mace Windu's color does not respond solely to his light alignment. Getting close to the dark side does not mean jack ***about lightsaber coloring. Want proof? Take a look at when Anakin assaulted the temple in episode III, now what color was his saber? It was blue. Why? Certainly not because of the fact of his force alignment. He hadn't constructed a lightsaber WITH A RED CRYSTAL.

You mean like the Jedi who use the force to enhance their light saber skills (Blue) or have a deep connection with the force (Green) or the Sith that used the darkside and only use (Red)

Ok this makes no sense. The only thing that really had any impact on lightsabers was that Jedi typically used a colored crystal determined on their classification. Jedi consulars used a different type of crystal than a Jedi guardian, which used a green crystal and thus a green blade. The only reason sith use red is because the red synthetic crystals can either be made by themselves or they can get them easier through the black market before the imperial crackdown of Palpatine.

It is hilarious this has been going on for 4 pages. These are simple concepts to understand.

Concepts that you don't understand.

As for his purple lightsaber, that merely comes down to the focus crystal used that gives the lightsaber it's hue.

Fairly certain nobody is going to argue with that unless they have never seen a Start Wars movie.

You have seen a movie yet you think a lightsaber magically changes color the moment someone turns good or evil.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-05 14:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

you think a lightsaber magically changes color the moment someone turns good or evil.

I am really hoping English is not your first language and you are just misunderstanding what I am saying. Otherwise, no hope exists for you.
By Yatenkou 2016-01-05 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

you think a lightsaber magically changes color the moment someone turns good or evil.

I am really hoping English is not your first language and you are just misunderstanding what I am saying. Otherwise, no hope exists for you.

Is that all you have to say after that? We could critique my English until our finger bones turn to dust.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-05 21:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like this guy right now.

By Yatenkou 2016-01-05 21:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like this guy right now.

Lol potatoes aren't people
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2016-01-05 23:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did purple come from? Oh there.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-05 23:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That was posted a few pages back
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2016-01-05 23:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
That was posted a few pages back
And yet people are still trying to figure it out and give it a deeper meaning than it has. Its a vanity item, if it was a game you would pay 4.99 for the purple saber.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 00:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. Giving this one more go.
We Started out with a Blue light Saber - Obi-wan
Another Blue Light Saber - Luke's fathers
A Red Light Saber - Vader's
Then came ROJ and Luke built himself a fancy new Green Light Saber.
None of these had meaning and were simply what worked for the movies.

Quote:
Then before the Prequels, the Star Wars Expanded Universe added more light saber colors.

A Dark Jedi in Dark Forces II Mara Jade wielded a purple lightsaber. Lightsaber colors originally indicated a Jedi's role in the Order. For example, Jedi Consulars, who focused on non-violence, carried green lightsabers to symbolize peace. Jedi Knights carried blue lightsabers, on the other hand Jedi Guardians, carried yellow lightsabers as a symbol of uniformity and solidarity. These symbolic colors began around 4,000 BBY. By 1,032 BBY, lightsaber colors were still associated with different types of Jedi, but were neither required nor exclusive. Kerra Holt in Knight Errant, for example, wields a green lightsaber despite having no association with the Jedi Consulars.
Hence, my use of the word "meaning" hell, you guys are making a huge deal about Jackson wanting a purple light saber and one already existed before the prequels wielded by a Dark Jedi no less!

Now that we know Light saber colors are not magical and do not change color due to the user and in the Star Wars Universe they had some kind of meaning for sometime, can this subject please die.

When you watch Star Wars those meanings make total sense.
When you watch Star Wars the colors don't have to have meaning but it is just one more level of detail if you are interested enough about it.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-01-06 07:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, to get this worked up over a a movie.... a fictional story made up by film companies for entertainment. It's not real. And one word comes to mind... <.<;

NEERRRRRDDSSSSS!!!!!!

=P
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-06 08:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Man, to get this worked up over a a movie.... a fictional story made up by film companies for entertainment. It's not real. And one word comes to mind... <.<;

NEERRRRRDDSSSSS!!!!!!

=P
And yet, you post here on a website dedicated to a 14 year old online game....
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 09:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

NEERRRRRDDSSSSS!!!!!!

=P

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 09:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By volkom 2016-01-06 09:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. Giving this one more go.
We Started out with a Blue light Saber - Obi-wan
Another Blue Light Saber - Luke's fathers
A Red Light Saber - Vader's
Then came ROJ and Luke built himself a fancy new Green Light Saber.
None of these had meaning and were simply what worked for the movies.

Quote:
Then before the Prequels, the Star Wars Expanded Universe added more light saber colors.

