[dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 20:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Man. You edit more than I do, that's a feat. #impressed.

I'd love to have seen the Japanese version of this thread. We don't even honestly know if it wasn't the bitching that caused the Su gear to instantly become scrapped and turned into AH gear.

It's all speculation. This, isn't going to magically make shouts happen. It's not going to keep anyone hooked, or bring back more people. The only thing it will do is A) well *** that /tableflip idc. or B) Eh I'm doing it anyway, I'm addicted. or C) quit. Just like everything else.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-28 20:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

your emo about a little monthly update that adds flavor to the game. I'm right. your wrong. XD ::smiles::

anything that adds grind to the game is good in my book. At-least they added Job points to the game rather then do nothing amiright? At-least they are adding bonus's and rewarding job point grinders amiright? isn't that better then not having them at all?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 21:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got me confused with someone else dawg. I've ALREADY got 50 JP spent on every job I play.

This has literally zero effect on me, whatsoever. I just think it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Maybe you should visit the first page of this thread, and see that I have 4 jobs 60/60 w/ 200 spare JP.

Edit, I'll save you the effort.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-28 21:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I'd love to have seen the Japanese version of this thread. We don't even honestly know if it wasn't the bitching that caused the Su gear to instantly become scrapped and turned into AH gear.

Well if you go by the "thumbs up" in the official forums, twice as many Japanese liked the announcement than NA/EU

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-28 21:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
I'll hit the requirement easily from doing events that don't give CP? There are certain jobs you literally never take to events that have the ability to give CP, you need to go out of your way to farm CP with those jobs.

so your only using a certain job for a single, certain event. why you moaning anyways for a single(for now) side-grade(probability is high) piece. good grief. you went through whatever efforts it took to gear that job properly for said event righ? well then; this is no different. you don't have to gain those jp a certain single way.

your also talking out of both sides of your mouth. you're saying some jobs you never take to events; then why you giving a damn about some su peice of equipment for it then. its for the people who've proven themselfs worthy to have that piece of equip. It's for people who don't just play a job for a single event. It's for the people who don't use that job selfishly just to say they 'have' it. If the SU piece of gear is really 'that' game changing you will do what it takes to get it.

Did you ever think that just, just; maybe that is the GOAL & THE reason for implementing new gear this way; to entice people to go pug meriting. it will help with people constantly having merits to spend on HTBCNMs wich in turn livens up the shout community tons

If the SU equips are really that game changing; you WILL see cap points PT's being put together immediately and often once they are released because you all will be in the same boat. this will liven up shouts for HTBCNMs. all-around is a good thing. it's something different. new. and exciting. anything new from monthly updates at this point in the game is a bonus. They are adding and adjusting content every update. if this month's flavor doesn't fit your set-in-stone gaming routine then dgaf
The job system of this game promotes using different jobs for different things, it is also how most people play. For instance Rng is almost entirely used in High Level Battlefields which give zero CP, and the only event you'd ever take a Rng to that gives CP is Marjami Delve which you'd need to do a TON of to get 50 JPs. Why would I want my options to be MORE limited than they already are with the imbalance this game has of Sam? With this update I'm even more likely to just say *** playing other jobs and focus on a few, which is boring and not how this game was meant to be played. This whole JP system has always been absolutely terrible, the nice thing was that I didn't need to care about it, now I need to care about it on every job I want to play.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-28 21:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got me confused with someone else dawg. I've ALREADY got 50 JP spent on every job I play.

This has literally zero effect on me, whatsoever. I just think it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Maybe you should visit the first page of this thread, and see that I have 4 jobs 60/60 w/ 200 spare JP.

Edit, I'll save you the effort.

[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-28 21:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if ranger can win marjami/htbcnm as is, then it doesn't matter about getting the piece then does it? you can still play the job without the su equip orz. its a nice quirk for people who want to stand out in a job as their true main.

'omg i cant equip the newest piece of equip; i can't use the job, because i'm not in the elite ranger crowd'

you sound like a job elitist to everyone who doesn't have as good as equip as you. for once you won't get on a job you can't easily get the best gear for; then good. stay off the job then.

