2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If You Could Improve XI
If You Could Improve XI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 13:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The inventory issue was always one of my biggest complaints. I certainly don't miss that part of the game.

Spending time sorting and sending things just to play your job is a major drag.
why are you being serious?

are you ill?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-27 13:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured it is page 7 a little bit of seriousness was appropriate.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-27 13:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
se should allow bard the ability to teleport everywhere and anywhere.

ps- only bard.

And allow dnc to execute pole dance ja: charm enemies and players.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-11-27 14:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The inventory issue was always one of my biggest complaints. I certainly don't miss that part of the game.

Spending time sorting and sending things just to play your job is a major drag.

Which all comes down to the fact that most people lug around 5 pieces for every slot. Or so it seems to me.

We're back to the gear swapping being a bad thing. I'm running with this because I have back up now :p
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-27 14:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This game need an /obliterate command so you can target the boss nm and type that. Then it drops dead.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-11-27 14:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
The cost to "rework the core" would be immense, and time consuming.

lol they remade FFX and FFX-2. And these two use the *same* 3D engine as FFXI (the "dancer" engine crap they developed for the PS2)

Yet look them on the PS3 now. FFXIII is on Steam, too. Because the "white" engine was natively developed on the PC all they had to wait was the exclusivity contracts expire to make the Windows PC release.

Game specific behavior has nothing to do with the graphics engine. More to do with the game logic. And they don't seem to be willing to mess with that.

What the actual...? FFXIII is on Steam now?

*checks* WOW!
How long has that been there?

I mean, I did finish FFXIII story and went pretty far into end game stuff/grinding etc. Whatever it was for. I forget tbh.

But on the PC? I am blown away. This means FFXIII-2 and LR and coming too right?

LR is the only Final Fantasy game I've ever given up with. Well, if you don't count FFXIV I suppose. But that might actually be different now it's RR?

Way to make me spend more gil.. I mean money guys ^^
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-27 14:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

lol they remade FFX and FFX-2. And these two use the *same* 3D engine as FFXI (the "dancer" engine crap they developed for the PS2)

Yet look them on the PS3 now. FFXIII is on Steam, too. Because the "white" engine was natively developed on the PC all they had to wait was the exclusivity contracts expire to make the Windows PC release.

Game specific behavior has nothing to do with the graphics engine. More to do with the game logic. And they don't seem to be willing to mess with that.

*checks* WOW!

I mean, I did finish FFXIII story and went pretty far into end game stuff/grinding etc. Whatever it was for. I forget tbh.

But on the PC? I am blown away. This means FFXIII-2 and LR and coming too right?

LR is the only Final Fantasy game I've ever given up with. Well, if you don't count FFXIV I suppose. But that might actually be different now it's RR?

You "want" to play 13?

You are now dead to me.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-11-27 14:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

*checks* WOW!

You "want" to play 13?

You are now dead to me.

I want to be able to play it on a whim on my PC yeah. Was always such a faff booting up the 360.

Then I bought a PS3 for LR. Because everyone said, "Frank, the PS3 is better than the 360."
So I rebought FFXIII-2 for the PS3 too. And finished that. And then started LR :/
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-11-27 14:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
1. Merge Servers
2. Create an increasingly difficult series of zones with no telepoints, homepoints, waypoints, or outposts after zoning into the initial zone.
3. Insert upgraded versions of the hardest mobs from time long since past that are time based spawns. (AV, PW, Kirin, DL etc)
4. Have those monsters drop PIs to pop even harder new unique nearly unbeatable mobs which do not have "weaknesses" or "tricks". They must take skill, timing and organization
5. Have the upper tier mobs in said zones drop gear that is undeniably better than anything else in game but is also a low drop percentage.
6. Create Ultimate Weapons which require players to obtain maxed out versions of Relic, Mythic, and Emp weapons of the same weapon type which then have to be traded in. The new weapon will have access to all weaponskills of that weapon type, all attributes of all 3 REM's plus an additional insane stat such as randomly gives 2hr ability or occassionaly causes death or occassionally grants transcendence. Imagine Aegischain which blocks 95% of the time has -50% MDT and occassional grants invincible when weapon is drawn. Or Gjallabla All songs +4 4 songs increased song duration equal to or greater than Daub+mythic and occassionally grants soul voice. etc etc.
7. ???
8. Profit

I immagine the situation: A Ninja Job Point party: A pop-corn exploding party.

