Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-07 10:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
I don't know, let's say it's not multiplicative and you actually get 53% potency.

Let's say you did a curaga that would've healed 4k in total before this ring. (so (4k/1.5) to get the base healing, then *1.53 to get 53% cure pot... seems to look right looking at the cure formula,but could be wrong). that means you'll heal for 4080 - a whooping 80hp more. 5% mp return with empy legs means you'd get 4 extra mp back. and a 4k cure is a pretty big cure, chances are you won't be throwing out that kind of curing spells that often.

sublimation+1 (assume /sch) and refresh +1 is essentialy 2 more mp per tick. so 2 tick would get you that bonus of what that extra cure pot would give you on a big cure.... on that front i think the curing ring is a bit weak and not really worth getting.

Epeen from bigger cures? :£ Cureskin (meh 35~40 hp) I guess it's not huge, but refresh isn't really an issue but then I guess nether is a few extra HP on a cure) lets not forget the -7 Emnity as well however

Exactly lol. -enmity may be nice but i imagine your sets would've capped it already, and hate problem on whm is near non existent unless it's a hate reset move. While they all look good they are kina not that great. I am leaning towards getting the macc/FC one really lol.
Well, even if you trade a couple of enmity gears for more MND/VIT, that increases the cures even more, which increases the cureskin and cure recovery, especially for lower tier cures (Cure 3/5).

possibly, but we're still talking about tiny increase in numbers here. esp for lower tier cures, unless we're talking about removing a -enmity slot means you can gain massive boost on healing skill or MND or something (bear in mind probably also lost some stats by swapping out a ring to wear this ring!).

In general (at the moment) I think the macc FC one is more worthwhile. a ring that gives macc and FC is def nice for stun set.and macc+10 is great for INT based enfeeblings (since HQ shiva rings have MAB not macc), or swapping out sangoma if you dont' have double leviathan/carbuncle ring +1. If you only solely play whm and not other mage class and you don't need that FC then yes maybe the curing ring is the way to go. But even then i might consider that sublimation/refresh ring first..
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-07 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, ive been gone a while, and i sure dont remember that stat...

What are these 'cure potency II' and 'DT- II'?? How do they differ from the original version?
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-07 10:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They exceed the hard cap of 50%.
 Phoenix.Missnasty
Server: Phoenix
user: Missnasty
By Phoenix.Missnasty 2014-11-07 10:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the most logical assumption is that they are separate from the "I" versions. That means you can bypass the caps.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 10:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

What are these 'cure potency II' and 'DT- II'?? How do they differ from the original version?
Overall cap on potency/damage taken is 80%.

The 2nd tier (known as II) is a different calculation of the total amount.

Assume the following:

PLD A has an Aegis 99 and -50% total DT in gear. Aegis 99% has MDT II of -50%.

His total damage taken reduction is PDT-50% and MDT-80%, as the tier one (the -50% DT set) is -50%, but the cap itself is 80%, so you only benefit from -30% of the -50% MDT on Aegis (since it's calculated separately).

Think of it as 2 different buckets on a pier. Each bucket can hold 50 fish, but you can only have 80 fish in both buckets before it breaks. If you put 50 fish in both buckets, the pier will break and you lose the fish over the total 80.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 10:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI, PDT/MDT caps at 50%. With Burtgang, you can reach 68% PDT and Aegis 87.5% MDT. I forget what it was on RUN. I haven't gotten around to gearing mines. Ugh, I gotta catch up in my missions now...

EDIT: I think on RUN it was 55% PDT with JSE and 75% PDT with Ergon weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 10:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Aegis 87.5% MDT.
Wait, I thought the cap was 80%.

You sure resists aren't be calculated?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-07 10:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mefuki said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Schneddick... LOL

It's the quintessential kiting ring (should SE make that relevant again) and for jobs like BLU, it's our first 18% movement speed piece.

That said, I still think there are better choices.

I'm probably going to go for Weatherspoon.

The lol comes from something like "wtf 18 if i have 300?".
But its an interesting ring, but there are better options.

I would skip regen and refresh ones, and go for the II rings. The cure one for whm and dt for pld. Would like to know if this reduce knockback stacks with cape.

Other question would be if the pet ring stats, the thurandaut, if all of those stats are pet relative.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 10:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis 87.5% MDT.
Wait, I thought the cap was 80%.

You sure resists aren't be calculated?
I'm pretty sure it's 87.5%. Unless someone else can prove me otherwise.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-07 10:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

both pld guide and bgwiki are saying 87.5%
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 10:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanna know if the new Vocane Ring stacks with the said caps.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 10:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

More than likely.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 10:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That'll be my ring of choice if that's the case!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-07 11:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been aware of the overall damage reduction caps being 87.5%, in regard to Vocane ring, it will surpass the natural 50% cap, but nothing can surpass the 87.5% cap.

