Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 10:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
TH caps at 9 not 8 on Armor and it builds up to TH 12 potency on Mob while TP-ing.

No, TH from armor, traits, buffs, etc caps at 8 for Thf, 4 for any non-main Thf. It's worth noting that this ring allows someone to cap TH without being /Thf in SoA. 1 Ring, 1 Belt, 2 from Ionis. Though I doubt many value that over what the other rings offer.

odd cuz I tested being TH 8 and whenever i hit mob says Th 8 on mob

however when i have TH 9 or above TH 10 or 11 it says TH 9 on mob

So the CAP is 9 not 8 sir.

Everytime you post something my head hurts, it's like you don't even read or check the info online but then try and post saying everyone else is wrong.

Seriously learn how the game works because this only makes you seem stupid...
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 10:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said: »
Karieyh >> Great WS ring
Adoulin >> Average ring for TP-phase or Casters
Vocane >> Great PDT ring
Janniston >> Unique effect Cure ring, low-potency though
Weatherspoon >> Macc/Fastcast ... useful but not needed
Orvail >> Best Crafting Ring

Haverton >> soloist, DW+ not needed
Thurandaut >> soloist, pet buffs aren't as easy to stack
Shnedick >> Soloist, +movement is not needed
Gorney >> Thf already caps TH8 w/o this, not needed
Woltaris >> Refresh that you don't need
Renaye >> Refresh that you don't need

The long and short of your ring choice is similar to back in ToAU. What do you want to specalize in? Each of the options Tank/DD-WS/DD-TP/Mage-Macc/Mage-Matk/Mage-Cure or Crafting are potent and can save you some otherwise difficult to obtain or expensive equipment.
For me, I will probably end up with Orvail (finish crafting) > Vocane ring.

Karieyh ring is not a great WS ring, for EVERY SINGLE WS A STAT + RING LOOKS AT THIS TAKES A DUMP AND MOVES ON.

You would need to CAP pDIF to cap which is basically impossible, you need like 3600+ attack on tojil to cap which you aint doing without Geo, removing aura and then applying Angon with DIA3 (or COR dia2 with Light shot x2).

The only good part about Karieyh is that you can be gimp and lazy and save a few inventory slots on stat rings.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-09 10:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When you say Vocane and then mention WS... do you mean Karieyh?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 10:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
When you say Vocane and then mention WS... do you mean Karieyh?

No idea what you talking about! (Ninja Edited, I need to go back to Specsavers, these new glasses suck).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-09 10:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Karieyh ring is not a great WS ring, for EVERY SINGLE WS A STAT + RING LOOKS AT THIS TAKES A DUMP AND MOVES ON.
I realize I'm just being contrary, but I still feel the need to point this out. Exception to the bolded statement, Atonement.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 10:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I realize I'm just being contrary, but I still feel the need to point this out. Exception to the bolded statement, Atonement.

Well and Possibly Flash Nova... depending on buffs.... (Although arguably not BiS..)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-11-09 11:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't give a fizzuck what yall think. grabbing a Renaye ring for me GEO/blu. and BLU/geo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 11:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Don't give a fizzuck what yall think. grabbing a Renaye ring for me GEO/blu. and BLU/geo.

Then why post it.....
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-09 11:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Well and Possibly Flash Nova... depending on buffs.... (Although arguably not BiS..)

and ignoring the fact that Weatherspoon has +10% Light damage and you can only have one or the other (for Flash Nova).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-09 11:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: wtf, I swear I was responding to someone. Oh well. Here is a post anyway:

Weatherspoon is:
* Best MAcc ring
* Best Fast Cast ring
* Best Occasionally Quickens ring
* Light Damage +10% as a random bonus that I'll never use

I'll be using it, for sure. Here's something I wrote on the OF not long ago, updated slightly:

me on the OF said:
If I was given carte blanche access to all rings, I'd be willing to store:
* Weatherspoon Ring - Fast Cast for all jobs and MAcc+10. This brings me up over 40% fast cast on my light armor jobs like THF and DNC for Utsusemi. Ichi will cast faster than ever! Pretty great.
* Orvail Ring - HQ Rate +1%
* Shneddick Ring - Movement speed... I hope this stacks with other forms of movement speed. Otherwise I wouldn't get it.
* Renaye ring - Refresh and 10 singing/geomancy skill!
* Haverton Ring - For Dancer solo. Like, truly and completely solo. If you have Koru-Moru out then you shouldn't be wearing this or AF3+2 body.
* Janniston ring - Best cure ring, but <3% boost to cure potency.
* Kariyeh Ring - I would essentially only be using this for Atonement, but I'd still keep it around.
* Vocane Ring - I do not know whether or not I'd use this. It depends on the translation.

