New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If You Could Improve XI
If You Could Improve XI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By volkom 2014-11-25 13:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

By moogle magic you suddenly become the one in charge of pushing for content/story/mechanics to be created. Disregarding budgets, employee personal health and the mass playerbase who nitpicks every thing give an outline of a 12 month+ plan of what you want to accomplish and anything you want to deliver after.
By Sidiov 2014-11-25 13:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Return all the monthly sub fees for all active players that we accrued over the past 12 years, and apologize for taking over so much of their life for that time.
Would then load the source code onto old Atari cartridges and drive them to an unspecified location in the Arizona desert and bury it in concrete.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-25 13:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely *** scrap iGarbage and stab the *** who thought it was a good idea.

Legit levels 100+

That's my number one complaint. Absolutely LOATHE iGarbage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-11-25 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

day 1, make 3 servers stuck at 75 cap, without any content after wotg, and allow free transfers until servers are full.

day 2, forget about rest of plan, because too busy playing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-25 13:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 1: Make it impossible to swap gear while hate is held by a party or alliance member.
[+]
 Sylph.Taranstryker
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Taranstryker 2014-11-25 14:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make an event that would allow you to redeem all previously lost experience points.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-11-25 14:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Give Nagi Enhances Yonin/Innin effects cause its bs having only 1 JA back in the 75 era :<
And bring back 24hr king spawns so we can go back to claim bot wars
By Pantafernando 2014-11-25 14:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Forbid guys players to play mithras.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-25 14:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure that most of the horrible ideas posted here never get implemented.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-25 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 1: Overhaul enmity
Day 2: Revoke universal spells and define mages as individual classes
Day 3: Balance DD classes and develop content that requires balanced class setups without stupid proc gimmicks
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2014-11-25 14:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance Heavy melee jobs. WAR DRG DRG Should be viable jobs for all content. I HATE this SAM SAM SAM crap.

Keep evasion flat on all Difficulty of battle field content, heighten Defense and HP abit more rather than evasion.

Cleaner font style. (FFXI View <3)

Allow jobs like COR and RUN to use their proper relic/emp weapon.

Give RUN a strong enmity generating JA.

Give COR a third roll.

Make Heavy Metal Plates common drops in battlefields and other content.

Reduce skillchain damage from self-made skillchains (I'm sorry but that crap is broken.)

Reforge Emp gear.

Give Automatons unique debuffing magic/JA's similar to angon or tomahawk.

Give DNC store TP.

Bring back Scorpion harness 119 (like mes'yohi Haubergeon!)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-11-25 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Merge Servers
2. Create an increasingly difficult series of zones with no telepoints, homepoints, waypoints, or outposts after zoning into the initial zone.
3. Insert upgraded versions of the hardest mobs from time long since past that are time based spawns. (AV, PW, Kirin, DL etc)
4. Have those monsters drop PIs to pop even harder new unique nearly unbeatable mobs which do not have "weaknesses" or "tricks". They must take skill, timing and organization
5. Have the upper tier mobs in said zones drop gear that is undeniably better than anything else in game but is also a low drop percentage.
6. Create Ultimate Weapons which require players to obtain maxed out versions of Relic, Mythic, and Emp weapons of the same weapon type which then have to be traded in. The new weapon will have access to all weaponskills of that weapon type, all attributes of all 3 REM's plus an additional insane stat such as randomly gives 2hr ability or occassionaly causes death or occassionally grants transcendence. Imagine Aegischain which blocks 95% of the time has -50% MDT and occassional grants invincible when weapon is drawn. Or Gjallabla All songs +4 4 songs increased song duration equal to or greater than Daub+mythic and occassionally grants soul voice. etc etc.
7. ???
8. Profit
By volkom 2014-11-25 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would...have....

-Improved storage systems to hold more gear and items.
-Remove ninja tools and corsair cards but abilities can still be casted.
-Introduce a new line of legendary weapons requiring a relic, mythic and empyrean weapon.
-reduce requirement restrictions for battlefield fights.
-Introduce a real moghouse in a zoned instance much like the island you get but can arrange furniture.
-Add new high-tier assault and salvage zones
-Higher difficulty settings on nyzul isle
-HQ versions of AV and PW
-New class and race specific armor.
-Item Augment gambler
-New alternatives to farming HMP/Dross/cinders
-Alternative teleportation from crags
-HQ limbus
-New Nation missions
-Improved garrison events
-reduce spawn conditions of world NMs
-new craft recipes
-new blu spells
-new class abilities/balancing
-enmity control mechanic adjustments
-auto regen/refresh out of combat
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-25 14:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

God damn am I glad most of you are not running the game. Some of this ***makes SE's ideas look good.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-11-25 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
1. Merge Servers

2. Create an increasingly difficult series of zones with no telepoints, homepoints, waypoints, or outposts after zoning into the initial zone.