Means Burtgang PLD would be able to reach 71% PDT, Epeolatry RUN will be able to hit 78% PDT.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-07 11:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory but you probably use a combo of DRing+Dark Ring/Patricius to even approach the 50% cap. You would have to sacrifice some of those %s to use the ring. However in the instance of Rune Fencer Qaaxo Tights Path C and their -5PDT begins to have an interesting niche with regards to this scenario.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-07 11:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Assume the following:

His total damage taken reduction is PDT-50% and MDT-80%, as the tier one (the -50% DT set) is -50%, but the cap itself is 80%, so you only benefit from -30% of the -50% MDT on Aegis (since it's calculated separately).

Think of it as 2 different buckets on a pier. Each bucket can hold 50 fish, but you can only have 80 fish in both buckets before it breaks. If you put 50 fish in both buckets, the pier will break and you lose the fish over the total 80.

is Aegis counted as mdt- II category like the rings? I know its counted separately from the gear in general, up to the hard cap.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 11:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I've always been aware of the overall damage reduction caps being 87.5%, in regard to Vocane ring, it will surpass the natural 50% cap, but nothing can surpass the 87.5% cap.

Means Burtgang PLD would be able to reach 71% PDT, Epeolatry RUN will be able to hit 78% PDT.
I'm assuming that's what it means by "damage taken II" part. Now, if they came out with "damage taken III", I'm assuming that'll break the aegis cap. Wishful thinking.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-07 11:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh...this is a tough decision *head in hands staring desperately at the floor for weeks*
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-07 11:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If there was a damage taken III it would just be another separate pool of -DT stuff

so you have the base DT that we're all aware of that can't surpass 50%, I figure it may be the same case for stuff like PDT II, MDT II and DT II that it can't surpass 50% but as of yet only aegis hits 50%, would be interesting to see if you can raise MDT past 50% with just 99 Aegis and the Vocane Ring or if Damage II will cap at 50% since Aegis and the Ring would in theory put your MDT at 53%.

I very much doubt we'll ever surpass the 87.5% cap, that was introduced after pet jobs could hit something like 95% inside Abyssea, or whatever the value was.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 11:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ugh...this is a tough decision *head in hands staring desperately at the floor for weeks*

I honestly can't decide what to get.. something for WHM or SAM....

D:

Or BLU?????

Or the RNG I was planning on Leveling ?!

>.<!!!!!!
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Assume the following:

is Aegis counted as mdt- II category like the rings? I know its counted separately from the gear in general, up to the hard cap.
You can look at it that way. But Aegis was out before the whole introduction of "physical damage taken part II" etc. I guess if SE wanted, the equivalent would be "magical damage taken part II -37.5".
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-11-07 11:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, I'd prioritize them like so:

1. Weatherspoon Ring
2. Renaye Ring
3. Orvail Ring
4. Shneddick Ring
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 11:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
For me, I'd prioritize them like so:

1. Weatherspoon Ring
2. Renaye Ring
3. Orvail Ring
4. Shneddick Ring
The ocassional quickening ring is nice. Add that along with the garuda Lebeche ring and bam, additional 5% occ. quickening! But then again, this the first time there's a refresh ring, and 2 of them also!
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-11-07 11:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Yes you are right, refresh! Damn you SE
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 11:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As if 1 refresh actually changes anything, honestly? You don't have +30 refresh already?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 11:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I very much doubt we'll ever surpass the 87.5% cap, that was introduced after pet jobs could hit something like 95% inside Abyssea, or whatever the value was.
I remember this when Abyssea first came out. Lol. BST was able to reach 108% PDT. Groups would be pissed waiting for a solo BST to afk for 30+ mins having their pets auto attack the mobs. That was nerfed soon after. Nerf wasn't as bad as I would've thought so. 87.5%, yes was the new cap after the nerf.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 11:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As if 1 refresh actually changes anything, honestly? You don't have +30 refresh already?
It's a hard decision for me personally because I go back and forth between DRK, PLD, WHM and SCH. Why did mages go for the refresh earring in WotG? Same reason.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-11-07 11:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he is right. Today refresh isn't exactly a problem. I might just do Orvail cap my crafts and pay 300k for weatherspoon

edit: unless theres a real benefit to having blue magic beyond 510ish? I forget where I'm capped atm
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 11:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a hard decision for me personally because I go back and forth between DRK, PLD, WHM and SCH. Why did mages go for the refresh earring in WotG? Same reason.

No one actually picked a refresh earring... TP bonus ONRY. Refresh was harder to come by back then though... Now everyone has a gjallerhorn. And GEO. And 6 pieces of refresh gear.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-11-07 11:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Run away ring, perfect for us the french
:-)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10