Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 17:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You really did flunk history, didn't you?
I didn't flunk it, I just never had an interest in it period.
this explains so much.
I'm sorry, but do you expect me to be a scholar in ever subject in existence, to know every single detail about everything ever existed or will exist in the future?

Heck, you yourself cannot be held to your own standards, why should you expect me to be held to your standards?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 17:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't flunk it, I just never had an interest in it period.
this explains so much.
I'm sorry, but do you expect me to be a scholar in ever subject in existence, to know every single detail about everything ever existed or will exist in the future?

Heck, you yourself cannot be held to your own standards, why should you expect me to be held to your standards?

I like how that's where you go, and fail.
By fonewear 2014-10-09 17:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
fonewear said: »

Do to budget cuts History will be replaced with recess.

English too? Let's try math. Do =\= due.

I can barely read so give me a break ! American education and so forth !

Here is a video to prove it:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 21:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

for Chaos:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-10 09:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-10 09:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, according to Homeland Security, they're anti-Islamic terrorists.

Quote:
The U.S. Homeland Security chief on Thursday presented evidence countering statements from conservative lawmakers that members of the Islamic State, which is the target of a U.S.-led air campaign in Iraq and Syria, had been caught entering America.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said four members of a Kurdish group that opposes Islamic State were arrested last month trying to enter the United States illegally from Mexico.

He said investigators had determined the four were members of the Kurdistan Workers' Party, known as the PKK.

The PKK is a separatist group in Turkey designated by the U.S. government as a "foreign terrorist organization." But in the conflict against Islamic State it has allied itself with other Kurdish groups fighting the Islamist militants.

Johnson noted that the PKK was "actually fighting against ISIL and defended Kurdish territory in Iraq." They would be deported by U.S. authorities, he said in a speech in Washington.

Several conservative politicians and media outlets have claimed in recent days that Islamic State militants had infiltrated the United States from Mexico, which Johnson and other administration officials have denied.

On Tuesday, Representative Duncan Hunter, a California Republican, told Fox News that "at least 10 ISIS fighters have been caught coming across the Mexican border in Texas."

A second Republican, Representative Tom Cotton, a Senate candidate in Arkansas, said last month that the Islamic State was collaborating with Mexican drug cartels.

U.S. intelligence and national security officials said that U.S. agencies had no evidence that anyone connected with the Islamic State or other jihadist groups fighting in Iraq or Syria have tried to cross into the United States from Mexico.

The officials also said they were unaware of any threat or plots by the Islamic State or related groups coming from Mexico.
Four anti-Islamic State Kurds arrested entering U.S. from Mexico
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-10 09:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-10 09:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Militants of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) have infiltrated one of Baghdad's outer suburbs, Abu Ghraib which is only eight miles from the runway perimeter of Baghdad's international airport.

It's cause for serious concern now that the Iraqi Defense Ministry has confirmed ISIS has MANPADs, shoulder fired anti-aircraft missiles.

The Iraqi army is still patrolling Abu Ghraib, but they play cat and mouse with the ISIS fighters who stage hit and run attacks on security forces.

It's a mixed picture around the city. ISIS took over the city of Fallujah -- only about 40 miles west of Baghdad -- in January, and the Iraqi security forces have fought in vain for a year to force them out.

Instead, and in spite of weeks of U.S.-led airstrikes, ISIS has gradually extended its reach. The extremist group is now either present or in control of a huge swath of countryside, forming a 180-degree arc around the Iraqi capital from due north around to the west, and all the way to the south.

Around this zone there have been skirmishes, and occasionally heavy fighting, with Iraqi security forces and Shiite militias battling ISIS.

American jets have carried out more than two dozen airstrikes in the area, mainly near Fallujah and the city of Ramadi, further to the west.

Inside Baghdad itself, there are ISIS sleeper cells that carry out almost daily bombings and assassinations.

An Iraqi officer told CBS News that the airstrikes are helping to clear an ISIS-free buffer zone around the city, where there are Iraqi boots on the ground. In fact, there are 60,000 men assigned to defend the capital, but it's not clear they are disciplined enough to put up a sufficient fight if ISIS launches a major offensive.

As at least three major Iraqi military debacles have shown over the past five months -- the most stunning being the quick fall of Mosul in the north -- the army is plagued with problems of poor leadership and endemic corruption that undermine their effectiveness as a fighting force.

As CBS News correspondent David Martin reported from the Pentagon on Thursday, due to the relatively poor performance of the Iraqi troops west of Baghdad, the airstrikes are having a limited impact.

In a clear indication of both the urgency of stopping any advance on Baghdad from the West, and in the need for precision strikes around the densely populated city, the U.S. used Apache attack helicopters -- for the first time in the fight against ISIS -- in Anbar province on Sunday.

