Weatherspoon >> Macc/Fastcast ... useful but not needed
Orvail >> Best Crafting Ring

Haverton >> soloist, DW+ not needed
Thurandaut >> soloist, pet buffs aren't as easy to stack
Shnedick >> Soloist, +movement is not needed
Gorney >> Thf already caps TH8 w/o this, not needed
Woltaris >> Refresh that you don't need
Renaye >> Refresh that you don't need

The long and short of your ring choice is similar to back in ToAU. What do you want to specalize in? Each of the options Tank/DD-WS/DD-TP/Mage-Macc/Mage-Matk/Mage-Cure or Crafting are potent and can save you some otherwise difficult to obtain or expensive equipment.
For me, I will probably end up with Orvail (finish crafting) > Vocane ring.

TH caps at 9 not 8 on Armor and it builds up to TH 12 potency on Mob while TP-ing.

and that QUICK Cast + / Fast Cast + would be useful for macro in (During spells)

also Refresh ring would be useful for Idle set

also you are forgetting Cure potency II (which means it goes beyond the 50% CAP) so it is useful

to me TOP rings would be:

Orvail for Crafting
WheatherSpoon for Macro in (SPELLS)
Janniston for CURE POT II+
Thurandaut for anyone that mains PUP BST SMN

Kerieyh for WS DMG+3% WS ACC+5% (Macro in)

Other rings are Situational (defending on wheather you got or not stuff)

Example:

*Mov+18% ring would be nice for MAGES that don't got Herald's Gaiters (However be a waste to get that ring when you can add 1 MP/tick Refresh to your Idle set or get something better)

*TH +1 ring for farming as /THF or w/e but again could get better ring overall.

So Wouldn't waste my 1 ring on those XD

GL guys
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-08 06:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
TH caps at 9 not 8 on Armor and it builds up to TH 12 potency on Mob while TP-ing.

No, TH from armor, traits, buffs, etc caps at 8 for Thf, 4 for any non-main Thf. It's worth noting that this ring allows someone to cap TH without being /Thf in SoA. 1 Ring, 1 Belt, 2 from Ionis. Though I doubt many value that over what the other rings offer.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-08 06:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

No, TH from armor, traits, buffs, etc caps at 8 for Thf, 4 for any non-main Thf. It's worth noting that this ring allows someone to cap TH without being /Thf in SoA. 1 Ring, 1 Belt, 2 from Ionis. Though I doubt many value that over what the other rings offer.

odd cuz I tested being TH 8 and whenever i hit mob says Th 8 on mob

however when i have TH 9 or above TH 10 or 11 it says TH 9 on mob

So the CAP is 9 not 8 sir.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-08 06:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably you were with kupower "treasure hound". I do remember someone saying that in past. Kupower th dont count as gear th, so it surpass cap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-08 06:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Probably you were with kupower "treasure hound". I do remember someone saying that in past. Kupower th dont count as gear th, so it surpass cap.

it wasn't , i try with and w/o it

even in Adoulin and areas where Kupo powers wouldn't work

it still said TH 9 on mob

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

just saying, what I witnessed (Also we don't have Treasure Hound right now and I still getting TH 9 on mobs)

P.S. with Treasure Hound it says TH 10
By Pantafernando 2014-11-08 06:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

just saying, what I witnessed (Also we don't have Treasure Hound right now and I still getting TH 9 on mobs)

Where this message appears? Its an windower addon/plugin or its in game native log?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-08 06:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

Where this message appears? Its an windower addon/plugin or its in game native log?

Native log / Windower (Friend that uses it was testing too and said same exact info, he said TH CAPS at 9 on armor as a THF Main job
TH 4 as sub job

and can be built to TH 12 potency

so ya.......
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-08 06:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

..You do realize that's the proc, right? You don't have to proc a mob to apply TH to it. Wear TH8, hit mob, it has TH8. It doesn't say anything about TH8 because you haven't proced it. Keep hitting it, and you proc it, bam, TH9.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-08 06:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

Native log / Windower (Friend that uses it was testing too and said same exact info, he said TH CAPS at 9 on armor as a THF Main job
TH 4 as sub job

so ya.......

First action as THF or /THF applies the base Treasure Hunter level, factoring gear in traits. This initial application of THIS is NOT seen in chat logs. After that, any message seen in the logs is an upgrade to your TH level, and visible in the chatlog. That's why as you are meleeing, with TH8 in traits and armor, the first message you see is TH9.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2014-11-08 08:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

if the only the girl with dancing avatar would pick which ring I should give her, errr I mean I take
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-08 08:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

..You do realize that's the proc, right? You don't have to proc a mob to apply TH to it. Wear TH8, hit mob, it has TH8. It doesn't say anything about TH8 because you haven't proced it. Keep hitting it, and you proc it, bam, TH9.

