Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-20 14:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
western minds that realize the true meaning of the religion
Except that we do know the true meaning of the (and all) religion(s).

Islam (nor Christianity, nor Judaism, nor Buddhism, nor any other religion out there) is not there to promote social or religious doctrines to the people, it is there to control the people in believing in a single purpose.

A very small portion of the population misinterpret the intent to be divine, but a growing number of people realize what religion is truly doing to society, and that is mass control.

If you don't believe me, then ask yourself this: Why does there have to be one person over everyone in all religions?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-20 14:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Islam (nor Christianity, nor Judaism, nor Buddhism, nor any other religion out there) is not there to promote social or religious doctrines to the people, it is there to control the people in believing in a single purpose.

A very small portion of the population misinterpret the intent to be divine, but a growing number of people realize what religion is truly doing to society, and that is mass control.

If you don't believe me, then ask yourself this: Why does there have to be one person over everyone in all religions?

Is there 1 person over everyone else in all religions though? I'm not sure.

Islam didn't make any mention of the Caliph in the Quran, and the bible doesn't make any mention of the pope in the bible.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 14:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

While the major 3 or so religions (and most, and their sects) do this, not quite all religions have a central control figure. Don't get me wrong, I think they're all unnecessary and people shouldn't rely so much on blind faith, but I wouldn't classify them all together in that regard.

But like Christianity and Islam, *** yeah: control.

Hell one of the main tenants of Islam is that freedom is a sin and since sinners must die, well you get the idea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-20 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

While the major 3 or so religions (and most, and their sects) do this, not quite all religions have a central control figure. Don't get me wrong, I think they're all unnecessary and people shouldn't rely so much on blind faith, but I wouldn't classify them all together in that regard.

Hell one of the main tenants of Islam is that freedom is a sin and since sinners must die, well you get the idea.

its what now?
Where did you get that from?

EDIT: I'm not sure if you actually know anything about Islam, but 1,436 years ago Islam ordered that slaves be freed. Do you know what the political landscape was like in Arabia 1,436 years ago? Everyone had slaves. Heck, the US had slaves 70 years ago.

I want you to really exercise that brain of yours to think about what that means.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

its what now?
Where did you get that from?

EDIT: I'm not sure if you actually know anything about Islam, but 1,436 years ago Islam ordered that slaves be freed. Do you know what the political landscape was like in Arabia 1,436 years ago? Everyone had slaves. Heck, the US had slaves 70 years ago.

I want you to really exercise that brain of yours to think about what that means.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-20 14:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there 1 person over everyone else in all religions though?
Yes, there is 1 person over everyone else. That's who you pray to.

1 person, 1 being, 1 creator, 1 master, and in essence, 1 controller.

While the major 3 or so religions (and most, and their sects) do this, not quite all religions have a central control figure.

All polytheist religions have 1 God to rule them all. The other Gods are there as Dukes/Earls/Magistrates/so on.

Heck, the US had slaves 70 years ago.

Quit talking out of your *** for once in your life, ok?

Or are you going to say that slavery, which was abolished in 1865, was still active up until 1944, 80 years after it was illegal to have slaves? Do you even know what was going on in 1944?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 14:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

While the major 3 or so religions (and most, and their sects) do this, not quite all religions have a central control figure.

All polytheist religions have 1 God to rule them all. The other Gods are there as Dukes/Earls/Mag
Yet there are some religions without even a god, but I digress.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 14:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Or are you going to say that slavery, which was abolished in 1865, was still active up until 1944, 80 years after it was illegal to have slaves? Do you even know what was going on in 1944?
Some would argue that slavery exists in another form today (in the US), but not as a direct property association.

But that's another topic.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-20 14:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

All polytheist religions have 1 God to rule them all. The other Gods are there as Dukes/Earls/Mag
Really? Which ones? I'm sure there is a figure to press your entire being towards in those cases.

Some would argue that slavery exists in another form today (in the US), but not as a direct property association.

That's because their ideas of slavery is skewed to fit their agendas.

Like those who think that Corporations rule the lives of the public.....without realizing that it is the public with the power, not the companies.....
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 14:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There are many, but I have to go on an errand, so I'll either list them when I get back, or you can use some googlefoo.

The idea of slavery isn't skewed at all, but like I said: that's another topic.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-20 14:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Which ones? I'm sure there is a figure to press your entire being towards in those cases.

Like those who think that Corporations rule the lives of the public.....without realizing that it is the public with the power, not the companies.....
Scientology technically doesn't have a God one prays to.