The militants largely control the main highway between Baghdad and the border with Jordan, to the west, and the desert surrounding it.
ISIS encroaches on ultimate prize in Iraq
By Blazed1979 2014-10-10 09:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I never expected the new Iraqi military to put much of a fight when tested.

The Ba'athist Sadam Hussain loyalists are the most experienced. They're the ones that fought the decade war against Iran and the first Gulf War.

Those of them that joined the new Iraqi Military apparatus probably don't have much loyalty to the new regime. Considering how unfairly they've been treated since Maliki came to power.

My prediction:

Round 1 Fight: Baghdad will fall. Iran will invade and establish political supremacy over Iraq.

Round 2 Fight: Israel will make a stupid move - military air strikes against Iranian held areas in Iraq + their nuclear facilities. Entire region is drawn into WWIII.

Final Round: Armageddon - the second coming. Christ arrives wearing a "thanks obama" t-shirt. Only its not Christ but the Anti-Christ. He claims to be both the Mahdi and the Christ.

Bonus Round - Test your might: December 29th 2016, Skynet launches nuclear airstrikes against all majorly populated cities around the world. Those that survive are to become human batteries. Skynet develops a virtual world "matrix" where all humans consciousnesses exists. Neo learns to dodge bullets.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-10 09:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more concerned about ISIS using the airport system to smuggle people in the country than them blowing up airplanes.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-10 10:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more concerned about ISIS using the airport system to smuggle people in the country than them blowing up airplanes.
Blame Canada. (Google ISIS + Canada)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-10 10:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Blame Canada. (Google ISIS + Canada)
I'll blame Canada for anything.

But don't you mean "It's Bush's fault"?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-11 17:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Come January during the sixth season premiere of “Archer,” the show’s central spy agency will no longer be called ISIS.

The creators of the hit FX animated show have eliminated all use of the acronym, which stands for the International Secret Intelligence Service — the name of the show’s underground spy organization — as it’s become increasingly associated with the jihadist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

According to The Daily Beast, the season opener shows movers rolling out the circular blue ISIS sign that has been a prominent part of the show’s New York City setting for the past five seasons. The pivotal scene and following dialogue between Malory Archer (Jessica Walter) and her son Sterling (H. Jon Benjamin) — explaining that they now work for the CIA — was added after the original version of the episode screened at San Diego Comic-Con.

“We were waiting for it to go away — at least I was,” creator Adam Reed told The Daily Beast. “Back in season 5, FX said, ‘This might be a thing,’ and I thought, ‘Maybe it won’t be? Maybe it’ll be the mole that I’m gonna ignore and nothing will happen.’ We got sort of lucky and could organically make a merger with the CIA, so we went back and retroactively painted out the ISIS logos in parts of the show, and we just don’t talk about it in dialogue.”

However, they didn’t remove the logo or mentions of ISIS from previous seasons of the show.

“We won’t say ISIS anymore, and the only visual representation of it will be that sign rolling off the show,” exec producer Matt Thompson told The Daily Beast. “It’s just the most awful thing, and we didn’t want to have anything to do with it.”
‘Archer’ Drops ISIS Spy Agency Name
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-11 19:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll blame Canada for anything.

But don't you mean "It's Bush's fault"?
I am so trying to work those sentences into rhyming verse for a song....
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-12 19:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

for Chaos:

A little over the top, but I lol'd.
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-10-12 20:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of insane. OK completely insane. It's a damn TV show that's been around since what, 2009? 2010?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-12 22:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

for Chaos:

A little over the top, but I lol'd.
mission accomplished.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-14 03:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Turkish warplanes attacked Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) targets in southeast Turkey on Sunday in the first significant air operation against the militants since the launch of a peace process two years ago, Hurriyet news website said on Tuesday.

The air strikes caused "major damage" to the PKK, Hurriyet said. They were launched after three days of PKK attacks on a military outpost in Hakkari province near the Iraqi border, it added.

There was no immediate comment from the military on the reported air strikes, which Hurriyet said was carried out with the knowledge of Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.

The incident came amid Kurdish anger in southeast Turkey at Ankara's failure to intervene along its border with Syria where Islamic State militants have besieged the mainly Kurdish town of Kobani for the last month.

"F-16 and F-4 warplanes which took off from (bases in the southeastern provinces of) Diyarbakir and Malatya rained down bombs on PKK targets after they attacked a military outpost in the Daglica region," Hurriyet said.

It said the PKK had attacked the outpost for three days with heavy machine guns and rocket launchers. The general staff said in a statement it had "opened fired immediately in retaliation in the strongest terms" after PKK attacks in the area.

Ankara launched a peace process with jailed PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan in 2012 to end an insurgency which has killed more than 40,000 people in 30 years.
Turkish warplanes hit Kurdish militant targets in southeast: media
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19