Or better if the effect would proc based on the number of hits i could immagine this:

Ninja: Now i will kill this mandy
Bard: March do you need it?
Ninja: NO NO NO NO NO NO
KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

XD
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-11-27 15:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, back to the keyboard/pad debate. I was enjoying that one.

Suggestion for anyone who plays FFXI and doesn't own one. Buy a keyboard with 10-20 programmable keys. You will kick yourself for not owning one previously.
I did.

I play with a pad + keyboard personally.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-28 09:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Afania said: »
Let BLU turn into soulflayers in their mog house :)
What are you planning to do to your moogle?

I want to be a soulflayer in battle as well, but then I can't pop it in MH :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-28 10:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

*checks* WOW!

You "want" to play 13?

You are now dead to me.

Off topic etc, but while it was mentioned, what exactly is it you don't like about 13? I can understand where the story is concerned, I didn't find it all that great (although I enjoyed it enough to go through it all, aside Final Fantasy XIII-3: Corridor Returns) but I find the combat system and endgame content enjoyable. XIII-1's endgame, atleast, was fun.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-28 10:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like SE to add an awesome piece of JSE equipment that is only obtained by some epic solo quest (solo, as in no trusts/companions) that is specifically tailored for each job so that when (or if, heh heh) you are able to complete it it would show that you are a master of that job.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2014-11-28 11:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

remove elitism and noobishness

allow people to play events together regardless of groups and make the game playable for people with little time and lots of time.

Idk how this could be done if im honest
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-28 11:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Piccollo said: »
remove elitism and noobishness

that comes from players, not the game itself. you'd have to remove the players in order for that to happen.
 Leviathan.Egonn
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2014-11-28 11:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make it so you could pay with a credit card... without the 401 errors, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-11-28 11:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi said: »
-go to north
-go to Far East
-go to south

'-'

Go North
Then West
Then South
Then West

Everyone should know this.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-28 13:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »
I would make it so you could pay with a credit card... without the 401 errors, etc.
OMG I was just gonna type this !!!!!!! :P

AGREED !

Error 401 , 406 , 601 are just a SLAP on FACE of the player........

It is actually SQUARE ENIX Bank that is Rejecting your payment, so in other words........

YOUR CARD is fine, YOUR BAnK is fine , ALL is ok...... except SQUARE ENIX Rejecting you for no apparent Reason

they need to make CC / DC work + Add Game card / Paypal / ETC..... back again.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2014-11-28 13:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll put another 80 spaces.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-28 13:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

AGREED !

It is actually SQUARE ENIX Bank that is Rejecting your payment, so in other words........

YOUR CARD is fine, YOUR BAnK is fine , ALL is ok...... except SQUARE ENIX Rejecting you for no apparent Reason

Ja tentou usar outros cartões?
Tem resolvido para um pessoal, tem resolvido para mim, tambem.
Pega um outro cartão, ou pede emprestado de alguem que você confia, tenta comprar crysta, daí você paga a mensalidade.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-28 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you can, lol.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-28 14:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

AGREED !

Ja tentou usar outros cartões?
Tem resolvido para um pessoal, tem resolvido para mim, tambem.
Pega um outro cartão, ou pede emprestado de alguem que você confia, tenta comprar crysta, daí você paga a mensalidade.

Sim Tentamos ja , e nao funciona nenum :(

Chato ne ?

Espero que possa se resolver antes do 9 de dezembro , asim posso jogar no meu Aniversario ><

e Tamben ter aqueles Retratos legais da Shantoto XD

Mais o Peor e que realmente nao da para pagar asim

O Banco da SEI e o que ta dando problema aqui, nao e o Cartao o nada disso nao.