That's 6-8 usable rings, many of which have very limited utility.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 12:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Edit: wtf, I swear I was responding to someone. Oh well. Here is a post anyway:

Weatherspoon is:
* Best MAcc ring
* Best Fast Cast ring

I'll be using it, for sure. Here's something I wrote on the OF not long ago, updated slightly:

me on the OF said:
If I was given carte blanche access to all rings, I'd be willing to store:
* Weatherspoon Ring - Fast Cast for all jobs and MAcc+10. This brings me up over 40% fast cast on my light armor jobs like THF and DNC for Utsusemi. Ichi will cast faster than ever! Pretty great.
* Orvail Ring - HQ Rate +1%
* Shneddick Ring - Movement speed... I hope this stacks with other forms of movement speed. Otherwise I wouldn't get it.
* Renaye ring - Refresh and 10 singing/geomancy skill!
* Haverton Ring - For Dancer solo. Like, truly and completely solo. If you have Koru-Moru out then you shouldn't be wearing this or AF3+2 body.
* Janniston ring - Best cure ring, but <3% boost to cure potency.
* Kariyeh Ring - I would essentially only be using this for Atonement, but I'd still keep it around.
* Vocane Ring - I do not know whether or not I'd use this. It depends on the translation.

That's 6-8 usable rings, many of which have very limited utility.

Ninja delete!

Anyways, yes it's a viable choice I guess, however I'm very drawn towards the Sublimation/refresh/regen ring, although I would like the fastcast ring sigh.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-09 22:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE confirmed, the DT ring mistranslated.

Quote:
* The help text for the Vocane ring erroneously reads “Damage taken II -3%” instead of “Damage taken -7%.”

Source
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-09 22:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A 6/6/6 Dark Ring is actually -6% MDT, -6% PDT, and -12% BDT.

Considering BDT is the hardest to get in any real amount, I'd say this "not Damage taken II" thing pretty much kills any remaining interest I still had in Vocane ring.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-09 22:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
TH caps at 9 not 8 on Armor and it builds up to TH 12 potency on Mob while TP-ing.

No, TH from armor, traits, buffs, etc caps at 8 for Thf, 4 for any non-main Thf. It's worth noting that this ring allows someone to cap TH without being /Thf in SoA. 1 Ring, 1 Belt, 2 from Ionis. Though I doubt many value that over what the other rings offer.

odd cuz I tested being TH 8 and whenever i hit mob says Th 8 on mob

however when i have TH 9 or above TH 10 or 11 it says TH 9 on mob

So the CAP is 9 not 8 sir.

Everytime you post something my head hurts, it's like you don't even read or check the info online but then try and post saying everyone else is wrong.

Seriously learn how the game works because this only makes you seem stupid...
You know, I don't agree with you on most things, but this time, you got my full support, and [+]
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 22:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, as Byrth said, Vocane eliminated.

Very tough choice between the Karieyh and Haverton though.

Coronoch, all magical ws, regain for idle, all single hit ws to save 15m on Ifrit+1
-or-
snapshot+, and (almost) useless DW+

If RNG had native DW... I like to melee RNG oldschool. But I think I just talked myself into Karieyh
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2014-11-09 23:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Weatherspoon is:
* Best MAcc ring
* Best Fast Cast ring

Best holy/Banish nuke ring- to be paired with Globidonta ring!

Pardon me if i'm wrong but, all the gear that has "*elemental* magic MAB + X" translates to affinity/magic accuracy like Archon Ring and Pixie Hairpin?

If so, that's a pretty hearty bonus on top of the M.acc the ring already comes with for things like Light Shot, any light based sleep a BLU has and probably other things that I can't think of right now- bye-bye Perception Ring :v
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-10 07:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it doesn't give any MAcc. It just gives a percent based boost to damage. So it's by far the best ring for light-based nukes/damage, but there's a pretty scant supply of such abilities/spells on the jobs that I play.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-10 07:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Trueflight ring!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-10 17:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Very tough choice between the Karieyh and Haverton though.