A Dark Jedi in Dark Forces II Mara Jade wielded a purple lightsaber. Lightsaber colors originally indicated a Jedi's role in the Order. For example, Jedi Consulars, who focused on non-violence, carried green lightsabers to symbolize peace. Jedi Knights carried blue lightsabers, on the other hand Jedi Guardians, carried yellow lightsabers as a symbol of uniformity and solidarity. These symbolic colors began around 4,000 BBY. By 1,032 BBY, lightsaber colors were still associated with different types of Jedi, but were neither required nor exclusive. Kerra Holt in Knight Errant, for example, wields a green lightsaber despite having no association with the Jedi Consulars.
Hence, my use of the word "meaning" hell, you guys are making a huge deal about Jackson wanting a purple light saber and one already existed before the prequels wielded by a Dark Jedi no less!

Now that we know Light saber colors are not magical and do not change color due to the user and in the Star Wars Universe they had some kind of meaning for sometime, can this subject please die.

When you watch Star Wars those meanings make total sense.
When you watch Star Wars the colors don't have to have meaning but it is just one more level of detail if you are interested enough about it.

ahsoka tano has white lightsabers. can't forget about those too.

By fonewear 2016-01-06 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys actually read about Star Wars in your free time...yea that isn't for me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-06 09:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, the first purple lightsaber made in the EU was by Gantoris in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. It was badass since it could double in length with a touch of a switch.

(That was well before the prequels were made).
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 09:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You guys actually read about Star Wars in your free time...yea that isn't for me.
[+]
By volkom 2016-01-06 10:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2016-01-06 10:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So... did you guys actualyl like the movie?

if so, i'd like to know what you found good in it.
By volkom 2016-01-06 10:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

nope~
By fonewear 2016-01-06 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »

I actually read a lot but fiction is not something I'm interested in...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-01-06 11:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »

What's good is that it returned to relatively basic good vs. evil campy space opera that made the series what people loved in the first place. No *** trade federation crap or robotic dialogue here and it's a good start for our new heroes in a faithful update to the universe.

What's bad is that it lifted too much of A New Hope rather than trying to stand on its own and introduced very little new material. Death Star mk. 3, leaning hard on old cast et al bogs the series down in 'LOOK, WE'RE STAR WARS LOL' rather than telling a complete story.

If you've never watched SW, it's not a big deal but if you waited decades for this, I can see how you might be disappointed. It's a solid opening but TFA isn't top tier material.
By Artemicion 2016-01-06 11:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asura.Ajirha said: »

What's good is that it returned to relatively basic good vs. evil campy space opera that made the series what people loved in the first place. No *** trade federation crap or hokey dialogue here.

What's bad is that it lifted too much of A New Hope rather than trying to stand on its own and introduced very little new material. Death Star mk. 3, leaning hard on old cast et al.

If you've never watched SW, it's not a big deal but if you waited decades for this, I can see how you might be disappointed. It's a solid opening but TFA isn't top tier material.

The way I see it is, a modern reiteration of the original saga, which it certainly succeeded at. However, it really failed to deliver anything that helped it stand out as a progressive continuation of the ongoing storyline. If this was merely a reboot of ANH, I'd be very content. But as a legitimate Episode VII, it fell very short.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-01-06 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's essentially a reboot of ANH. In terms of actual worldbuilding, nothing has really changed sans our old heroes looking like they escaped from the retirement camp.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 11:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked it for what it was. I can understand the problems people around the internet some people are citing. Some I see as valid, just not an issue for me (the ANH similarity); some I think are *** idiotic and should be drowned in a river (the Rey:Mary Sue ***).

But I don't really care about anyone else's opinion, I thought it was a great popcorn flick and a great bounce back from the prequels that lets old fans get their fan service and introduces a new generation to a classic story and universe, all the while diversifying it for an increasingly growing and diverse audience.

I maintain that people are really using far too much nostalgia in their judgments and that they're forgetting some of the really awful aspects just under the surface of the originals if you start to nitpick them the same way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-01-06 11:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
too much nostalgia

Porkins.
Sand people.

Real subtle, George.
By volkom 2016-01-06 12:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my biggest issue with the movie is Finn.

He some random dude who got stripped away from his parents at a young age. Goes through training and mental conditioning to become a storm trooper. Does sanitation duty on the death star mk III. Gets to go on his first combat mission on Jakku. Gets into a fire fight with resistance members/sympathizers and sees his fellow troopers get shot and killed. Then decides to have a change of heart and not kill the people who were captured/trying to kill him.

Then on the escape he kills his fellow soldiers. like wtf

they call him a traitor and I get that but what i don't get is why he has this sudden change to help out the resistance. just doesn't make sense to me
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12