Neither does science!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-20 14:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a PBS documentary that describes what he talking about.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2176766758/

Quote:
Douglas A. Blackmon documents how very few of the 4 million slaves that existed at the end of the Civil War were actually allowed to realize their freedom until decades later. As the white middle class of the South grew from 1870-1950 (with the exception of some years encompassing the Great Depression), due in no small part to the success of Southern industry, the blacks were kept in their chains through various mechanisms, such as convict leasing and debt peonage, over and above the outright discrimination and violence that they also suffered.

The Southern convict leasing systems were a means of extending slavery for African Americans well past the Civil War, Emancipation Proclamation and the 13th and 14th amendments. Southern laws were crafted to guarantee that the now “free” African Americans would be incarcerated at much higher rates than whites. Blacks were picked up, hauled off and locked up for ridiculous crimes such as “vagrancy” (being homless or unemployed), loitering in public, speaking loudly in the company of white women or selling farm products after dark, to name only a few.

Once these people were matriculated into the prison system, they had effectively become slave laborers again. The state allowed convicts to be leased out to private corporations for little more than a pittance – convict laborers were rented out at monthly rates that represented a 50-80% discount over the wages paid to free laborers. They were forced to work in some of the most dangerous environments at the time, laying railroad and mining coal, and a significant percentage developed severe illness/injuries and died in the course of such work.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 14:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

All polytheist religions have 1 God to rule them all. The other Gods are there as Dukes/Earls/Magistrates/so on.

1972 actually.
Clickme
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-20 14:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin is the Allfather but that doesn't mean he rules the Johtunn, Fire Giants, or Vanir. He is king of the Aesir and one of the primary worshiped deities, but again, he is not creator or supreme. Thor and Tyr were equally worshiped.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 14:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Asura.Kingnobody said: »If new information is presented to me I dismiss it as having come from one's anus.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 14:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Neither does science!
It would depend which scientist you ask. There are creationist scientists out there, and the split between creationist and none creationists is pretty even.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Neither does science!
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-20 15:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
It would depend which scientist you ask. There are creationist scientists out there, and the split between creationist and none creationists is pretty even.
Unless there's been a drastic change since 1991, only 5% of scientists identify as creationists. I don't think there's been another poll since then, or at least I couldn't find it.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 15:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
Unless there's been a drastic change since 1991, only 5% of scientists identify as creationists. I don't think there's been another poll since then, or at least I couldn't find it.
Evolution of the term.
Creationist at the time used to refer to scientists who rejected evolution. Largely due to a steady and slow change in the vatican's stance with evolution.

Today Creationist includes those who subscribe to intelligent design, accept and reject evolution. Even Big Bang theorists can be creationists.

On the opposite end are chaos theorists.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-20 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Er no.

"Main" Egyptian gods/goddesses changed over the course of the year based on the seasons or time period popularity.

Sumarian religion (basis for most Mesopotamian religions) had a core set of deities but each city/state decided who to worship.

Even the Greeks and Romans had variance depending on the city/state you were in or the time period.

Polytheistic religions are complicated.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 16:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never looked deep into Polytheist religions (well no further than my comic book collection of Thor) but didn't some dude f_ck a wolf that gave birth to his mother?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-20 16:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Which region of the world or religion are you asking about?

Because if you're asking about Fenrir....
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 16:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's the fun of the atheist religions (yes, one can be an atheist and religious, but no atheism is not a religion).

To spell it out: just because one doesn't believe in a god/gods, doesn't mean they don't have a religion, a religion isn't dependent upon deities. But I realize if that's too mind blowing for a few people out there.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 16:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it Fenrir? Idk.. but somebody got it on with a K9!
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-20 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir is brother to jormy.

Loki (fenrir's papa) nor his mom is a wolf.

Genetics don't count for much in the Norse religion
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 16:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's the fun of the atheist religions (yes, one can be an atheist and religious, but no atheism is not a religion).

To spell it out: just because one doesn't believe in a god/gods, doesn't mean they don't have a religion, a religion isn't dependent upon deities. But I realize if that's too mind blowing for a few people out there.

Not mind blowing at all. Athiests might think they don't subscribe to christian principles in the west, but the fact is the single most influence on their existence are christian values and history.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 16:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm saw your edit. ahhhh I see.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 16:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about some of the more conservative members of our site.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-20 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl often cant realize theirs a difference between belief in religion and a belief in god.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 16:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
ppl often cant realize theirs a difference between belief in religion and a belief in god.
indeed.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19