Coronoch, all magical ws, regain for idle, all single hit ws to save 15m on Ifrit+1
-or-
snapshot+, and (almost) useless DW+

If RNG had native DW... I like to melee RNG oldschool. But I think I just talked myself into Karieyh

The DW on Haverton is not useless, it's a best-in-slot TP piece for any DW job... when you're not getting any buffs (including from trusts). I know that's not too common these days, but farming Salvage/Dyna solo is a very notable situational use, or any other truly solo or unbuffed activity. Need 74 DW to hit total -80% delay reduction cap with no buffs (assuming capped gear haste). Yes, even NIN with the highest DW trait and tons of DW gear available needs Haverton to hit cap.

If you're not getting full party buffs it's also great. For instance, THF in an event stuck outside the main DD party and getting haste but no marches. DW+5 is gonna be very useful and you still won't come close to capping delay. Epona/Haverton should be best TP ring combo in that scenario.

I'm not saying the DW is the reason to pick this ring, but it's certainly a nice side benefit if you have the jobs to make use of it and you're picking based on the excellent Snapshot/Racc stats. At least not completely useless stats. For me with no mages and all of the ranged/light DDs/DW jobs, it fits.

I'm personally going Haverton mainly for my RNG, killer Snapshot/Racc piece. But I'll use it for DW any time I'm not getting buffs on NIN DNC THF BLU.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 17:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just responded in the rng thread, but.

I can't condone taking a ring under the premise of farming salvage or dynamis a couple minutes faster, that's silly. Don't you think?

If you were going that route, you should take the Gorney ring and get the TH+, again, can't get behind that.

RNG is only used under high buffs, typically with courser's roll/flurry, we HAVE to be capped on Snap... (NEEDS TESTING!).

If you're in the reject party on THF, or anything, you're not there to DD, making your DW irrelevant.

For COR/DNC I could see Haverton, for funsies, but I can't agree to picking a ring for funsies.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-10 17:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorney ring+chaac belt for TH2 in dyna dreamlands on Dnc/00 till I die.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-11-10 17:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-10 18:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I can't condone taking a ring under the premise of farming salvage or dynamis a couple minutes faster, that's silly. Don't you think?

Absolutely. But if I'm picking it for RNG anyway, I'll at least use the DW stat occasionally solo on other jobs. Making it better than useless, so I might as well take advantage of it.

I agree that it certainly shouldn't be the reason to select the ring, but just pointing out that there's some side-benefit. Maybe enough to break a tie if you're debating between two rings, for instance. For me, I don't have any mage jobs so it's down to WS ring versus ranged ring (with DW bonus). Since stat rings are basically sidegrades to the WS ring, I'll go with the ranged/DW choice.

Quote:
RNG is only used under high buffs, typically with courser's roll/flurry, we HAVE to be capped on Snap... (NEEDS TESTING!).

I often find myself without Courser's Roll on RNG. But yeah, good point if you're drowning in Snapshot maybe it's little/no noticeable difference adding it on the ring.

Still the best R.Acc ring too though, would also replace something like Hajduk/Paqi rings if you use those for anything at all. I often shoot in Rajas/R.Acc ring myself, so I'd make use of Haverton there as well as preshot.

Quote:
If you're in the reject party on THF, or anything, you're not there to DD, making your DW irrelevant.

Just because you're not there to DD doesn't mean you can't do the best you can with the buffs you are given and provide some extra help.

"I'm not here to DD" is also the argument of lousy CORs who don't have any melee or ranged gear and just roll because they got an invite to buff. I think most smart players realize that you still have secondary roles and it's worth trying to be good at them.
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-10 18:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

That's so silly. A good thief, playing well, can do really nice damage, especially in high tier battlefields. I don't understand why people are so narrow minded that they only see it as TH tool. But to each their own. It's a great piece for thief and nin too, especially with Daken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 18:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nauta said: »
That's so silly. A good thief, playing well, can do really nice damage, especially in high tier battlefields. I don't understand why people are so narrow minded that they only see it as TH tool. But to each their own. It's a great piece for thief and nin too, especially with Daken.

You completely forgot the reject party part. If I'm there in a buffless party, I'm sticking TH and then AFK'n till the next mob.

No buffs = No participation.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 18:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a teamplayer.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 18:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how I roll. (Corsair pun)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-11-10 18:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Non buffed dd Is usually just an mp sink now days anyways
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-10 18:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to Geo/dnc or whatever you fancy for the sake of variety when farming and being able to ditch /THF and still have th2 from gorney ring+belt is quite welcome.

Maybe its just cause I farm dyna/salvage almost every day and never get to play anything but backline these days in party/battle content that I want a ring that benefits me on my own damn time where I can play what I want while I farm.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10