First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-28 21:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I hate to be this shallow, but at this point in RPG's, I am sick of reading dialog. I know it adds significant expense and complexity to a game this old, but it keeps me from being more interested in a lot of the side content available.

I don't mean Dialogue, I mean like you have x amount of Killing ***for 5 hours, then 1 hour of story, gets you to fall in love with the characters.

Then someone murders a character you spent 4 days leveling to 50, was a main character in your group, so you get sorta Vendetta mode and gun for the *** for the next 17 levels and utterly destroy him.

Stuff like that really gets me hooked into Games.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-28 21:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I hate to be this shallow, but at this point in RPG's, I am sick of reading dialog. I know it adds significant expense and complexity to a game this old, but it keeps me from being more interested in a lot of the side content available.

I don't mean Dialogue, I mean like you have x amount of Killing ***for 5 hours, then 1 hour of story, gets you to fall in love with the characters.

Then someone murders a character you spent 4 days leveling to 50, was a main character in your group, so you get sorta Vendetta mode and gun for the *** for the next 17 levels and utterly destroy him.

While I have a lot of time invested in my character, I don't feel the same kind of attachment to it as I did to characters in non-mmo FF games, just for the simple fact that he doesn't have a distinct personality. I find it hard to get attached to any NPC's in FFXI because of the written dialog. That didn't bother me a bit 10 or 15 years ago.

I've considered starting a new character and just running through missions and quests and staying away from endgame, but the thought of rereading thousands of pages of dialog just kills it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-28 21:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

While I have a lot of time invested in my character, I don't feel the same kind of attachment to it as I did to characters in non-mmo FF games, just for the simple fact that he doesn't have a distinct personality. I find it hard to get attached to any NPC's in FFXI because of the written dialog. That didn't bother me a bit 10 or 15 years ago.

I've considered starting a new character and just running through missions and quests and staying away from endgame, but the thought of rereading thousands of pages of dialog just kills it.

In an MMO I agree, I meant more that as the reason I disliked FF13.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-28 21:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get far enough into 13 to care about anyone, the story just seemed fractured and weird.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-11-28 22:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see the ability to permanently purchase job traits with job points once certain jobs are leveled. It doesn't make sense that if you're a mnk forever, you suddenly forget how to punch when changing jobs, or how to dual wield after from nin or dnc to bst.

rank1: 5jp
rank2: 10jp
rank3: 15jp
rank4: 20jp
rank5: 25jp

war: attack bonus, defense bonus, double attack
mnk: martial arts, subtle blow, hp bonus
whm: cure potency, magic defense bonus, tranquil heart
blm: magic attack bonus, magic burst bonus, conserve MP
rdm: fast cast, magic accuracy, shield mastery
thf: triple attack, crit damage bonus, skillchain bonus
pld: defense bonus, shield mastery, crit defense bonus
drk: attack bonus, occult acumen
bst: killer effects, stout servant(pet:-dt)
brd: magic accuracy, fencer
rng: accuracy bonus, rapid shot, recycle
sam: store tp, skillchain bonus, zanshin
nin: dual wield, subtle blow
drg: pet:att/mab/ratt, conserve tp
smn: auto refresh, pet:att/mab/ratt, pet:acc/macc/racc
blu: um...
cor: rapid shot, recycle
pup: pet:att/mab/ratt, pet:acc/macc/racc, pet:def
dnc: dual wield, crit damage bonus, conserve tp
sch: conserve MP, magic accuracy, occult acumen
geo: cardinal chant,
run: magic defense bonus, tactical parry, tenacity (resistance against all status ailments)
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-11-29 09:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »
I would make it so you could pay with a credit card... without the 401 errors, etc.

That better not be a thing :/

I've not topped up crysta for months because I keep my monthly total due just under 2500 with my 2 accounts of characters. Then top up to 10k crysta when it's low. Paying by paypal through some 3rd party thing. (Ultimate Pay rings a bell?)

But it's due to be topped up this month I think.

*sweat*
By Jetackuu 2014-11-29 13:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

UltimatePay via Paypal is no longer an option.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-29 15:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They SCREW US Up man...............

Bring back OLD POL Payments that didnt block account or did any BULL......................... ***!