I'm amazed at how many people still don't realize how TH and TH procs work. I still hear the occasional person saying that TH goes away if the party's thief dies after he's already hit the mob.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-08 08:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm amazed at how many people still don't realize how TH and TH procs work. I still hear the occasional person saying that TH goes away if the party's thief dies after he's already hit the mob.

Can't fix stupid. You can beat facts into their head for days, doesn't matter. Just have to ignore it and let them just be stupid.
By Brolli 2014-11-08 08:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm weatherspoon ring? and renaye..
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-08 09:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
if the only the girl with dancing avatar would pick which ring I should give her, errr I mean I take

Shneddick.

Too easy to figure joke.
By Brolli 2014-11-08 09:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why they keep using the same boring/rehashed "tidal talisman" type outfit? looks like the art department is out of ideas.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-08 09:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like we're going to undress Melvien's corpse at the end. That's the adventurer way!
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-11-08 09:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Looks like we're going to undress Melvien's corpse at the end. That's the adventurer way!
Loot the corpse is rpg basics after all.
By Brolli 2014-11-08 09:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »

Why they keep using the same boring/rehashed "tidal talisman" type outfit? looks like the art department is out of ideas.

Oh w8!

(same face and body but with blonde hair)
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-08 09:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh w8!

(same face and body but with blonde hair)

LOL SEI ! (Why change , just change some details and Re-use it)

Nobody will notice they said......... It would be fine they said......

XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-08 09:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... all humans do look alike... it's not like you can really change what makes a male character a male character.

Females you can change simply by breast size... males not so much.

The only thing you can tweak is the height/weight.

Generic humans all. Severely off-topic but w/e
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-08 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

TH 4 as sub job

so ya.......

First action as THF or /THF applies the base Treasure Hunter level, factoring gear in traits. This initial application of THIS is NOT seen in chat logs. After that, any message seen in the logs is an upgrade to your TH level, and visible in the chatlog. That's why as you are meleeing, with TH8 in traits and armor, the first message you see is TH9.
Building TH to 12 through the log can be tricky if you WS as well. Because TH procs don't show on WS's. If you are at 11 and proc 12 on a WS, you will never know.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-08 14:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

so I take Cap is 9 not 8

Its Kuroganashi tho. he doesnt get it even if everyone else
does. Sometimes I wonder if he is just dumb or if he just believes the bs that people feed him to make him look dumb.
[+]
By runeghost 2014-11-08 21:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rings aside.... does anyone other than myself find this storyline... lacking?
There are a good number of very nice cut scenes but the number of fights/quests/etc seems a lot closer to (for example) Crystalline Prophecy or Moogle Kupo d'etat than Aht Urghan or Wings of the Goddess....
Or am I the only one that notices these things?
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-08 21:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
There are a good number of very nice cut scenes but the number of fights/quests/etc seems a lot closer to (for example) Crystalline Prophecy or Moogle Kupo d'etat than Aht Urghan or Wings of the Goddess....

It's noticed. I'd imagine it's more due to a general lack of interest in missions. There's a lot of people who moan about requirements like CoP for sea and BCs, sky for BCs, etc. They prolly took that to heart and gutted most difficult content in favor of providing a decent story that everyone can experience with ease.
By Wordspoken 2014-11-09 08:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, the storyline is ok. There's a lot of plot happening, lore explained etc, but something does feel off. I'd say it's because too many cs and too easy fights, you get too fast pacing storytelling-wise.

Supplementary quests that support exploring the lore/backround without being too much of a chore fetchquest would support a better pacing, if you ask me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-09 09:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do the storyline cause I don't like reading a chapter of a book, only to have to wait 3-6 months to read the next chapter...

I'm going to wait until the book is released before starting to read it fully.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-11-09 09:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Haverton probably the best ring for a Main Ranger 6 Snapshot AND 20 RACC.
(That's what I am picking)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 10:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's noticed. I'd imagine it's more due to a general lack of interest in missions. There's a lot of people who moan about requirements like CoP for sea and BCs, sky for BCs, etc. They prolly took that to heart and gutted most difficult content in favor of providing a decent story that everyone can experience with ease.

And this is why we can't have nice things.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-11-09 10:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Yep people these days are lazy and just want everything for nothing. back in the day CoP was back breaking work trying to complete it. I was hopeing the same difficulty from the new missions. this mission line does seem on par with toau though. toau only had 8 fights and so far with seekers I only count 4 fights so I am going to guess 5 fights totaly with new update. seekers missions has made us do a bunch of fetch quests and other things. when toau most of it was just getting alot CS and doing the bcnm fights. I noticed with expansions SE has been rotating story and exploration. zilart small story but lots of exploration CoP huge story not much exloration. toau all exploration when the story is not as hard or crazy as CoP. then there is wings that was all about story line with each update rotating nation quests and missions. there where the main story that was going on along with nation quests for each nation. then seekers is all about exploration. the storyline is short and does not take that long to finish.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10