Star Wars: The Force Awakens
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 07:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I guess it's because I'm not a rabid Star Wars fan, but I didn't see anything in the trailer that wowed me. I'm just not sure what's here that's making people fangasm.

Just saw this trailer.

I consider myself a fan of star wars, this was pretty meh. I mean really this is it? bleh.
This could have been a fan movie trailer almost.

So far everything after return of the jedi has failed to reignite the childhood joy and excitement I had from watching the 1st 3 starwars movies.
/rockingchair
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-12-01 08:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people keep calling it a fan movie? Is it because it looks old or doesn't look like movies today?

From what I understand they were aiming to make it look like the original movies and not some CGI movie.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-01 08:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
The crossguard lightsaber was essentially a regular lightsaber with a second blade emitter protruding near the first one at a 45-degree angle to the axis of the hilt. The blade the second emitter emitted was dagger-sized. Roblio Darté's hilt was also built with a slight curve.
Sounds similar to that one though not exactly the same.

This mentioned cross-guard saber, is not the one shown.
This is the so called Cross-Guard Saber.

Looks to be effective against lonely housewives
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 08:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

because the shots and the production values look a bit off.
It doesn't need to be slathered in color correction+post fx+lensflares+million ships flying around to be good.
I hate that approach, its just basic stuff like the camera shots and blocking are pretty unexciting for such short clips.

The ground speeder shot at :40 looks a bit off, maybe its the matte painting and perspective vanishing point not matching, it looks wrong to me.

I dont know what I expected, but it wasnt this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-01 08:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I guess it's because I'm not a rabid Star Wars fan, but I didn't see anything in the trailer that wowed me. I'm just not sure what's here that's making people fangasm.

Just saw this trailer.

I consider myself a fan of star wars, this was pretty meh. I mean really this is it? bleh.
This could have been a fan movie trailer almost.

So far everything after return of the jedi has failed to reignite the childhood joy and excitement I had from watching the 1st 3 starwars movies.
/rockingchair

Growing up makes you never feel that joy again tbh
By volkom 2014-12-02 00:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

here's a better trailer

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-02 00:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All i know is I am going to be there. Now the serious question to ask your local theater is. Will they allow light sabers ? Last time my friends and I went to episode 3 they were banned. But they were allowed for episode 1 and 2 even had a friend dress as Han with blaster lol
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2014-12-02 04:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The Jedi Hunter looks cool - god i hope its not Luke ;; Also its said the chrome troopers will have the ability to become invisible which could be cool.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-02 09:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Lucas Special edition trailer is perfect!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-02 19:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-02 20:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

THIS is much better LOL. thank you to whoever made this.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-12-03 00:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The above is the best star wars themed video yet to be posted in this thread!
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-03 01:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was a parody at first.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-12-03 22:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not the Droid you are looking for.... Move along...

Since OCT'14 wut wut!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-12-03 22:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fook I need to clean out my photobucket.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-07 05:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-07 09:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Best post I have ever seen!

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2014-12-07 11:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the darth bane trilogy was interesting imo. There should be more written in that style.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-07 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »
the darth bane trilogy was interesting imo. There should be more written in that style.

Bane trilogy was awesome and well written of course del-rey star wars universe rocks in my opinion, but about Bane. What a character, in his quest for power not only did he wipe out majority of the sith empires sith that followed the old teaching he took out some power jedi masters in the process too with his Thought Bomb.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-07 13:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
I was reading some forums about the subject, geez some people can be vicious there.

I do find it interesting when people do question, are the Jedis the righteous ones?

While there is so much to argue about, people do bring up a good point about the council telling Jedis, while seems peaceful interactions, put them into conflict and that killing, if necessary, would be justified.

While some people list the code of the Jedi, it does seem to reflect the failures of trying to create the "perfect" society. But also one that doesn't question it's leaders and do as they are told.

Qui-Gon got into trouble questioning the Jedi council as well as killing the person that killed his secret lover.

To a jedi society was more to a sense peaceful unity.

To a sith society it was under domination against choice to create Strict control of Order by causing Disorder where only the strong rule and what was weak was utterly destroyed or enslaved.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-07 13:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of stories, does anyone know if any of the Star Wars books have a similar story to 'The Last Samurai'?

I would be interesting in reading a story that reverses roles like how Anakin was to bring balance to the force by being a Jedi then turn Sith, how would a Sith turned to a Jedi would be a greater force?

Eventually, someone would have to do the Jedi's dirty work, a sith turn jedi would be a good story.

Look up Darth Revan he fits the bill of what your asking for. He served both sides and eventually found that neither served his purpose. Very powerful
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-07 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Speaking of stories, does anyone know if any of the Star Wars books have a similar story to 'The Last Samurai'?

I would be interesting in reading a story that reverses roles like how Anakin was to bring balance to the force by being a Jedi then turn Sith, how would a Sith turned to a Jedi would be a greater force?

Eventually, someone would have to do the Jedi's dirty work, a sith turn jedi would be a good story.

Look up Darth Revan he fits the bill of what your asking for. He served both sides and eventually found that neither served his purpose. Very powerful

Let me reccomend you to Del-rey publishing , there star wars universe is amazing and is currently writing the NEW Canon star wars books that follow up to episode 7 and beyond.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [389 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Vaelira
user: Vaelira
By Valefor.Vaelira 2016-01-01 01:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sincere Apologies, but I HAD to do this. Year Necro baby.

It's officially past Star wars spoiler day, but I want to point out I called this specifically before anyone else, when you were all bitching about the lightsabers design.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I can tell you this much, when they have those deadlocks, and they exchange dialog, those side flames would be great for burning your opponents arm.

...a mechanism for burning the opponent to break a deadlock.

...And it will almost certainly be used as I said 3 times, to burn a victim in a deadlock.

Had to get that outta my system, it's been buggin' me for like 2 weeks.

Be mad, the movie was meh, but that saber burn made me happeh.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-01 03:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
J.J. Abrams is such a fangirl of Star Wars, he's probably put that in there is a tribute to the original movie.

Turns out he did the entire movie like this. Somehow however, it turned out fairly good. I'm curious to see the opinions about in 10-20 years though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-01 09:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else seen the setup for Episode VIII's "I am your father"-style bomb?

PM me if you want to know what it is. But it's pretty obvious.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2016-01-01 10:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
J.J. Abrams is such a fangirl of Star Wars, he's probably put that in there is a tribute to the original movie.

Turns out he did the entire movie like this. Somehow however, it turned out fairly good. I'm curious to see the opinions about in 10-20 years though.

The movie was okay. It was entertaining, although I'm not in a hurry to go see it again, and I'm on the fence about whether I'd want to own it on Blu Ray (which is always my measure of how good a film is).

The main problem I had with the movie was that it didn't feel like a new movie, it felt like a fan film. It spent too much time recreating elements of "A New Hope" and not enough time defining itself. It also didn't help that the new villain was comical rather than menacing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-01 10:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The main problem I had with the movie was that it didn't feel like a new movie, it felt like a fan film. It spent too much time recreating elements of "A New Hope" and not enough time defining itself. It also didn't help that the new villain was comical rather than menacing.
Thank you!

Hell, nobody in my family felt that was the case, I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12