XD

We need working payment NOW !
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-29 16:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You people could grow up, get a working debit card, and register it as your monthly payment option, and not mess with crystal, PayPal, or any of the other crap.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-29 16:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And I still say the best immediate improvement would be for SE to hire the Windower Devs and have them in charge of UI.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-29 16:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
You people could grow up, get a working debit card, and register it as your monthly payment option, and not mess with crystal, PayPal, or any of the other crap.

Unfortunelly, this issue cant be solved so easily like that.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-29 16:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And I still say the best immediate improvement would be for SE to hire the Windower Devs and have them in charge of UI.

I would prefer SE could offer official suport to multiboxing.
That ive read, multiboxing isnt forbidden in others mmorpg. After all, its a win-win situation. Players can play their stuffs by their own, and SE can profit n-times and normally, players that maintain 2+ account are the players that last longer than any other.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-29 19:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Unfortunelly, this issue cant be solved so easily like that.

Don't mind "the Snprphnx" the dude is just a TROLL when he wants to be, he is Harmless tho

and yes I agree with you Pantafernando, It is not that simple to Fix as ALOT of players do have a working Credit Card / Debit Card but Square Enix Bank is discriminating towards some players on some Odd basis.

Not sure what or why but It is 100% Square Enix Side of the deal in that

The Card works anywhere Except SQUARE ENIX !

even the Customer Support Admitted that it was "THEIR" BANK that was blocking the CARD to go through.

So Snprphnx can Stop his TROLLING and let those whom it concern Deal with this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: utbmw
By Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii 2014-11-29 19:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt feel like reading 8 pages...

• Adoulin besieged type system.

• more timed spawn/placeholder notorious monsters dropping useful stuff for people to camp in new areas. some of us actually liked that.

• dynamis sky/sea. wheeee lol

• roaming monster parties in entire world actively hunting adventurers. sneaking up on unsuspecting soloers lol.Maybe even hunting people as they exit cities lol. Maybe allow monstrosity players to attack players.

• allowing more than one 110 craft on same person not including fishing.

• a pass all button that that continually passes on all things till toggled off.

• merge all servers into one somehow.

ah well just tossing stuff off the top of my head for schitts and giggles lol
By mortontony1 2014-11-29 20:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii said: »
a pass all button that that continually passes on all things till toggled off.

Dumbass people would forget and then get super pissed at SE for implementing it. I could see something like that but where it auto-toggles off after zoning?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-29 21:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. It's official. I have won the game. Kuro called me a troll.

/cue the Ric Flair music.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-29 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. It's official. I have won the game. Kuro called me a troll.

/cue the Ric Flair music.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL am I some kind of GOD on a Pedestal now ?

XD

Gee thanks.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-11-29 21:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD
xD

edit: xD
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-29 21:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like a Platinum level Playstation achievement right there.

And yes. I know it is a POL/SE issue. They have habitually had serious problems with their payment dept. I know a few people that got double charged, complained to SE, and they did nothing, so they contacted their back for a refund over the double charge. They got the refund, and soon after, their account was banned for "issues with payment".
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kaiba
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kaiba
By Gilgamesh.Kaiba 2014-11-30 05:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't normally post but thought I'd log in to respond to the 401 error.

I just received it myself while using Firefox (version 33.0 in case it matters) for both of my accounts. I pulled up Chromium (version 39.0.2171.65), tried again using the same card, and it went through without a hitch. It may just be an issue they are having with certain web browsers, so try to pay for the game with a different one and see if that helps.

Lastly, in the event it makes a difference(might not but just in case), I was also using Xubuntu Linux 14.04 while buying crysta.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-30 05:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kaiba said: »

I just received it myself while using Firefox (version 33.0 in case it matters) for both of my accounts. I pulled up Chromium (version 39.0.2171.65), tried again using the same card, and it went through without a hitch. It may just be an issue they are having with certain web browsers, so try to pay for the game with a different one and see if that helps.

Lastly, in the event it makes a difference(might not but just in case), I was also using Xubuntu Linux 14.04 while buying crysta.

It is worth a Try :O

Thanks for the info Brother.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-30 05:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still find it amusing that people are saying it's SE's bank, when they see nothing of the charge, they get their money from their 3rd party handler, it's between them and you, SE's bank gets their money from the handler.