Se SEI arrumasse suas coisas ai eles podian ter muito mais dinheiro

Mais eles tao fazendo o pagamento mais dificil de proposito :(

Nao e verdade amigo ?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-28 14:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
you can, lol.

tell that when it is fixed >.> cuz right now there is still 401 on the payment ! >.>

Been struggling since MONDAY ! (Today is FRIDAY)
 Leviathan.Egonn
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2014-11-28 14:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

you can, lol.

tell that when it is fixed >.> cuz right now there is still 401 on the payment ! >.>

I've been struggling for a month. I don't know why they took away paypal, or any of the other ways to buy crysta that actually worked.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-28 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you can, lol.

I've been struggling for a month. I don't know why they took away paypal, or any of the other ways to buy crysta that actually worked.

Talked to Customer Service 4 times in this week and their reply to that question was:

"We took it off because of a problem we had with Company VISA"

and also 1 out of the 4 Agents I talked to said:

"We are currently not looking into adding any new ways to pay except Credit or Debit Card"

however other 3 said something completely different:

"we are currently finding out ways to implement additional ways to pay"

I Am confused @.....@ WHO is LYING >< and who is telling the truth ? :X

*** >< I Remember back then when you did all in POL and had NO ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good days......... it would take 5 min tops to pay account and you would get it done w/o any issues what so ever.

Then they added Square Enix account which had a shitty *** system called "CLICK and BUY" (turn out to be a RIP OFF Company from U.K.)

then they took it out and made Crysta >.> (AMAZING IDEA !!!!!!!)

And you had ways to pay :

CC / DC
Paypal
Game-Card
Physical Pay
Playspam

and then they took it off -.-

Now we are all FORCED to pay with CREDIT CARD / DEBIT CARD only

and worse is.................

They do NOT work at all..............

and it is all due to SQUARE ENIX BANK rejecting the CARD itself.

Customer Service claims they have no control or way to fix it because it is not their dpt. also they are unable to help you STEP by STEP

Their sugestions are:

"Wait 24 hrs and try again"

"I am sorry your account been BLOCKED for 48 hrs, wait that time and try again if not another 24 hours and re-try"

"I am sorry we are unable to do anything about it"

I just hope they fix it SOON !!!!!!!!

oh also another thing they asked is:

"Is the Bank you are using a U.S.A. BAnk?" After telling me that the payment I was trying to do came from "<STATE>, U.S.A."

Are they seriously asking me if it is a USA BANK after they themselves told me that the Payment came from USA State ? >.>

WOW.................. Rly ?

anyways..........

I am pretty sure that the guy that Takes care of the Website was the one that F'k us up !

He is some sort of noob or w/e cuz WHO IN THEIR right mind would take out payment and replace with something that makes you unable to use it.

Either they are trying to make sure NOBODY plays XI no more..................... OR they just LAZY to fix it.

Possibly the guy didn't even know wtf he did in 1st place and he trying to hide the fact he SCREW UP !!!!!

allright , GTG cya .

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-28 19:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
plz help.

nvm, mine works.

I hope so..............

Praying for it to work here too.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-28 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Off topic etc, but while it was mentioned, what exactly is it you don't like about 13? I can understand where the story is concerned, I didn't find it all that great (although I enjoyed it enough to go through it all, aside Final Fantasy XIII-3: Corridor Returns) but I find the combat system and endgame content enjoyable. XIII-1's endgame, atleast, was fun.

For me a Final Fantasy Game is all centered around the story, I didn't like the whole "I can't level grind here for a little while" or "Sit down and do side quests before I do the next boss" The story felt far too rushed for my liking, I like some story, a new zone, bunch side quests (which I'll then work through where possible) do more story, and possibly come back for some Long Winded Quest for some God Like Weapon ~
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-28 20:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to be this shallow, but at this point in RPG's, I am sick of reading dialog. I know it adds significant expense and complexity to a game this old, but it keeps me from being more interested in a lot of the side content available.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9