Star Wars: The Force Awakens
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Quetzalcoatl.Ironsage
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Clace
By Quetzalcoatl.Ironsage 2014-11-29 09:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Storm trooper armor looks like it's made out of cheap plastic.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-29 09:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Episode VII in the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, opens in theaters December 18, 2015.

YouTube Video Placeholder

What are your thoughts on the new teaser trailer?

A black storm trooper that is all I got from the video.

Might be the most boring trailer I've ever watched.

Subtitle should be : Episode VII we've run out of good ideas.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-29 09:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of you probably dont know, (and maybe some of you do), the relevance of the actor who is the black storm trooper but that is John Boyega. He did an amazing job in the film "Attack the Block" which has become somewhat of a cult classic in a short span of time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-29 09:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So far there's no Jar-Jar Binks, so it's everything I've always hoped for in a Star Wars film.
By fonewear 2014-11-29 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
So far there's no Jar-Jar Binks, so it's everything I've always hoped for in a Star Wars film.

That is a sad day as a Star Wars fan when all it takes for people to care is no Jar Jar...

I'm not a Star Wars fan per se but I do like good stories and I get nothing from that trailer.

My prediction is a 40 minute pod race for no reason right in the middle of the story...
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-11-29 10:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the trailer and during the 1st half, I thought it was a joke video, then i thought it was cool.

still not hyped, because the video itself didnt show much, but it just felt nice to see the Millenium Falcon and that odd lightsaber.

it kinda resembles a Long Sword, rather than the usual Saber style.

IIRC there is a metal that could negate a light saber beam, could be made out of this? or could be a different kind of sword, different power source that would need venting.
there could also be other features to this weapon.
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They changed the light saber therefore terrible movie !
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-29 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well technically it's just Shakespeare in space, so it's nothing I haven't seen/read before.
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So Romeo and Juliet with light sabers sounds good to me.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-29 10:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Teaser is right, way too short.

And weren't the storm troopers supposed to be clones?
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So storm troopers were cloned from Dolly the sheep ?
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-11-29 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that is a trailer.
By wormfeeder 2014-11-29 10:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have read any one the novels you would know that there are still remnants of the empire still after 30 years. But if I remember correctly Chewbacca died like 25 years after return of the Jedi.
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

See that is the thing I don't read well. Having to read to watch a movie what is this English class !

Will any of this clone business be on the test because I wasn't paying attention.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-11-29 10:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Now that is a trailer.

You just post to watch your post count go up don't you?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be new here.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-29 10:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Having to read to watch a movie what is this English class !
Always and forever. Speaking of which, that right there is a run-on sentence, and you should have used a question mark instead of an exclamation point. Furthermore, why would you put a space between the last word and the punctuation?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I know you like to correct grammar. The actual words have no meaning it is about being a slave to grammar.

God forbid you make a grammatical mistake everyone on the internet will be alerted.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-29 10:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What you are suggesting is grammatical anarchy, and I will not be a part of your new world order.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-29 10:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll plead ignorance even though it doesn't work with the law or grammar.

Also ignorance of any back story to any Star Wars movie past, present, or future.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-29 10:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
IIRC there is a metal that could negate a light saber beam, could be made out of this? or could be a different kind of sword, different power source that would need venting.
there could also be other features to this weapon.

There are a few rare metals with varying degrees of resistance
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-29 10:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
The crossguard lightsaber was essentially a regular lightsaber with a second blade emitter protruding near the first one at a 45-degree angle to the axis of the hilt. The blade the second emitter emitted was dagger-sized. Roblio Darté's hilt was also built with a slight curve.
Sounds similar to that one though not exactly the same.

This mentioned cross-guard saber, is not the one shown.
This is the so called Cross-Guard Saber.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-29 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I FOUND THE ANSWER! Thank you Star wars nerds!

Quote:
Firesaber
The crystals in this variation on the single blade are misaligned just enough to keep the solid core of the saber but cause the energy around it to flare out. Although not as effective a cutting tool as a regular lightsaber blade, the firesaber is still able to block other sabers and are often known to "spit" when struck - spilling lightsaber energy randomly to burn whatever is nearby. Often this kind of saber can cause as much damage to the user as it does to the enemy if they have no way to compensate for it. The sheer collateral damage the combatants endure from the firesaber during a duel tends to make any fighting brief. Firesabers can be very unstable, blowing up in their user's hands or simply having the blade die in mid-combat, unless they're built to exacting specifications. Sivter briefly used this type of blade until the weapon was destroyed on Juoi. Darth Maleval is also a known user of the firesaber.

Quote:
It’s an extended universe lightsaber called a flame saber and the hilt is used by a super dark cult of sith. The actual blade has more outer plasma and a thinner inner blade (the white bit) and it sets a lot of things on fire and I don’t know what the hilt it for but it could be a show of skill of that sith lord.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-29 11:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2014-11-29 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So storm troopers were cloned from Dolly the sheep ?

if i recall correctly, they went away from clones cause of the destruction of the main cloning facility and other programs caused issues in many clones. also, never want to have a group that can 66 your *** back without you knowing. clones were great cause they lacked a certain presence that you could detect with the force, and using the force to help sorta connect the minds of your combatants so they could be better synchronized and have a overall leadership at the will of the force user. without it, the clones just became like everyone else, having to look instead of just know and flight by feeling. And all original clones were a bunch of slightly lesser jangos.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-11-29 12:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks badass, I can't wait.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-29 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wormfeeder said: »
If you have read any one the novels you would know that there are still remnants of the empire still after 30 years. But if I remember correctly Chewbacca died like 25 years after return of the Jedi.

You are correct about our furry wookie. He died in the new jedi order saga from delray books who wrote with the guidance of Lucas. Chewies killers were the yuhzonvong empire from a different galaxy consider them like Muslim extremists join there faith or die. It took them dropping a moon on the planet he was fighting to free to kill him.

Alas it's all canon now Disney will bring him back to life !! *wookie noises *
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-12-01 07:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Teaser is right, way too short.

And weren't the storm troopers supposed to be clones?

I've been seeing this question come up elsewhere too. My guess is that he isn't actually a stormtrooper, he's just disguised as one, like Luke and Han were during their infiltration of the Death Star in "A New Hope".

J.J. Abrams is such a fangirl of Star Wars, he's probably put that in there is a tribute to the original movie.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-12-01 07:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that the empire began using a variety of templates for the storm troopers rather than just the 1 the republic used as well as mixing in non clones as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12