!!! lol. i called it below!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 21:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't make people jealous if you aren't wearing the new ***the day it comes out. That's more important than anything else.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-28 21:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

epeeeeeeen. woooooo. weeeeeeee

the truth comes out. That was the motive for playing devil's advocate!! heeheehee. nothing wrong with that;) i dig itXD. the system is adding much needed flavor that I am excited to see implemented, which is why i was very hard against you nay-Sayer! to each his own. You should post some in-game videos of you being a boss though. I'd rather see self made playing videos then devil's advocate on the newest flavor addition. you know the video where you're ranger is kicking *** on HTBCM or w/e from your perspective of playing the game with some cool music. I've always enjoyed people's art. show off your epeen/love that way. I dig them a lot.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-28 21:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when has gear ever been about actually completing things? You can basically complete anything in this game with 117 gear at this point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-11-29 04:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what we have to do to get the Superior gear itself, sure 50 JP's to equip, but god knows what you gotta do just to get something like that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-29 05:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's crafted. And it's "easily crafted".
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-11-29 05:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

cmon HQ's!
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-29 05:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Since when has gear ever been about actually completing things? You can basically complete anything in this game with 117 gear at this point.

But we're still no strong enough and we keep getting buff after buff update and more grind for more buff; what's the point to grind if there is nothing challenging enough!
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-11-29 17:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
I wonder what we have to do to get the Superior gear itself, sure 50 JP's to equip, but god knows what you gotta do just to get something like that.

this is the real question and should be the topic of this thread. lol

inb4 sky gods 2.0
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-30 01:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »

inb4 sky gods 2.0
It's been said by the devs already, it's going to be "relatively easily" crafted gear. As to where future expansions of the Superior gear may come from, it's to be anyone's guess. I'd assume they'll stick to it being tied to crafting to give crafting viable capped ilvl recipes, but still being gated by JPs, where as other capped ilvl gear will drop directly from content. From what they said concerning SU1, I kinda doubt we'll see any gear that's both obtained from group content and requires a tier of SU anytime soon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-30 02:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 sky gods 2.0

No my friend, it isn't in the current FFXI Devs capacity to implement anything fun and lasting.

So after the upcoming update, please look forward to more JP grinding, more easily crafted superior equipment, and a high-tier version of some random already existing NM. The first NM SE spots from the list I imagine.

But hey, with all the NMs this game has, SE has content right there to squeeze out another year, assuming people don't, god forbid, wise up.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-30 02:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We still have to get the Unity version of King Vinegarroon, Serket, the WYrms and the most feared of them all, Bubbly Bernie 2.0!

Not to mention our favorite BCs refurbished into the iLVL era. Don't you miss fighting your ACP, ASA and AMK foes? Well worry no more!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-30 04:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

inb4 sky gods 2.0

No my friend, it isn't in the current FFXI Devs capacity to implement anything fun and lasting.

So after the upcoming update, please look forward to more JP grinding, more easily crafted superior equipment, and a high-tier version of some random already existing NM. The first NM SE spots from the list I imagine.

But hey, with all the NMs this game has, SE has content right there to squeeze out another year, assuming people don't, god forbid, wise up.

It's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING how this went from "the worst *** idea ever" because everyone wanted it. To still "the worst *** idea ever" but because we instantly stopped giving a ***as soon as AH was involved.

They have zero clue anymore. Pants on head is the new norm. It's lazy. It's meh. It's disappointing to say the least.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-30 15:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

GUYS! I organize a capacity point party last night. 2 blue 2 sam white mage red mage and it was fun. we went to doh gate basement. got like 7 job points in 1.5 hours.

I mean it was FUN. i'm not kidding. we don't make gil but we make progression on our characters. Solo is of coz boring. and u can bring anyone. summoner beastmaster warrior dark. if u have 1 sam it can carry the whole team to quick cap points.

guys try it before u complain. with that said. I hope the superior armors are nice. because I don't mind spending a week getting that 50 jps for those superior armors
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-30 15:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pants on head is the new norm

I think you mean Earrings on Finger.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-12-01 05:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
GUYS! I organize a capacity point party last night. 2 blue 2 sam white mage red mage and it was fun. we went to doh gate basement. got like 7 job points in 1.5 hours.