3. Insert upgraded versions of the hardest mobs from time long since past that are time based spawns. (AV, PW, Kirin, DL etc)

4. Have those monsters drop PIs to pop even harder new unique nearly unbeatable mobs which do not have "weaknesses" or "tricks". They must take skill, timing and organization

5. Have the upper tier mobs in said zones drop gear that is undeniably better than anything else in game but is also a low drop percentage.

6. Create Ultimate Weapons which require players to obtain maxed out versions of Relic, Mythic, and Emp weapons of the same weapon type which then have to be traded in. The new weapon will have access to all weaponskills of that weapon type, all attributes of all 3 REM's plus an additional insane stat such as randomly gives 2hr ability or occassionaly causes death or occassionally grants transcendence. Imagine Aegischain which blocks 95% of the time has -50% MDT and occassional grants invincible when weapon is drawn. Or Gjallabla All songs +4 4 songs increased song duration equal to or greater than Daub+mythic and occassionally grants soul voice. etc etc.

I'm sorry but I have to ask, why do you think any of this is a good idea? /no sarcasm.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2014-11-25 14:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Balance Heavy melee jobs. WAR DRG DRG Should be viable jobs for all content. I HATE this SAM SAM SAM crap.

thank you being a drg I don't get many if any invites to things just laughed at
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-11-25 14:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »

thank you being a drg I don't get many if any invites to things just laughed at

Just get good enough to force your friends to let you go DRG!

That's what I did :3
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-11-25 14:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Add nudity, blood and other "naughty" things.
2. Overhaul storage and delivery systems. Possibly add key items to store armor, both NQ, HQ, Rare/Ex etc.
3. Revise gear augmenting methods.
4. Add more story / quests / themed-events and activities.

Square-Enix should advertise FFXI more, as well at improve support / customer service / servers / etc.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-25 14:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh something I was thinking about today: allow the use of porter slips inside mog house. I don't know if this isn't implemented because of technical reasons, but well, if I had infinite staff/funds I could just make them redo the code of the game so it stops being so shitty.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-11-25 14:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mefuki said: »
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
1. Merge Servers
I sorry but I have to ask, why do you think any of this is a good idea?

1. Server merge is obvious.
2. While I wouldnt make it crazy, I think there was build up of tension as you progressed to harder parts of the game. I do like ease of access in the game now, but for certain things (like end game activities), the anticipation and the effort to get somewhere is missing.
3. Nastalgia here mostly.
4. Challenge.
5. Rewards for the challenge in #4 that are rare so that it actually means something to have it.
6. This would show complete dedication to a job. (Yes, I know MDKuser would be the first monk with the weapon but lets face it, its awesome that he has all 3 afterglows and shows his dedication to monk.)
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-25 15:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I second this motion.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-11-25 15:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
Pantafernando said: »
I second this motion.

Can the Alt chars of male players be mithra? :P
By Keido 2014-11-25 15:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire everyone that currently things that re-hashing old content into new spendable merits is a good idea.

Bring back the kings.

Bring back the Wyrms.

Fix Summoner for god sake. Avatars of the gods my ***..
Give Pheonix - AOE Arise 1 hour like Odin but not ***
Fix Odin - Make 1 hour like Demi
Give Bahamut - 1 hour Massive fire Damage
99 Level Pacts

Cor third Roll

Fix Incursion with the higher you go the better the drops are not same drops no matter what just more *** boxes...
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-11-25 15:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep evasion flat on all Difficulty of battle field content, heighten Defense and HP abit more rather than evasion.

Cleaner font style. (FFXI View <3)

Allow jobs like COR and RUN to use their proper relic/emp weapon.

Give RUN a strong enmity generating JA.

Give COR a third roll.

Make Heavy Metal Plates common drops in battlefields and other content.

Reduce skillchain damage from self-made skillchains (I'm sorry but that crap is broken.)

Reforge Emp gear.

Give Automatons unique debuffing magic/JA's similar to angon or tomahawk.

Give DNC store TP.

Bring back Scorpion harness 119 (like mes'yohi Haubergeon!)

Bolded for emphasis..... you don't like selfchaining reso anymore? <3

Those are actually mostly good ideas, and even I think SAM is borked in a thousand pieces right now.

I just like playing it. xD
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-11-25 15:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Change this game to Sword Art Online and turn this into a death game.SEpls
[+]
By Keido 2014-11-25 15:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah and dump the PS2 limitation crap.

Also add a Wardrobe for each job

you get a wardrobe... and YOU GET A WARDROBE... EVERY JOB GETS A WARDROBE!!!

New Graphics packs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-25 15:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Change this game to Sword Art Online and turn this into a death game.SEpls

Where do we sign up?
By cadaver 2014-11-25 15:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Allow sending/trading ALL items to chars on same SE account. Annoying as ***when my DD char gets the item my WHM char needs and I am forced to drop it.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-25 15:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

All of these suggestions are awful. Update the game engine above terrible directx 8 so people can use the gpu even on a budget rig and have over max performance and can stop with the stupid display driver errors. Its bad enough it is still just a port for ffxi but christ EQ even had different engines released during its lifespan.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9