I mean do people not know how these things work? seriously?

for the most part, but the paypal option was the best one when they first changed to the SE account page, as the other options would charge more, and paypal didn't allow that nonsense, was great.

Until they implemented paying with a card directly again, which works fine, except for a lot of these people, as apparently they have something screwed up, I'm betting on a screwed up address, something as simple as "dr" vs "Dr" vs "Dr." vs "Drive" would throw the thing off, if they don't match up between your billing and account address, etc.

Fortunately I've used the same billing address for years, so it never changes.

But can we stop see them bitching about their issues, so we can keep bitching about the game we still have a love/hate relationship with?

edit: inb4 somebody *** because "I" don't have a problem, you're right "I" don't have a problem, it's something that should be taken a note of, as I can still pay, flawlessly (as long as there's $ in my account).
 Siren.Jedd
Server: Siren
user: Jedd
By Siren.Jedd 2014-12-02 17:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

- A Porter Slip for Porter Slips

- No more random augments, ever. Let me put points towards acquiring guaranteed augments. Any dev that suggests random junk again gets shipped off to an island gulag.

- Drastically cut down on the pointless chatter/prompts from NPCs. It takes NINE clicks just to get Ionis and 14-15 for a Remnants Permit, just to name a couple. I don't need a speech for every trivial thing.

- Turn the WotG instanced zones (Ruhotz Silvermines, Everbloom Hollow, and Ghoyu's Reverie) into regular zones. Always found it lame that they made these huge places (18 maps each) and only used them for a few missions and Meebles. Let us go spelunking!

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
2. Create an increasingly difficult series of zones with no telepoints, homepoints, waypoints, or outposts after zoning into the initial zone.

I actually kinda like this. I always found the idea of some truly treacherous corner of the world that isn't so casually tread upon to be appealing and FFXI doesn't really have much like that right now. A sort of environment-as-enemy. XI has plenty of hazards and quirky mob mechanics, but they're often scattered and one-off. I want some areas that you'd need to really prepare for to get far, zones you actively trek through; not just the Sneak/Invis up in and stroll through ignoring everything. Put some of the danger and adventure back into exploring Vana'diel.

Call it "The Jagd" as a nod to XII/Tactics. A mapless frontier, sprawling zones like Grauberg, tiered like Marjami, intricate caverns underneath connecting various zones. Full of the myriad hazards found elsewhere in FFXI: common true aggro, patrolling NMs, roaming parties of mobs, environmental debuffs, the works. And to keep things fresh, changes in time/day/weather affecting behavior and terrain. Acquire survival KIs like we have already to access shortcuts, new entrances, etc.

Would be cool to see a community effort trying to decode the systems of such a place. I'd expand on this more if I thought there was any chance that SE would actually listen, haha.

I thought Ulbuka might've been like this, with its status as a "wild, untamed continent untouched for centuries," but it never really far enough with the idea and the areas ended up being fairly pedestrian corridors mostly. Granted, a whole expansion land couldn't be that player-unfriendly, so it'd probably be better served as some sort of loose endgame-type region. Western Ulbuka, go?
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-12-04 02:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrm...

Hand wrote a list like this a couple years ago...
I will try and edit the short version. It may have some things that have happened since writing, not sure been sparsly playing since writing it.... And I just dug it out of the pile so here we go!
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-12-04 02:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive my typos please, drowsy typing.
By Damane 2014-12-04 04:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of the suggestions are plain horrible here :/
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2014-12-04 05:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ability to pull an entire /equipset from all bags at once while inside your mog house. Ability to deposit an /equipset into a bag with one click. More mog wardrobes. Get rid of storage slips.

And make Beastly Shanks sendable within POL account.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-04 06:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Ability to pull an entire /equipset from all bags at once while inside your mog house. Ability to deposit an /equipset into a bag with one click. More mog wardrobes. Get rid of storage slips.

And make Beastly Shanks sendable within POL account.

Cha-Ching

I like that !
 Asura.Kaoriasada
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-04 08:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kaiba said: »

I would definitely fix the 401 errors, 601 errors, the location issues for payment, and the 1-30 day blocks. I went to pay for a friend's account the other night and I couldn't get it to manually charge my card for ***. I ended up having to stock up on Crysta for their account.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9