I mean it was FUN. i'm not kidding. we don't make gil but we make progression on our characters. Solo is of coz boring. and u can bring anyone. summoner beastmaster warrior dark. if u have 1 sam it can carry the whole team to quick cap points.

guys try it before u complain. with that said. I hope the superior armors are nice. because I don't mind spending a week getting that 50 jps for those superior armors

Problem is there is only one camp there that can support that. If someone is already at crab / fish camp then your only other choice is the Velk camp which sucks due to their TP moves. SE needs to reorganize monsters in Cirdus / Doh / Woh to be more similiar to what we see in Abyssea. One of the reasons Abyssea was such a great XP camp was that the monsters were sectioned off from each other with fast repops and plentiful numbers. Dungeon area's are too narrow and restrictive space wise, hard to make lots of good camps. The current overland area's don't really lend well to party based XP camping, they focused too much on making them "Reive" compatible. Hopefully we'll get new area's with basic monsters that are campable instead of narrow area's filled with monsters that do sh!tty debuffs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-01 06:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Problem is there is only one camp there that can support that. If someone is already at crab / fish camp then your only other choice is the Velk camp which sucks due to their TP moves. SE needs to reorganize monsters in Cirdus / Doh / Woh to be more similiar to what we see in Abyssea. One of the reasons Abyssea was such a great XP camp was that the monsters were sectioned off from each other with fast repops and plentiful numbers. Dungeon area's are too narrow and restrictive space wise, hard to make lots of good camps. The current overland area's don't really lend well to party based XP camping, they focused too much on making them "Reive" compatible. Hopefully we'll get new area's with basic monsters that are campable instead of narrow area's filled with monsters that do sh!tty debuffs.

The camp we were in can support 2 parties alone. And there's several another basements too.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-01 07:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

When I go down there and dual box with trusts I burn through the Pugils just in time for them to respawn (focussing on Pugils for the RoE). With a proper party with proper support, you'd burn through the crabs and pugils, no way that would support 2 groups.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 07:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No camp can support 2 parties. Unless you're terrible players, then the whole argument is irrelevant.

The entire zone might support 3-4 parties. Depending on terrible mob placement etc.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 07:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah dho camp crab+pugil barely sustains 1 party with 2 dds in it, if pugil+crab aren't enough, add the 2 worms into the rotation so the cp chain doesnt break, so you go worms->crabs->pugils ->back to worms.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-01 07:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

its a shame those frogs in Cirdas map 2 had to be paired with fungars. However, the Butterfly, frog, acuex area in Doh is not half bad. Apparently some kind of adjustment was made to the acuex making them more squishy.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 07:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

the funguars arent really that bad, i got caught in ninjitsu midcast gear and ate a 900ish dark spore, but they arent that bad.

Acuex/umbrils with a geo and flash nova blus+ melee cors +wildfire can mop them up pretty good, but yeah its not a 'throw samurais at it' sort of camp. Some of the camps work better with other jobs, people just have to scout spots and try different things.
By Keido 2014-12-01 11:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

CP are not hard to get you just have to not be lazy and go look. Also the notion that you cant take certain jobs is complete BS. Lets just for a sec pick on the RNG example... Go Melee RNG Axes and Daggers Get TP Shoot. Across the room oh I dont know Barrage. It's like people have no imagination when they come to play this game anymore. Some of you should just stick to Pac Man.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 11:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

See the thing is shooting for TP is extremely inferior to meleeing, in a CP farming example. Koru will not haste a ranger. He will only flurry. Highly unfortunate. Ulmia will give you lude. Also highly unfortunate.

So, that limits your gain on ranger, etc. Granted it's only mildly annoying, it's still an annoyance.

Gaining CP on some jobs is just really harder than it needs to be. Obviously there are people capped on "the" jobs. But is anyone 60/60 on a non-optimal?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18